Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:43:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread  (Read 7331 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« on: July 10, 2020, 11:50:59 PM »
« edited: July 11, 2020, 11:34:51 PM by Weatherboy »

Thread for local campaigning for the Democratic Alliance and allied parties (Currently the Atlasian Future Party (Southern Branch), Liberal Party of Lincoln and the Populist Party of Lincoln)
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 07:21:05 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2020, 11:49:54 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

The Democratic Alliance will be airing this ad in all states with local elections from 7/11 - 7/24.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5xH4imPnr8

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 07:41:17 PM »

Reported for personal attacks and offensive language!

On the other hand, I look great on camera!
I wasn't the one using the offensive language, Mr. President.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 07:48:08 PM »

Lol what a cringe-worthy ad. Is this really the best you can come up with?
better than your response to insulting your own voters, it seems.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 09:04:22 PM »

Interesting opinions coming from someone who considers a white supremacist to be a "nice guy".

I didn't defend his views. I simply said he was a nice guy to be around. Doesn't change the fact that his views are reprehensible.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 02:58:38 PM »

AFP South previous campaigning here: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=382219.0
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 03:01:10 PM »

This is a censored version of the screenshot shown, so that the people may be able to see it in full, rather than in chunks shown in the ad. I do believe this is enough to pass the "offensive language" rules, as it's censored as anyone else would do it normally.

I do appreciate yankee not completely removing the ad, and simply keeping the link. Although I don't 100% agree with the action, I'm simply glad that the extremer option was not put in place.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 03:36:46 PM »

Confirming that the Democratic Alliance is running fusion campaigns with the Liberal Party of Lincoln, Populist Party of Lincoln, and the Atlasian Future Party (Southern Branch) .
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 12:51:24 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2020, 01:28:01 AM by Weatherboy »

The Democratic Alliance is airing this ad in all states with local elections until July 24.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 06:05:29 PM »

The Democratic Alliance will be airing this ad NATIONWIDE on Thursday and Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvPetPMAb2o&feature=youtu.be
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 07:57:33 PM »

Despite them being Labor attack ads, which I will not defend, I must say that WB is doing a fine job with videos. I always enjoy videos, even when I dislike their contents

thanks! Smiley and the second one isn't an attack ad...
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2020, 02:15:38 PM »

WB during his online rally

Fmr. Delegate, Rep, and President WB held on online rally today, and talked about the Democratic Alliance's commitment to reduce sprawl and increase quality of life on the local level.

I want to thank you all for listening in. I wanted to talk to you all today because we have extremely important local elections coming up. These elections are gonna decide how your local government functions, and we need to make sure they're actually working for people.

As you all have seen from ads aired for the past two weeks, the Democratic Alliance is committed to serving our local communities. All of the proposals we've put out, mixed zoning, increased public transport, and planning a denser urban core are all common sense ideas. All of these reduce travel time, pollution, traffic, and as a consequence of all those, headaches and blood pressure. laughs

We can't ignore the pollution coming from having seas of cars stuck on the highway for hours at a time. Mixed zoning makes your commute shorter as you can live and work closer to home. Public transportation means cheap, or potentially even free transportation, an absolute must for several people. And although the last point here seems like wishful thinking, we can plan growing communities smartly. A dense urban core is a must, and something we need, as long as transportation to the city is accessible. For cities that are already grown, we need to plan smarter in the future. We can't have Atlasia be one endless suburb.

These are the values I hold, and these are the values the Democratic Alliance holds. To make these ideas a reality, and for a brighter future, vote for the Democratic Alliance.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2020, 07:20:27 PM »

FMR. PRESIDENT WB TO BEGIN STATEWIDE TOUR OF SOUTH CAROLINA FOR DA CANDIDATES
For immediate release

Fmr. President Weatherboy has announced his intentions to tour the state of South Carolina to campaign for Democratic Alliance candidates ahead of the local elections. The tour will have speeches in all towns of 50,000 or more, as well as other regional centers.

Weatherboy has stated that the tour kick-off event will occur at Carolina Wren Park in Anderson, SC on August 3rd. Due to coronavirus concerns, attendance at this event will be restricted to a maximum of 100, with masks and social distancing enforced. The event will, however, be streamed online via YouTube, Facebook Live, and Twitch. 
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 03:18:44 PM »

FMR. PRESIDENT WB RELEASES TENTATIVE SCHEDULE FOR SC TOUR
For immediate release

Fmr. President Weatherboy has released the tentative schedule for his statewide tour of SC. The tour plans to start throughout the upstate before heading to Columbia, then east to Florence and Myrtle Beach before going to the Charleston area. Event locations are subject to change, but the cities will not.

WB's SC Tour Map can be found here.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2020, 08:16:00 PM »

CAMPAIGN KICK-OFF
Carolina Wren Park, Anderson, SC

AndersonSCDowntown
Excel23 / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Downtown Anderson. The rally was held at Carolina Wren Park, near the center of town. Masks with the Democratic Alliance logo printed on them were provided to those attending. Social distancing guidelines were enforced and attendance was restricted to only 100 persons.

Good evening Anderson!

Today marks the beginning of not just a campaign, but a new era for South Carolina!

cheers

This state has been mismanaged by the big parties for too long. Our small towns and infrastructure have been left behind. Let me ask you: By a show of hands, how many of you have had to swerve on the roads to avoid potholes at least once in the past day or two?

camera pans to show approximately 2/3 of attendees raising their hands

Now, do you think that our old 2 party system will suddenly care about that issue? I thought not. We need new leadership, folks. We need a party that has a concrete plan for our state. And the Democratic Alliance has shown that we have a plan for you.

We have some of the best and brightest minds in urban planning and transportation in our party. My good friend, and hopefully soon-to-be Chancellor, Ninja, has been one of the greatest advocates for public transportation in Atlasia. They know what they're doing, and they've guided our policy. I tell you right now that a vote for the Democratic Alliance is a vote forward. A vote for these fine men and women who want to represent you in the next State Legislative session is a vote for better public transportation, a focus on local issues that affect you. A vote for them is a vote for a party that actually cares. A vote for them is a vote for breaking this system that has left us in such a bad state!
Thank you! I'm now going to hand this over to your great candidate for State Senator...

After the rally, the campaign announced that Beaufort's rally would be brought down to a speech, with no non-media presence allowed for safety. This was due to the size of Pigeon Point Park being considered too small to hold a rally at safely. Instead, the event at Falls Park in Greenville will be a rally, as the park is large enough for social distancing with a small crowd.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2020, 04:37:27 PM »

This ad will be posted on billboards and online in Lincoln.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2020, 07:56:57 PM »

MEET THE CANDIDATES
Mig's Pizza Castle, Greenwood, SC

Mig's Pizza Castle. Masks were required by the management of the establishment.

Today I went down to the great city of Greenwood, where I and the local candidates for State House and State Senate met up with several constituents at Mig's Pizza Castle. Aside than praising the quality of the pizza, we talked to constituents about the Democratic Alliance's plans for infrastructure, urban planning, and our focus on local issues.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2020, 07:50:12 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2020, 07:53:55 PM by Weatherboy »

RALLY
Falls Park, Greenville, SC

Rrparkgvl
J. Eric Morris / Public domain

Liberty Bridge at Falls Park. Masks were required at the rally. Attendance was restricted to approximately 150 people spread out around the speaking platform in the park. See area

Thank you Greenville!

I wanted to speak a little bit today about improving and expanding our public transportation system. Imagine, just for a moment, that you're a person in South Greenville who's down on their luck. You have no job, no car, and no steady place to live. Now, what are you supposed to do if you have no jobs open in walking distance? Our current system says "oh well, pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and leaves you in the lurch.

But the Democratic Alliance strives to give everyone opportunity, and one of the best ways to do that is to make an expansive, low cost or even free public transportation system. We need to give everyone their opportunity to succeed.

Not only do these transport systems provide jobs through the operation of the vehicles, but better access to small businesses allows them to boom. Big cities and smaller towns alike would benefit immensely from this. Poverty falls in areas with public transport. So let's make it happen!

The big parties have failed to deliver. The Democratic Alliance will. And when you elect us later this month, we will fight for you!

Thank you!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2020, 09:06:35 PM »

RALLY
Barnet Park, Spartanburg, SC

Barnett Park
Seth Rubenstein from Spartanburg, SC, United States / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)

Barnet Park, where the rally was held. WB stood at the amphitheater stage (see Area)
Masks and social distancing were required. The crowd was limited to approximately 150 in the seating at the amphitheater, and approximately 500 in the surrounding lawn area.

Good afternoon Spartanburg!

cheers

I always loved this place, this nice open area where we can gather, and nowadays we can still do it safely. We've got a lot of folks here today thanks to this great park.

And that's what I want to talk to you about today. We need more green spaces in our cities and towns. Places for our kids to play. Places for adults to relax or exercise. Places where we can be together while also being apart during this time of crisis.

We need to give our small towns and cities incentive to create more areas like this. We need to make sure that when things come back to normal, no one living in a town has to drive two towns over just so their kid can play on a playground with other kids. I, and all other Democratic Alliance candidates, are committed to these seemingly small scale issues that have such a large impact on people's lives. We are committed to improving EVERYONE'S quality of life in this state, and more local public parks are a part of that equation. If you have this vision, if you want to see this vision come to life, then the two big parties won't do, the Democratic Alliance is the one for you!

Thank you!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2020, 07:36:06 PM »

SPEECH
Glencairn Garden, Rock Hill, SC

Main Street (Rock Hill, SC)
Hashtag youre it / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Downtown Rock Hill. Glencairn Garden (see area) was deemed too small for a proper rally, and as such attendance was limited to media only.

Good afternoon, Rock Hill. I'm a bit sad that I couldn't see you all in person, but your health matters more than seeing me speak firsthand.

I wanted to speak today about the importance of public housing. We still have thousands sleeping on the streets in this state. Hundreds right here in Rock Hill. And yet the big parties continue to do nothing about it. The Democratic Alliance wants to change that.

I know the people who are running under the DA banner, and they overwhelmingly support my idea that I brought up back in the Chamber of Delegates debate. Tiny houses, meant to provide some stability, a platform for those who have been in hard times for months, years even, to push themselves up from.

Poverty is a vicious cycle, and it's our job as a caring nation to stop it. People without stable housing are more likely to not know how to properly apply for a job, or have an interview, or set up a resume. Those things mean that they're less likely to get a job, which means they can't get stable housing. The cycle repeats.

The goal of this project that the Democratic Alliance wants to create is to not only give those without housing a place to stay, but also to give them classes to find out how to properly apply for a job, create a resume, et cetra. With this, we can give thousands of people in this state the ability to be fully functioning, productive members of society.

The big parties have no plan for those who can't help themselves. The Democratic Alliance does. If you want to see that plan put into action, vote DA.

Thank you.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2020, 10:17:42 PM »

RALLY
Finlay Park, Columbia, SC

Columbia SC Finlay Park
Klinhphotog KLinh Evelyn Grace Photography / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)

Finlay Park. Attendance was limited to 200 people, masks and social distancing were required. See area

Hello, Columbia!

You know, I never really come to Columbia that often. And when I do, I'm usually on my way to Congaree, just a dozen or so miles southeast of here.

That's what I wanted to talk about today. The importance of keeping pristine habitats the way they are, not only for our own recreation and enjoyment, but also to ensure that wildlife lives in peace.

We need to ensure that new development does not hurt our ecosystem. We need to make sure that those in charge of greenlighting development are unable to be bought out, so they can turn a blind eye to what polluters are doing. The Democratic Alliance pledges to ensure these goals are reached, to ensure that future generations can enjoy the wonders of nature, and not ask us "where did all the birds go?", or "where did all the fish go?".
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2020, 08:31:52 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2020, 10:28:09 PM by Weatherboy »

SPEECH
Garrison's Place, Hartsville, SC

Hartsville SC
Evanoco / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Downtown Hartsville. Garrison's Place is too small for a proper rally (see Area), so attendance was limited to media personnel.

Good evening Hartsville. I will say that your motto, "a small town with a big heart" rings true. I've been treated so well here. I regret that I could not speak to you in person, but once again public health is the bigger issue.

Let me tell you a story. It goes back to a day in 2008. On that day, a great child was born. His name was Garrison. He was born with Spinal Muscular Atrophy, a disease that causes the muscles to weaken so much that he couldn't even eat on his own. The doctors said he would be lucky to live to his first birthday.

But Garrison was strong. He, like so many other SMA kids I've known through my mother's volunteer work in the community, was positive all the time despite his condition. He celebrated many birthdays, even when the doctors said he wouldn't be able to live to celebrate one.

Garrison had a dream. A dream that every kid in his position could still enjoy what normal kids could. And that dream led to the playground you see behind me. Named after the little boy who had dreamed of it, Garrison's Place has swingsets and ziplines built to hold wheelchairs.

Garrison passed away last year. And when I attended his funeral, I tried my best to comfort his grieving parents. Garrison was just 11 years old.

Pause and deep breath

Sorry, this is just... really emotional for me... sorry.

The procession also led here, and I saw what Garrison's wish had accomplished. Disabled children all around this area now have a place to have fun and to meet other kids. As we released balloons into the sky, floating over the firetrucks that he loved to watch so much, I knew that all over this state, this country, there are disabled children who don't have what Hartsville has thanks to Garrison.

And now I stand here pledging to make Garrison's dream come true for disabled children all over this state. The Democratic Alliance stands firm, and we will push to fund accessible playgrounds and recreation spaces, because every child, no matter what their physical condition is, needs a place to play.

Thank you.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2020, 10:47:00 PM »

SPEECH
Timrod Park, Florence, SC

Aerial view of Western Florence, South Carolina
Florence Conventions and Visitors Bureau / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Aerial View of Florence Civic Center, a few miles west of Timrod Park. Timrod Park was considered too small for a proper rally and thus attendance was limited to media only.

Good evening Florence.

Let me ask you, when we look at the state of Atlasia, do we something that continues to foster good activity? Do we see a nation that allows new faces to have a chance? I'd answer no. Why is that? Because the big parties are afraid of change.

They are afraid that their grip on this country will loosen, and in response they try to make sure as many races are safe as possible. Their leaders come out and say that tyhe don't care about fair democracy. Meanwhile, they deliver nothing to you.

We are the change. We will beat them, not just here in SC, but around the country. I will fight every day of this campaign to make sure of that.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2020, 08:29:33 PM »

SPEECH
Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, Myrtle Beach, SC

Myrtle Beach South Carolina 100420-F-4155R-026
U.S. Air Force photo/Tech. Sgt. Louis L. Rivers / Public domain

Myrtle Beach Boardwalk near Plyler Park. The area was considered too small to have a proper rally safely, and as such attendance was limited to medial personnel only.

Hello Myrtle Beach! It's a pleasure to be in this wonderful town, despite all the traffic.
Look at that beautiful blue ocean behind me. It's amazing to be able to live so near to such beauty.

That's why the Democratic Alliance in South Carolina is gonna fight against any offshore drilling in our state. Our beaches and waterfronts are pristine. We will not let fat cat oil tycoons take advantage of those beautiful areas and turn them into endless oil rigs. We will not let them create another Deepwater Horizon off our coast. We will not let them exploit workers and the environment we hold so dear.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2020, 09:19:32 PM »

SPEECH
Mount Pleasant Waterfront Park, Mount Pleasant, SC

Mount Pleasant (South Carolina)
Anne Hornyak from Griffith, IN, USA / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)

Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, which goes over the park. The park (see area) was deemed too small for a proper rally, and as such attendance was limited to media personnel only.

Good afternoon Mount Pleasant!

Right behind me is the great Cooper River. If you went all the way up it, provided you went on the west fork near Columbia, and if the dams weren't in the way, you'd get all the way up to my home area in Anderson County. Back in my hometown, we call the Saluda the "Polluta". That's because the runoff and trash is so badly built up in it that no one would want to swim in it for fear of their own health. There's a reason why there's still limits as to how much fish you can eat from that river, and several lakes throughout the state.

That's why the Democratic Alliance is in steadfast support of maintaining and expanding punishments for pollution. We need to keep our rivers clean, and we can't afford to let them get clogged up with unsafe chemicals, plastic, and other junk that someone couldn't be bothered disposing properly.

Let's make sure that environmental polluters finally get punished for their actions.

After the speech, WB headed down to Sullivan's restaurant, on Sullivan's Island for a "Meet the Candidates" event. He and the local State Rep. and State Sen. candidates met with constituents over seafood and drinks.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies