Herman Cain Hospitalized
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 10:01:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Herman Cain Hospitalized
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Herman Cain Hospitalized  (Read 1714 times)
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 02, 2020, 01:27:49 PM »

He had tested positive for COVID-19 after attending Trump's Tulsa, OK rally.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/politics/herman-cain-coronavirus/index.html
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 02:00:13 PM »

Wish him well, even though the rally and him attending needs to be criticized in the starkest terms.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 02:16:49 PM »

Why was someone in his seventies at an indoor rally without a mask on? Smfh
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 02:29:20 PM »

Why was someone in his seventies at an indoor rally without a mask on? Smfh
Because he's an idiot.
GM Team Member and Acting PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 02:38:22 PM »

I only feel slightly bad for posting this
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 02:50:50 PM »

Hope he recovers. Being hospitalized with COVID-19 at that age is very serious.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 02:53:22 PM »

I hope his ass gets put at the bottom of the ventilator list.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 03:37:11 PM »

Tulsa may go down as one of the biggest gaffes in recent Presidential politics.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 03:59:10 PM »

No need for these comments
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 04:03:35 PM »

No need for these comments

I don’t wish sickness on anyone but at the same time, he was incredibly dumb and reckless. Actions have consequences and he went to a huge indoor event and didn’t wear a mask.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 04:08:03 PM »

Am I supposed to say something nice?
He and people like him downplayed the virus, why should we suddenly forget that now that he is sick?

All I will say is that I hope he didn’t spread it to innocent civilians.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 04:17:03 PM »

He and people like him downplayed the virus, why should we suddenly forget that now that he is sick?

This is from last night.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 04:35:36 PM »

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 05:30:38 PM »

I’ll never forget when he said, “China has indicated that they want to develop nuclear capabilities.”
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2020, 05:39:26 PM »

You guys are bad people.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2020, 05:40:46 PM »

You’d say the same if he was a Democrat. Let not fool ourselves
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2020, 05:42:29 PM »

You’d say the same if he was a Democrat. Let not fool ourselves
No, no I wouldn’t.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2020, 06:08:57 PM »

It's almost a microcosmic metaphor for Trump's treatment of the black community in general.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2020, 06:20:50 PM »

Herman Cain is a great man.  The only "stupid games" I'm seeing here is this virus daring to take down a cultural and intellectual giant.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 06:25:12 PM »

Don't worry, he's covered by the best healthcare plan there is out there: 9-9-9.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2020, 06:26:05 PM »

This is from last night.

Just because you happen to get sick and get a semi-severe illness does not inherently have to mean that you agree with a "stop the virus at all costs" approach.  He may have recognized the risk but prioritized living a normal life with increased risk over certain changes to his life to lower risk.  I don't understand why that is so foreign to so many people.  The point of life is not just "don't die".

Anyway, what we need to do is pray for him.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2020, 06:39:15 PM »

This is from last night.

Just because you happen to get sick and get a semi-severe illness does not inherently have to mean that you agree with a "stop the virus at all costs" approach.  He may have recognized the risk but prioritized living a normal life with increased risk over certain changes to his life to lower risk.  I don't understand why that is so foreign to so many people.  The point of life is not just "don't die".

WRONG.  WRONG.  WRONG.

If Cain, or other people who ignore precautions, were risking only their own health, I would agree with you.  But they're not.  This is a highly infectious disease, and one that carries a significant risk of dying or of long-term harm to your body.  Not taking precautions willfully risks EVERY ONE else they come into contact with, and every one else those people come into contact with, and so on and so on.  People who engage in such risky behavior are willfully risking those other people as well -- which they DO NOT have a moral right to do.

100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2020, 06:47:32 PM »

This is from last night.

WRONG.  WRONG.  WRONG.

If Cain, or other people who ignore precautions, were risking only their own health, I would agree with you.  But they're not.  This is a highly infectious disease, and one that carries a significant risk of dying or of long-term harm to your body.  Not taking precautions willfully risks EVERY ONE else they come into contact with, and every one else those people come into contact with, and so on and so on.  People who engage in such risky behavior are willfully risking those other people as well -- which they DO NOT have a moral right to do.

Wouldn't you say that, when you go to a rally, to a restaurant, to church, or to a gathering with friends that everyone there has voluntarily taken the increased risk of being there?  The only place I see your argument as having water is for something essential, like a grocery store or medical care.  But, that wasn't what was being discussed here.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2020, 06:58:35 PM »

This is from last night.

WRONG.  WRONG.  WRONG.

Wouldn't you say that, when you go to a rally, to a restaurant, to church, or to a gathering with friends that everyone there has voluntarily taken the increased risk of being there?  The only place I see your argument as having water is for something essential, like a grocery store or medical care.  But, that wasn't what was being discussed here.

You are missing my point.  If all the rally attendees could only infect each other, that's their problem; I'd consider it natural selection in action.  I'm talking about the innocent victims -- everyone else in their families and communities that they went home to and potentially exposed after they attended a high-risk situation.  Those people did NOT knowingly accept the risk.  The goal is to try and slow the spread of the disease through the general population, which is something that the U.S. seems to be failing miserably at.

Here's an analogy: suppose a few people want to get together and race their cars.  If they have a private track to do it on, it's at their own risk and I'd have no problem with it.  And if they have some friends who come by to watch, those friends are also accepting some risk of a car veering off into the audience.  That's in line with the acceptance of personal risk that you discuss.  But what if they decided to do it on a public highway?  Then they're risking everyone else traveling on the highway, without the consent of those other travelers.  I'm sure you'd agree that this would be wrong.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2020, 07:21:40 PM »

This is from last night.

You’re delusional and don’t ever call yourself “pro-life” ever again. If I decided to go out tomorrow and play an irl game of Frogger on the downtown connecter in Atlanta, I’d be as stupid and reckless as Caine but I’d only be playing with fire in regards to myself. Internal bleeding and bruising aren’t contagious, COVID is. It’d be okay if he did stupid, reckless stuff if it only affected him but it doesn’t. He asked for this but everyone he’s ever come in contact with didn’t . Their family and friends who may have medical issues didn’t ask for it either. He’s being selfish and cruel. Life will go on but for right now, we need to make sacrifices for each other. I was supposed to go to Japan, where I’ve wanted to go my whole life last month but I didn’t get to. I’m 26, if I get COVID I’ll be fine but if my grandparents did, they’d die because they’re in their 70s and I don’t want to give it to them. Japan will be there when a vaccine is developed but I can’t replace my grandparents.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies