Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:45:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread  (Read 7337 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2020, 06:45:14 PM »

Kerr Street Park, Jacksonville NC

Good Afternoon Jacksonville!

Right now we're seeing something that should open everyone's eyes. Both big parties are supporting one of the largest tax increases in the history of our Region. The DA stood against it. This was not a tax increase on the rich, or even moderately rich, this would affect those making as little as 50 thousand dollars a year. That's pretty close to the average income in North Carolina.

I support the Child Dividend, don't get me wrong. But there are simply far better ways to go about this than taxing such a massive segment of the population and not give them anything in return!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2020, 08:48:40 PM »

Shoals of Cape Fear, Bald Head Island NC

Quote from: Excerpt from WB Speech in Bald Head Island NC
The natural beauty of the Atlantic coast is almost unmatched. That's why the Democratic Alliance is against offshore drilling that would irreparably damage the seashore environments that provide small coastal communities with tourist revenue.

Lamon Street Park, Fayetteville NC
Quote from: Excerpt from WB Speech in Fayetteville NC
You all have a great bus system, I've just gotta say that. But there's one big issue I see. It does not operate during the night. Now you might think that having routes at night is a bad idea, but as I have said numerous times, it's the only way to get around for some people. At night the safety issues are compounded. If someone has to work the night shift, they either have to wait around for their shift to start, or they have to work. The Democratic Alliance is ready to help provide local communities with the funding they need to improve public transportation systems.

JW (Mickey) McGee Park, Concord NC
Quote from: Excerpt from WB Speed in Concord NC
The next crisis will be the mental health of those same heroes we have been applauding for their work. Rep. Beeman made a great flyer that we'll be distributing here that shows how bad the situation already is. Half of the doctors who feel that they're mentally unwell don't seek treatment. Hundreds take their own lives. We can not let this continue. The DA will fight here in NC, and all across Atlasia, to help our essential workers' mental health.

Flyer distributed by volunteers across NC

Village Park, Kannapolis NC
Quote from: Excerpt from WB speech in Kannapolis NC
I'm glad that tmth has begun to bring the Chamber to their senses. The proposed changes mean that far more people in this state can keep that money in their pockets. It's just another example of the DA fighting for you.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2020, 09:25:17 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2020, 09:28:20 PM by tmthforu94 »

Former President Tmthforu94 Campaign Schedule
September 23rd - 25th

September 23rd:
- National Appearance on FOX News
"I think we're going to see another cycle where DA exceeds expectations from the polls. Our candidates are working hard on the ground every day talking with voters about the pragmatic solutions needed in our country. I've especially seen it on the ground here in Kansas, where our campaign has far outpaced our opponents in messaging and grassroots efforts. Voters want candidates and politicians who will listen to them, and that is what we're doing across Atlasia."
- Virtual Town Hall with LA Chamber of Commerce
"It's good to speak with you all, I hope things are going well there and wish I could speak with you in person. While your FM has been focused this campaign on continuing to try and create divisions between regions, the tax policies here are driving businesses out of the region. The corporate tax rates here are unreasonable, especially compared to what we have in the South, with many businesses facing taxes well above 60% federally and regionally. That is not good for Los Angeles, which is a hub for innovation and technological advancements. (Insert Mayoral candidate name) gets that, that's why we need to elect her to serve as the next mayor of Los Angeles. LA needs a leader who will work with all sides and be a fierce advocate for the city at the regional government to ensure your economic interests are better protected.
- Meet and Greet with supporters in Pittsburg, KS
"It is great to be here it Pittsburg, not too far from my hometown! We're in the final days of campaigning, and I just wanted to thank you for all of your hard work. I took a break from Nashville, where we've been making great progress for the region. One of the issues we're currently campaigning on is trying to prevent the Chamber from enacting an 8% tax on the middle class. I don't believe raising taxes on the middle class is the solution, especially in the midst of a global pandemic. Delegate WB and I are dedicated and committed to finding a solution where we can support families in the region while also maintaining fiscal responsibility.
- Virtual Townhall with Mississippi DA Candidates
"Unfortunately, Mississippi hasn't gotten too much attention from the big parties so far this cycle. We've been running ads down there that I'm sure y'all have been seeing, and I'll be making a visit tomorrow in Jackson to rally the troops. Mississippi is seeing firsthand in the Chamber the common-sense reforms that the DA is proposing and enacting, hence why I believe it is important to come down and visit, I think we can do very well. I've had the chance to meet and talk with our candidate Governor - very bright and has great plans for the state!"

September 24th:
- Pancake Breakfast/GOTV Rally in Jackson, Mississippi
"I'm seeing a lot of momentum here on the ground in Mississippi and across Atlasia, for that matter. Especially here in the South, we have great organization and have impressive fundraising numbers. Voters across the South are seeing the hard work that the DA is doing in the Chamber of Delegates - we are thoughtful legislators who are willing to work with both sides and bring people together. Earlier this month, we got hit for being partisan and the attacks from the President got nasty, as we all saw. This is politics at its worst, and especially when it was all predicated on wrong information. WB has been a great and thoughtful member of the legislator, and we have no agenda, other than to serve The People to the best of our ability. As we close out the session, we are on track for it to be one of the most productive in the history of the region. Others can focus on attacks, but I'm proud of the results we are giving the people of Mississippi, and I think it will translate well for us on Election Day."
- Private Strategy Session with DA candidates in Jackson, Mississippi
- Benson Campaign Rally with Benson in Huntington, WV
"Woof woof woof, vote for DA, woof woof woof!"

Former First Dog Benson, moments before taking the stage in West Virginia

September 25th:
- Meeting with University of Kansas College DA
"It's great to be back at my alma mater on the final day of the campaign season! DA leadership has delivered for Kansas in the South, and we're ready to deliver for Kansas again here in the local elections. We've been on the ground here in Kansas from the beginning while others have stayed away, and I believe that is soon going to pay off. Thank you for all your work in this campaign, and hopefully we'll be celebrating a big victory this weekend!"
- National appearance on MSNBC to promote DA Candidates
- Virtual Call with DA Leaders in North Dakota
"Thank you all for your hard work in the final days of the campaign. I know we're facing an uphill fight, but I do believe our positive message is going to resonate with voters and I hope we keep it up. The FM talks about coastal elitists from the DA trying to influence North Dakotans, but you know me...Kansas is just a little South of here, and last I checked, we aren't near a coast. Here in the Great Plains, we're pragmatic and community-focused, working together to solve problems. I'll be livestreaming a speech tonight across the nation that addresses this, I encourage you all to tune in!"
- Campaign Rally in Gardner, KS (Livestreamed Nationwide)
"Thank you Kansas, it is so good to be here tonight on the last day of the campaign with OUR next Governor, (insert DA candidate name)!!!!!

We are Kansans. We are pragmatic and community-focused. We believe in unity and action, and as you know, that also happens to be our motto in the DA! We believe in the idea that what unites us is greater than what divides us, that as Atlasians we can overcome our differences to find solutions. Now today, our message is resonating with voters. Some say our party is too new to lead, but my friends, you know me, you know other leaders in the DA and our proven records. While we're still growing in numbers, you can see from the work on the ground the commitment and dedication to service DAers have...this did not happen over night, rather, from years of service from many of us. No one is more prepared to lead Kansas and Atlasia forward than your Democratic Alliance candidates are, because we have proven records of activity and working with all sides to get the job done. Lately, you've seen this record firsthand in the Chamber of Delegates, where DA leadership is bringing many positive results for Kansas and the Southern Region as a whole. We are fighting for common sense proposals and have been the only party leading the charge against tax increases on the middle class. Recently we passed $2 billion in investments to infrastructure projects, as well as authoring legislation to provide accessible recreational areas across the region so that ALL of our children can enjoy the great outdoors! Continuous investments in infrastructure is a key part to our party's platform, as is investments in programs that help communities suffering from economic decline. We must also take a renewed investment in these areas, ensuring basic services such as healthcare and education are adequately funded, as well as investing in rural development programs and small business programs and subsidies. As a product of rural Kansas, I understand and sympathize this firsthand, which is why expanding rural broadband is something I accomplished during my tenure in Atlasia.

For us, it is an all of the above approach - we're excited to work with Federalists, Labor, Liberals and everyone else to accomplish these goals. We have a PROVEN RECORD of doing that here in the South!!! And I want to take a second here to mention something good about the Labor Party - we've been getting all sort of ridiculous attacks from Fremont's FM towards the DA in the last few days...the same FM who thinks he knows what is best for Kansas more than we do and is trying to move the state to Fremont. Yet his actions are in no way a reflection of the Labor Party in the South. We have a great Governor in TimTurner, we have great members in the Chamber from all parties and we are showing that all sides can work together in a positive and constructive way. The same type of cohesiveness and working together will be brought here locally to Kansas if you put the Democratic Alliance in power this weekend!!! The Democratic Alliance is proving in the Southern Chamber our ability to govern effectively.

A key part of successful governing is understanding that all the best ideas don't come from just one party or mindset, rather a collective group. That is the type of leadership you're seeing in the South, and that is what you will have with the Democratic Alliance. Elections are this weekend - get out and vote or ensure your ballot is mailed back in time - make it a mission to ask 10 of your friends or family if they've voted yet and make sure they do. Together we can win and win big! Thank you Kansas and Dave Bless!"
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2020, 09:54:03 PM »

CAMPAIGN KICKOFF SPEECH
Frank D. O'Connor Playground - Queens, NY

Helllooooooooo New York!!! I know you are probably wondering why I chose this playground of all places to kick off my campaigning for the upcoming election.

Well, right across the street is Elmhurst Hospital, ground zero for COVID-19 in Atlasia. Doctors worked tirelessly, some for days on end, to save everyone they could from coronavirus. We know this community was hit harder than others. We know the minority community was hit harder than others.

So then why are parties like Labor and the Peace Party holding full-on conventions, flying members from across the country, without any COVID mitigation in Maine and Georgia? Because those parties, especially Labor, are telling you two different things. They are paying lip-service as they usually do without acting on it.

Recently, in the House, they passed a bill that forces mask enforcement at the Federal level or you must pay a fine. Yet when I asked how this mandate would be enforced, Labor had absolutely no answer. Even though they control most of the Regional governments, Labor is just paying lip-service with our lives. Other states have said enough to labor.

In September, you have that chance too! By voting Democratic Alliance, we can actually make a difference, right here in this community. The next crisis we face after COVID will be taking care of those doctors after they took care of us.

Our party is leading the way in providing mental health services for Atlasians, especially to our doctors. Don't vote the status quo with Labor. Vote change with DA!

The following handout was given to attendees:

Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2020, 10:10:48 PM »

MEET AND GREET
Acela Lounge, Penn Station - Manhattan, New York City, NY

Tamika Jackson met with travelers riding the Acela Express by Amtrak, wearing a face-mask and keeping 6-ft away in her conversations.

So many people criticize Amtrak and the government, yet the Acela Express is actually a huge success and works for people. We need to expand high speed rail.

In the House, I am fighting to expand high speed rail in Lincoln. This upcoming election, you have the power to expand high speed rail nationwide. Democratic Alliance are true believers of our platform and won't just do things half-way. If we're going to improve transportation, let's improve it everywhere!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2020, 10:20:17 PM »

Speech in Worcester, MA
Speech Took Place at Fitton Field, College of the Holy Cross
Attendance Limited to 1500
Masks Required
Streamed Online

Good evening to all in the heart of the commonwealth! That's a lot easier to say than the actual name of Worcester. But rest assured, us members of the Democratic Alliance care about all communities, urban suburban and rural, affluent or not, and regardless of difficulty in pronunciation, we strive to build communities that are the best they can be. You know our opponents in the old style political parties have been trying to convince you guys to keep on voting for the same people that have been in charge so that they can deliver more of the same. I honestly don't see why we should vote for the same people when we could vote for better! For the past century, innovation has consistently been the key to Atlasia's continued success, and Democratic Alliance isn't going to stop that trend. For our party's entire existence, we have been coming out with innovative new policy platforms for your community that the others have been afraid to adopt or address. We have plans to combat growing traffic and climate change with clean public transportation in small and medium cities like Worcester, but not a word about that from Federalists. We've laid out a plan to work with partners in the energy industry to fix our grid, but it seems like Labor wouldn't dare! We know in detail how to build communities for success based on walkability and ease of access to services, and there's no answer from anyone else on it! They'll boast about what big PR things their president or their senators did, but Democratic Alliance has firmly established itself as the party of community innovation. And if you want to see your community improve, then it should be clear who to support in these LOCAL elections.

In case you're wondering why this speech is in a college stadium instead of my usual public park settings, that would be because today I'm joined by a few of our great future leaders in Massachusetts DA Students. Earlier this evening we discussed education reform, something that gets thrown around a lot as a buzz word but never seems to actually happen. Based on our insightful discussions and my own research, I can absolutely say that our education system is, well, old, and an example of yet another area where we need some innovation. Other politicians may not care to change the status quo, but Atlasian education is falling behind, which is why Democratic Alliance is willing and ready to try new methods. We apply our great technological innovations of the past century to our education system, we will make room for the different learning styles that suit individual students, and we will reform curriculum to allow students to find and focus on what they excel in and enjoy, as all students have something that they're good at. But most importantly, we won't only listen to what big party officials like me have to say, (jokingly) despite how impeccable my advice is, but also to the advice of our teachers, parents, and students, who deserve to have more of a say in education. Education is yet another way that DA is ready to innovate in our government, so I hope to see you all join us this weekend and make a change!
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2020, 10:21:33 PM »

RADIO ADVERTISEMENT
IDAHO | IOWA | KANSAS | LOS ANGELES | MASSACHUSETTS | MISSISSIPPI | NEW YORK | NORTH CAROLINA | NORTH DAKOTA | VIRGIN ISLANDS | WEST VIRGINIA

Quote from: Female's Voice
I'm a small business owner and I had to move my business after my tech firm found success in Silicon Valley because the tax rate was 60% in Fremont on top of up to 40% taxes on the Federal level. Labor keeps talking about all the programs they're instituting, yet people like me are paying for it. I had to lay off so many people just to cover taxes.

This election, vote for a party that won't tax our corporations out of Atlasia. Vote Democratic Alliance.

Proudly paid for by Chambers of Commerce for Democratic Alliance, a Traditional PAC
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2020, 10:46:40 PM »

This ad will be distributed online in MA and in newspapers and flyers in Greater Boston, Springfield, and all areas serviced by the MBTA.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2020, 10:47:44 PM »

CAMPAIGN SPEECH
Boston Common, Boston, MA

Attendance was limited to 200 in the immediate vicinity of the speech with mask use mandatory (provided for free) and everyone socially distanced.

Good morning, Beantown!!! I don't have to tell you that Boston is so full of history. If you've been to Boston, you've taken a walk on the freedom trail. If you live here, you're around it every day.

So then why does a party that prides itself on democracy and being the majority party for years have to take over another party like the Greens just to gain another House seat? George Washington wouldn't have stood for that, John Adams wouldn't have stood for that, and you don't have to stand for that.

This September, we can send a message to Labor that their shady tactics are more fit for Russia, not Atlasia! We have the chance to change Atlasia for the better by voting Democratic Alliance.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2020, 10:56:38 PM »

This ad will be distributed online, in newspapers and on flyers in Greater NYC, Long Island, and all other areas serviced by the MTA.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2020, 11:10:35 PM »

MEET AND GREET
Boston College, Boston, MA

Tamika Jackson wore a mask and handed out washable surgical cloth masks with a DA 'handshake' logo to students. She stayed 6 feet away from anyone she spoke to at-length.

Here's a free mask!

===

Vote DA, here's a free mask!

===

Enjoy your day, vote DA!

===

Example at-length conversation with a student:

Colleges are having to navigate how to start classes back up to ensure students are learning, you are getting value for your tuition dollars, which I know aren't cheap, and ensuring the safety of everyone involved.

DA has been leading the charge on COVID-19 while Labor is trying to pass bills that don't make sense like mask enforcement at the Federal level. All they had to do was just hand out masks to people and encourage mask wear through positive reinforcement. Enjoy your day and remember, vote DA!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2020, 11:13:22 PM »

CHARLOTTE BARNSTORM

Abernathy Park, Huntersville NC
Quote from: Excerpt from WB speech in Huntersville NC
I see that Truman, instead of apologizing for attacking my recent good record, has decided to double-down. I do have achievements, Mr. First Minister. If you spent any time caring about the south, you'd know that. In fact, if you'd even bother to watch the ads you attack, you would know that.

But I will hold back in my anger. The DA works with everyone. Even those who seem to think anyone outside of their political circle is a bunch of idiots.

Lineberger Park, Gastonia NC
Quote from: Excerpt from WB speech in Gastonia NC
I am glad to announce that the GARRISON Act has passed! And on a nearly-unanimous vote too! The DA once again is proving our willingness to work with everyone and do what we say we'll do!

Renaissance Park, Charlotte NC
Quote from: Excerpt from WB Speech in southern Charlotte NC
I am 100% behind tmth on the idea to change the Family Opportunity Fund Act. Instead of adding unnecessary bureaucracy, we can expand our current programs to help people just as much. This would save Southern taxpayers a lot of money. Once again, the DA looks for ways to help people without taking more of their hard-earned money.

First Ward Park, Charlotte NC
Quote from: Excerpt from WB speech in Charlotte NC
Well, the day has come. Get out there and vote! Let's bring a new era of good government into North Carolina! Let's save all of NC! Let's lead all of NC!
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2020, 11:51:40 PM »

CONTACTLESS CANVASSING DROP
LOS ANGELES

DA volunteers across Los Angeles conducted contactless literature drops across likely voters in tomorrow's election. Volunteers wore masks and simply left the ads in the door/under welcome mats.

Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2020, 12:23:32 AM »

Speech in Lowell, MA
Speech Took Place at the South Common
Attendance Limited to 300
Masks Required
Streamed Online

Hello Lowell, and hello Northern MA. There's been a lot of campaigning going on right now as the September campaigning season nears an end, and its getting a bit heated right now. I can feel the heat in North Dakota all the way over here! I find it unfortunate that some people, particularly in a certain big red party, are trying to make this campaign about Nyman when it should be about places like Lowell. These are local campaigns that don't run any higher than the state level! I'm sure what's important is not what is being done by big wig politicians hundred of miles from here, but what people will do for Lowell. Well I can tell you what Democratic Alliance will do for Lowell. Our party is committed to developing strong communities through local leadership, which is just as important as federal leadership. We'll ensure that Lowell's infrastructure is maintained, because no matter what its like today, we'll need our infrastructure tomorrow. We'll support the local economy by supporting local businesses. Downtown Manhattan may be important, but for you, Downtown Lowell is equally important! We support policies which make it easy to start businesses by simplifying the process and providing financial security to new entrepreneurs. We support policies which promote local business by developing solid community centers where anyone can easily go and access a good array of local fare. We will support local citizens as well, by establishing an easy to access outreach center where those in need can apply for welfare, find housing in the public housing units we will build, and find good paying local jobs. We will support local families by guaranteeing funding to our schools, innovating our schools, and ensuring that no children go without basic necessities like food. Federal politicians may tell you about their flashy and expensive programs that you might not even see the result of, but I'm here to tell you that we're dedicated to building strong communities in towns like Lowell. Your own neighbors are joining us by running for office because they are ready to help your community. This weekend, you have a choice. Vote for someone else, and you can see what the government's up to on TV. Or, you can vote for Democratic Alliance, and see the results right here!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2020, 12:24:50 AM »

Reminder for Lumine that Events in my Presidential Thread are also for local campaigning!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2020, 11:55:28 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2020, 02:17:23 AM by Delegate Weatherboy »

MEET THE CANDIDATES
Blue Holler Cafe, Rural Edmonson County KY

WB and DA candidates met with people from all over Kentucky who came in to the Blue Holler Cafe today. Folks often will make long trips from the northern part of the state down to here in a tiny place right near Mammoth Cave. Temperature checks and masks were mandatory for those wanting to directly meet with WB and the other DA candidates.

Specifically, WB talked (when he wasn't stuffing his face full of damn good food) about the DA's commitment to small businesses like Blue Holler and about how the story of Blue Holler is a great example of immigrants bringing life to areas, even those as sparse as this.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2020, 01:09:41 AM »

MULTIPLE CAMPAIGN EVENTS!
Piscataway NJ

Community Center, Piscataway, NJ
Zeete / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Piscataway Community Center.

WB came to Piscataway NJ on the 8th where he participated in several campaign events.

8 am-8:30 am
Speech outside of Edison Train Station in Edison, NJ. Attendance limited to media personnel only (see Area)
Quote from: Excerpt from speech
Good Morning Edison!

The sad fact is that many places, even here in New Jersey, still do not have good public transport. The DA, and especially Councilor Ninja, have been at the forefront of this issue for some time. The DA is the most well-versed party in this field, and I believe there should be no question as to the fact that we will handle it the best if you vote for us.

9 am-10:30 am
Meet the Candidates @ Sam I Am Bagels, Piscataway NJ

WB met with locals stopping in to the bagel shop along with some local DA candidates. WB quoted as saying "When I moved to this town for a year, this was the first place I had breakfast at. When I took a bite of that everything bagel, I knew it would be so much better than I expected."

11 am-11:30 am
Small Rally @ Quibbletown Park

Quote from: Excerpt from speech
We're here today because we do believe in pragmatic progressive government. The DA is not beholden to anyone other than our constituents. We encompass the majority of the reasonable political spectrum. We do not have folks trying to get rid of hate speech ban laws, nor do we have those who throw insults everywhere they go, even when faced with blanket attacks for supporting us.

We are the reasonable party, we are the true party of the people.

12 pm-4 pm
Livestreamed hike in Rutgers University Ecological Preserve

WB and an aide took a long hike through the preserve, broadcast live with donations going to the maintenance of the preserve.

6-7 pm
Meet the Candidates @ Crown Fish and Chicken

WB met with locals with the same local candidates who were next door at Sam I Am this morning.

Quote from: WB as recorded by phone
I've never seen anything quite like this town. A diverse suburban community, and clearly made stronger for it. I mean, back in my old hometown in South Carolina, we didn't have that many small restaurants like this.

I know I always link everything back to this *laughs* but I think a big part of it is the great transport you all have here with a train station within walking distance.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2020, 10:30:33 PM »

RALLY
(Outside of) Loving County Courthouse, Mentone TX

Mentone Courthouse
Lothar the Terrible / Public domain

Loving County Courthouse. As the population of Loving County is so small, no cap on attendance size was needed.

Good morning Mentone!

I'm here because small rural communities like yours are overlooked. Our campaign van nearly had the wheel ripped off the axle by the potholes around here. Big-party politicians are not giving you all the attention you deserve. The DA's solution is to give more money to local communities so that the money can go to where it needs to. Local government knows where there's a need, and where there isn't. We can't have a big blanket strategy for every issue. Each community is different. Mentone is different from Lubbock, Lubbock is different from Galveston, and Galveston is different from Dallas. We all know that. But somehow the DA is the main party that seems to know that.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2020, 09:02:54 PM »

SPEECH
Wiggins Waterfront Park, Camden NJ

Camden waterfront skyline
Lucius Kwok / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)

Camden skyline as seen from Philadelphia. Attendance was limited to 100 and social distancing guidelines and masks were enforced

Good afternoon Camden!

I just got word that the DA has just UNANIMOUSLY elected Ninja to be our chair, and myself as Vice Chair!

I want to know what Labor says now, because I can tell you this: we are not some closet right-wing party. We are sane, rational center-leftists fighting for you, and willing to work with everyone.

But we can not dwell on our celebration for too long. We still have issues facing our nation. We still see far too much political dominance by a handful of individuals. Without new blood in power, we will not see true change. Let's vote DA to make sure that change can be made!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2020, 08:05:07 PM »

SPEECH
Hebert Park, Beaumont TX

Due to the size of the park, attendance was limited to media personnel only.

Good morning Beaumont!

You know, right here, in this part of Beaumont, is a symbol of failure by the status quo. Look at these roads. Littered with cracks and potholes, causing headaches, car damage, and a whole ton of other issues working people face from our current system not caring about them.

Look at this park. Could you tell me that this wasn't just some empty lot?

And the rails you can see through the trees are in disrepair too.

This is what happens when you have a status quo that doesn't care for people.
This is what happens when politicians sit and twiddle their thumbs, saying that we can't help local communities.
Well, the DA is different.
Let's vote for change. Let's vote for a better future for our communities! Let's vote for the DA!

Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2020, 09:47:05 PM »

Speech in Newark, NJ
Speech Took Place at Prudential Concert Grove
Attendance Limited to 500
Masks Required
Streamed Online

Hello everyone! Its good to be finally campaigning in my homes state! I really aprpreciate all the support I've gotten from this state, but soon its time to support our movement at the voting booth. You know the Labor party has derided our movement constantly as a fake movement created by grifters who just talk pretty. And I've been hearing a lot of talk from them about how we need to stick with their supposedly "proven leadership" and how terrible it would be to have anyone else in charge for once. Well as a Lincolnite, I'm not buying it! Look at how dysfunctional the regional government lead by them has been. Their Governor: absent. Their Chancellor: absent. Their Speaker: Well he isn't always absent, but that's a pretty low bar, and as the seemingly de facto leader he tried to raise the alcohol age of all things. And their other councilor, who replaced one of their councilors who was kicked out for being absent, is absent too! Is this really Labor's golden success they've been talking about? Because it seems to me like they're doing nothing, and almost all the legislation that did pass this session was sponsored by me! When they manufactured an unnecessary political crisis that didn't even need to exist, I reached out and offered to solve the problem in a multipartisan manner. And despite saying that they would do it at first, when it came to a vote they turned around and backstabbed me! They claimed that it was in the best interest of the people to secure the Labor majority, but its gotten us people nothing!

When Labor points to their shiny programs and legislation, their pointing to things they did at the federal level. But the truth is, they neglect the lower government, with the perfect example of it being right across the Hudson in the Lincoln Council. If they can't put any amount of care into our regional government, what makes you think they'll care about New Jersey? I don't think they care. And if they ask us why people should vote DA, and what difference it will make for you, I'd say the difference is that we do care about local government! And we care about you! We believe that local issues matter, and that local government has to be there to address them. The potholes on your local street won't be patched from the federal level. Your local green spaces won't be maintained from the federal level. Public transport in your community won't be expanded from the federal level. Even for issues such as education, a lot of it comes not from the top but from the bottom of our government! When you look at your community's issues and wonder why they haven't been improved, remember those machine politicians in charge who don't pay attention to your local needs. Then, remember how you can change that: by voting for Democratic Alliance, the party made by people like you and ready to take action on behalf of people like you. Together, we can turn our communities around!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2020, 10:46:20 PM »

RALLY
Seley Park, Waco TX

WB stood in the small pavilion, with supporters surrounding the area throughout the park. Attendance was limited to 600 people (see Area)

Good afternoon Waco!

I gotta say it's good to be here today, because Atlasia once again is facing crisis. This seems to always come back up, but the issue of activity is important more now than ever. With COVID hitting the whole nation hard, we need active government. Sadly, it seems like that's not happening.

In the South, we've gotten 25 bills on the floor. Meanwhile, the other regions have barely gotten into double-digits. That's not good for Atlasia.

Now, I just want to say: The South also happens to be the region where Labor isn't completely dominant. I'm not saying that it's 100% the case, but I do have to say, there's a strong correlation!

Let's make sure Atlasia can actually face the issues to come! Vote DA on the 30th!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2020, 09:29:18 PM »

AD
To air nationwide

[Scene opens on a train. People turn to the camera one by one when they speak]

Person 1: I'm from Poplar Bluff, Missouri.

Person 2: I'm from McGregor, Texas.

Person 3: I'm from Del Rio, Texas.

Person 1: I'm moving to the Palm Springs, California area for work.

Person 2: I'm headed to see family is Tucson.

Person 3: I'm going on vacation near LA.

Person 2: I'm not able to afford a flight to Arizona after I lost my job.

Person 1: I can't even get a flight because I had to give up my car, and the airport's well out of walking distance.

Person 3: This was more convenient than flying.

Person 2: It's clear that rail lines help people.

Person 1: So why is it that Labor keeps fighting against it?

Person 3: It's why I'm supporting the Democratic Alliance. They want to expand Atlasia's rail systems to small towns like mine.

Person 2: and mine.

Person 1: and mine.

Other people on train: and ours.

[Camera pans to the passing countryside and a Democratic Alliance logo fades in]
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2020, 03:53:38 PM »

MISSOURI TOUR PART 1

To promote DA's stance on rail expansion, WB embarked on a tour of Missouri by riding on the Missouri River Runner.
AMTKtain313KWD
Bhockey10, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Rally @ Washington Square Park in Kansas City MO
Hello Kansas City!

I'm here because today I'm starting a short tour of the great state of Missouri. I've talked out the need for expanded rail transportation services the past few days, and I need to not just talk the talk, but walk the walk. That's why I'm headed out on the Missouri River Runner line to spread the DA's message.

Speech @ Independence Station in Independence MO
Good morning Independence!

I've been hearing some real crazy things from some people about the Democratic Alliance's commitment to expanding rail transport. They say it's a waste of money. I sure as hell don't think so, and I'd bet that the nearly 200 thousand folks who use the Missouri River Runner every year don't think so either.

Don't listen to their lies, vote DA!

Speech @ Lee's Summit Station in Lee's Summit MO
Hello Lee's Summit!

I don't think it's that hard to see that you all benefit from this station. I mean, the connection is pretty clear when you all have got your Chamber of Commerce, Tourism Center, and Economic Development Board in the building right across the tracks. Nearly 30,000 people yearly use this station. That's close to a third of the population of Lee's Summit.

It's clear: even one route going to one station in one town can bring big benefits. That's why DA is committed to expanding rail transport.

Speech @ Warrensburg Station in Warrensburg MO

Good afternoon Warrensburg!

You know, on the way here I saw us pass through a couple of towns without passenger stations. Holden, Centerview, Kingsville, and a couple others.

And I noticed a trend. Each of them was several times smaller than Warrensburg. That's because a train station brings serious benefits to even small towns like Warrensburg. Because of the station here you all have connections to the biggest cities in this state, and you all have grown from it. That's why the DA is fighting for expanded rail. We know it helps people.

Speech @ Sedalia Station in Sedalia MO

Good afternoon Sedalia!

I wanna say that it's odd that Labor keeps attacking the idea of expanded rail. They say it's "pork barrel spending". Now let me ask y'all: do you agree with that idea?

I thought not! It's not some pet project, it's a lifeline for communities like yours. It's extremely useful for working-class folks in small towns. I don't see how the hell Labor can call themselves the party of the worker if they seem to think that workers don't live outside of big cities.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2020, 09:32:26 PM »

MISSOURI TOUR PART 2

Hermann Station - November 2016
Mitchazenia, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Speech @ Jefferson City station in Jefferson City, MO

Good morning Jefferson City!
Labor's been putting out some dishonest ideas about DA today. Honestly, who the hell thinks we only are about one issue? Of course we support repairing infrastructure. Honestly, I'm amazed that Labor is using this argument to begin with, because THEY'VE BEEN IN POWER FOR MONTHS NOW. Things are still bad. Do you think they'll fix it now? No! Don't stick with more of the same. Vote DA.

Speech @ Hermann station in Hermann, MO

Guten tag Hermann!

This little town has been a vibrant center of culture for years. Oktoberfest is in full swing right now, and you all are the center of one of the first nationally recognized Viticultural Areas. The Democratic Alliance will push to help out small wine growers in this state, and make sure that inefficient overarching megacorporations don't kill competition in Missouri and Atlasia as a whole.

Speech @ Washington station in Washington, MO

Hello Washington!

It seems obvious now that Labor has won federally. But we should not sit back and watch as one party continues to take control of everything! We need to ensure some balance for our states and country! We need to make sure that everyone's voices are heard! The only party willing to do all that, my friends, is the Democratic Alliance. Don't drown in sorrow, vote tomorrow for a brighter future!

Speech @ Kirkwood station in Kirkwood, MO

Good afternoon Kirkwood!

I gotta say this is a wonderful town just from what I'm seeing here. Plenty of green space, good pedestrian walkways... I think you all are a symbol of what suburbia should be. That's why the Democratic Alliance wants to keep giving towns the resources to build and keep up pedestrian-friendly areas, green space, and local transit systems. You all know where to put the money because you're near the sources of the problems in your town. Federal, State, heck even county governments  likely can't fix local issues as well. However what they can do is entrust you with the money to fix those issues. That's our message, and that's why your support for us is so badly needed.

Speech @ Gateway Transportation Center in St. Louis MO

Hello St. Louis!

I'm glad to be here on the other end of the state after a great ride on the Missouri River Runner! And I met with a bunch of great folks too. It sure was better than spending 4 times as much on an airplane ticket and going through TSA! *laughs* The only bad thing is that I got a stiff back, though that'd happen in Economy class anyway! *laughs*

But this trip has made me more steadfast in my position: we need expanded rail. We need to make sure that it goes to big cities, there's no question about that. That's something I can agree with the Honorable MFP. I think that was a mistake on some people's parts. Everyone makes mistakes.

But unlike Labor, the Democratic Alliance knows that our small towns are important too. We need to ensure that our small towns help our cities and our cities help our small towns. We can not rely on just one, or just the other. Labor doesn't seem to know that, and maybe that's why so many have it bad.

Don't vote for more of this. Vote for Democratic Alliance for real change and a government that cares about EVERYONE! Thank you Missouri! It's been great to see your state!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies