The Chronicle of the Death of the Green Party of Atlasia (I can still change the thread title!!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:13:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Chronicle of the Death of the Green Party of Atlasia (I can still change the thread title!!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Chronicle of the Death of the Green Party of Atlasia (I can still change the thread title!!)  (Read 5853 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2020, 01:39:17 AM »

Party Platform and Bylaw's

Section I: Party Bylaws
1. The name of the party is officially the Green Party of Atlasia
2. Party membership requires to be registered with the party as an official member
3. Rights and privileges of the party include
(a) Voting for party and representative officials for public office
(b) Instigating amendments, referenda, and endorsements of party policy and direction
(c) expelling members by plurality vote if petitioned by 2/5 of the party

4. The following are found to be destructive wreckers, and are barred from privileges and right of party members
(a) Fhtagn
(b) ASV
5. Party ethics shall be committed to
(a) Democracy
(b) Consensus building among party members
(c) Principles
(d) and not a loss of identity for electoral gain

Section II: Party Policies
1. The Party is committed to sustainable development and the continuation of the existence of the hominid species
(a) Negative externalities must be dealt with efficiently
(I) Superfund sites must be cleaned up and properly disposed of within 7 years of foundation, at least 70% funded by the source of the polluted of still operating
(II) Conservation sites are barred from further development not related to upkeep of tourism
(III) Fossil Fuels and non-renewables must be phased out by 2030
(IV) biodiversity must be maintained so as to have a sustainable ecosystem

2. Liberation of all marginalized and oppressed people must be paramount in an ideal society
(a) LGBTQ+ Liberation is to be upheld
(b) Feminism is to be upheld
(c) Hierarchies are to be demolished
(d) Criminalizing substances and hobbies that have no high external community costs are wack

3. To reach the peak of the human condition, so too must society be modeled to give people chance to reflect
(a) Labor rights must be upheld
(b) The economy must work for the collective
(d) Media should reflect these ideals

[ ] AYE

[ ] NAY

[ ] Abstain

(c)The healthcare system must be
[ ] One with a public option

[ ] Single Payer

[ ] NOTA

4. Atlasia must strive towards a better world
(a) through aid in ending strife that robs the collective from benefitting
(b) by working towards reform of international bodies to ensure that there not be hierarchies nor blocs having more say, instead power is horizontally shared
(c) In allowing for self-determination in having a homeland where nations and cultures can coexist
(I) the above manifests into
(i) being against imperialism
(ii) supporting the independence,autonomy, or recognition as equal people in the cases of the Kurds, Sawahris, and Palestinian struggles among others

[ ] AYE

[ ] NAY

5. Major reform must happen in Atlasia’s federalist system for better governance
(a) There must be only a unicameral House of Representatives consisting of 15 representatives
(b) National referenda must only be ratified through a plurality vote of the national citizens of Atlasia

[ ] NAY

[ ] NAY

[ ] NAY

Vote lasts for 72 hours
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2020, 01:48:12 AM »

Party Platform and Bylaws (no apostrophe)

2. Party membership requires to be registered with the party as an official member
(b) Instigating amendments, referenda, and endorsements of party policy and direction

4. The following are found to be destructive wreckers, and are barred from privileges and right of party members
(a) Fhtagn
(b) ASV
(a) Democracy
(c) Principles

1. The Party is committed to sustainable development and the continuation of the existence of the hominid species
(I) Superfund sites must be cleaned up and properly disposed of within 7 years of foundation, at least 70% funded by the source of the polluted of still operating
(II) Conservation sites are barred from further development not related to upkeep of tourism

2. Liberation of all marginalized and oppressed people must be paramount in an ideal society
(d) Criminalizing substances and hobbies that have no high external community costs are wack

3. To reach the peak of the human condition, so too must society be modeled to give people chance to reflect

[ X ] AYE

[   ] NAY

[   ] Abstain

[   ] One with a public option

[ X ] Single Payer

[   ] NOTA

(b) by working towards reform of international bodies to ensure that there not be hierarchies nor blocs having more say, instead power is horizontally shared
(c) In allowing for self-determination in having a homeland where nations and cultures can coexist
(ii) supporting the independence, autonomy, or recognition as equal people in the cases of the Kurds, Sawahris, and Palestinian struggles among others

[ X ] AYE

[   ] NAY

5. Major reform must happen in Atlasia’s federalist system for better governance
(a) There must be only a unicameral House of Representatives consisting of 15 representatives
(b) National referenda must only be ratified through a plurality vote of the national citizens of Atlasia

[   ] NAY

[   ] NAY

[ X ] NAY

Vote lasts for 72 hours
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2020, 01:51:13 AM »

(a) Fhtagn
(b) ASV
(a) Democracy
(c) Principles

[ X ] AYE

[ ] NAY

[ ] Abstain

[ ] One with a public option

[ X ] Single Payer

[ ] NOTA

(ii) supporting the independence,autonomy, or recognition as equal people in the cases of the Kurds, Sawahris, and Palestinian struggles among others

[ X ] AYE

[ ] NAY

[ X] Aye

[ ] NAY

[ ] Abstain

For the last one, either change it to Aye, Nay, or Abstain yourself and then vote of just say what you want. Rest assured, we will be flexible since the ballot was mired in error for the last question.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2020, 02:02:17 AM »

01 - Nay
02 - Single Payer
04 - Nay
05 - Abstain
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2020, 03:25:38 AM »

I've gotta ask why you aren't doing each platform clause individually.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2020, 03:43:08 AM »

01 - Nay
02 - Single Payer
04 - Nay
05 - Nay

I honestly strongly disagree with some party planks.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2020, 04:19:33 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2020, 04:34:43 AM by Laki »

(a) Fhtagn
(b) ASV

(a) Democracy
(c) Principles

(a) Negative externalities must be dealt with efficiently Explain
(I) Superfund sites must be cleaned up and properly disposed of within 7 years of foundation, at least 70% funded by the source of the polluted of still operating Explain
(II) Conservation sites are barred from further development not related to upkeep of tourism Explain

(a) LGBTQ+ Liberation is rights are to be upheld. LGBTQ discrimination won't be tolerated
(b) Feminism is to be upheld The Party recognizes that females and males are equal. The Party fights for equal pay between females and males. Sexual violence should be punished with prison sentences.

(b) The economy must work for the collective The economy should serve humanity instead of vice versa, like originally intended.
(d) Media should reflect these ideals (c) Media should stay independent, as we defend freedom of speech. We demand cancellation of media funding, phasing it slowly out. Media should survive independently, without the use of taxpayers' money.

Not ready yet.

1. You forgot about racism.
2. You mention generic guidelines, not actual proposals
3. I don't believe in expelling members or being able too. Fhtagn is trolling and ASV has no interest in joining. I think it's incredibly stupid.
4. I believe in independent media, not in media that brainwashes us.
5. The Party Bylaws in general are radical and authoritarian
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2020, 05:09:52 AM »

(a) through aid in ending strife that robs the collective from benefitting Explain

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2020, 05:40:45 AM »

4. Atlasia must strive towards a better world and the Green Party of Atlasia proposes the following:

We are anti-imperialist, and support diplomatic and peaceful ways to solve human conflicts.

China

We support the Hong Kong resistance against China, and demand the autonomy of Hong Kong to be expanded, and democratic elections to be guaranteed in China.

We recognize the threat China poses to our way of living and our economy, and are in favour of economic and diplomatic sanctions against China, and openly support and explore ways to enforce a regime change.

We recognize Taiwan as an independent nation, and condemn the oppresion of numerous minority cultures by China

We are in favour of forming a military defence pact with other nations against new threats like China. We propose reforming NATO and making every nation spend at least 1% of their GDP to their military.

Other conflicts

We support a two state solution between Israel and Palestine, and stay neutral in the conflict.

We support the formation of an independent Kurdistan, starting with Rojava

General

It's our task to spread the values of democracy, solidarity and environmentalism around the world through diplomacy and sanctions. Freedom of speech needs to be protected and guaranteed everywhere in the world.

We support strategic and efficient cuts to defense spending
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2020, 09:30:08 AM »

what about vegan burgers
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2020, 05:24:02 PM »

If the platform is rejected in any parts, we’ll definitely go back to the drawing board. Thanks Lakigigar for bringing these planks up.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2020, 05:25:01 PM »

For the next convention.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2020, 05:26:40 PM »

I've gotta ask why you aren't doing each platform clause individually.
We agreed beforehand through talks that these clauses were wholly agreed upon except the ones done individually. It seems we are probably going to head back up to the drawing board.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2020, 06:45:58 PM »

01 - Aye
02 - Single Payer
04 - Aye
05 - Aye
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2020, 08:02:17 AM »

The platform is very broad, so I would say that we vote on every single issue we propose in the platform. You are free to make amendments.

The Green Party of Atlasia supports a universal basic income for every Atlasian citizen, focus on implementation in the cities, followed by the regions.

The Green Party of Atlasia supports a 30 hour work week. This will reduce unemployment, reduce work-related stress, and make it able to increase retirement age, and reduce the stress of pensioner's budgets.

The Green Party of Atlasia supports raising the retirement age to that of age 65.

The Green Party of Atlasia is opposed to fracking.

The Green Party of Atlasia supports protecting natural parks and indigenous territories of Atlasia, as well to adding a number of these.

The Green Party of Atlasia wants to expand transport infrastructure throughout Atlasia, renewing bridges, creating HSR network, and building railways in rural areas.

The Green Party of Atlasia supports more background checks for gun ownership, but believes in the right of Atlasians to carry a pistol / gun. Advanced attack weapons should be outlawed.

The Green Party of Atlasia is pro-choice, defending women rights, bringing the term-limit in which an abortion can happen back to 9 weeks.

The Green Party of Atlasia wants to legalize prostitution

The Green Party of Atlasia believes drug-related crimes are a health issue, and not a criminal offence. We believe in prevention and treating it as a health issue. We want to pardon all criminized drug offences.

The Green Party of Atlasia believes in trade agreements that are mutually beneficial and ecologically sustainable, directed towards helping the working class and upholding the standards Atlasia believes in. We believe in fair trade.

The Green Party of Atlasia believes in expanding the budget of NASA and supporting the ASI (Atlasian Space Initiative) to focus on earth sciences and space exploration.

The Green Party of Atlasia wants to subsidize agriculture sectors, and support farmers and agrarians, and encourage them to upheld them to environmental and animal welfare standards.

The Green Party of Atlasia wants animal rights to be expanded, as well as illegal hunting activities and illegal fishery to be sentenced more heavily.

The Green Party of Atlasia wants a universal educational reform and education debate to increase the educational standards, but to ensure as well that no-one is discriminated and everyone gets equal chances.

We want to increase taxes for the super rich (1% richest), while exploring to balance budgets and decrease taxes for the middle class, if possible.

We want masks to be obligated by law, in all public places, including outdoors to prevent new waves of the corona virus.

We want to explore the feasibility of a one-time corona tax of 5% of total wealth, on the 1% richest of Atlasia. With the tax, we want to stimulate and save local and small businesses, reduce long-term damage to the economy and stimulate the lower classes.

The Green Party of Atlasia is strongly against racism and racist police violence, and strongly condemsn those acts. We believe in equal chances for everyone.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2020, 12:09:10 AM »

Party Chair

[ ] King T’Chenka

[ ] Write-in: ______

Party Vice Chair

[ ] PSOL

[ ] Write-in: ______

Vote lasts for 24 hours, then we decide on a party platform.

OFFICIAL BALLOT
of the SOUTH

SOUTHERN GOVERNOR

[ 2 ] MB of Puerto Rico

Dixieland Patriots Party - Labor Party

[ 1 ] Write-in: Muaddib of Mississippi

Dixieland Patriots Party - Federalist Party

SOUTHERN CHAMBER OF DELEGATES

[ ] DTC of Georgia

Independents - Labour Party

[ 1 ] Jessica of Mississippi

Independent - Federalist Party

[ 5 ] MB of Porto Rico

Dixieland Patriots Party - Labour Party

[ ] Peebs of North Carolina

Southern Trains Rights - Peace Party

[ 2 ] reagente of Missouri

Independence - Federalist Party

[ 3 ] Spark498 of Florida

Indipendent - Federalist Party

[ 6 ] TimTurner of Texas

Independant - Labor Party

[ 4 ] tmthforu94 of Kansas

Atlasian Future Party - Democratic Alliance

[ ] weatherboy1102 of South Carolina
Atlasia Futures Party - Democratic Ally Ants

OH WOOPS WRONG THREAD!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2020, 12:13:58 AM »

lol
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2020, 01:59:35 AM »

Results of Party Platform Vote:

(a) Fhtagn
(b) ASV
(a) Democracy
(c) Principles

[3] AYE

(c)The healthcare system must be:

[5] Single Payer

[3] AYE

[2] AYE

[2] NAY

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2020, 02:07:00 AM »

The final plank result is a 2-2 tie. There will be some informal party discussions and we will table a re-vote on "plank 5" to take place in the very near future.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2020, 09:57:16 PM »

Election Candidates Announcement

The Green Party of Atlasia is proud to announce 4 candidates to run in the late August elections. We're continuing our mission of growing, gaining power and using that power to bring about pro-environment and progressive policies. Our candidates are as follows:

Senator (Class II) - King TChenka
First Minister of Fremont - PSOL
Fremont Parliament - KoopaDaQuick
House Of Representatives - Lakigigar

Feel free to contact myself or Vice Chair PSOL with any inquiries.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2020, 10:02:31 PM »

Okay y'all, we're gonna re-vote on this (due to a stalemate) so we can ratify our first official Green Party Platform.

If it again doesn't pass, we will not include it in our party's platform and each Green Party member will simply hold their own views on the subject with no official party position.

[ ] AYE

[ ] NAY

Vote lasts for 72 hours
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2020, 10:43:29 PM »

Aye
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2020, 03:02:02 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2020, 03:07:56 AM by PSOL »

Aye, anything else empowers the federalists and the establishment to water down house bills. There exists no real reason for the Senate other then false notions of “electability” which doesn’t ever apply in this game or to our party.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2020, 03:36:51 AM »

Abstain
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)