Labor NPC Campaigns thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:07:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 25176 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« on: August 09, 2020, 11:50:01 PM »

Radio/Television Ad - airing in all urban Californian media markets

Narrator: California. The Golden State. For years, we've been blazing a progressive trail for all Atlasia to follow - people of all colors and walks of life joining together to fight for equal rights and opportunities. From the halls of UC Berkeley to the streets of Watts, Californians have never hesitated to stand up for each other and unite for change, even as nefarious forces sought to divide and oppress us. And our Labor representatives hear us - whether it be in Sacramento, Denver, or Nyman, they've been constantly fighting alongside us to finally fulfill the hallowed words of our founders - all men are created equal. Keep faith in the fight, and we hope that you'll join us in voting Labor this August.

Sea-to-Sky PAC is responsible for the content of this ad

Note to Lumine: Sea-to-Sky PAC is a West Coast-based independent group affiliated with the Labor Party
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 11:43:50 AM »

rally held with social distancing, livestreamed on AK Labor website

Hello, folks! I'm glad to be here in the beautiful city of Anchorage today.

Both in Alaska and across Atlasia, the Labor Party has always been an advocate for the little man. We've constantly supported initiatives to help working-class Alaskans by fighting against big business to ensure their rights. As the existential threat that is climate change has marched on, we've championed a strong response that leaves no Alaskan behind. And perhaps most importantly in this tumultuous time, President Pericles and Labor have led a forceful and effective response to the coronavirus - working both to halt the spread and to keep small businesses afloat.

This is why I'm here today - to ask you to help Alaska Labor secure a majority in the August elections. From Juneau to Denver to Nyman, Labor representatives have constantly shown a fierce desire to fight against corruption and big money to ensure that the rights of all are protected. I hope y'all can help us win this fight. And now, I'd like to introduce the next Governor of Alaska...
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 09:54:08 PM »

Radio/Television Ad - airing in Anchorage and Fairbanks Media Markets, high intensity in conservative Wasilla area

Narrator: The Green Party. Literal Marxists. Bad for Alaska. Led by erratic carpetbaggers like PSOL and Laki, they support radical Soviet-era policies that rob working Alaskans blind and kill the oil markets that are driving this state forward - they want to make Alaska Russian again. And, they're about to gain a whole lot of power - if Labor doesn't gain a majority, the Greens will enter government and use their clout to destroy the Alaskan values that we all hold dear. We patriots have a difficult choice to make, but with the Federalists giving up here, voting Labor is the only choice we have. Don't let communist, unproven clowns into government.

The Stevens Project is responsible for the content of this ad

Note to Lumine: The Stevens Project is a (purportedly) conservative PAC based in Alaska
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 10:13:14 PM »

Radio/Television Ad - running in major media markets in Alaska, South Dakota, and California

Narrator: Atlasia's facing an unprecedented challenge - COVID has forced us to face a wild, raging river that we all must cross together. Under President Pericles, we've made great progress fording this seemingly impassable barrier - by aggressively fighting COVID right from the get-go, Labor governments managed to slow the spread, while also keeping a keen eye on ensuring that Atlasian workers could stay afloat. So, why should we change horses in the middle of a stream? The DA is a shiny new party that's completely unproven, and we can't trust them to manage COVID as well as our Labor Party representatives have. Vote Labor this August - we need to stick with proven leadership that will see this crisis through to the end.

Sea-to-Sky PAC is responsible for the content of this ad

Note to Lumine: Sea-to-Sky PAC is a West Coast-based independent group affiliated with the Labor Party
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 06:24:43 PM »

This ad will be placed on billboards across all states voting in August. The ad will also be placed on online platforms such as Facebook.

background image from 21st Century Democrats website

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 07:50:20 PM »

rally held with social distancing, livestreamed on CA Labor website

Hello, my friends!

I'm here at the this beautiful future FrémontRail station here in Vacaville to talk about infrastructure. As our vibrant cities continue to expand outward, it's crucial that infrastructure keeps up with demand. And, in the face of potentially devastating climate change, it's also important that we consider the environmental impacts of how we collectively get from Point A to Point B. That's why I proposed a comprehensive infrastructure bill in Parliament that addresses both concerns. The bill provides generous funding to improve public transportation connections between communities - like this new railway station linking Vacaville to San Francisco, Los Angeles, and beyond - while also ensuring that these projects are eco-conscious. My friends in California Labor are committed to constantly improving infrastructure in the Golden State - from keeping roadways well-maintained to creating expansive, green public transportation options - and we hope voters like you will give us a mandate to continue fighting for it.

And now, let's give a warm, warm welcome to California's next governor, ...
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 09:15:04 PM »

MP Oregon Blue Dog spent the last days before the election campaigning across California at socially-distanced events and fundraisers, focusing on environmental, economic, and criminal justice issues. He closed the campaign cycle at Los Angeles's Elysian Park for a GOTV event streamed online

Hello, hello! I'd like to thank the people of California for their gracious hospitality. The largest state in the Union has unparalleled diversity, and I feel blessed to have seen it firsthand on this tour. From immigrant laborers in the Central Valley looking for a better shake to the small-business owner in Redding bankrupted by the economic crisis, I've heard so much valuable input from Californians, and this candid feedback on daily life for the little man motivates Labor representatives like me to continue fighting for government that cares for all.

Before I close tonight, I'd like to address recent events. Firstly, like everyone here, I am shocked and horrified at the events that transpired in Kenosha. The fact that a white teenager with an AR could murder two peaceful protesters as police looked on while those same police shot up a black father with no provocation is a stunning - and clear - indictment of our failed criminal justice system. The Jacob Blake shooting reminds us of the pressing need for comprehensive police reform, and Labor (through sponsoring several reform bills in Parliament and Congress) have provided the active leadership California - and the nation - deserve on this pressing issue. On a related note, I've heard attacks from prominent conservative politicians on so-called "Portland Values". As a native Portlander, I'd like to address these attacks - as our city's activist history shows, we haven't hesitated to fight for a more just society that respects its members no matter their race, gender, or sexual orientation. Those are the Portland values the Federalists inveigh against, and we trust that you'll reject this dishonest libel at the ballot box.

In this election, California has a clear choice. From Sacramento to Denver to Nyman, Labor has provided vigorous, progressive leadership and has served as a fervent advocate for the rights of all Atlasians. Labor leaders across the nation reacted with urgency and scientific backing to protect Atlasia from the coronavirus, while also ensuring that workers could continue receiving essential services despite the national lockdown. Labor leaders, on fronts from education to essential personal liberties to anti-poverty initiatives, have brought essential, real change through aggressive legislative packages. And if you elect them, Labor leaders will continue to fight for YOU in the face of tremendous adversity. Here in the Golden State, Labor is on the cusp of securing an outright majority - but we need your help to do it. In these tumultuous times - and I'll quote our esteemed President Pericles here - we need to stick with stable, proven leadership that we know will commit to a progressive agenda here in California. Lives and livelihoods depend on it.

To our friends online who are tuning in right now, thanks for coming! While the sun's already setting here in beautiful Elysian Park, there's still time to vote - to those of you tuning in from an in-person voting station, as long as you're in line by 8PM, you can vote! And to those of you tuning in from home, as long as your ballot's postmarked by today, it will be counted! If you have any last-minute inquiries about mail-in voting, just go to www.laborparty.com/mail-in/ca. That's www.laborparty.com/mail-in/ca.

And now, I'd like to hand the floor over to downtown Los Angeles's next Labor representative...!

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 07:42:53 PM »

MP OBD tours Cranley Farms in Oakley, Idaho, and holds a socially distanced, livestreamed rally afterwards

Thanks y'all for coming out today here in Oakley! I'm honored to be in a town that has sent many prominent politicians to the halls of Nyman, while also serving delicious potatoes to french fry connoisseurs the nation over!

One of the most heartwarming stories to come out of the COVID disaster happened here. In April, faced with a devastating halt in business, Cranley Farms here gave away their delectable tater surplus to Idahoans in need - with folks coming in from as far as Moscow to benefit from their generosity. But this model simply isn't sustainable for the good people who spend their livelihoods bringing Idaho potatoes to tables across the nation. The collapse of the food service industry hurts the most here, and if we can't turn things around, thousands of potato farmers across Idaho will lose their paychecks.

That's why the Labor Party - in Idaho and across Atlasia - is working hard to contain and eradicate coronavirus while also safely reviving the Atlasian economy. And they're doing it with specialized plans for each locality instead of impulsive, clumsy policy strokes that either endanger the lives or completely stifle the livelihoods of Atlasians. The East Coast Elitists in the DA and Greens don't see what's going on here and make corrupt backroom deals while working class Idahoans suffer - and we need to send them a clear message by empathetically rejecting their political chicanery. Let's send a strong, principled Labor majority to Boise, and let's finish the war on COVID strong!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 10:00:16 PM »

Excuse me, but most of our members are in Alaska and the Mountain Range and Plain States as seen in the map below

The elitist marker by geography goes in order to the Liberal Alliance, DA, Labor+, Feds, and then finally us according to the most up to date markers in the census.
...is PSOL of Alaska. Still, when you see him taking that Kielbasa down like a champ, you know he’s a Chicago boy. A naughty one too uuuh!
Not really, Chicago carpetbagger. Not to mention that Laki's also a (very recent) Lincoln expat. 
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 09:29:04 PM »

Burley, Idaho
campaign event livestreamed on Idaho Labor website, social distancing enforced

I'm glad to be here today in Burley, where I've gotten the opportunity to chat with locals, both in-person and over phone, about the issues that matter to Idahoans. I've been pleasantly surprised and impressed by the dedication people here have to values of hard work and progress, and I'm proud to say that Labor shares these values. Both in Denver and in Nyman, Labor representatives have been working to make rural life here in Idaho - and across Atlasia - better. Recently, President Pericles signed a bill - spearheaded by Labor Senator Ted Bessell - to help expand rural broadband access to towns like Burley, and Labor representatives in and out of Nyman led early efforts to help contain the spread of the coronavirus. Meanwhile in Denver, despite major government turnover, Labor-led government has continued to be an efficient example for the nation - under the Truman ministry, a record amount of legislation has been debated and passed. Our record is proven - if you vote Labor this election, we'll continue to work hard in service of you - the people - instead of making empty, platitude-filled promises left unfulfilled when the polls close. I'd like to thank the great town of Burley once more for hosting this event, and I hope y'all can get out and vote Labor tonight!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 09:45:03 PM »

Couer D'Alene, Idaho

selected remarks from meeting with former members of the Northern Idaho Green Party

As I've traveled Idaho, I've heard many questions from former Greens like you as to why Labor deserves your vote - and I believe the answer to this question, if you look at the records of the respective parties, is clear. Of the major parties, we have by far the most proven record of advocating for vigorous action against climate change and ecosystem destruction while also ensuring that no worker is left behind. In the 16th Parliament, I proposed a bill - the Green Futures bill - that both incentivizes clean-energy solutions and appropriates generous funding to combat the effects of climate change and cooperate with businesses and universities to develop cutting-edge green technology. As for worker's rights, I don't think my good friend First Minister Truman's sterling record of passing sweeping pro-labor legislation needs much introduction. Green values are also core planks in the Labor platform - and it's impossible to argue that the Federalists and the Democratic Alliance have done half as much for the environment than Labor. Ultimately, Labor is by far the party most likely to implement the reforms the Green Party advocated for - and more - and I hope you'll join us at the ballot box to make this vision reality.

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 09:54:00 PM »

Los Angeles, California

livestreamed remarks at socially distanced GOTV event

It's great to be back in the City of Angels tonight. I've just arrived from Denver, where First Minister Truman signed the Fremont Safer Policing Act. As we all know, the issue of police brutality has recently come into focus with the violent acts committed against individuals of color stunning and horrifying the nation. As elections approach, people like you have called for answers - and we at Labor are working to provide them. The Fremont Safer Policing Act, authored by my good friend Scott, is a revolutionary bill that takes aggressive steps to curb police violence while also creating a path to investment in alternate solutions, to ensure that communities of color are no longer subjected to repeated attacks from the broken legal system. And we've been fighting this fight for a while - a few months ago, we passed a sweeping criminal justice bill that directly combats racial discrimination in incarceration and criminal punishment. For leaders you can trust to be advocates for anti-racism interests, vote Labor for Mayor and in LA local elections - as our past record shows, we won't disappoint!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 10:02:21 PM »

Radio Ads: Airing in Idaho, Iowa, North Dakota, and Los Angeles

"There are some politicians out there who are all talk and no action. Rambling on about half-issues that don't affect Fremonters, they exist only to serve themselves. But Labor is different. We have a proven record of fighting for the little man, unlike these shiny new political parties run by corporate cash from Wall Street. So get out and vote for Labor, so we can keep fighting for you."
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 10:19:33 PM »

This ad will go on as many billboards as possible in the states of Idaho and Iowa.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2020, 10:25:38 PM »

Socially-Distanced Event, Livestreamed on TX Labor Website

Hello, Lubbock! It’s great to be here on this fine Texan day.

I’m here at the Maxey Community Center to talk about Labor’s infrastructure plan for Texas. As some of you may know, there’s been recent talk, pushed by a DA representative, of building a high-speed rail through Texas - but it’s one that is both expensive and completely bypasses places like Dallas, the Rio Grande Valley, and yes, Lubbock. With COVID crunching government budgets everywhere, building over 1000 miles of pricey rail that won’t even serve half of Texas’s population centers - hell, it doesn’t even connect to Dallas, the ninth largest city in America! - is a move that is extremely irresponsible, especially since half of that mileage is across sparsely-populated West Texan desert. Y’all can see this DA pork barrel plan for what it is, and so can we at Labor. That’s why we’ve made our own infrastructure plan for Texas - one that actually serves the entire state, not just the few wealthy suburbanites that can afford to foot the steep cost of HSR construction.

The core of our plan is better connecting Texas with new Interstate linkages while also maintaining focus on preserving the environment. Under Labor governance, funds will be provided to complete Interstates 14, 27, and 69. These corridors will, at long last, link the Rio Grande Valley to the Interstate Highway System, and will facilitate new trade routes, both international and within Texas. Interstate 27 is of particular importance here in Lubbock - by extending the terminus south to Laredo, West Texas residents will be more connected than ever before, and will be positioned on a newly lucrative north-south trade route that will one day link the plains and the ports. And it’s also worth mentioning that these initiatives will create hundreds of jobs for local companies - Labor is committed to investing in our rural communities, and our Texas infrastructure plan is one way we can do that.

We also support plans to help transition West Texas to renewable energy. In addition to investing in roads, Labor will subsidize renewable energy research and construction in Texas to ensure that y’all remain an energy powerhouse even after the oil wells run dry. In addition to being a crucial source of oil, Texas’s renewable energy potential is off the charts - wind, solar, and hydroelectric, among others, are just waiting to be tapped into here. By creating jobs in renewable energy and extending the grid across the state - not just to rich donors in cities - we’ll turn Texas green while ensuring that no one gets left in the dark.

Thank y’all for attending this rally, and remember - vote Labor for better infrastructure!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2020, 01:31:06 AM »

Socially Distanced Rally with Labor volunteers, streamed on TX Labor Website

Hello, Austin! Great to be here today.

Many of y'all have seen the recent polls, but for those of you who haven't - let me share the news. Here in Texas, once a bastion of Jim Crow conservatism, Labor only trails by 8 points. This number may seem a little discouraging, but it also indicates a historical oppurtunity. If we can work hard and build a progressive movement that already defines this great city, we can, at long last, bring a principled government by and for the people to the Lone Star State. If y'all vote in a Labor government, we will fight for local reforms that matter to you - college tuition reform, minority and LGBTQ+ rights, a holistic immigration system, better transportation for ALL - and so much more! As we've seen in Nyman, Labor government gets things done - so let's all do our part to bring it here to Texas. Change is in the air!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2020, 09:58:06 PM »

Socially Distanced Event, Livestreamed on Texas Labor Website

Greetings, Galveston!

I'm here on these picturesque beaches by the Gulf of Mexico to talk about climate change. Galveston, unfortunately, is a city familiar to the threat climate change - and the extreme weather it brings - poses. In 1900, a hurricane virtually undetected devastated this historic city, and more recently, Hurricane Harvey flooded huge swathes of southeast Texas and neighboring Louisiana. If we let this crisis continue unchecked, Galveston's position next to the Gulf of Mexico will become a liability, not an asset - sea level rise combined with a dramatic uptick in hurricanes and flooding pose an existential threat to this great city.

However, we can still win this fight. The Texan Labor Party, in conjunction with both regional and national Labor organizations, is backing a comprehensive climate plan to battle climate change, invest in renewable energy, and mitigate the effects of extreme weather that threatens beachside cities like Galveston. Texas Labor supports plans to subsidize and research forms of renewable energy, such as wind and wave, that will both reduce emissions and keep Texan cities alight. Investing in wind and wave here in Galveston will also provide hundreds of new clean-energy, well-paying jobs. While oil is an integral part of the Texan economy, the renewable energy potential this great state has is even larger, and Labor governance will allow that potential to be used to maximal effect. Additionally, if voters like you give Labor a mandate, we'll pass a comprehensive disaster prevention and response program - building and fixing levees in low-lying areas, crafting effective evacuation plans for vulnerable areas, and improving response systems to ensure minimal loss of life. As we can't prevent all freak weather events, containing the damage remains critical, and we can transition to green energy and maintain a vigorous hurricane response system at the same time.

Thank you for tuning in today, and now I'd like to introduce the next Labor representative for Galveston...

MP Oregon Blue Dog also made phone calls to voters in the Galveston area, discussing issues related to the climate, disaster response, and COVID-19 issues
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2020, 10:50:20 PM »

Lufkin, Texas

I've heard some insinuations that Labor doesn't care about small communities - and frankly, I resent that. Texas Labor's infrastructure and enviroment plans cater to all Texans - investing in renewable energy and rural infrastructure benefits communities big and small across this great state. It's dedication to small communities that motivates us to propose completing the I-69 corridor through small towns like Lufkin instead of building an expensive high-speed rail line that only stops once between Houston and the Louisiana border. I'm sure people along this corridor would much rather have a free-for-use Interstate Highway (that doubles as a new potential trade route between Mexico and Canada) than an expensive, inaccessible rail line that bypasses most of East Texas's population and cuts deeply into an already hurting budget. Vote Labor for real small-town interests, not smarmy, performative platitudes bankrolled by Wall Street.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 04:34:51 PM »

socially distanced event, streamed live online on TX Labor website

Hello, DeSoto! I just had some great homecooked takeout from this town's rich food scene - the resiliency of small business amid unprecedented adversity never ceases to amaze me. Of course, we in government need to do our part to protect the interests of small businesses both in Texas and across Atlasia - and by crafting a strong COVID-19 response based in science, Labor's done a pretty good job of that. More can be done, though, which is why electing a strong Labor majority here is important.

However, I'm not just here to talk about delicious fried chicken. Ever since the founding of this state, people of color have not gotten a fair shake - and y'all here in DeSoto and South Dallas have felt it. From the segregation of the Jim Crow era to housing discrimination to our badly broken criminal justice system that imprisons friends and neighbors unjustly, Texas has often not been kind to its most marginalized communities - and it's past time we fixed that. A Labor government in Austin will take swift action to combat institutionalized racism and fix the discriminatory codes still hidden in Texas's legal system - we'll purge the lawbooks of discriminatory housing policy, and direct funding to help retrain police officers to use less violent methods and reduce color bias. I, and many others, envision a Texas where Texans can find success and prosperity regardless of race, and with your help, we can take the first steps towards making that promise reality.

Thanks again for hosting me today, and now, I'd like to introduce the fine Labor candidate running to fight for South Dallas...
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2020, 12:07:00 AM »

socially-distanced event, streamed live on TX Labor Website

Howdy, Bay City! Great to be back on the beautiful Gulf Coast.

I'm here today to talk a little about infrastructure - specifically, energy. When a politician says 'infrastructure', the first thing peoples's minds jump to are roads - and a Labor government here in Texas WILL fix existing roads, in addition to adding new ones to build and facilitate new trade routes. In fact, Bay City is just a couple miles off the future Interstate 69 corridor, which will one day be a lucrative new link between Texas, Mexico and Canada. But, I'd like to direct focus to an infrastructure issue just as important as fixing our roads - adapting our energy grid to the 21st century. While Texas has long been known as America's most prominent oil-exporter, this valuable commodity will one day run dry. Labor is committed to ensuring that when that day comes, Texas's alternative energy industries will be able to shoulder the load and continue to power both the homes of every single Texan and Atlasia at large. Nuclear energy is a big part of that.

Just miles south of here is the South Texas Project, one of two nuclear power plants in the Lone Star State - which may not seem like much. But together, they power the homes of over 2 million Texans, and supply 60 percent of Texas's emission-free energy. Under a Labor government, safe and potent nuclear energy in Texas will be expanded to keep the lights on in even more homes. We'll invest in researching ways to make nuclear power more efficient, accessible, and safe, fund new construction, and upgrade the power grid to bring the benefits of nuclear to as many Texans as possible - not to mention the thousands of well-paying jobs nuclear growth will provide. Texas Labor will also be receptive to concerns about safety - we will strengthen and enforce safety regulations to protect both workers and the population at large, and we'll tailor plans to local communities to ensure that implementing nuclear has as little negative impact as possible. And, while nuclear energy is ultimately a stopgap to transition Texas off a rapidly decreasing fossil fuel supply, it's a potent form of energy that will keep the state alight and keep job security for those working in the energy industry. I hope y'all here in Bay City can agree with me on that point.

The climate crisis and the impeding resource crisis both threaten the wellbeing of the people of Texas, so it is imperative that Austin work quickly to ensure energy self-sufficiency, reduce pollution, and work to protect citizens in vulnerable coastal areas. So, vote Labor for a aggressive, responsive energy policy, and let's flip Texas red!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2020, 12:27:35 AM »

socially-distanced event, livestreamed on TX Labor website

I'm pleased to be here in Killeen today, due south of Fort Hood. In an era of increasing partisan division, it's ever-important to honor those who put their lives on the line for our country. While we may disagree from time to time about how American power should be deployed in the wider world, we all recognize the courage and honor that the good men and women of our armed forces exemplify every day.

I'll start off with a trivia tidbit - our nation's Interstate Highway System was named after President Dwight D. Eisenhower, and one of the motivating factors behind its creation was national defense. Eisenhower envisioned a cohesive network of roadways that would both link major metroples and strengthen our homeland defenses. And while the threat of invasion is far lower now than it was in 1956, there's still room for our Interstate Highway system to grow, and that's where Interstate 14 comes in. This new freeway will connect military installations like Fort Hood to ports along the Gulf Coast and will greatly ease ground transport between said bases - a big gain for our armed forces. It'll also be a massive economic boon to Central Texas (not to mention Louisiana and Mississippi) - cities like San Angelo and Bryan (as well as countless small towns) will recieve access to the Interstate Highway System for the first time, and will be positioned ideally on a third east-west trade route through Texas. And, many places along this corridor suffer from poverty that's been worsened by the COVID-19 pandemic, so constructing I-14 would be a surefire way to stimulate their economies.

If elected, a Labor government in Austin will make building these lucrative corridors a top priority. Both in Nyman and in the regions, Labor representatives have proved their mettle through activity and good legislation that helps Texans and Atlasians in need. We have a lot of work to do here in Texas, and you can trust a Labor government to get things done for the common Texan.

Thanks for having me, Killeen! Remember to VOTE!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2020, 11:00:17 AM »

remarks at virtual Tarrant County Labor event

Hey, Fort Worth! I'm here today to talk about gun rights, but first, I have an admission to make. Unlike the infrastructure, the criminal justice system, and the enviroment, Texas Labor doesn't have a unified plan on guns.

The Labor Party has long been a big tent ideologically, and on no issue is this more apparent than gun rights. For instance, my good friend Scott, who just visited El Paso, was one of the Assault Weapon Ban's most prominent opponents, and our presidential candidate MB has consistently been a pro-gun rights politician. And, our convention vote on adding a gun control plank to our party platform was divided nearly 50-50. One of the greatest things about Labor is its ideological diversity, so you can trust your local Labor representative to listen to YOU, the voters, on guns without a party line to tow to.

Thanks again for having me today, and remember to VOTE!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2020, 11:32:30 AM »

socially-distanced event, streamed live on TX Labor website

Hello, Sweetwater!

Here in West Texas, wind energy is a rapidly growing industry providing a much-needed boost to local economies. Just south of here lies the Roscoe Wind Farm. Local cotton farmer Cliff Etheredge and other local land owners spearheaded this project, and built it up from nothing just ten years ago - and now, it's the largest wind farm in Texas and one of the largest in the world. Texas produces the most wind energy in the United States thanks to enterprising Texans like Mr. Etheredge, and a Labor government will be committed to expanding wind energy as an investment in creating a sustainable energy source for both rural and urban communities.

As many of y'all know, modern society depends on oil, but this valuable resource is quickly running dry. Texas Labor is committed to ensuring that when that day comes, all of Texas will have a renewable energy grid in place to keep your house's lights on, and wind energy is a key element in ensuring that this becomes reality. West Texas is already producing so much wind energy that on good days, electricity is free - so if we keep working to expand both wind power and the energy infrastructure required to distribute its bounty to as many Texans as possible, cities as far-flung as Fort Stockton, Amarillo, Kerrville, and Dallas-Fort Worth will gain access to this potent, clean energy source. The potential for economic growth here is huge, so we need a government that will act favorably to turn West Texas into the greatest energy hub this nation has ever seen!

Thanks for having me today, and remember to vote Labor for strong energy infrastructure!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2020, 12:57:13 PM »

Radio Ads

airing high-intensity in DFW, Houston, Austin, El Paso, and San Antonio MSAs. Rio Grande Valley
Quote from: Flip Texas Red PAC
The climate is changing. COVID-19 has devastated both the economy and countless working families and businesses. Now is the time for positive government action, not for the relitigation of old culture war issues. Vote Labor for progress and for working families.

Across Texas and the nation, communities of color call out for action. Unjust institutions have imprisoned friends and family on minor charges. Archaic housing codes have left thousands trapped in poverty. Labor will fight to reverse these injustices and create a more equal Texas. Vote Labor so EVERY Texan can experience life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Texas is a community built by and for immigrants, who provide our state with compelling stories, expertise in their fields, and an unparalleled work ethic. It's past time that we made attaining citizenship easier so hardworking immigrants can achieve the recognition they desire - no, deserve. Vote Labor for a smoother path to citizenship.

airing high-intensity in same areas of above plus Gulf Coast media markets
Record levels of flooding. Storms more potent and destructive then anything Texas has ever seen. We need action to fight climate change and mitigate its impacts. Texas Labor has a plan to protect vulnerable Texans from the new climate and transition the state to clean energy. Vote Labor for a cleaner environment.

airing high-intensity in all Texas media markets
New international trade routes. Better local connections. Clean energy for all. These are the guiding principles of Texas Labor's infrastructure plan. If you vote in a Labor government, we will fix existing roads, build new Interstate Highway connections, and invest in a strong clean energy grid for rural, suburban and urban communities. Vote Labor for action on infrastructure.

Texas has a crucial choice in this election - more of the same conservative policies that have kicked marginalized communities to the curb, or a strong, progressive agenda that will lead Texas into a future where all Texans are equally cherished and supported by their government. People like you will decide which choice this state makes, so get out and Vote Labor! Voting is easier than ever before, so go to www.txlabor.com/vote to make your voting plan! That's www.txlabor.com/vote!

Note to Lumine: Flip Texas Red PAC is a Texas-based PAC aiming to elect a Labor governor and a Labor majority to the state legislature.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2020, 11:20:52 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2020, 11:31:19 PM by Oregon Blue Dog »

socially-distanced event, masks mandatory, livestreamed on TX Labor Website

Hello, San Antonio! I'm glad to be here today.

Recently, there's been a lot of mud flying around the campaign trail here in Texas, and I'd like to take the time to clean up matters. Personally, I find it almost funny - we've been running a people-powered issue-based campaign here in the Lone Star State, yet our rivals are pointing to policies Labor's never backed and statements taken far out of context in a transparent attempt to smear us. Not cool!

I talked on this in Fort Worth the other day, and I'm happy to reiterate it today - the Labor Party as a whole does not take a stance on guns. The absence on guns in our platform is solely because our party is not unified on the issue - and frankly, it's insulting to hear accusations of political chicanery on this issue from a Governor who betrayed the will of the voters in the middle of his term by flipping parties - the ultimate in sacrificing principles for political gain. MB, Scott, and the other Laborites who fervently opposed the Assault Weapons Ban have long held pro-gun views, and is disrespectful to imply that these long-held beliefs are mere props. In my travels across this great state, I've met Labor candidates that are all over the board on this issue - you can trust your Labor representative to listen to you on the gun issue, instead of selling out for petty politics. You can be pro-gun rights and Labor or pro-gun control and Labor, but apparently you have to be pro-gun rights to be Federalist. Just so y'all know.

I also wasn't pleased to see a quote from my good friend MB get taken out of context. Throughout the COVID crisis, President Pericles and Labor have provided strong, stable, and active leadership to combat the virus. Regional governments in Fremont and Lincoln under Labor control quickly acted to protect public health while the South, under Federalist governance, dragged its feet. It's clear to anyone paying attention that the chaos in 2020 comes from a combination of catastrophic events as well as multiple splinter parties with questionable ideological conviction vying for attention, NOT due to a lapse in Labor leadership. We in Labor have been active in fighting to keep the chaos brought upon by COVID at bay, and we will CONTINUE to do so if you re-elect us.

And the climate. Oh boy! According to our nation's good scientists, we may have as little as seven years before climate change and global warming spiral out of our control, and these drastic changes will bring resource shortages, devastating heat waves, sea level rise threatening our great coastal cities, historically potent storms, and far more. Climate change is an existential threat to not just Atlasia, but all of humanity, and we need to act quickly and vigorously by working together with individuals, private enterprise, and our international partners to face it down. Labor and the Atlasian Left have long been the most committed to finding solutions to this crisis - and we have detailed ideas as to how to do it. Renewable energy - such as solar, wind, hydroelectric, and yes, nuclear, will be instrumental in this effort, and you can trust a Labor government to invest in renewable energy research and construction that is also mindful of the surrounding environment and local interests.

Before I close today, a few last remarks. Don't believe the lies. Don't listen to the platitudes. Here in Texas, Labor is the party that fights for the little man and sticks to its principles, and we have the plans to back our fighting words up and make life better for all Texans, not just the few at the top. If you believe in a safer, more prosperous, and more equal Texas, vote Labor in the upcoming elections! As I've said before, this state is at a turning point, and your voice will be critical in guiding this state onto the right path.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies