The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:50:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 ... 128
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168420 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2525 on: April 21, 2023, 08:38:36 PM »

A violation of norms would be making an accusation without evidence, not saying that passing particular legislation could make you responsible for the repercussions.

Several things going on here.
1. lawmakers are effectively co-workers, and such sharp words about coworkers would generally be punished in some way in most workplaces. There's a reason members of Congress are not allowed to do this sort of thing to their colleagues - it can be destructive to the doing of business if it is permitted without limit. This is not something that is universally held against one side or faction or a universal shield for the other.
2. lawmakers, since they represent constituents, have to balance this, where there is conflicts, with acting on behalf of their constituents, however they see that as being done best. This is, after all, representative democracy.
3. there is a huge clash here between the youngs overall and olds overall on this, though I would argue young conservatives are likely, if anything, generally more hardline on this than their older counterparts. In any case, Zooey Zephyr certainly has a very interesting life backstory.

I personally think Marjorie Taylor Greene is a bigot, demagogue, and a trashy woman overall. But if I was elected to Congress, I would not be allowed to use such words about her on the House floor, and the same would be true in reverse. I would be forced to use weasel words. Perhaps I could put that in a Tweet, but I could certainly not use that in a speech from a podium on the House floor.

Believe it or not, absolute freedom to say whatever you want about any of your colleagues as a member of a legislative body, on the floor of said legislative body, is a right that does not exist. And if it did, then all sense of cohesion and unity in the body could go to die.
Saying that voting for a bill that bans trans kids from potentially life saving care would mean having blood on your hands is not particularly extreme when it comes to this sort of issue.

Except life saving care isn't what is being discussed.

You don't get to determine that. If a particular issue can effect a person's mental state enough for them to want to do harm to themselves then whatever care that could reasonably help deter that would be life saving. If a transgender person is having a breakdown over not being able to transition then access to care to transition is life saving. No one is saying that not being able to transition by itself will physically kill someone, but not being able to do so can cause mental anguish that could lead to suicide.

In the medical field, life saving care has an actual meaning. And not a single thing that falls under "gender affirming care" also falls under what is actually life saving care.

Wow, you're a doctor, I didn't know that. Neither am I, but I'm smart enough to know that gender affirming care can be life saving. Not every transgender person is going to be suicidal, but some will be. If you don't understand that then you shouldn't be a doctor.

Once again, not how actual life saving care works. But at least you admit you have no clue what you're talking about.

As a doctor you should know that saving lives isn't all about curing diseases or illnesses or life saving surgery. Gender affirming care is life saving for many transgender individuals, period. That's not something that you can speak on because that's not your experience and you refuse to be understanding of other's experiences. I'm not transgender, but I have read about how transgender people are affected.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2526 on: April 21, 2023, 10:32:34 PM »

They know better but are still Republicans, which is even worse. Being a Republican is immoral. Being a right winger or conservative is not immoral, but identifying as a member of that political party specifically in 2023 is extremely morally dubious, at this point.

They're usually even bigger sickos than non-college Republicans. Blood-suckers who hate the poor with a passion.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2527 on: April 22, 2023, 12:59:38 AM »

They know better but are still Republicans, which is even worse. Being a Republican is immoral. Being a right winger or conservative is not immoral, but identifying as a member of that political party specifically in 2023 is extremely morally dubious, at this point.

They're usually even bigger sickos than non-college Republicans. Blood-suckers who hate the poor with a passion.

We apparently need to make a new thread for you entitled " truths too close to home for me to feel comfortable with".
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2528 on: April 22, 2023, 07:36:33 AM »

There is no scenario in which purely elective treatments that a patient will still very easily live without obtaining could be considered life saving care. Not being able to get, or delaying when someone is able to get puberty blockers/hormones/top or bottom surgeries isn't going to kill anyone. If someone were to commit suicide for those reasons, it's not the lack of medical care that killed them.

So you wouldn't call anti-depressants life-saving medication?

No, and by definition, they aren't.

Now for something that actually belongs here rather than just stuff that offends a snowflakes sensibilities.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2529 on: May 13, 2023, 12:07:58 PM »

https://newrepublic.com/post/172571/starbucks-closing-stores-main-union-stronghold

Last year, Ithaca, New York, became the first town in the country where every Starbucks worker was unionized. Now, by the end of the month, Starbucks will have forcibly shut down all three of its unionized Ithaca locations.

The company announced its intention to close Ithaca’s two remaining stores (in a town in which a large chunk of the population is caffeinated college students) on Friday.

Wonderful news, 100% unironically. I do troll a bit regarding Amazon unions(I don't hate them that much) but Starbucks unions are incredibly dangerous. Poorly paid workers who are relatively educated that unionize can be the vanguard of a communist revolution. All efforts must be undertaken to eradicate Starbucks unions.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2530 on: May 13, 2023, 02:27:46 PM »

The Prez races are over Rassy has Trump at 52 in Primary And Biden at 52 at Prez and Rs need AZ or VA and they thought VA was vulnerable due to YOUNGKIN and that's not true Biden is leading Trump 48/41 in VA so it's over, MI, WI and PA or CO or NV aren't flipped
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2531 on: May 13, 2023, 03:19:36 PM »

We apparently need to make a new thread for you entitled " truths too close to home for me to feel comfortable with".

This is Badger, sub silentio, calling for Atlas to be an Echo Chamber.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2532 on: May 13, 2023, 06:55:40 PM »

Barbara Lee is gonna be the next Senator from California she is going the way of Karen Bass
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2533 on: May 18, 2023, 04:26:05 PM »

The 14th amendment argument is the subject of a court case, not a Senate vote. If Biden goes there, it appears that it will be an uphill battle. The point made is that defaulting on debt is not the same as denying its validity (which would be like renouncing your mortgage and thereby increasing the equity in your home.

Here is a squib on the subject.

https://reason.com/volokh/2023/05/15/the-eternal-recurrence-of-debt-ceiling-debates/
The sad thing here is that the editorial farts of half wit Reason magazine contributors will have more influence on the Supreme Court’s thinking than any actual legal argument.

Let them. Let Barret, Gorsuch, Thomas, Alito, and diddler singlehandedly destroy the financial backbone of Western Civilization.

Dems are clearly more concerned with allowing terrible things to happen so they can blame the other side, than they are preventing them so people's lives aren't ruined
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2534 on: May 18, 2023, 05:08:36 PM »

I don't quote silly post but Rs think that's it's only a 303map Katie Couric says Kay Hagen def Dole she only been to the state 13* the 93 Rd most effective Senstor after the RH Debt Ceiling proposal that's how Americans feel about the R party average Biden lead 3 pts 7 pts on Morning Consult, it's RV but still it's a bad sign for Rs after they released that silly RH Debt Ceiling increase that's never gonna get passed

Filibuster proof Trifecta scorecard

Lean D AZ, OH, MT
Tossup TX and MO
Wish list FL, WV
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2535 on: May 23, 2023, 03:11:53 PM »

The only distinction between "fringe" Xtian sects like Mormonism/Scientology/Jehovahs/whatever and "muhMainstream" Jeebus-worship is roughly two thousand years of institutional indocotrination.

And you just followed what your parents were doing.  If your parents worshipped, say, a cheeseburger, there is a 90% probability you too will also be worshipping a cheeseburger.

But at the end of the day, it's really all the same thing.  

Class dismissed.  

Side note: When atheists say things like "Jeebus" do they realize just how silly and ridiculous they sound? It's on the same tier as things like "Drumpf" and "Let's go Brandon"
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2536 on: May 31, 2023, 01:08:42 PM »

I agree with this. Trump should not be a citizen. He should go back to Germany where he came from and become Drumpf again.
This is like the single most painfully unfunny anti-Trump post I've ever read anywhere...for a second I actually wished I was a Trump supporter so I could at least laugh at it for the sheer stupidity and lameness instead of cringing as badly as I did. Yikes.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2537 on: May 31, 2023, 01:35:53 PM »

Starting to think OSR's support for DeSantis is a psyop targeting me specifically

What is the purpose of DeSantis trying to primary Trump? Usually, primaries are supposed to give voters a choice of two different candidates.

Cause DeSantis actually cares about getting conservative policy passed and can explain how he wants to do it while Trump support is mostly about “Trigger the libs”.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2538 on: May 31, 2023, 01:57:08 PM »

I know it's way out of context but...
"I actually wished I was a Trump supporter..."

Now that's funny Smiley
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2539 on: June 01, 2023, 05:02:44 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2023, 05:08:01 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Frank Sinatra had ties to MAFIA  David Duke and kKK and Mafia and Proud Boys are all in Trump closet and Hoover missed all the clues how JFK and Bobby Kennedy, Malcolm X and Dr King got assassinated because he also had ties to KGB in Russia

It all makes sense now

IT WASNT ALL LEE HARVEY OSWALD FAULT I really didn't acknowledge that until today so when you idealize Frank Sinatra think of that he isn't Bing Crosby but during I love Lucy because it was Pre Cuban Missile Crisis when she married Cuban Ricky Ricardo they act like George Oswell, Orson Wells  and Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra were all the same, but she married Ricky Ricardo Cuba like Russia were our allies during WW II
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2540 on: June 01, 2023, 02:06:30 PM »

Dan and I from last Sunday morning to Monday evening traveled from Hoboken, NJ to 4 of the 5 counties (Pike, Monroe, Lackawanna and Monroe - all except Luzerne) in PA-08, touring 8 houses, and then had dinner in Port Jervis, and ended up in Hudson at 9 pm. My Geico Insurance driving score went down driving the crazy roads in the Poconos (hard turns and all). We stayed Sunday night in Milford, PA (cute as a button little Pike County seat town (1,200 people), and saw the Memorial Day parade down the main street the next morning while eating breakfast.

It was interesting to savor the various cultural vibes each lake resort community exuded. One of them I suspect even voted for Biden (understated tasteful elegance). It seems that in addition to summer homes and recreation, the main industry is the federal prison in Lords Valley for bad ass violent criminals. We met a lady who worked as a psych tech for the prison, a chef, and a case worker.  I asked the psych tech if she felt she did any good. She said absolutely not, and the prisoners were very skilled in lying to her. Therapy is not for everyone I guess.

Are you sure you wanted to post in this thread? Wink
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2541 on: June 01, 2023, 02:07:41 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2023, 02:14:14 PM by Torie »

No, but hey, maybe it is best.  Sunglasses
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2542 on: June 01, 2023, 08:24:14 PM »

Biden still leads Trump and DeSantis by landslide margins and some still think it's only a 303 map lol
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2543 on: June 04, 2023, 03:49:18 PM »

What’s next? Are they going to rename the airport in the Las Vegas metropolitan area again just because Harry Reid made a comment about Obama’s accent or they dug up some questionable quotes or tweets of his?
Hilarious to act like renaming a base named after a confederate general who probably owned slaves is equivalent to renaming a base named after a guy who made a comment about a black guy's accent once.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #2544 on: June 04, 2023, 10:55:13 PM »

Saying that being a member of one of two major political parties makes you automatically immoral is a delusional, asocial and absurd thing to say.  Not surprised you agree with it.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #2545 on: June 04, 2023, 11:43:48 PM »

Everyone is running to Trump’s left
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #2546 on: June 05, 2023, 12:38:07 AM »

As for Trans Kids getting "kicked out" of their homes:  How many of these kids are "kicked out" not for "being trans", but for behaviors such as drug abuse, dysfunctional sexual behaviors carried out in the home, and other dysfunctional behaviors that keep the home in turmoil?

Few posts on this forum truly qualify as Satanic, but this one most certainly bears the mark of the beast.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2547 on: June 05, 2023, 08:11:01 AM »
« Edited: June 05, 2023, 08:20:16 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

We now know why Mario Cuomo didn't run against Bill Clinton for the D nomination but instead Andrew Cuomo ran as his HUD SEC BILL CLINTON MAFIA TIES

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2014/12/mario-cuomo-and-those-mob-rumors.html

FRANK SINATRA DIED IN 1998 AND WAS AN FDR REAGAN D DURING NAZI ERA BUT TURNED NIXON R

Mario Cuomo should of been the nominee he would have crushed Clinton or helped Jerry Brown def Clinton we got 12 yrs of R rule in the Congress due to Lewinsky and Bush W Prez and Waterboard innocent Iraqis

I still believe that Bin Laden was killed in Tora Bora and Al Zawawi whom was much closer to Pakistanis killed Bhutto it's been too long without a Terrorist attack after 911 and Bin Laden was certainly sophisticated enough to carry one out on US soil, if Govt hid Mafia ties to Kennedys from us

It's the FBI, CIA and DOJ inside the WH why is GA and NY Prosecutor of Trump moving faster than J6 and Docugate Cover up
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2548 on: June 05, 2023, 02:33:50 PM »

Saying that being a member of one of two major political parties makes you automatically immoral is a delusional, asocial and absurd thing to say.  Not surprised you agree with it.

The Republican Party is a group that supports evil policies. What other conclusions are we supposed to draw about the character of people who are members of that party?

I don't know why you and so many others hold this assumption commonly held beliefs are somehow incapable of being classified as evil.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2549 on: June 05, 2023, 05:31:02 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2023, 05:49:40 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Saying that being a member of one of two major political parties makes you automatically immoral is a delusional, asocial and absurd thing to say.  Not surprised you agree with it.

The Republican Party is a group that supports evil policies. What other conclusions are we supposed to draw about the character of people who are members of that party?

I don't know why you and so many others hold this assumption commonly held beliefs are somehow incapable of being classified as evil.

Frank Sinatra was a Reagan D turned Nixon R they were all Ds during the FDR and the Nazis era but turned R after FDR def Nazis

The Mafia had two factions the Frank Sinatra and Jack Ruby side and the Lee Harvey Oswald side that wanted Kennedy DEAD obviously, Frank Sinatra and Jack Ruby didn't want JFK DEAD

The Mafia and Rs did get into power once Kennedys were killed but they lack power now why because tax cuts for the Rich with Grover Norquist in a Great Recession era aren't popular

The blk Panthers had the Farrakhan faction and the Malcolm X factions, RFK isn't gonna get the nomination because he praised Tucker Carlson a Russian COLLUSION

Mario Cuomo didn't run for Prez in 1992 because of his Mob ties and his son Andrew sexually harassed women like Mafia style and div Kerry Kennedy and had kids by her

There you have it

The Mafia wanted Kennedys dead and Marilyn Monroe because they had secret affairs the GODFATHER, JFK WAS KILLED MAFIA STYLE SO HE DIDN'T SURVIVE

He was DEAD ALREADY BEFORE HE WENT TO HOSPITAL HE HAD NO BRAIN MATTER IN HIS ☠️

If you give tax cuts for rich you are gonna has some MAFIA TIES LIKE RS HAVE WITH FRANK SINATRA AND REAGAN THEY HORDE MONEY, just like Giuliani didn't win in 2008 because of Bernie Kerrick

Obviously, we don't hear Reagan and Johnny Carson and Frank Sinatra now they are DEAD

Ds had Robin Williams and Christopher Reeve now Chris Matthews

When a Political party can't win with 61% of the white vote and gets only 9% it's not viable because migrants are the future wait til after 24 we will have a Secular Congress, FL, TN, TX and MO and NC and OH are in play due to Rs getting 9% of the blk vote
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 ... 128  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies