Kanye is out (UPDATE: Kanye is in again)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:20:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kanye is out (UPDATE: Kanye is in again)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20
Author Topic: Kanye is out (UPDATE: Kanye is in again)  (Read 18870 times)
Camaro33
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.23, S: 0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: July 06, 2020, 08:18:03 AM »

In the unlikely event he actually gets on the ballot in most states, I think this forum vastly underestimates how many votes he can get. With disaffection for both parties so high and the highest possible name recognition ever for a non-major party candidate he could easily get a few percent of the vote alone. I'd suspect he would hurt Biden more, as his more supportive demographics would be millennials and African Americans.

Now, I think the odds of him actually getting on the ballot in any state is less than 10%. But wait a minute? What if he conspires with Trump to only get on the ballot in the swing states (sarcasm for forum conspiracies)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #251 on: July 06, 2020, 08:21:04 AM »

Kanye wearing a Trump hat and saying slaves 'chose' to be slaves is so disconnected from now, I struggle to see how running would do nothing but trash his brand.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #252 on: July 06, 2020, 08:28:37 AM »

Also, in addition to everything else, what are Kanye's policies? Hardly anyone has said a word about that in 11 pages of discussion so far, nor has West said anything about what policies he plans to pursue or reforms or changes he intends to implement once in office. What does he plan to do about healthcare? The economy? Foreign Relations? Education? What is he going to do about structural racism other than empty plabum about how "slavery was a choice" or "George Bush doesn't care about Black people?" These things matter, and even a silly meme candidate has to have some policies: Trump had The Wall and "no more bad trade deals". Even Hermann Cain had his 9-9-9 plan. Voting for Kanye just because he released some good albums and won a bunch of grammys is something that only irony-poisoned 33 year old BernieBros (and yes, these people are almost all male) who have fond nostalgic memories of Kanye because Graduation & College Dropout were released when they were in college as a "f[inks] you" to the system are going to do.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #253 on: July 06, 2020, 12:58:11 PM »

The sad thing is that Kanye would probably have a better criminal justice plan than the other two candidates.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #254 on: July 06, 2020, 01:03:49 PM »

This could have been avoided, if Bernie or Warren or Booker would have been the nominees.

Of course a third party candidate was open to coming into the race and Michael Moore said this to mess up Biden's chances in MI, PA and WI since the Dems didn't have a real primary
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #255 on: July 06, 2020, 01:04:26 PM »

Ted Bessell, please change your original post.

Kanye West has not filed any paperwork to run.

He is not in.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #256 on: July 06, 2020, 01:05:24 PM »

The sad thing is that Kanye would probably have a better criminal justice plan than the other two candidates.

Is this the same Kanye West who said that slavery is a choice?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #257 on: July 06, 2020, 01:34:40 PM »

Oh what a surprise, it looks to all have been a stunt for his album...just like I have repeatedly said.
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #258 on: July 06, 2020, 01:42:42 PM »

There’s ALOT of enthusiasm on Twitter about his supposed candidacy from young people who say they hate both candidates and think they’re both equally bad (which I disagree with). I know twitter doesn’t matter and it didn’t help Bernie or Cenk, but still, it’s really scary the level of apathy I’ve seen. The level of disillusionment.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #259 on: July 06, 2020, 01:57:00 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2020, 02:03:33 PM by pppolitics »

There’s ALOT of enthusiasm on Twitter about his supposed candidacy from young people who say they hate both candidates and think they’re both equally bad (which I disagree with). I know twitter doesn’t matter and it didn’t help Bernie or Cenk, but still, it’s really scary the level of apathy I’ve seen. The level of disillusionment.

twitter ≠ real life
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #260 on: July 06, 2020, 02:06:36 PM »

Lol.  The youth are apathetic and disillusioned?  When have the youth not been apathetic and disillusioned?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #261 on: July 06, 2020, 02:09:48 PM »

Lol.  The youth are apathetic and disillusioned?  When have the youth not been apathetic and disillusioned?

When they turned out in droves for the optimistic 2008 candidacy of Barack Obama (their turnout has been differential in other elections to significant extents, such as the 2018 midterms, but that's probably the best example of an unambiguously positive vote). Their disillusionment has grown in line with an increasingly common sentiment within other sections of society.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #262 on: July 06, 2020, 02:12:13 PM »

Lol.  The youth are apathetic and disillusioned?  When have the youth not been apathetic and disillusioned?

When they turned out in droves for the optimistic 2008 candidacy of Barack Obama (their turnout has been differential in other elections to significant extents, such as the 2018 midterms, but that's probably the best example of an unambiguously positive vote). Their disillusionment has grown in line with an increasingly common sentiment within other sections of society.

Literally no one who voted for Barack Obama in 2008 is in the "youth" age demographic now.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #263 on: July 06, 2020, 02:13:48 PM »

Literally no one who voted for Barack Obama in 2008 is in the "youth" age demographic now.

Depends on how you define it, but I took "When have the youth not been apathetic and disillusioned?" as a statement about youth as opposed to the general pessimism of the current generation.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #264 on: July 06, 2020, 02:18:59 PM »

Is this the same Kanye West who said that slavery is a choice?

That was his evil twin, Klanye.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #265 on: July 06, 2020, 02:26:35 PM »

And that lasted til like 2010
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #266 on: July 06, 2020, 03:29:37 PM »

Oh what a surprise, it looks to all have been a stunt for his album...just like I have repeatedly said.

Still won't stop the existential dread folks are having about this album release campaign.

Nor I guess another round of "Young people are stupid and young" takes based on one persons passing look at Twitter
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #267 on: July 06, 2020, 03:40:36 PM »

This is very silly. Joe Biden has a fantastic criminal justice plan. Just look at his website.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #268 on: July 06, 2020, 04:52:14 PM »

So? They were talking about the youth cohort of that time compared to the current youth cohort. Not to mention the 2008 youth are now 2020 millennial adults, who I aren't exactly enthused by Trump or Biden.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #269 on: July 06, 2020, 04:57:37 PM »

So? They were talking about the youth cohort of that time compared to the current youth cohort. Not to mention the 2008 youth are now 2020 millennial adults, who I aren't exactly enthused by Trump or Biden.

False equivalence at its finest.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #270 on: July 06, 2020, 05:24:09 PM »

False equivalence at its finest.

An empty criticism, at best. Unless you have data demonstrating that Obama youth voters are un-disillusioned and are in fact enthusiastic about any candidate?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #271 on: July 06, 2020, 05:29:35 PM »

Millennials are enthused to vote Trump out. Not many millennials are enthused to vote for Biden.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #272 on: July 06, 2020, 05:57:59 PM »

I hope this is put to rest, but I am still worried about the potential of him attempting a write-in campaign.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #273 on: July 06, 2020, 06:09:42 PM »

Just listen to New Slaves. He would change the entire system.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #274 on: July 06, 2020, 06:14:26 PM »

I hope this is put to rest, but I am still worried about the potential of him attempting a write-in campaign.

The people voting for Kanye West weren't going to vote for Biden in the first place.

I don't know why people on Atlas keeps running around like chickens without heads.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies