The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:44:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 128
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168588 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: December 21, 2021, 12:39:31 PM »
« edited: December 21, 2021, 12:47:05 PM by Badger »

As I've said elsewhere, Trump is a "Philosemite," which is someone who believes in every single anti-Semitic trope but thinks that they're all actually positive traits and therefore thinks that the Jews are awesome. Trump is the kind of person who thinks that there is a secret Jewish cabal that controls business and politics...and wishes that cabal was on his side! And thinks its unfair that it isn't! Shouldn't this shady cabal love him for supporting Israel?

Remember, this is the guy who addresses a Republican Jewish organization and starts off by saying that this is the only room he's ever been in with better dealmakers than himself.

Trump is someone who grew up hearing that Jews were greedy, manipulative loansharks who always find a technicality to break every promise they ever make while amassing disproportionate wealth and power, the old anti-Semitic stereotype of his childhood era, and went "Wow, those Jews sound incredible! I want to be just like them."

Tip for finding a Philosemite: someone of Trump's generation (in their 70s or 80s) who refer to the Jews as "That talented people" or "That incredible race." Works every time.
What's absurd about that post? It's pretty much dead on accurate.

this, plus I IRC-though I'm not going to go back to the thread to look because lazy- this is similar tor to things that X himself posted..

I suspect this was just a momentary lapse of reading comprehension Like we all sometimes get.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1551 on: December 24, 2021, 11:46:16 PM »

I think teachers should start out at $40k/year, bump up to $45-50k after three years, and then peak at $55-65k.  They also get benefits. 

Honestly, I don't give F how important you think your job is to society.  You're done 3 or 4PM every day, and you get 4 Months of vacation.  As an attorney and construction manager, I worked 10-14 hours a day, weekends, and holidays.  i also wish I could just go home in the afternoon to open a bottle of wine to decompress from all those screaming kids, or light up a joint as many of my friends do after they arrive home.  But then I wouldn't be able to work those hours at 110% the next day. 

Oh look, another poster that thinks they know teaching better than actual teachers. It's a bad habit here, but the sheer arrogance really makes this one stand out.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #1552 on: December 26, 2021, 04:11:16 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2021, 04:14:23 PM by NYDem »

I'm also skeptical of this story, not because leftist circles aren't overrun with antisemites (because they are) but rather because they use words like zionist in place of Jew.

You just don't understand the definition of words. You're from Nebraska, right? Well ... Yeah, so, someone can be critical of Israel's program of ethnic cleansing, without actually being anti-Semitic. As many American Jews are. Now, if you had actual evidence of liberals saying anti-Semitic things, that would be different. But you don't. Plenty of evidence of Donald Trump saying anti-Semitic things, but it's all about the land grab, amirite?

Thank you for educating me. Lol, why does the left have to be so goddamn sanctimonious and unpleasant?

Because it's what you're asking for. I tried to tell a number of my acquaintances how stupid it would be to elect Trump, but they didn't listen. And now hundreds of thousands of people are dead, completely unnecessarily. So when someone like me offers to educate you, you need to get on your knees and listen. Because I'm trying to prevent you from doing something immensely destructive to yourself and your family.

What does this mean?

It means that not everyone is necessarily intellectually capable of weighing in on current affairs. Certainly, Trump supporters are not. And you may not be, either, given some of the BS you've spewed.

Tell it to me straight, doc. What are my family and I about to do that will be immensely destructive to us?

No, I think I'm pretty much done with your attempts to hijack this thread. Yeah, Israel is currently engaged in ethnic cleansing, along with an effort to purchase U.S. Congressional representatives. No, you can't actually name examples of prominent U.S. leftists who espouses anti-Semitic rhetoric. Likewise, Donald Trump's brigade of morons has caused tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths, and if you're one of the morons in question, no, I can't help you. You need to start listening to people who are smarter than you, so you don't continually embarrass the more conservative parts of this country.

I say they're all trash, and y'all keep proving it.

Lol, how am I suppose to hear your brilliance if you refuse to share it with me?

I've already shared it with you: you can't name any examples of U.S. Congressional reps who are actually anti-Semitic, so you're just spouting BS.

You need to listen to the people that you believe are beneath you, because believe me, your behavior is a perfect example of why everyone outside of the left hates the left. The disgusting and elitist White Man's Burden that you've taken upon yourself is not welcome in the vast majority of this country and you will continue to lose in this country until you get it through your head that no one wants to be "civilized" by the likes of you.

No, the problem everyone has with "the left" is that "the left" is always right. So if you're an unvaccinated Trump supporter living in WV, yeah, you're a retard, and you've probably amplified the atrocious fatality rate of your failed state. And no, I don't care about your idiotic political opinions. You're beneath me, as you've consistently demonstrated time and time again.

You're an animal, and you need to understand that I don't respect the opinions of stupid animals.

The last line is one of the more condescending things I've read on this forum, and that's saying a lot. Not surprising at all given the poster though.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1553 on: December 26, 2021, 10:45:09 PM »

I'm also skeptical of this story, not because leftist circles aren't overrun with antisemites (because they are) but rather because they use words like zionist in place of Jew.

You just don't understand the definition of words. You're from Nebraska, right? Well ... Yeah, so, someone can be critical of Israel's program of ethnic cleansing, without actually being anti-Semitic. As many American Jews are. Now, if you had actual evidence of liberals saying anti-Semitic things, that would be different. But you don't. Plenty of evidence of Donald Trump saying anti-Semitic things, but it's all about the land grab, amirite?

Thank you for educating me. Lol, why does the left have to be so goddamn sanctimonious and unpleasant?

Because it's what you're asking for. I tried to tell a number of my acquaintances how stupid it would be to elect Trump, but they didn't listen. And now hundreds of thousands of people are dead, completely unnecessarily. So when someone like me offers to educate you, you need to get on your knees and listen. Because I'm trying to prevent you from doing something immensely destructive to yourself and your family.

What does this mean?

It means that not everyone is necessarily intellectually capable of weighing in on current affairs. Certainly, Trump supporters are not. And you may not be, either, given some of the BS you've spewed.

Tell it to me straight, doc. What are my family and I about to do that will be immensely destructive to us?

No, I think I'm pretty much done with your attempts to hijack this thread. Yeah, Israel is currently engaged in ethnic cleansing, along with an effort to purchase U.S. Congressional representatives. No, you can't actually name examples of prominent U.S. leftists who espouses anti-Semitic rhetoric. Likewise, Donald Trump's brigade of morons has caused tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths, and if you're one of the morons in question, no, I can't help you. You need to start listening to people who are smarter than you, so you don't continually embarrass the more conservative parts of this country.

I say they're all trash, and y'all keep proving it.

Lol, how am I suppose to hear your brilliance if you refuse to share it with me?

I've already shared it with you: you can't name any examples of U.S. Congressional reps who are actually anti-Semitic, so you're just spouting BS.

You need to listen to the people that you believe are beneath you, because believe me, your behavior is a perfect example of why everyone outside of the left hates the left. The disgusting and elitist White Man's Burden that you've taken upon yourself is not welcome in the vast majority of this country and you will continue to lose in this country until you get it through your head that no one wants to be "civilized" by the likes of you.

No, the problem everyone has with "the left" is that "the left" is always right. So if you're an unvaccinated Trump supporter living in WV, yeah, you're a retard, and you've probably amplified the atrocious fatality rate of your failed state. And no, I don't care about your idiotic political opinions. You're beneath me, as you've consistently demonstrated time and time again.

You're an animal, and you need to understand that I don't respect the opinions of stupid animals.

The last line is one of the more condescending things I've read on this forum, and that's saying a lot. Not surprising at all given the poster though.

As I've said before, R.P. McM is one of the most extreme posters on this forum-perhaps the most extreme-and is in that category of posters (along with people like Dr. Scholl, Colin Robinson Frank, and General MacArthur) who have managed to earn opprobrium from people on both sides of the ideological spectrum.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1554 on: December 26, 2021, 11:00:04 PM »

S019 supports mandatory minimums and regressive taxes. Clear common sense to kill the poor and black people
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1555 on: December 27, 2021, 02:13:49 AM »

Why is Gen Z triggered by this?  Does one of the characters pay back a loan or something horribly offensive like that?

Someone's still salty about the student loan deferment.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1556 on: December 27, 2021, 07:13:42 PM »

Thankfully most black people rejected him. Even those that do recognize Kwanzaa aren't rejecting Christmas or Jesus Christ.

The path to love and freedom is not through Maulana Karenga. It is through Jesus Christ.

Rejecting the vile character behind the most reprehensible and reactionary organization in the world would be a step up for all of humanity. Christianity and Jesus are a subset of adult fairy tales, which has indoctrinated innocent children for centuries and is responsible for the majority of the ill effects of mankind. All religions by definition of blind faith should be categorized as a mental disorder. No rational person in their right mind should feel discourage to make a criticism of he moment that is holding Homo sapiens back from potential enlightenment.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1557 on: December 27, 2021, 07:24:54 PM »

Thankfully most black people rejected him. Even those that do recognize Kwanzaa aren't rejecting Christmas or Jesus Christ.

The path to love and freedom is not through Maulana Karenga. It is through Jesus Christ.

Rejecting the vile character behind the most reprehensible and reactionary organization in the world would be a step up for all of humanity. Christianity and Jesus are a subset of adult fairy tales, which has indoctrinated innocent children for centuries and is responsible for the majority of the ill effects of mankind. All religions by definition of blind faith should be categorized as a mental disorder. No rational person in their right mind should feel discourage to make a criticism of he moment that is holding Homo sapiens back from potential enlightenment.

Yeah, there are atheist rant posts That just begged For an old tip of the Fedora, And then there's this.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1558 on: December 29, 2021, 07:39:39 PM »

And Democrats wonder why people see no difference between parties.

I repeat my earlier question. What on Earth does a county district attorney Is determining there's insufficient evidence to prove allegations against Cuomo beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury have to do with weaknesses of the Democratic Party? That's literally innane.

"Insufficient evidence" is usually code for "we have no desire to prosecute one of our own." Not to mention no penalty will ever come regarding the people he killed by forcing covid patients on nursing homes. 

Pretty bold claim to make to someone with over a decade experience as a prosecutor, LMAO.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1559 on: December 31, 2021, 11:41:43 AM »

Whites in this country are subject to far more systemic racism than any other group, and its not even close.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1560 on: December 31, 2021, 03:32:20 PM »

Whites in this country are subject to far more systemic racism than any other group, and its not even close.

Came here to post exactly that.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1561 on: January 01, 2022, 12:01:45 PM »

Yeah, it really is cheating to include SnowLabrador's posts on here.

No. They're the good guys here, they alerted the rest of the world so that we'd have time to prepare. And the US completely squandered it; if anything, WE should pay reparations for helping the anti-vaccine movement proliferate.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1562 on: January 01, 2022, 08:18:39 PM »

GOR unironically said the  GOP is a bigger threat to the US than the Confederacy, Nazis, USSR:

To what I'm confident will be no one's surprise, I'm going to say that the biggest threat to the United States since the War of 1812 is the modern Republican Party. Here's why.

Like all the other listed threats, today's GOP is deeply hostile to the results of democracy in our American Republic, and has no wish to see it continue. Unlike all those threats (except the Confederacy), they are here, in the continental United States, with ready ability to wreck damage across the country. Unlike Islamic fundamentalist terror, they have access to a vast pool of money and true believers in the United States, including within our government. Unlike the Confederacy, they are distributed around the country, have equal access to resources, and have no pretense of scruples - they have not hesitated to wage a war of terror, and have as their goal conquest, subjugation and destruction, not separation and independence.

And finally, unlike all these other threats, America has no way to match them in kind; we cannot fight them on the battlefield, nor are we (so far) willing to label them as a terrorist or criminal  organization and subject them to the full weight of the legal system and financial sanctions. (And that's for good reasons! The GOP are an insider threat, not an external one, something that is difficult to deal with without doing more harm than good.) The GOP's ongoing attack on America is what is called deniable in computer security circles. We've seen this in action in the response to January 6th (and all the GOP's other, more legalistic, efforts to alter the end result of the vote); there is no easy or obvious mechanism for holding them to account and stopping them other than the ballot box, but failure to stop them will destroy us.

One solution is obvious: the GOP needs to be overwhelmingly rejected by the public, and when they cross the line (as on January 6th) they need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The first is a matter of education and choice - if we live in a country with an excess of the evil and the foolish, we will pay a price.  I understand why the Biden administration is not eager to pursue political opponents under the law (the perilous state of our justice system is what allowed Donald Trump to flourish in the first place), but we need to stop treating Republicans are good faith participants in society and government. The first step to a better future is making sure everyone understands that Republican want a worse one, not edging around it and waffling over the sunken wreck of bipartisanship.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1563 on: January 03, 2022, 12:11:30 AM »

the 10 Members who voted to impeach Trump for a 2nd Time from the Republican Conference.

I want Liz Cheney imprisoned!!!

Every post of this person in the linked thread.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1564 on: January 03, 2022, 02:01:45 AM »

Isn't the answer obvious, it's West Virginia. As IceSpear used to say "it's full of rural, racist hicks."
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1565 on: January 03, 2022, 02:03:52 AM »

Isn't the answer obvious, it's West Virginia. As IceSpear used to say "it's full of rural, racist hicks."

There is nothing absurd or ignorant about this post.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1566 on: January 03, 2022, 02:36:45 AM »

No.

If you want to understand fascism, watch JoJo Rabbit.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1567 on: January 03, 2022, 05:32:52 AM »

Aged like milk.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1568 on: January 03, 2022, 06:43:55 AM »

Please explain to me how FL/OH is moving to the left or how TX is moving to the right.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1569 on: January 03, 2022, 08:46:29 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2022, 08:53:22 AM by Meclazine »

So happy to finally receive a mention in this thread.

I have worked so hard on becoming more ignorant and equally well, have been working on my absurdity in relation to my approach on the forum.

This award is something I will cherish and would not have happened without my girlfriend who never waivered in her support. She always says my absurd behaviour is only surpassed by my ignorance.

To all the young kids out there who think they cannot make it onto this thread, I say "keep burying your head in the sand and when you post, don't focus on reality."

Dreams can come true.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1570 on: January 05, 2022, 10:01:34 PM »

I don't recall Hannity's brother ever being governor anywhere, so I'm not sure what this "exact same thing" is.

So, it's only a problem to use corporate news investigative resources if you're secretly assisting your brother, but not the (Republican) President?

Interesting situational ethics.

If you're going to claim it's "exactly the same", then literally yes, by your own claim. People here seem to have difficulty grasping how language works. Again, what about the situation is exact that you're going to make such a comparison.

I already described it and I later posted an article on it.  If you claim to know how language works, then surely you can read.

Yes, you linked a paywalled article that can't be vetted or read. But I guess doing above and beyond to cement your place as one of the biggest left-wing Trumpian equivalents.

It's interesting, Sean Hannity has received a subpoena, and yet you know nothing about it, but knew all about Chris Cuomo.

Here is a story:
https://thenewsmotion.com/sean-hannity-is-asked-to-cooperate-in-jan-6-inquiry-as-panel-details-texts/

The difference between me, and the Trump cult, of which you seem to be increasingly a proud member, is that I'm honest. That you fall for lies isn't my fault and it doesn't make me a liar.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1571 on: January 05, 2022, 10:22:25 PM »

I do wonder what happened to IceSpear. He hasn't posted since April 2020.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1572 on: January 05, 2022, 10:27:13 PM »

Sometimes it's best not to question why good things happen.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1573 on: January 05, 2022, 11:44:47 PM »

IceSpear leaving was not good.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1574 on: January 05, 2022, 11:46:10 PM »

IceSpear leaving was not good.

I do miss his sarcasm and humor, although he was grossly wrong about Kentucky, which is probably why he reduced his activity on here and eventually left entirely.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 128  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies