AK-SEN 2022: A Rank Choice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:55:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AK-SEN 2022: A Rank Choice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AK-SEN 2022: A Rank Choice  (Read 18721 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: March 06, 2021, 08:11:44 PM »

AL. GROSS. REVENGE. TOUR.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 01:06:15 PM »

Who might be the frontrunner of potential primary challengers?

Sarah Palin probably LMAO
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 02:14:53 PM »

I don't know if Sarah Palin wants to run. She resigned from the governorship.

That was over 10 years ago when she was the most famous person in the state, potentially building to a run for President. She has been a nobody for the last few years, but is still high profile enough to challenge Murkowski. She even threatened to do so back in 2018.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 07:45:27 AM »

Joe Manchin endorses Murkowski:

As FR pointed out, absolutely no one in Alaska is going to base their vote off of what Joe Manchin thinks, which means this is yet another attempt to get attention and showboat for his own personal gain. If he had said “Look, I respect Murkowski, I think she’s a great Senator, I don’t think it’s fair that she’s going to be primaried for voting in accordance with her convictions, she’s a good person” and stopped short of endorsing her, that would be, in my book, annoying but fine. A member of the Democratic Party—a Senator in a tied Senate nonetheless—advocating that a Republican be re-elected, no matter who it is or where they’re from, is flat out unacceptable. And I know he endorsed Collins last year too. Democrats should not be advocating to bring back Republicans—we should be advocating to bring in more Democrats. And we ought to be doing that by advocating against Republicans.

It’s not that I think this is going to seal the deal for Murkowski; that would be silly. It’s the principle that Manchin continues to do this knowing there’s no mechanism in place to stop him because he’s the 50th vote. And a lot of people on here will argue that saying “he’s not a Democrat” is unfair, but I can’t even imagine if Joe Biden came out and literally endorsed a Republican over a Democrat in a Congressional race. It would never happen. Manchin is the only Democrat that does this as often as he does. I understand he’s better than the alternatives in WV, but I’m eager to strengthen the Senate majority so that what he thinks doesn’t matter anymore.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 11:19:47 AM »

Odd rant, given that without Joe Manchin there'd be no Democratic Senate majority. He forewent switching to the GOP at an high cost (scraping though in 2018 vs. no campaigning needed), so give credit where it's due. If Fat Pat had joined Capito, McConnell would still be Majority Leader.

All this is perfunctory, nobody should care about Manchin's gesticulations outside of WV.

I totally understand and even noted that he’s better than the alternatives in WV, which is why I also said I want to work to expand the Senate majority so it doesn’t come down to him anymore. It doesn’t make it any less stupid that he grandstands this way when it does matter.

Joe Biden endorsed Fred Upton in 2018 IIRC Tongue

He endorsed his opponent last year though. And he’s now a sitting US President rather than a former Vice President; the circumstances are a little different.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 12:50:28 PM »

Is there anything more douchey than putting "breaking news" on your tweet about your own re-election announcement?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies