Opinion of William Jennings Bryan?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:56:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of William Jennings Bryan?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: What do you think of him?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Opinion of William Jennings Bryan?  (Read 1964 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2020, 02:59:12 PM »

He fundamentally helped reshape American liberalism as a movement that wants to use government intervention as a means to uplift the lower classes - while before American liberalism was mostly anti-government, believing that its intervention would only mean subsidies and favors to the wankers bankers and the ruling classes. And that is his most important legacy.
But more specifically:
He was a populist, anti-imperialist hero (good)
He attacked snob and wealthy city-dwellers (good to an extent)
He supported women's suffrage (good)
He accepted Jim Crow laws (very very bad)
He supported Prohibition (I'm inclined to say good)*
He was a full-fledged creationist (bad)**
So I voted narrowly for "FF".

*I will be roasted for this... guess I should befriend ExtremeRepublican

**Although most evolutionists at the time were full-fledged eugenicists...
By the way, H. L. Mencken, the journalist who popularized the Scopes trial and attacked WJB in his articles about it, was a f***ing misanthropic resentful man who wrote scathing articles on pretty much everything that came to his mind. He loved Nietzsche, and indeed had the same f***ing "men are ignorant and stupid monkeys fooled by religion and democracy" attitude of Nietzsche, coupled with a big "racist towards everyone" one too.

Actually he didnt, he borrowed everything from Karl Marx, that was his mentor. Dawanism was a Karl Marx theory. Just like Madison didnt really change much from the Roman, English law. House and Senate were the exact model of Roman law. Whigs or Bull Moose party, which was liberal at first and then became conservative was English law. That's why our buildings in the Capital are Roman Collessiums slaves built.

You want to know why AA are so hard on Jefferson, Jackson and Wilson, they built the Capitol buildings and Pyrimids without modern technology
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2020, 04:01:56 PM »

He fundamentally helped reshape American liberalism as a movement that wants to use government intervention as a means to uplift the lower classes - while before American liberalism was mostly anti-government, believing that its intervention would only mean subsidies and favors to the wankers bankers and the ruling classes. And that is his most important legacy.
But more specifically:

By the way, H. L. Mencken, the journalist who popularized the Scopes trial and attacked WJB in his articles about it, was a f***ing misanthropic resentful man who wrote scathing articles on pretty much everything that came to his mind. He loved Nietzsche, and indeed had the same f***ing "men are ignorant and stupid monkeys fooled by religion and democracy" attitude of Nietzsche, coupled with a big "racist towards everyone" one too.

Actually he didnt, he borrowed everything from Karl Marx, that was his mentor. Dawanism was a Karl Marx theory. Just like Madison didnt really change much from the Roman, English law. House and Senate were the exact model of Roman law. Whigs or Bull Moose party, which was liberal at first and then became conservative was English law. That's why our buildings in the Capital are Roman Collessiums slaves built.

You want to know why AA are so hard on Jefferson, Jackson and Wilson, they built the Capitol buildings and Pyrimids without modern technology

I should not argue with this lunacy, right?
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2020, 04:16:54 PM »

Lean FF.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2020, 06:14:45 PM »

But more specifically:

OK I am in Law school and passed all of my Poli Sci classes, okay, sure
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2020, 11:24:09 AM »

But more specifically:

I wouldn't necessarily call WJB a Dawanist.  Marx rejected religion wholesale, which Bryan's secular philosophy did not do, because it utilized Christianity as the way to achieve secularism by outlawing the teaching of Darwinism.  Darwinism contradicts Dawanism if it's used to justify public policy.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2020, 05:59:17 PM »

But more specifically:

OK I am in Law school and passed all of my Poli Sci classes, okay, sure

Its over generalized nonsense, with a ton of falsehoods baked in. Doesn't matter where you sourced it from, that just means they don't know what they are talking about either.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies