The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 02:02:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 173228 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: August 04, 2021, 04:23:14 PM »

Last year when Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and New Year's were canceled, our overlords said not to worry, because everything would be normal this year.

But now they're saying it'll probably all be canceled this year too.

I don't have the articles handy, but I saw this a week or two ago.

People are getting unhinged with both the gaslighting and citing sources they conveniently can't supply.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1276 on: August 06, 2021, 11:15:15 AM »

Disgusting piece of trash with no redeeming qualities.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1277 on: August 11, 2021, 07:15:22 AM »

Hilarious that the most extreme Delta doomer in this thread is now someone named "CentristRepublican," should we change the thread title now?
His comments are not anything near being an "extreme Delta doomer."
Any no where did he say he wants "masks and restrictions forever" (the actual thread title you make light of).
Learn to read.
His only contributions to this thread in this thread are condescendingly telling us that he's socially distancing and masking and everyone else who isn't is an idiot, doubting the effectiveness of vaccines by overexaggerating the dangers of breakthrough cases due to his own paranoia, and putting his ignorance about viral diseases on full display by not knowing that the flu is deadly. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as a "doomer."

Besides, as you pointed out already, my only other contribution is this thread is pointing out what a ridiculous premise this question is since it's an overexaggeration and mask authoritians exist on all sides of the political spectrum and I was merely pointing out how it was funny that both the OP and CentristRepublican are both self described moderate Republicans.

So I think you and your friend are the ones who actually need to learn how to read.

A lot of "self described moderate Republicans" on here are actually communists.  This might cause a stir but hear me out. The word "liberal" implies you're for personal and economic freedoms.  The mask cult is not for either.  Advocating for control of businesses and personal affairs before 2020 would have been an insane fringe position.  Normalizing it has caused nothing but trouble.  Time to call it what it is — communism.  If you support lockdowns and mask mandates, you are advocating for communism.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1278 on: August 11, 2021, 01:06:54 PM »

A new study conducted by the Mayo Clinic indicates that the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine has substantially reduced protection against Delta, down to 42%, while Moderna has held up better, at 76%. One can choose to take the viewpoint that breakthrough infections are nothing to worry about as long as it doesn't result in hospitalization, but it now must be acknowledged that breakthrough infections are not rare fluke events and that the vaccines do not make one safe against COVID-19 infection.

In July, vaccine effectiveness against hospitalization has remained high (mRNA-1273: 81%, 95% CI: 33-96.3%; BNT162b2: 75%, 95% CI: 24-93.9%), but effectiveness against infection was lower for both vaccines (mRNA-1273: 76%, 95% CI: 58-87%; BNT162b2: 42%, 95% CI: 13-62%), with a more pronounced reduction for BNT162b2.

Here mRNA-1273 = Moderna, BNT162b2 = Pfizer/BioNTech.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.06.21261707v2

Which is why masks need to be mandated for the time being.  The vaccines are great, but their effectiveness is waning with more variants popping up.  We need more measures, besides just vaccines, to combat this virus.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #1279 on: August 12, 2021, 03:42:12 PM »

Franco shoots and rapes his way across Andalusia to destroy judeo-bolshevism.

Wow, says blue avatar, i think this man is two points two high on the y axis of the political conpass!!

If you bothered to read this thread, you’d know I was talking about authoritarianism compared to Trump. Both are authoritarians, Franco indisputably moreso, but Franco was also more competent, and cared about his population more.

Also, Lincoln arguably shot and raped his way through the Southern United States.

Also, “Judeo-Bolshevism”? Really?

Yes really Franco absolutely believes that Jews and Masons were behind international communism. Franco’s competency is arguably a bad thing, as he competently  implemented a fascist regime.

Also your little lost cause thing was noticed.

In what way was Franco’s war tactics different than Lincoln’s?

Also, Franco dropped fascism after WW2, realizing what it did in Germany and Italy, and didn’t persecute the Jews anymore than any other European regime.

I feel like you’re salty towards me because I said I didn’t think you were too special of a poster. No hard feelings, dude.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1280 on: August 12, 2021, 07:31:30 PM »

Franco shoots and rapes his way across Andalusia to destroy judeo-bolshevism.

Wow, says blue avatar, i think this man is two points two high on the y axis of the political conpass!!

If you bothered to read this thread, you’d know I was talking about authoritarianism compared to Trump. Both are authoritarians, Franco indisputably moreso, but Franco was also more competent, and cared about his population more.

Also, Lincoln arguably shot and raped his way through the Southern United States.

Also, “Judeo-Bolshevism”? Really?

Yes really Franco absolutely believes that Jews and Masons were behind international communism. Franco’s competency is arguably a bad thing, as he competently  implemented a fascist regime.

Also your little lost cause thing was noticed.

In what way was Franco’s war tactics different than Lincoln’s?

Also, Franco dropped fascism after WW2, realizing what it did in Germany and Italy, and didn’t persecute the Jews anymore than any other European regime.

I feel like you’re salty towards me because I said I didn’t think you were too special of a poster. No hard feelings, dude.

Education sucks in this country.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1281 on: August 12, 2021, 10:35:07 PM »

Why even bring up fascism? It killed by far the fewest out of the 20th century's ideologies.

I do wonder if people who obsess over fascism/nazism are lowkey white supremacists since I guess russian/chinese dead from communism or the even larger amount of third world dead due to the chaos caused by poorly-handled decolonization pushed by the US don't seem to matter. >_>
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1282 on: August 12, 2021, 11:14:24 PM »

honestly you could justify anything you want if you somehow pull off a gore victory... man was as unelectable as mcgovern imo

lewinsky scandal making democrats turn out for partisan reason and the gop running a barely literate religious fruitcake is why gore got north of 150 electoral votes and might have gotten more popular votes
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1283 on: August 13, 2021, 11:47:06 AM »

Identifying solely as a white person in this country puts you at a disadvantage in pretty much all aspects of your life - whether it be employment, scholarships, and the list goes on.  You'd be foolish to continue doing so if you have any asperations.  I'd advise my children of that too.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1284 on: August 13, 2021, 02:11:07 PM »

From a user who has “improved greatly”, lol.

It seems that New Hampshire (Chris Sununu), Nevada (Adam Laxalt), Arizona (Mark Brnovich), and Georgia (Herschel Walker) are guaranteed pickups for the Republicans
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #1285 on: August 14, 2021, 05:52:49 AM »

We should taken the Hiroshima and Nagasaki approach with the Taliban.

Drop a nuke on Kandahar if they don't turn over Bin Laden within twenty-four hours, then after another twenty-four hours drop a nuke on Mazar-i-Sharif. Repeat with other Afghan cities until Bin Laden is turned over.

Instead of invading Iraq, which was not responsible at all, go to war against an actually guilty party-Saudi Arabia.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1286 on: August 15, 2021, 04:47:34 PM »

China doesn't have any troops stationed in Muslim holy sites/arming Israel. What reasoning would terrorists have for suddenly waging jihad against China lol, especially when they're busy having a war with who they view as "infidel occupiers in Palestine and Saudi Arabia.

Maybe because they're imprisoning millions of their Muslim population into concentration camps, violating their human rights and trying to indoctrinate them.

Is that actually happening, though, or is it just a right-wing plot to make Americans hate China?

The Democrats are going to lose the House by a wide margin, and Speaker McCarthy will make sure that Biden and Harris are imprisoned, thus becoming President.

It almost feels like cheating to include SnowLabrador's posts on here.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1287 on: August 16, 2021, 08:11:53 PM »

They will increase because Americans are extremely selfish people who would rather spend money here than spend it abroad helping Afghans.
Are we supposed to ignore American citizens in favor of Afghan citizens? What country puts other countries first?

Honestly my answer to this is yes. I'm an internationalist, who views the world as one community, and Americans are already very privileged compared to the rest of the world. Foreign aid spent in the third world is much more morally superior than money spent here.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1288 on: August 16, 2021, 11:58:42 PM »

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1289 on: August 17, 2021, 03:18:14 AM »

you could end all this panic by just forcing journalists to stop talking about it and getting rid of government/corporate rules related to it

why keep the hysteria going?

Just bury your head in the sand and yell as loudly as you can and pretend it's not reality because it goes against your narrative is literally all these people have left.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1290 on: August 19, 2021, 12:26:16 AM »

Let's just put both of these here:

yes. the msm needs to be imprisoned.

weve got lots of nice desert in arizona or tundra in alaska to build internment camps to hold journalists

"democracy" and "functioning" are incompatible

just ask a resident of venezuela or zimbabwe or an elderly german jew who remembers 1933-45 how well democracy works

Pro-Israel, anti-Bibi
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1291 on: August 19, 2021, 09:41:36 PM »

The immediate response from OSR is the ignorant comment.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1292 on: August 19, 2021, 10:40:57 PM »

Yeah, I probably was thinking too small with just Rushmore. They'll also be recarving the Statue of Liberty into Biden one day, as well as the Christ the Redeemer Statue and maybe even painting over the Mona Lisa with his face.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1293 on: August 20, 2021, 12:26:28 AM »

Gretchen Whitmer.  Then Newsom.

DeSantis is the best Governor.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #1294 on: August 20, 2021, 12:51:21 AM »

Biden should ordered CNN HQ shutdown and have Jake Tapper, Chris Cuomo and others arrested for inciting chaos.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #1295 on: August 21, 2021, 03:48:02 PM »

America is the dominant economic, cultural, scientific, and military power in the world.  Our ideas of geopolitical morality have dominated the global conversation for over a century since Wilson's Fourteen Points.  The Apollo Program, the Manhattan Project, the invention of the internet, our victories in WW2 and the Cold War, and the eradication/mitigation of most deadly diseases, are all tremendous accomplishments that will still be studied and talked about 1,000 years from now.  We have built most of the engineering marvels of the modern world, including the Hoover Dam, the Panama Canal, the transcontinental railroad, the interstate highway system, the Golden Gate Bridge and (until 1998) all the world's skyscrapers. We have the highest standard of living in the world[/b] and continue to push the envelope on what that even means. We take civil rights more seriously than any other nation in the worldand continue to use our global influence to force other nations to follow our lead, improving life for billions of people around the globe.

Yes, we are a great country.  Four years of having used toilet paper for a president doesn't change that.

You know people think I hate the US, which is untrue, there's a lot to like and dislike, but this is delusional.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1296 on: August 21, 2021, 04:00:11 PM »

Until the part about highest standard of living in the world he isn’t especially wrong.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #1297 on: August 21, 2021, 04:15:26 PM »

Until the part about highest standard of living in the world he isn’t especially wrong.

All the world’s skyscrapers until 1998? Granted it’s not egregious in terms of the overall point he’s making, just bizarrely straight-up factually incorrect.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #1298 on: August 21, 2021, 04:46:16 PM »

America is the dominant economic, cultural, scientific, and military power in the world.  Our ideas of geopolitical morality have dominated the global conversation for over a century since Wilson's Fourteen Points.  The Apollo Program, the Manhattan Project, the invention of the internet, our victories in WW2 and the Cold War, and the eradication/mitigation of most deadly diseases, are all tremendous accomplishments that will still be studied and talked about 1,000 years from now.  We have built most of the engineering marvels of the modern world, including the Hoover Dam, the Panama Canal, the transcontinental railroad, the interstate highway system, the Golden Gate Bridge and (until 1998) all the world's skyscrapers. We have the highest standard of living in the world[/b] and continue to push the envelope on what that even means. We take civil rights more seriously than any other nation in the worldand continue to use our global influence to force other nations to follow our lead, improving life for billions of people around the globe.

Yes, we are a great country.  Four years of having used toilet paper for a president doesn't change that.

You know people think I hate the US, which is untrue, there's a lot to like and dislike, but this is delusional.

It’s amusing in that it’s regurgitating the sort of mindless, jingoistic propaganda that we tend to think to stereotype the Americans of spouting off when we want to think the worst of Americans. Luckily there are enough thoughtful posters on here to mean that is obviously not the case. But wow was it why it eye opening to realize that there are actually people like that. Pretty sad to be so brainwashed that you can ever admit your country might have flaws.
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #1299 on: August 21, 2021, 04:50:55 PM »

I think GMAC's point is broadly not a bad one, and it isn't inconsistent with seeing flaws in America. It's just that given who wrote, it couldn't escape from being at the same time extremely unctuous and grating in that way that the worst sort of American jingoism can be.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies