Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:54:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread  (Read 7172 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 10, 2020, 11:50:59 PM »
« edited: July 11, 2020, 11:34:51 PM by Weatherboy »

Thread for local campaigning for the Democratic Alliance and allied parties (Currently the Atlasian Future Party (Southern Branch), Liberal Party of Lincoln and the Populist Party of Lincoln)
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 07:21:05 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2020, 11:49:54 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

The Democratic Alliance will be airing this ad in all states with local elections from 7/11 - 7/24.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5xH4imPnr8

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 07:39:15 PM »

Reported for personal attacks and offensive language!

On the other hand, I look great on camera!

Also, prophetic/from the same convo:

RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 07:40:49 PM »

Report your president then. Awful language. DEEPLY DISTURBING!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 07:41:17 PM »

I wasn't the one using the offensive language, Mr. President.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 07:43:39 PM »

By that logic, why not throw in some Hitler quotes and KKK rally transcripts? After all, it wouldn't be y'all using the offensive language!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 07:46:17 PM »

Lol what a cringe-worthy ad. Is this really the best you can come up with?
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 07:48:08 PM »

better than your response to insulting your own voters, it seems.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 07:48:18 PM »

By that logic, why not throw in some Hitler quotes and KKK rally transcripts? After all, it wouldn't be y'all using the offensive language!
Woah there, that's a pretty big jump, imagine a former President comparing opposing views to Hitler. Wow, disappointed Mr. President.

Again, is cringeworthy the best you could come up with?
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 07:52:18 PM »

I would like to see the great Labor TV ads.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2020, 08:09:22 PM »

Woah there, that's a pretty big jump, imagine a former President comparing opposing views to Hitler. Wow, disappointed Mr. President.

Imagine?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 08:32:43 PM »

If this is all the dirt the DA and the Feds have on Labor, I think we are pretty safe.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2020, 08:38:49 PM »

Interesting opinions coming from someone who considers a white supremacist to be a "nice guy".
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2020, 09:04:22 PM »

Interesting opinions coming from someone who considers a white supremacist to be a "nice guy".

I didn't defend his views. I simply said he was a nice guy to be around. Doesn't change the fact that his views are reprehensible.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2020, 02:58:38 PM »

AFP South previous campaigning here: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=382219.0
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 03:01:10 PM »

This is a censored version of the screenshot shown, so that the people may be able to see it in full, rather than in chunks shown in the ad. I do believe this is enough to pass the "offensive language" rules, as it's censored as anyone else would do it normally.

I do appreciate yankee not completely removing the ad, and simply keeping the link. Although I don't 100% agree with the action, I'm simply glad that the extremer option was not put in place.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2020, 03:36:46 PM »

Confirming that the Democratic Alliance is running fusion campaigns with the Liberal Party of Lincoln, Populist Party of Lincoln, and the Atlasian Future Party (Southern Branch) .
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 12:51:24 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2020, 01:28:01 AM by Weatherboy »

The Democratic Alliance is airing this ad in all states with local elections until July 24.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2020, 06:05:29 PM »

The Democratic Alliance will be airing this ad NATIONWIDE on Thursday and Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvPetPMAb2o&feature=youtu.be
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2020, 07:37:10 PM »

Despite them being Labor attack ads, which I will not defend, I must say that WB is doing a fine job with videos. I always enjoy videos, even when I dislike their contents
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2020, 07:57:33 PM »

Despite them being Labor attack ads, which I will not defend, I must say that WB is doing a fine job with videos. I always enjoy videos, even when I dislike their contents

thanks! Smiley and the second one isn't an attack ad...
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2020, 09:13:41 PM »

Vice Chairman Ninja0428 gave a speech as part of an online DA rally before election weekend which was available to watch live on Youtube and the DA website. The rally encouraged voters to turn out for local candidates and vote for new leadership.

Quote from: Online Rally
Hello to our viewers from around Atlasia. I am happy to be speaking to you all, regardless of the medium in these trying times. I wish to speak in person soon but for now we've got to stay safe. As I hope you know, coming up this weekend are the first local election under our reorganized system. Local and state elections will be taking place in (Mr. Ninja proceeded to list the locations for elections). I'm here tonight because I want to encourage everyone to vote in their local elections. The big federal elections may be what gets all the attention, but local government matters just as much! Your local governments have direct control over services like police, transportation, parks, fire, and more, and the people and charge can really make or break your community. Its just important to vote for candidates with strong leadership qualities and a good vision for the future on the lower levels. Unfortunately, I don't believe we've had a enough of those things in our local government. In my career, I've served in many positions on different levels and branches of the government, I've seen political parties come and go, and I've experienced nearly everything. I've seen how our politics works and right now I see a system which isn't working for many of our citizens. Right now I see a government that is being dominated by one group of people, and it is taking a toll. Politicians are being elected by machines and not on their qualities. This is not beneficial for you. We need to change this! We need to vote for candidates who are ready to push new policies and who are willing to take up your needs no matter how difficult it may be. The Democratic Alliance is ready! We are ready to invest in our communities and our citizens to give everyone and everywhere a fair shot. We are ready to innovate and lead Atlasia into the future with new ideas in community planning, new ideas on the environment, new ideas for the economy, and we will not let Atlasia lag behind. We are ready to make governing a cooperative act where people of many viewpoints and of many circumstances can contribute their best ideas, and we will not reject the best ideas because of who they came from. We are ready to tackle  issues such as the difficulty in reaching rural services, uncontrolled urban sprawl, and homelessness on day one. We are ready to make the difference, and we will make the difference by voting for the Democratic Alliance and its allies this weekend.

Mr. Ninja also spent some time answering viewer questions following the speech.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2020, 02:15:38 PM »

WB during his online rally

Fmr. Delegate, Rep, and President WB held on online rally today, and talked about the Democratic Alliance's commitment to reduce sprawl and increase quality of life on the local level.

I want to thank you all for listening in. I wanted to talk to you all today because we have extremely important local elections coming up. These elections are gonna decide how your local government functions, and we need to make sure they're actually working for people.

As you all have seen from ads aired for the past two weeks, the Democratic Alliance is committed to serving our local communities. All of the proposals we've put out, mixed zoning, increased public transport, and planning a denser urban core are all common sense ideas. All of these reduce travel time, pollution, traffic, and as a consequence of all those, headaches and blood pressure. laughs

We can't ignore the pollution coming from having seas of cars stuck on the highway for hours at a time. Mixed zoning makes your commute shorter as you can live and work closer to home. Public transportation means cheap, or potentially even free transportation, an absolute must for several people. And although the last point here seems like wishful thinking, we can plan growing communities smartly. A dense urban core is a must, and something we need, as long as transportation to the city is accessible. For cities that are already grown, we need to plan smarter in the future. We can't have Atlasia be one endless suburb.

These are the values I hold, and these are the values the Democratic Alliance holds. To make these ideas a reality, and for a brighter future, vote for the Democratic Alliance.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2020, 07:20:27 PM »

FMR. PRESIDENT WB TO BEGIN STATEWIDE TOUR OF SOUTH CAROLINA FOR DA CANDIDATES
For immediate release

Fmr. President Weatherboy has announced his intentions to tour the state of South Carolina to campaign for Democratic Alliance candidates ahead of the local elections. The tour will have speeches in all towns of 50,000 or more, as well as other regional centers.

Weatherboy has stated that the tour kick-off event will occur at Carolina Wren Park in Anderson, SC on August 3rd. Due to coronavirus concerns, attendance at this event will be restricted to a maximum of 100, with masks and social distancing enforced. The event will, however, be streamed online via YouTube, Facebook Live, and Twitch. 
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2020, 03:18:44 PM »

FMR. PRESIDENT WB RELEASES TENTATIVE SCHEDULE FOR SC TOUR
For immediate release

Fmr. President Weatherboy has released the tentative schedule for his statewide tour of SC. The tour plans to start throughout the upstate before heading to Columbia, then east to Florence and Myrtle Beach before going to the Charleston area. Event locations are subject to change, but the cities will not.

WB's SC Tour Map can be found here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies