The Presidency of America's Maverick
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:11:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Presidency of America's Maverick
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30]
Poll
Question: Who Will win the 2008 Election
George W Bush

Hillary Clinton

Will be a 269-269 Tie

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: The Presidency of America's Maverick  (Read 63021 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: July 28, 2022, 01:21:25 PM »

Given how close the election was, I could very well see 2012 becoming a rematch. Or Dubya just waits to 2016, which is kind of crazy to think about.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #726 on: July 28, 2022, 09:37:22 PM »

Dubya would love a rematch
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #727 on: July 30, 2022, 11:51:46 PM »

President-Elect Hillary Clinton's First Press Conference Since the Election

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRrGF87p6YI

Media Member 1: Mrs. President-Elect , given how close this election was and how it was resolved do you think it will be possible to really unite the nation.

Clinton: Yes I do and that is cause like I said in my victory speech, Democrats and Republicans may not agree on the solutions to our problems but we do agree that we need to improve our healthcare system, improve our educational system, improve our economy , and win the war on terror . So the best way to bring unity is to work to do exactly that as I can tell you what people want are results and that is what I hope to bring.

Second I in the past few days have spoken to leaders of both parties and I can tell you that they both are on board in helping unite our nation.

Media Member 1: Do you think having a small majority will make members of your own party more worried about losing the house in the midterms given the party that controls the White House usually loses seats and the Democrats have almost no margin for error

Clinton: Listen I dont think we should be talking or thinking about the midterms now. We should be thinking of delivering good governance to the people and worry about the midterms when we are a couple months out from it not now. Also I think this gets back to your other question as you in the media also have a responsibility in helping unite our nation. Talking about how every proposed policy by me or really any politician will effect the midterms will make it harder to unite as elections are inherently divisive so constantly talking about it will make it harder to unite the nation.

I think it would be better rather to talk about the impacts of proposed policies on our nation as that's what is more important at the end of the day

Media Member 2: President-Elect Clinton what will be your first priority over your first 100 days

Clinton : Well I think what is important is getting the framework of different policies such as healthcare reform, childcare , education reform through their various committees and then we can hopefully use that momentum to get those reforms passed into law by the end of the year. Abroad my goal will be to continue the work President McCain has laid out to ensure victory in the war on terror.

Media Member 2: Do you think any major policy can pass into law within your first 100 days

Clinton: I certainly hope so though I think its more important we get the framework of various reforms done as that would set us up to get more done than if we go through a one at a time approach.

Media Member 3: Will Electoral Reform be something you and congress peruse

Clinton: I would echo the words of President McCain which is while our system is not perfect and does have some problems, we should not makes changes just to make changes as doing so could make things worse not better. I though would support having a group of staffers work with a bipartisan committee in congress to research different reforms and then if they decide we need reform, we will make reforms otherwise we will not

Media Member 3: How long would such a process take

Clinton: Well it would certainly take longer than a simple law as our current electoral system was created by the 12th amendment of the constitution and reforming that would mean passing another amendment as you know requires 2/3 of congress and 3/4th of the states. So any such reform not only needs support across party lines but among big, medium and small states and that wont be easy so the research phase will certainly work to find if there are any potential reforms that can get that support as well.

Media Member 4: Last quick question, have you made a decision on who will replace Governor Dean as head of the DNC

Clinton: We are still working on that and I will name the replacement when Governor Dean is confirmed by the Senate to be this nation's next Secretary of Health and Human Services. Anyway thank you , I will not be taking any more questions.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #728 on: August 01, 2022, 12:20:01 AM »

Former Democratic Candidate Donald Trump announces Mayoral Run after speaking with President-Elect Clinton

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB_UrICejIs

Blitzer: Former Democratic Presidential Candidate and Real Estate Tycoon Donald Trump officially announced on twitter that he would be running for Mayor of New York City. He will officially be holding his campaign event tomorrow but yes we are told he has officially filed the papers to run for mayor as well. We are also told that right before running he had a conversation with President-Elect Clinton right before announcing so Candy do we know what they talked about

Crowley: I am told that Mr. Trump was still considering a potential run at governor in 2010 but we are told President-Elect Clinton requested him to run for Mayor instead. Keep in mind Democrats for Governor have a far deeper field than they do for Mayor with candidates such as Andrew Cuomo, and David Paterson while for mayor they do not . Also another reason why he may have chosen Mayoral is that Governor Giuliani has still not made a decision yet of whether he will run for a third term or not but we know that Mayor Bloomberg is term limited so the Mayoral Race will be an open race for sure.

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #729 on: August 01, 2022, 12:24:33 AM »

Did McCain's not-terrible management of the WOT mean the budget is not ruined for decades?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #730 on: August 01, 2022, 12:36:13 AM »

Did McCain's not-terrible management of the WOT mean the budget is not ruined for decades?

Well we had a recession in 2007 due to the fed being more aggressive but which did help us avoid a financial crises from happening in this TL which will help keep the budget deficit much smaller for now. Whether or not this will be long term will dependent on whether or not President-Elect Clinton will be able to put in place policies that can ensure we dont get one , or whether the financial crises is just delayed an economic cycle here. I wont mention more on this as this would spoil some of the events that will happen later on.

Though yes a better handled WOT means the budget is doing better in that regard for sure.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #731 on: August 02, 2022, 03:05:52 AM »

President McCain's Final Press Conference as President:

Source: https://www.npr.org/2018/08/26/642046096/mccain-to-lie-in-state-at-u-s-and-arizona-capitols

McCain: As you may all know I will be giving my Farewell Address from the Oval Office Tomorrow and before I do so I also wanted to give you in the press a chance to also ask me some final questions before doing so. Over the past 8 years I can tell you I have have had many great moments here as well as some bad and embarrassing ones so I just want to say that I appreciate the job you all do so now lets take some questions.

Media Member 1: President McCain what are 3 things your legacy will be most defined by when history looks back

McCain: Well it is hard to say for sure what those 3 things are but I would say that one is that we made real progress in reducing  the threat of terrorism not only to our nation but around the world, we showed the world a democracy can work in a region many thought a democracy could not work and my hope is decades from now we can look back at Iraq as just the beginning of the region becoming more and more Democratic.

Here at home I would say is taking on the power of special interests and giving power back to the American people and we have done that through many reforms such as Campaign Finance, Tort Reform, Tax Reform and many others .

Media Member 1: Would you put tackling Global Warming on there

McCain: Well the fact is we do not know what the impacts of our policies such as cap and trade will have until many years in the future so I think that is something that will be decided by historians. I can tell you that I hope that future Presidents build upon the work we started to tackle the issue of global warming rather than just leave what we done on auto pilot as policies such as this require constant refinement and thats what I hope happens.

Media Member 2: What would you say some of your biggest failures are

McCain: Well I would say here at home my biggest failure was the failure to get healthcare reform passed as while policies such as expanding Medicare and Tort Reform does help, I do think things would be better if we passed the healthcare reform bill. I would say another would be if North Korea ends up being a big threat in the future, I would consider it a failure that we were not able to stop them from acquiring nuclear weapons.

Media Member 2: What do you say of people who say nothing could have been done to stop North Korea and this was inevitable

McCain: Listen I think a good leader is not defined by them only taking credit for successes but also willing to take personal responsibility for failures and I take responsibility for this failure.

Media Member 3: Is there any advice you have given President-Elect Clinton

McCain: Well I would say the main thing is to trust your own instincts and judgement . The fact is while you should trust the advice of your cabinet members and advisors you also must trust your own judgement because at the end of the day as President it is your job to make certain decisions and you must trust your own instincts to do so as well.

Media Member 3: What happens though when your cabinet members have disagreed with you on occasion, as haven't you changed course

McCain: Listen you absolutely should listen to what they say and yes they have changed my mind on multiple occasions but you cannot let that hamper you from being able to take tough decisions either.

Media Member 4: President McCain I know you are a huge sports fan, so say ESPN offers you a job to be a sports commentor would you take it.

McCain: I would be honored by such an offer but I can tell you there are probably more qualified people than me for such a role so I would decline but I would not mind guest hosting from time to time and come in from time to time to debate you and others on ESPN about Sports.

Media Member 4: Your Cardinals will be playing in the NFC Championship in a couple days so what do you think about them

McCain: Given we have home field advantage I think we will win and I can tell you it will be very exciting to see them go to the Super Bowl and I can tell you that I like our chances against either the Steelers or Ravens.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #732 on: August 05, 2022, 02:09:26 AM »

President's McCain's Farewell Address:

Note: Photshop done by DPK

McCain: My fellow Americans, tonight will be the final time I will be addressing you from the oval office as your President and I want to let you know that it has been a great honor to represent you the people of this great nation for the past 8 years. When I campaigned for this job back in 2000, I pledged to you I would do everything in my power to return power back from Washington DC and from the special interests back to you the people and while many not have been successful in every area I can say we have made lots of progress in doing so. That to me has always been a goal of mine throughout my career because the fact is for a democratic society to truly hit its potential we must have a society where the people are in control of their own destiny and the bosses of their politicians and while we still have progress to do , different reforms to for example our campaign finance system and our legal system have moved us in the right direction .

For my entire life I have had the belief that no matter what challenges our nation faced, if we do it together there is no challenge or crises we cannot overcome. This was shown to be no more true than the darkest day of my presidency on September the 11th 2001 when we were hit by the worst terrorist attack in our history and instead of succumbing to division like our enemies hoped, our nation united and helped rebuild New York and Washington DC from the terrible attacks. We also united in our effort to ensure an attack like 9/11 could not happen again and as a result of that we have wiped out the top leaders of Al-Qaeda and weakened the powers of terrorism to their weakest point in decades but it is important that we must not stop . Just cause they are weak does not mean they are finished and we must not give them the the opportunity to recover and I am glad that this is something both parties have agreed on in recent years.

As part of this war on terror , we liberated the people of Iraq from the evil grip of their tyrant Suddam Hussain and showed the world that democracy can work no matter which region of the world it is implemented. While some critics may argue that there is a lot of progress to be made , Iraq has made tons of progress over the past 6 years and while it is important that progress continues, I think Iraq has shown the world that a democratic system is better than dictatorship and it is my opinion that the US in the upcoming years and decades continue to be a strong advocate for democracy all around the world as that is the best way to ensure our planet remains peace and prosperous for every human to enjoy. Thank You May God Bless You and May God Bless The United States of America.

President McCain's Final Approval Rating:

Approve: 59%(+3%)
Disapprove: 40%(-3%)

Approval of President McCain's Farewell Address:

Approve: 82%
Disapprove: 16%

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #733 on: August 05, 2022, 02:10:27 AM »

So this Marks the End of This Part of the TL. Part 2 which will cover the Presidency of Hillary Clinton will be on this link:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=517102.0
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies