America rapidly diversifying, white population slowly shrinking
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 10:22:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  America rapidly diversifying, white population slowly shrinking
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: America rapidly diversifying, white population slowly shrinking  (Read 2366 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2021, 01:58:38 PM »

Some people say that it does not mean much, because some Latinos may identify as white and demographics is not always destiny.......a lot of Latinos in Florida and Texas lean Republican, they don't like crime and they are not sold on Black Lives Matter, so....

Where do we go with this?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 02:11:54 PM »

Eventually, latinos will be split up so people think the white population isn't dying
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 02:16:27 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2021, 02:32:46 PM by SR GARBIEL BORIC »

Eventually, latinos will be split up so people think the white population isn't dying

“Eventually, Italians will be added in so people think the white population isn’t dying.”
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 02:20:10 PM »

I don't you think that you should add unnecessary comments, just leave the title as it is
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 02:25:17 PM »

Sure: I went from white in 2010 to 'other' in 2020. Many such cases.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2021, 02:28:28 PM »

Relevant reading: https://prospect.org/civil-rights/likely-persistence-white-majority/
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 02:30:43 PM »

“Eventually, Italians will be added in so people think the white population isn’t dying”.
Benjamin Franklin would be shocked to hear that of our executive and legislative branch leadership we only have one non-swarthy person (McConnell)*

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2008/02/swarthy-germans/48324/

* - I'm assuming that he lumps Irish into the swarthy category
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2021, 02:32:25 PM »

Why stop there? Add some black people into the mix too. I can find a full white ancestor before some Latinos.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2021, 02:39:44 PM »

“Eventually, Italians will be added in so people think the white population isn’t dying”.
Benjamin Franklin would be shocked to hear that of our executive and legislative branch leadership we only have one non-swarthy person (McConnell)*

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what the obviously objectionable term means, but it seems odd for an English person to call Germans and Swedes “swarthy,” lol…
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2021, 02:41:45 PM »

U sound pretty racist here Brah no bueno in my book. race is a societal construct anyway so I don't see why it matters. Don't be racist bro, be better.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2021, 02:43:51 PM »

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what the obviously objectionable term means, but it seems odd for an English person to call Germans and Swedes “swarthy,” lol…
Oh I agree, it's pretty crazy-sounding but it is an interesting look at racial theories before the 19th century.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2021, 03:02:14 PM »

It’s no wonder as to why. Poverty is a proximate cause, with many self-identified White people being saddled with debt and addiction and untreated mental problems. It’s also no wonder that these same White people would seek immediate amelioration for their problems, and seek to place the blame for their poor conditions on some external factor.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2021, 03:40:18 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2021, 06:44:22 PM by GP270watch »

It’s no wonder as to why. Poverty is a proximate cause, with many self-identified White people being saddled with debt and addiction and untreated mental problems. It’s also no wonder that these same White people would seek immediate amelioration for their problems, and seek to place the blame for their poor conditions on some external factor.

There are parts of White America where there is an economic deterioration leading to deaths of despair, that should not be taken trivially and it's heartbreaking but it's also a recent phenomenon. The excess Black mortality on the other hand has been happening for decades due to racist laws and practices, economic conditions, and the same deindustrialization that first affected Black Americans and this reality has never been given much sympathy.  

But there are other reasons the white population is shrinking, primarily they're old and dying, they're also better off and white women are having less kids. But in reality the birth deficit is actually higher in percentage terms for minorities because minority Latina and Black women have been going from having more kids to less kids as these women get more educated and more prosperous where this was already the reality in most of White America.

The number of White Americans is also not growing in a direct way with immigration from Europe because Europeans don't want or need to come here. The white population of Americans will grow by identity as Hispanics and Asian marry and adopt white identity. This is already happening.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2021, 03:45:03 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2021, 03:57:10 PM by GP270watch »

Identifying solely as a white person in this country puts you at a disadvantage in pretty much all aspects of your life - whether it be employment, scholarships, and the list goes on.  You'd be foolish to continue doing so if you have any asperations.  I'd advise my children of that too.

This is complete nonsense.

You should be ashamed for posting such lies. White women have been the biggest benefactor of equal opportunity employment and education funding. So that alone sinks this misinformed theory you have. Secondly every stat we have shows that white people enjoy a tremendous racial advantage to life outcomes in every field where data is collected and furthermore much of that is the direct result of racist policies towards Black Americans. The racial wealth gap that is almost exclusively the result of racist Federal housing policy is the biggest and clearest example of this.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2021, 04:26:06 PM »

Northern Europeans often have sandy undertones to their skin, whereas British people more often have pinkish undertones. A pretty fine difference now of course but like all things it would seem alien if you weren’t used to it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2021, 04:35:14 PM »

Is it just me, or does bronz have an obsession with race?
It seems the majority of threads created by this user hover or relate to race.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2021, 05:30:46 PM »

Northern Europeans often have sandy undertones to their skin, whereas British people more often have pinkish undertones. A pretty fine difference now of course but like all things it would seem alien if you weren’t used to it.

No, both complexions were (are) common across Northern Europe, of which Great Britain is absolutely part of, with no significant difference based on nationality either current or historic. Put your callipers back in their box.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2021, 05:51:23 PM »

Identifying solely as a white person in this country puts you at a disadvantage in pretty much all aspects of your life - whether it be employment, scholarships, and the list goes on.  You'd be foolish to continue doing so if you have any asperations.  I'd advise my children of that too.

Please for the love of god tell me this is sarcasm.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2021, 07:15:09 PM »

Time to ramp up the voter suppression pursuits even more!
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2021, 09:35:17 PM »

No, both complexions were (are) common across Northern Europe, of which Great Britain is absolutely part of, with no significant difference based on nationality either current or historic. Put your callipers back in their box.

If you really wanted to critique Franklin’s biases you would have pointed out that plenty of native British people have dark complexions. I’ve known a lot of people with last names like “Lee” and “Cox” that I can say that about; people with names like “Sturm” and “Bauer”, not so much.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2021, 09:42:40 PM »

Identifying as a white person on a census form does nothing for someone's employment or anything.

What actually does give you a disadvantage (proven through actual studies) -  

Having a non-western European sounding name on your resume.  
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2021, 09:54:48 PM »

The "some other race %" tripled compared to 2010, I wonders what's going on there
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2021, 09:57:28 PM »

The recommendations on this are just.... chef's kiss
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2021, 10:30:16 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2021, 10:33:52 PM by DON FARBIZIO CORBERA »

The "some other race %" tripled compared to 2010, I wonders what's going on there

I marked myself Other because Italian was not an option. My mother surely did not last time because she probably reads instructions
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2021, 03:08:26 AM »

White genocide? Yeah, tbats some seriously ugly $hit right there.

Not surprised to see the one poster who liked your comment.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies