Herman Cain Hospitalized
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 03:25:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Herman Cain Hospitalized
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Herman Cain Hospitalized  (Read 1712 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2020, 07:25:00 PM »

Am I supposed to say something nice?
He and people like him downplayed the virus, why should we suddenly forget that now that he is sick?

All I will say is that I hope he didn’t spread it to innocent civilians.

This is from last night.

Just because you happen to get sick and get a semi-severe illness does not inherently have to mean that you agree with a "stop the virus at all costs" approach.  He may have recognized the risk but prioritized living a normal life with increased risk over certain changes to his life to lower risk.  I don't understand why that is so foreign to so many people.  The point of life is not just "don't die".

Anyway, what we need to do is pray for him.

You’re delusional and don’t ever call yourself “pro-life” ever again. If I decided to go out tomorrow and play an irl game of Frogger on the downtown connecter in Atlanta, I’d be as stupid and reckless as Caine but I’d only be playing with fire in regards to myself. Internal bleeding and bruising aren’t contagious, COVID is. It’d be okay if he did stupid, reckless stuff if it only affected him but it doesn’t. He asked for this but everyone he’s ever come in contact with didn’t . Their family and friends who may have medical issues didn’t ask for it either. He’s being selfish and cruel. Life will go on but for right now, we need to make sacrifices for each other. I was supposed to go to Japan, where I’ve wanted to go my whole life last month but I didn’t get to. I’m 26, if I get COVID I’ll be fine but if my grandparents did, they’d die because they’re in their 70s and I don’t want to give it to them. Japan will be there when a vaccine is developed but I can’t replace my grandparents.

I agree that you should take precautions when you are going to see older relatives.  I actually got tested just to see my grandma.  In my day to day life, though, I'm mostly coming in contact with other younger people, so I'm not going to stay home for another 6 months.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2020, 07:26:00 PM »

I hope his ass gets put at the bottom of the ventilator list.

No need for these comments

It's quite called for, actually, and have to say I agree with noobmaster here. Cain was literally 9 days before this mocking the very idea of wearing masks. Whatever care he receives will too good for him, and so much more than he deserves to the point it's beyond words. People like him who know better are needlessly endangering others around them, and recklessly endangering the very same healthcare professionals who he will now be dependent on to save his life. He's lucky those tasked with his care all have higher moral standards and sense of duty than he does, and follow the hippocratic oath. To hell with political correctness.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2020, 07:26:09 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2020, 08:09:51 PM by ProudModerate2 »

He and people like him downplayed the virus, why should we suddenly forget that now that he is sick?

This is from last night.

Just because you happen to get sick and get a semi-severe illness does not inherently have to mean that you agree with a "stop the virus at all costs" approach.  He may have recognized the risk but prioritized living a normal life with increased risk over certain changes to his life to lower risk.  I don't understand why that is so foreign to so many people.  The point of life is not just "don't die".

WRONG.  WRONG.  WRONG.

If Cain, or other people who ignore precautions, were risking only their own health, I would agree with you.  But they're not.  This is a highly infectious disease, and one that carries a significant risk of dying or of long-term harm to your body.  Not taking precautions willfully risks EVERY ONE else they come into contact with, and every one else those people come into contact with, and so on and so on.  People who engage in such risky behavior are willfully risking those other people as well -- which they DO NOT have a moral right to do.

Wouldn't you say that, when you go to a rally, to a restaurant, to church, or to a gathering with friends that everyone there has voluntarily taken the increased risk of being there?  The only place I see your argument as having water is for something essential, like a grocery store or medical care.  But, that wasn't what was being discussed here.

But it is "being discussed" !!
The assumption must be made that you are potentially infecting others who are doing their damnedest to protect themselves and their loved ones, by just doing the basic "essentials" during this Pandemic.
Every person who catches Covid is going to risk the dramatic increase of Covid in the general public.

Not to mention the strain they put on the healthcare system. Doctors and nurses are physically and mentally exhausted from the amount of patients, but yet people dont give a s**t about them because it's more important to "attend church services or gather with friends."
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2020, 07:26:54 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2020, 07:30:13 PM by NoobMaster69 »

This is from last night.

You’re delusional and don’t ever call yourself “pro-life” ever again. If I decided to go out tomorrow and play an irl game of Frogger on the downtown connecter in Atlanta, I’d be as stupid and reckless as Caine but I’d only be playing with fire in regards to myself. Internal bleeding and bruising aren’t contagious, COVID is. It’d be okay if he did stupid, reckless stuff if it only affected him but it doesn’t. He asked for this but everyone he’s ever come in contact with didn’t . Their family and friends who may have medical issues didn’t ask for it either. He’s being selfish and cruel. Life will go on but for right now, we need to make sacrifices for each other. I was supposed to go to Japan, where I’ve wanted to go my whole life last month but I didn’t get to. I’m 26, if I get COVID I’ll be fine but if my grandparents did, they’d die because they’re in their 70s and I don’t want to give it to them. Japan will be there when a vaccine is developed but I can’t replace my grandparents.

I agree that you should take precautions when you are going to see older relatives.  I actually got tested just to see my grandma.  In my day to day life, though, I'm mostly coming in contact with other younger people, so I'm not going to stay home for another 6 months.

Well then you’re a selfish destructive prick and I’m not. Grow the hell up man, you live in a developed country in the 21st century, life is good.  Have some perspective. You’re not living in Nazi occupied France or Victorian London. No one is suggesting you stay home for six months, just that you wear a mask, wash your hands, and stay six feet away from people.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2020, 07:27:12 PM »

jfc Trump killing Herman Cain  Cry
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2020, 07:28:09 PM »

This is from last night.

I agree that you should take precautions when you are going to see older relatives.  I actually got tested just to see my grandma.  In my day to day life, though, I'm mostly coming in contact with other younger people, so I'm not going to stay home for another 6 months.

Nobody here has suggested that you stay home for 6 months, that I've seen.  Going out is OK, but do you wear a mask around other people outside your household?  That would be a simple step to perform out of consideration for them and their families.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2020, 07:30:26 PM »

This is from last night.

Well you’re a selfish destructive prick and I’m not.

I literally said I got tested just to see my grandma?  Anyway, this has gotten way too far off topic.

This is from last night.

Just because you happen to get sick and get a semi-severe illness does not inherently have to mean that you agree with a "stop the virus at all costs" approach.  He may have recognized the risk but prioritized living a normal life with increased risk over certain changes to his life to lower risk.  I don't understand why that is so foreign to so many people.  The point of life is not just "don't die".

Nobody here has suggested that you stay home for 6 months, that I've seen.  Going out is OK, but do you wear a mask around other people outside your household?  That would be a simple step to perform out of consideration for them and their families.

I live alone, and I'm not wearing a mask around friends or to church (no one does).  It would be absolutely ludicrous to wear a mask to a social gathering, and I've literally never seen a single person do so.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2020, 07:33:49 PM »

I live alone, and I'm not wearing a mask around friends or to church (no one does).  It would be absolutely ludicrous to wear a mask to a social gathering, and I've literally never seen a single person do so.

This is how super-spreader events occur.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2020, 07:37:04 PM »

This is from last night.

I agree that you should take precautions when you are going to see older relatives.  I actually got tested just to see my grandma.  In my day to day life, though, I'm mostly coming in contact with other younger people, so I'm not going to stay home for another 6 months.

Well then you’re a selfish destructive prick and I’m not. Grow the hell up man, you live in a developed country in the 21st century, life is good.  Have some perspective. You’re not living in Nazi occupied France or Victorian London. No one is suggesting you stay home for six months, just that you wear a mask, wash your hands, and stay six feet away from people.

I honestly don't think ExtremeRepublican gets it.
And I hope he doesn't have the attitude of "Jesus' blood will protect me," or "Jesus intended for this disease to be here, and we should not be trying to stop it, but allow it to take its deadly course." (There are many stories of people saying these things, including those who will go to a city council meetings and shout such nonsense to government officials.)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2020, 07:39:07 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2020, 07:43:11 PM by ProudModerate2 »

I live alone, and I'm not wearing a mask around friends or to church (no one does).  It would be absolutely ludicrous to wear a mask to a social gathering, and I've literally never seen a single person do so.

OH MY GOD! (pun intended).

beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2020, 07:39:17 PM »

Obviously I'd like him to get better and do not wish for him to die, but it's not exactly like this is surprising considering they were talking for weeks about how the Tulsa rally wasn't a great idea.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2020, 08:05:12 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2020, 08:11:48 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Doctor: The patients are getting younger and are more sick.

CNN's Miguel Marquez goes inside a San Antonio, Texas, hospital that is becoming overwhelmed with patients as the coronavirus pandemic continues to spread.

Click here to watch ... https://us.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/07/02/texas-hospital-crowded-coronavirus-marquez-pkg-newday-vpx.cnn

ExtremeRepublican.
I will leave you with this (click video link above). Please take 11 minutes and watch this video.
It was just released today (or very recently).
Doctors wanted their hospital to be filmed, so that people "get it" and understand the severe problem this Pandemic is having.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2020, 10:55:51 PM »

My friends and I all wore masks so we could meet up, which we did only briefly and with social distancing and only four households met up. I live across from a park and several times a week I'll see groups of people wearing masks and sitting in camping chairs appropriately distanced from each other. Lots of people wear masks if they're going to be social.

Not wearing a mask because you're young and not worried is an extremely selfish thing to do. People should be masked at church, and the churches I am following during the pandemic have had people wearing masks. You can worship, sing, and pray with a mask on. Protecting people is important, even if they're the family of the "just young people" you interact with. In addition, young people can be at risk too.

Please don't be selfish. There's literally no downside to wearing a mask when out nor to only going out when necessary. Getting outside every day for fresh air and exercise and very occasional, careful socialization counts as necessary.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2020, 05:37:10 PM »

This is from last night.

If you want to get technical, you’d severely damage the mental health of the person who hit you.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2020, 05:53:10 PM »

Doctor: The patients are getting younger and are more sick.

CNN's Miguel Marquez goes inside a San Antonio, Texas, hospital that is becoming overwhelmed with patients as the coronavirus pandemic continues to spread.

Click here to watch ... https://us.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/07/02/texas-hospital-crowded-coronavirus-marquez-pkg-newday-vpx.cnn

ExtremeRepublican.
I will leave you with this (click video link above). Please take 11 minutes and watch this video.
It was just released today (or very recently).
Doctors wanted their hospital to be filmed, so that people "get it" and understand the severe problem this Pandemic is having.

I've read that a lot of younger people don't have symptoms show up as much until it's too late (so they don't get it treated earlier) along with viral load making it worse--I wonder if those are behind younger patients getting sicker now.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2020, 06:26:47 PM »

My friends and I all wore masks so we could meet up, which we did only briefly and with social distancing and only four households met up. I live across from a park and several times a week I'll see groups of people wearing masks and sitting in camping chairs appropriately distanced from each other. Lots of people wear masks if they're going to be social.

Not wearing a mask because you're young and not worried is an extremely selfish thing to do. People should be masked at church, and the churches I am following during the pandemic have had people wearing masks. You can worship, sing, and pray with a mask on. Protecting people is important, even if they're the family of the "just young people" you interact with. In addition, young people can be at risk too.

Please don't be selfish. There's literally no downside to wearing a mask when out nor to only going out when necessary. Getting outside every day for fresh air and exercise and very occasional, careful socialization counts as necessary.

Yeah, I really don't get why some people find wearing masks to be such an inconvenience (unless they're being willfully ignorant like Trump's base). Sure, maybe my glasses fog up when I speak, but it really isn't much of a nuisance.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2020, 07:30:18 PM »

Prime example of the mods bias on this website. Clown ass sh**t by privileged white lefties is allowed but anything the right says is censored.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2020, 07:42:01 PM »

Prime example of the mods bias on this website. Clown ass sh**t by privileged white lefties is allowed but anything the right says is censored.

What are you complaining about?
What is so wrong about that comment? "Prime example"?
On the contrary ... your entire post here would better fit the description of "clown a$$ sh**t."
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2020, 08:38:32 PM »

On the contrary ... your entire post here would better fit the description of "clown a$$ sh**t."

What's wrong with wishing harm on someone you don't know from your computer because they have different political views?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2020, 08:44:23 PM »

I stand by exactly what I said and I’d say the same thing if it was a Democrat doing it. What he did isn’t funny, cute, or manly. It was incredibly dangerous, selfish, stupid, and reckless  and he should face the consequences of his actions. I thought republicans were supposed to be about “personal responsibility”. He went out and went to a rally without a mask even though he knows this is a highly infectious, deadly disease. If he were going around beating himself with a baseball bat to see how long it took to get a concussion, then he could do that but he’s not hurting himself, he’s hurting others. I can’t tell you how many people I know who are flight attendants for a certain Atlanta airline that he probably flew on to Tulsa. Why is his life worth more than theirs and their families when they’re just trying to do their jobs but come into contact with selfish assholes like Caine? What about the doctors and nurses caring for him? I hope he gets better but at the same time, he should face consequences for what he did and priority should be given to people who aren’t too arrogant to think the rules don’t apply to them.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2020, 09:14:22 PM »

"mod bias" would be me deleting this clown ass post.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2020, 09:43:09 PM »

What's wrong with wishing harm on someone you don't know from your computer because they have different political views?

That's not a comment about "wishing harm on someone."
It's simply saying "get in the back of the queue" for services.
This is because he did not care about protecting himself, as well as others that he could (and may have) exposed after he contracted the virus.
You are insane.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2020, 10:00:56 PM »

"mod bias" would be me deleting this clown ass post.

Well I wouldn't be surprised. You guys delete anything from a blue avy but let the red avys run wild.

That's not a comment about "wishing harm on someone."
It's simply saying "get in the back of the queue" for services.
This is because he did not care about protecting himself, as well as others that he could (and may have) exposed after he contracted the virus.
You are insane.

Yeah, totally.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2020, 03:43:28 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2020, 03:52:06 AM by Torrain »

A Cain ally says he is improving but there are three caveats here:
1. People often get a lot better, before the disease comes back and sucker punches them around day 10.
2. It is notable that Cain has been hospitalised, given oxygen and placed on a drug regime, suggesting he is a highly symptomatic case, and thus has been infectious for a wee while now (doesn’t bode well for other Tulsa attendees). .
3. Cain has a history of cancer, (Bowel cancer, diagnosed in 2006. Was thought to be stage 4, but managed to beat the odds) which may affect his overall health.

I want the guy to pull through, but I’m just so frustrated. Social distancing was put in place to protect vulnerable people, and as a 75 year old cancer survivor, Cain was exactly the sort of person that we all stayed home to protect. And he waived that protection in the off chance that Trump would give him some publicity.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2020, 06:00:36 AM »

[Bojack Horseman Thoughts & Prayers GIF Here]
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies