Maine - Tarrance Group/1820 PAC (R)/National Journal: Collins +1%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:47:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  Maine - Tarrance Group/1820 PAC (R)/National Journal: Collins +1%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maine - Tarrance Group/1820 PAC (R)/National Journal: Collins +1%  (Read 943 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2020, 09:10:21 PM »

https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/707522/dont-count-susan-collins-out-yet

Taken in Late April

Collins 48%
Gideon 47%

Additionally:
"The poll found her favorability rating had increased 7 points from January to April, and stood at 53 percent."

As they're giving this data to the Journal as figures that are supposed to be good for Collins (they're pretty bad and the Republicans were faring better in April nationwide), I'm moving ME-SEN from tilt to lean D.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 09:13:20 PM »

Taken in Late April

Collins 48%
Gideon 47%

Additionally:
"The poll found her favorability rating had increased 7 points from January to April, and stood at 53 percent."

As they're giving this data to the Journal as figures that are supposed to be good for Collins (they're pretty bad and the Republicans were faring better in April nationwide), I'm moving ME-SEN from tilt to lean D.

Late April? Why is it taking this long for the poll to be released? And as a internal, this is an especially alarming result for Susan Collins.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 09:14:45 PM »

Taken in Late April

Collins 48%
Gideon 47%

Additionally:

Late April? Why is it taking this long for the poll to be released? And as a internal, this is an especially alarming result for Susan Collins.

It could be because they're not polling that often, but it's also quite possible that they're not getting any data as good as Collins +1% after that point. It looks like they're losing control of the race here.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 09:17:23 PM »

Meh, I'd take Tarrance with a grain of salt. I worked for 'em a few times, and they always loaded up the questions in the most establishment favoring way. (whether it be what they did for Pearce, Cramer, Dana Rohrabacher, or Adam Putnam)..grammar, spelling, and basic usage be da*&ed.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 09:18:58 PM »

As previously indicated, this is a Collins internal. In other words, if I were the GOP, this would be me right now.

Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 09:19:19 PM »

Junk poll.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 10:48:03 PM »

Yeesh, is this the best they can muster?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 12:36:50 AM »

Yeesh, is this the best they can muster?

So looking maybe like a "dialing for dollars" type moment, plus maybe getting "Moscow Mitch" and other Pub Senators to throw her a lifeline before the boat sinks?

kph14
Germany

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2020, 05:13:35 AM »

Collins will lose and it won't be close
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2020, 06:31:53 AM »

The only way Collins wins here is that Trump wins unless she really finds a way to rebuild her reputation as a "liberal" Republican.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 08:23:23 AM »

#LeanD
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2020, 09:10:22 AM »

As a result of this poll, Susan Collins changes her attidude for this race from troubled to alarmed.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 11:02:10 AM »

Pure tossup, will be decided by under a point either way.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2020, 11:11:03 AM »

Overrated:

*snip*

- Susan Collins - Is she a strong incumbent?  Sure, but much weaker than she used to be.  Is she an unbeatable titan?  LOL, of course not.  Collins could win re-election, but she has a pretty tough slog ahead of her and at the very least, it'll likely be the toughest Senate race of her career (and the first truly competitive one since she was elected in 1996).  I don't think Collins is in such great shape and would be more surprised if she wins re-election than if she loses (assuming the Democrats don't screw up candidate recruitment), but we shall see.

*snip*

I now accept my accolades Smiley
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2020, 03:33:04 PM »

Margin of error is meaningless
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2020, 10:48:22 AM »

Collins bucked the D wave in 2008, she can do so again
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2020, 11:32:52 AM »

You alternate between calling Collins inevitable and saying she's DOA, it's so confusing and it's borderline trolling. Anyways, what we now know is that at the moment, this race is between Collins+1 and Gideon+9, which were the numbers we saw from the two internals and thus, it's a logical range. My guess is that both candidates are under 50, and Gideon would win if the election was tomorrow, however Collins' fate isn't as tied to the national environment as some other GOP incumbents, so she still has room for a comeback. I would not be shocked if both candidates are still under 50% by polling on Election Day. Anyways, we need a high quality poll here and not internal polls. This is probably the race where we most need a high quality, nonpartisan poll.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2020, 12:01:46 PM »

You alternate between calling Collins inevitable and saying she's DOA, it's so confusing and it's borderline trolling. Anyways, what we now know is that at the moment, this race is between Collins+1 and Gideon+9, which were the numbers we saw from the two internals and thus, it's a logical range. My guess is that both candidates are under 50, and Gideon would win if the election was tomorrow, however Collins' fate isn't as tied to the national environment as some other GOP incumbents, so she still has room for a comeback. I would not be shocked if both candidates are still under 50% by polling on Election Day. Anyways, we need a high quality poll here and not internal polls. This is probably the race where we most need a high quality, nonpartisan poll.

It's not trolling, Dems are winning the Senate anyways and Ds always had a ME2 problem, look what happened in 2016. Collins will vote for Biden legislation and nominees anyways. Dems are doing alot better against more conservative candidates like Daines, Marshall and McSally
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2020, 06:15:20 PM »

As previously indicated, this is a Collins internal. In other words, if I were the GOP, this would be me right now.

Your image is inaccurate, a Republican would be wearing a Confederate uniform instead.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies