NPC Elections - Rules and Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 01:33:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NPC Elections - Rules and Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Author Topic: NPC Elections - Rules and Results Thread  (Read 16910 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2020, 03:19:21 PM »

Tricolor will be standing and will seek an alliance with the Labor Party, pending Labor's approval
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2020, 03:24:14 PM »

I did not make all calculations but noticed in your legislator totals you have Dixieland patriots with 1 but results by state show them win 1 rep in Alabama and 1 in Virginia.

Indeed, my mistake. It's been corrected.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2020, 03:28:13 PM »

Confirming Labor will go in coalition with the Tricolor party again in Lincoln. Also confirming Labor will go in coalition with the Beauty and Bread party in Fremont
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2020, 03:34:40 PM »

Sinn Frémont will stand for election in coalition with the Labor Party, pending approval from the Labor chair.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2020, 04:12:00 PM »

The Atlasian Future Party (South) will continue their partnership with the Democratic Alliance.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2020, 11:30:11 AM »

Fis Nua will be allying itself with the Democratic Alliance in Fremont.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2020, 01:30:47 PM »

The Liberal Party of Lincoln allies with the DA
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2020, 01:34:06 PM »

Question: Is there a penalty for intentionally carpetbagging to a state that is in play?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2020, 01:41:37 PM »

Question: Is there a penalty for intentionally carpetbagging to a state that is in play?

If someone starts doing that in an obvious way to game the system, then yes. Ideally I wouldn't have to, but there will penalties involved if people try to take advantage.

(So people are encouraged to let me know if it happens)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2020, 01:51:18 PM »

If someone starts doing that in an obvious way to game the system, then yes. Ideally I wouldn't have to, but there will penalties involved if people try to take advantage.

what is carpetbagging
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2020, 01:52:13 PM »

what is carpetbagging
Strategically moving somewhere ahead of an election so that it provides an electoral benefit.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2020, 01:53:43 PM »

what is carpetbagging
Strategically moving somewhere ahead of an election so that it provides an electoral benefit.
^

"Carpetbag" is an old word for "suitcase" —the implication is that carpetbaggers aren't really from their adopted state/district and are effectively political tourists.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2020, 01:55:37 PM »

what is carpetbagging
^

"Carpetbag" is an old word for "suitcase" —the implication is that carpetbaggers aren't really from their adopted state/district and are effectively political tourists.
I' just moved to Alaska but was planning to stay there.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2020, 03:59:46 PM »

Results are influenced by factors including voting history.

VOTING HISTORY: One of the factors considered will be how a state voted in previous elections. Due to the rapidly changing dynamics due to registration shifts, this factor will only account for how the state voted in the last Presidential, Midterm and Regional election. Also because keeping track of more would drive me insane.

If I ran in June in the regional Senate election, my party got better results in July NPC elections where I got votes. So if my party doesn't run a candidate in Presidential, midterm or regional the party gets zero voting history score.

Is that right. am I doomed to run everytime!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2020, 04:12:28 PM »

Results are influenced by factors including voting history.

VOTING HISTORY: One of the factors considered will be how a state voted in previous elections. Due to the rapidly changing dynamics due to registration shifts, this factor will only account for how the state voted in the last Presidential, Midterm and Regional election. Also because keeping track of more would drive me insane.

If I ran in June in the regional Senate election, my party got better results in July NPC elections where I got votes. So if my party doesn't run a candidate in Presidential, midterm or regional the party gets zero voting history score.

Is that right. am I doomed to run everytime!

In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say Poirot now, Poirot tomorrow, Poirot forever Tongue
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2020, 09:21:48 PM »

does campaigning multiple times in a row in a state (in multiple locations across the state, and with differing topics in speeches) end up giving the decreasing marks/maluses that you described, or does the varying location within the state and varying topics mitigate that?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2020, 09:32:13 PM »

does campaigning multiple times in a row in a state (in multiple locations across the state, and with differing topics in speeches) end up giving the decreasing marks/maluses that you described, or does the varying location within the state and varying topics mitigate that?

Oh no, it actually produces a good result, since part of the point is to encourage people to make an effort. If you used the same speech/event over and over again then you'd face those marking issues, because people would get tired of hearing the same thing over and over again (and for game balance as well).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2020, 03:35:34 PM »

Reminder that campaigning will be open on Monday, and you'll recieve early polls either that day or during the first week. Only parties which have already announced they'll stand (or those who are automatically "on") will be included in the poll.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2020, 04:29:11 PM »

Reminder that campaigning will be open on Monday, and you'll recieve early polls either that day or during the first week. Only parties which have already announced they'll stand (or those who are automatically "on") will be included in the poll.
national or state-level?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2020, 04:46:33 PM »

national or state-level?

State. National polls woud be meaningless due to severe differences among states (hence why I won't be doing polls on issues, would be too much)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2020, 03:47:11 PM »

Official Green Party Announcement
Liberty & Justice For All

The Green Party and the Labor Party are proud to announce a Fremont partnership for NPC elections, starting now and lasting for the next 3 sets of NPC elections. The Green Party pledges to support Labor candidates running for office as needed in Fremont NPC elections, and Labor has agreed to impliment the following policy positions at the state level:

- raising local state taxes on all $150K salaried citizens (except in any potential cases where Atlasians are already paying VERY high income taxes)

- setting the bare minimum state corporate tax rate at 2% for all corporations

- charging no taxes on "necessity food" tax free, for example milk, bread, 2L+ containers of water, flour, sugsr, canned vegetables. It remains to be seen if there will actually be no tax or if citizens will fully write off these items when filing for taxes

- increasing spending on affordable housing, sidewalks and public transit systems

- giving small tax credits for citizens purchasing hybrid / electric / green energy vehicles

- not offering tax credits / exemptions to fossil fuel companies at the state level

- requiring all urban municipalities to limit single-family-home residential development into new future neighborhoods to 75% of the housing property being developed
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2020, 03:49:42 PM »

Official Green Party Announcement
Liberty & Justice For All

The Green Party and the Labor Party are proud to announce a Fremont partnership for NPC elections, starting now and lasting for the next 3 sets of NPC elections. The Green Party pledges to support Labor candidates running for office as needed in Fremont NPC elections, and Labor has agreed to impliment the following policy positions at the state level:

- raising local state taxes on all $150K salaried citizens (except in any potential cases where Atlasians are already paying VERY high income taxes)

- setting the bare minimum state corporate tax rate at 2% for all corporations

- charging no taxes on "necessity food" tax free, for example milk, bread, 2L+ containers of water, flour, sugsr, canned vegetables. It remains to be seen if there will actually be no tax or if citizens will fully write off these items when filing for taxes

- increasing spending on affordable housing, sidewalks and public transit systems

- giving small tax credits for citizens purchasing hybrid / electric / green energy vehicles

- not offering tax credits / exemptions to fossil fuel companies at the state level

- requiring all urban municipalities to limit single-family-home residential development into new future neighborhoods to 75% of the housing property being developed
Confirming this
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2020, 03:57:30 PM »

To clarify, Green candidates are standing down as per those terms, or are they included in the Labor slate?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2020, 11:37:12 AM »

To clarify, Green candidates are standing down as per those terms, or are they included in the Labor slate?
Not included in labor slate. We stand independently but form coalition agreemrnts with labor after election results come in
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2020, 01:37:18 PM »

AUGUST 2020

CAMPAIGN PERIOD
Monday August 3rd - Friday August 28th

UP FOR GRABS
California
Alaska
South Dakota