Ninja/LT October 2020 - Yes We Can
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:10:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ninja/LT October 2020 - Yes We Can
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ninja/LT October 2020 - Yes We Can  (Read 1763 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 09, 2020, 05:32:09 PM »
« edited: October 22, 2020, 06:02:24 PM by MC Ninja0428 »

Ninja0428 for President
Yes We Can
Image Link

Good evening my fellow Atlasians! Today I'm happy to be announcing my candidacy for the presidency in the upcoming October elections. The past month in Atlasia has been tumultuous, with parties coming and going, scandals and controversy constantly in the news, constitutional crises, and of course a global pandemic the likes of which the world has not seen in a century. We're seeing people losing their jobs, their lives, and their spirits. I've had great friends that I've made during my career who have made countless positive contributions to our nation thinking about calling it quits and leaving their service behind because of how stressful our times have been. We've seen a movement be created in the Green Party seemingly with great early success be torn down in an instant by revelations of scheming a backstabbing which shocked many in and out of their party, and then saw their party's instability result in a shift in congressional composition. I understand fully why these may seem like bleak or dark times, as I too have felt the effects. But we are Atlasians, and Atlasians are strong. I am running for president because I believe that we can move on to a future brighter than the days before this crisis started. We can maintain our democratic values and reform our democracy to maintain an increasingly perfect union. We can have responsible leadership in government who will guide us through this crisis not as party leaders but as Atlasian leaders. We can create a government where the needs of the people are our first priority. Whether it be combating climate change through green energy and infrastructure, or supporting or needy citizens not only by providing the minimum of their needs, but seeing that they are able to reach their fullest potential, or seeing that our children reach their fullest potential and feel free to pursue the paths which maximize their potentials as citizens, free of stigma and crippling debt, or any number of other issues which I do not have the time to address now, we can address our 21st issues with innovative 21st century solutions. Yes we can do these things, and together with your support, we WILL do these things! Together we will establish a new government which operates solely for those who elected it, and for no other organization or force.

I consider it not my opportunity, but my privilege to lead this movement of Atlasian citizens. I've been around Atlasia for some time now and done many things, including a previous campaign for the presidency which was admittedly not very good. But its been a long time since then, and I've grown and learned serving in offices throughout the government through triumphs and failures. In my over two years since I was first elected to office and I have learned what it means to be an Atlasian leader. I've served in our regional governments, in both houses of congress, and in multiple executive administrations, which has granted me a great deal of knowledge regarding our nation's inner workings. I know how things go down and I know what will have to go down to fulfill our goals of establishing a better Atlasia. And I know that I will be one of many smart and caring public servants. Together we will make it all possible. We can create a better Atlasia, so let's do it!

Links:

Endorsements:
Southern Delegate Weatherboy
Politics Fan
Representative Beeman/Tamika Jackson
Comptroller General Blairite
Lincoln Senator Jimmy

Ishan
Southern Speaker Tmth
Fmr. Governor West Midlander
Representative Jessica

Fmr. MP AustralianSwingVoter
Fmr. Representative Politicalmasta

Representative Spark
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 06:16:25 PM »

Endorsed, though with the way things are going I will be happy no matter the outcome. I just hope you win more. Tongue
Politics Fan

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 06:17:03 PM »

Endorsed!
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 04:36:51 AM »

Endorsed!
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 09:36:27 PM »

Endorsed!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 10:42:26 PM »

Endorsed!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 12:16:45 PM »

Please note that campaign posts made in this thread will serve as presidential and NPC campaigning.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 12:22:42 PM »

Endorsed!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 01:02:17 PM »

Ninja Speaks at Charlotte Amalie, VI
Speech Took Place at Emilie Griffith Park
Masks Required
Attendance Limited to 300
Streamed Online

Its a wonderful day to be back in the beautiful Virgin Islands! For a while I lived on these islands, and it brings back a lot of good memories. It isn't all good though, as I also see a Virgin Islands which is still forgotten and disrespected by so many of the politicians out there. I see a Virgin Islands where unemployment and poverty are still far above the rest of Atlasia, and where the great sense of Atlasian opportunity still evades many. Its about time for VI to demand better! We can demand better and we can say to those politicians who won't give attention to your needs that we aren't going to allow it anymore. Its about time that on all levels of the government, we pay attention to the livelihoods of all of our states, no matter how small or far flung they may seem. Atlasians are Atlasians! There must not be a geographic hierarchy of our citizens.

As your president, I will always be working to give support to our states in need and ensure that there is equity in opportunity across Atlasia. Just like any person, the Virgin Islands must be given a platform to succeed. We will pass a needs based infrastructure assistance program and ensure that every state can build the infrastructure to anchor a strong economy, even if they don't have the fiscal means to do so themselves. On the island of St. Thomas, many people's homes aren't even connected to running water! How can we let that happen in Atlasia? How can we allow politicians to sit back as people here can't access basic Atlasian services? We can't leave VI on its own like this. We can't allow it to spiral into decay, where the poor economy leaves the government with little funds, which leads to worsened infrastructure, which leads to a worse economy. I will not turn a blind eye to you as president. I will make an investment into these islands, one which will pay dividends in your opportunity and prosperity.

This morning I spoke with DA leaders in this state. In my conversations with them, I have found that they are committed, not to their wallets, nor to their longevity in holding power, but to the people of the Virgin Islands, as they are people of VI like you. They are ready lead VI into new era of prosperity through investment and innovation. Electricity, like water, has been a problem that I'm sure many of you are familiar with. The power grid here is not reliable enough to build a strong economy. The islands have been struggling ever since the gas plant which powered much of the island closed. The solar energy system has not been reliable. The state DA will work to bring in firms to establish to power generation, including companies interested in building oceanic thermal energy plants, something that there's plenty of here. This will create a stronger grid and more good jobs. We will build a platform here to attract businesses, who will be given tax credits for being good members of the community. Businesses will be encouraged to help people secure housing, get an education, or contribute to creating a stronger community. We have a plan, and together we can create a bright future for the Virgin Islands. Vote DA in your local elections this month, and vote Ninja for president in October!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 05:44:09 PM »

Endorsed!
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 10:52:50 PM »

Endorsed! Very excited about your candidacy.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 11:06:39 PM »

Speech in Boston, MA
Speech Took Place at the Boston Common
Attendance Limited to 500
Masks Required
Streamed Online

Good evening Boston! I may still be in Lincoln, but this is a long way from the Virgin Islands! IT isn't so warm and sunny here, but living in New Jersey makes me pretty used to it. That really goes to show how different places in Atlasia can be in the same region, and why its so important to have responsible and cooperative leadership on the federal, regional, and local levels. Allowing local units to make their own decisions is a great part of our federal system, as not everywhere faces the same issues and needs. But we can't let the levels of government become too distant either, there has to be coordination as a basic requirement for keeping a federal nation together. As I've been serving in Lincoln's regional government lately I can say that the level of communication I've had with the federal government has been disappointing considering the national crisis that we are facing. Now I can't speak for what amount of dialogue the governor or the chancellor may have, but as a legislator I believe that I still ought to be kept up to date on things. How are we supposed to coordinate a national response when I've been out of the loop on what the federal government wants to do, only to find these things out in a public press conference after their policies have been implemented? I'm not sure if anyone can answer that question, but I can say that it won't happen like that in a Ninja0428 presidency! My staff and myself are going to stay in constant contact with regional and local officials throughout this crisis. We will make it very clear what the masking and distancing guidelines are, what areas should be opening or staying closed, where schools will be permitted to open, and more. We need a coordinated response lead by responsible leaders without guess work, and that is exactly what I will be committed to and what DA will be committed to.

I am of course here campaigning for more than just the presidency, but for DA candidates throughout our government. We do need a president who can lead our response, but the presidency alone is not enough to make this work. We need responsible leaders in all positions, and DA is committed to that! We have been supporting measures to contain this virus since the day we were founded. We have been introducing and supporting legislation all around to mitigate its effects. We have been taking precautionary measures at our events this whole time while those in charge don't seem to care! Democratic Alliance is a party of citizens like you, who know and understand your struggles. Our candidates haven't been sitting pretty with comfortable government salaries for 10, 20 years regardless of the quality of their work. We're full of ordinary people who know what the struggles are like and know what needs to be done! I hope that you all join us as citizens, this month and next month, to create a better government that acts for you, quickly and responsibly.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 04:18:22 PM »

Speech in Utica, NY
Speech took place in FT Proctor Park
Attendance Limited to 300
Masks Required
Streamed Online

Hello to the people of Utica! This is very much a traditionally blue collar place, and in my travels the past few months I've been to a lot of places like that. Places like this are full of hard working people who make honest livings for themselves with their hands and I have to respect that. Honest workers like you are vital to our nation, and yet it seems like so many people in our nation just make your lives harder. A lot of cities have been left to die. There isn't enough support from the government for business to be successful, and then they just up and leave or go bankrupt leaving communities to struggle in their wake. Infrastructure doesn't get renewed, and businesses don't want to stay because they can't access anywhere else. Apprenticeships and technical education get shoved to the wayside, and businesses close shop because we end up with a shortage of the skilled workers who built these cities. The government may not run the economy directly, we know that that never works out well, but it does have a responsibility to maintain the pillars of our society that let the economy function which they have not kept. Why should Utica suffer because negligent decision makers in Nyman, in New York City, and even in Albany, which is a world away despite being just down the road? Well I'm not about to let that continue!

Democratic Alliance is on the side of our blue collars, and we have plans to revitalize cities like Utica. On the local side of things, we will implement policies to make Utica an attractive place to live and work. We will place an emphasis not on Wall Street, nor on Pennsylvania Avenue, but on building up Main Streets in Atlasia. Keeping our small businesses strong is key to supporting local economies. We will physical improve our Main Streets through connectivity and walkability that will attract customers to storefronts. We will continue to support policies which make it easy to start and run local businesses. Our party has sponsored legislation in Lincoln and the South to offer financial aid to new entrepreneurs which provides the security that many would be entrepreneurs lack and will invest in our local economies. We will work with businesses and incentivize those who contribute to the well being of communities such as Utica. When we talk about local government, we truly mean it as a government for the locals. DA is committed to supporting local economies, not ourselves.

As your president, I will continue to support and implement policies which create a functional economy not only for business but for workers. I will support the rights of workers, and I will not allow anyone to take away your living wage, health benefits, or the right to unionize. I will ensure that workers are not penalized unfairly for the financial struggles brought on by the coronavirus pandemic and that workplace health and safety standards are enforced. I will negotiate more trade deals with like minded nations which will make Atlasia an easy and attractive place to do business with the democratic world, and I will work to prevent nations such as China from economically abusing us by enforcing trade law and promoting the use of Atlasian goods by the federal government. And I will invest in the infrastructure, education, and innovation needed for the future success of the Atlasian economy. We will ensure that adequate funding is provided to the infrastructure which holds our nation together as we can not afford its collapse. I will support the green industries that will lead us into the future. And I will ensure that our children are able to obtain an education, whether it be academic, artistic, or vocational, and that they are prepared to enter our economy and live good lives. Democratic Alliance has a plan for the economy and for workers, and we are not afraid to implement it. We are a party of people like you who understand your struggles and are ready to tackle them. It is time for a change, and together we can create a government which acts for you. Vote DA in New York this month, and vote Ninja for president in October!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 04:06:52 PM »

Speech in Springfield, MA
Speech Took Place at Van Horn Park
Attendence Limited to 500
Masks Required
Streamed Online

Good afternoon Springfield! We've almost wrapped up quite the wild month of September. There was a lot of drama that happened with a party collapsing and that party's shell being used to undemocratically alter the composition of the house, and even one of our own member, the honorable Southern Speaker Tmth being slandered by elites in Nyman over a decision that the Southern government had all agreed with. Things have calmed down later in this month but all this political drama can still be draining and discouraging. However, through all of this nonsense, Democratic Alliance has stayed strong in our commitments to serving our citizens in government. We share a common belief that in our great democratic system we all have a duty to serve in the interests of those who elected us. Which is why as your president, and in the various other levels of government, we will never put political convenience above you. We will never put you in harm's way to score points, and we will never allow our government to fall prey to toxic tribalism as it often has. What we will do is run our government efficiently, work with our fellow officeholders even if we've been at odds in the past, and we will continue to keep our commitment to you as we always have. We said that we'd enforce covid safety, and I wrote a bill to do that first thing in the council. We've said that we'll improve public transportation, that we'll reform our policing, that we'll improve our green spaces and we've written bills for them. With DA, you know what to expect: people who are not just politicians, but leaders who will work day and night to improve our nation. We are citizens just like you, and that will never change when we take the oath!

Coming up very, very soon, are the elections right here in Springfield and Massachusetts, and I encourage you all to vote for the party that is committed to making Massachusetts the best state it can be. For the people who want to see their community blossom. For the people who will keep our teachers and students safe by using the fullest potential of our modern innovations instead of rushing back to an unsafe system. For the people who will make the fullest use of the newly available transit grants which we implemented, including by extending the MBTA rail to right here in Springfield. For the people with a plan to maintain the infrastructure which holds up our society. For the people who are ready to provide assistance to the struggling people, who have been treated so unfairly by extending a helping hand that is actually within reach. And most importantly, vote for the people, period! This is Democratic Alliance; not just an everyday political party, a collection of citizens who are ready to help their neighbors. You might even recognise some of the state congressional candidates with me today. It always makes me happy to see how passionate our party members are, which is why I'm very happy to introduce the next governor of Massachusetts...
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2020, 10:31:22 PM »

I am very happy to announce to everyone tonight that Senator LouisvilleThunder will be my running mate in this election! Now I must say that, if you had told me early in my career that I would be running on a presidential ticket with LT, I probably would have called you crazy. Other people who were around in our earlier career would probably have agreed. But in this time we have both grown and become more experienced as public servants, and it has been a pleasure for me to work with LT for this campaign. Old differences aside, this month we stand united in our support of good governance, in our support of our regional and local governments, in our support of the workers and small business owners who built and maintain this great nation, and most of all, in our dedication to our public service to the citizens of Atlasia above all else. We will serve you not as partisan demagogues, but as Atlasian citizens. Mr. LT has had a long and varied career, both in regional and federal government, in which he has contributed great policies for the people. He knows how things work in Nyman and on Main Street, and together we're going to build a better government in Nyman that works for you!

We will announce our platform tomorrow.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2020, 10:49:34 PM »

An excellent choice for VP!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2020, 10:56:23 PM »

Strongly endorsed!
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2020, 11:39:55 PM »

Strongly endorsed!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2020, 12:29:55 AM »

weak, WEAK, WEAK!
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2020, 12:30:17 AM »

no u
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2020, 01:14:07 AM »

Loserville Values LT!
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2020, 01:23:11 AM »

Lol
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2020, 01:29:50 AM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2020, 01:43:18 AM »

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2020, 05:37:38 AM »

I love how the Atlasian Left, who claims to be morally superior, does things like this.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies