2020 Protests megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 04:04:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  2020 Protests megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60
Author Topic: 2020 Protests megathread  (Read 65233 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: June 08, 2020, 12:49:18 PM »

Speaking from an electoral perspective, Trump really screwed up the Church photo op, I mean at the very least I would have gone into the basement which was where the fire was and taken the photos there.
did you see the Legal Eagle video about the events there?

It got posted to this thread. I think it's around 10 pages back.
Ah good.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1326 on: June 08, 2020, 12:53:22 PM »

Speaking from an electoral perspective, Trump really screwed up the Church photo op, I mean at the very least I would have gone into the basement which was where the fire was and taken the photos there.
did you see the Legal Eagle video about the events there?

What about it?

BTW I am not endorsing his tactics, really I should have posted this in US pres 2020 and talked more about the electoral effects of it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1327 on: June 08, 2020, 12:54:49 PM »

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1328 on: June 08, 2020, 03:08:46 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2020, 06:39:42 PM by Crumpets »

Funny how cops being more overtly violent against both blacks and whites the past couple weeks has drawn more whites into recognizing that cops disproportionately mistreat blacks. I imagine the thought process went something like "I suspect police may mistreat minorities, but I don't really see it and I generally trust the cops in my town" to "Wow, look at those cops mistreating those (white) protestors. If they can get away with that, maybe they are actually targeting blacks all those times I've heard about it."
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1329 on: June 08, 2020, 03:27:32 PM »

Sadly, the conclusion many people seem to be reaching is "police are racist" or "police departments need reform", when the actual problem is "people are racist", and dealing with it in the way America (and to a lesser extent, other Western countries) has, by downplaying its prevalence, conditioning people from youth that racism makes you irredeemable (so much so that calling someone a racist is considered more offensive than saying a racial epithet), fantasizing about a "post-racial society", believing people can be taught to not be racist, etc. has been an abject failure.

The solution, once again, lies in the Singapore model. Racism can only be managed, not eradicated, and the sooner people can come to terms with that reality, the sooner things can start moving in the right direction.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1330 on: June 08, 2020, 05:39:05 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2020, 02:33:11 PM by Everything Burns... »

Go back home, vile Falangist.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #1331 on: June 08, 2020, 05:41:25 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2020, 02:33:24 PM by Everything Burns... »

Of course, the typical response of a fanatic
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1332 on: June 08, 2020, 06:51:32 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2020, 02:32:47 PM by Everything Burns... »

Translating for all those red-blooded Americans who can't be bothered to learn a commie language like Mexican:

"Ancient black is brutally gulped for having a shirt with the American flag.

Are killed some of the others in cifras record every year in the E2U2. It's a reality which NOBODY can negate.

Black Lives Matter exists only as an arojenized army against the whites. So of clear."

You're welcome.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1333 on: June 08, 2020, 06:58:58 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2020, 07:22:12 PM by Meclazine »

the actual problem is "people are racist"

Bingo. I had this conversation with a colleague yesterday, and that was one of the points discussed.

It just really comes down to the proportion within each social group.

Human Beings are biologically and socially engineered to survive by exclusion.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1334 on: June 08, 2020, 07:31:05 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2020, 02:32:26 PM by Everything Burns... »

Translating for all those red-blooded Americans who can't be bothered to learn a commie language like Mexican:

Are killed some of the others in cifras record every year in the E2U2. It's a reality which NOBODY can negate.

Black Lives Matter exists only as an arojenized army against the whites. So of clear."

You're welcome.

Re-translating because that translation missed the mark by a bit  (okay, a lot) Tongue

"Elderly black man is brutally beaten for wearing a shirt with an American flag [on it].

They [black people] kill each other in record numbers every year in the U.S. It's a reality that NOBODY can deny.

Black Lives Matter exists only as a weapon to be used on white people. It's that clear.
"

Yuck...

Parts of translation in brackets are added by me for clarity of context lost in grammatical subtexts due to conventional Spanish pragmatics.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #1335 on: June 08, 2020, 08:19:53 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2020, 02:32:03 PM by Everything Burns... »

You're welcome.

Re-translating because that translation missed the mark by a bit  (okay, a lot) Tongue

"Elderly black man is brutally beaten for wearing a shirt with an American flag [on it].

They [black people] kill each other in record numbers every year in the U.S. It's a reality that NOBODY can deny.

Black Lives Matter exists only as a weapon to be used on white people. It's that clear.
"

Yuck...

Parts of translation in brackets are added by me for clarity of context lost in grammatical subtexts due to conventional Spanish pragmatics.

It's ridiculous to have to watch that video on a Spanish account, but you only talk about the words, instead of talking about the content of the video. Don't you have anything to say?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1336 on: June 08, 2020, 10:32:54 PM »

Thousands of peaceful protesters in Portland Oregon currently marching onto I-84 live (Major East-West Highway on the Eastside)...

https://katu.com/news/local/protests-continue-in-downtown-portland-as-police-chief-resigns
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1337 on: June 08, 2020, 10:35:53 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2020, 02:31:36 PM by Everything Burns... »

You're welcome.

"

Yuck...

It's ridiculous to have to watch that video on a Spanish account, but you only talk about the words, instead of talking about the content of the video. Don't you have anything to say?

I translated the Tweet for the forum. What do you want me to say?

The Tweet is ridiculous, pedalling the same nonsense that's been peddled for years to distract from the actual problem at hand.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1338 on: June 08, 2020, 11:08:43 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2020, 02:30:46 PM by Everything Burns... »

You're welcome.

"

Yuck...

I translated the Tweet for the forum. What do you want me to say?

The Tweet is ridiculous, pedalling the same nonsense that's been peddled for years to distract from the actual problem at hand.

Can we get away from folks trying to derail by targeting Arch and Spanish language translation from back in the days?

Seriously.... have y'all no decency sirs?

Wanna continue the discussion perhaps take it outside if y'all don't mind....

Thanks!!!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1339 on: June 08, 2020, 11:17:31 PM »

Portland, Oregon is now being sued by a couple exposed to Tear Gas Canisters at a Protest....

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/2020/06/couple-sues-city-of-portland-after-being-exposed-to-tear-gas-during-protests.html

Tear Gas/ CS Gas is a Weapon of War banned internationally and the deployment against US Citizens peacefully protesting makes it extremely likely that this couple will win the lawsuit in a jury trial within Multnomah County....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1340 on: June 08, 2020, 11:30:56 PM »

It is amazing how many Americans (Even on Atlas) still continue to view the Police Assaults on Civil Rights Protesters over the past week or so, within the context of "Law and Order" versus what we have all seen with our own eyes...

CS Gas (Tear Gas) & Rubber Bullets were first employed by the English to suppress the Irish Civil Rights Demonstrations back in 1970.... (and now long since banded)....

Meanwhile in the streets of America are now more like "Free Derry" and "West Belfast"....

Weapons of war have no place in the cities of America....

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1341 on: June 09, 2020, 12:15:43 AM »

Portland, Oregon is still going on even after the change in Police Chief and mass demo blocking I-84...

Massive numbers gather outside the "Justice Center" (Fed Bldg) which currently holds several hundred protesters arrested over the past week, and police are making warnings "do not shake the fence nor climb the trees"...

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/06/portland-protests-resume-monday-hours-after-police-command-changes-live-updates.html
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1342 on: June 09, 2020, 01:03:20 AM »

Portland, Oregon is now being sued by a couple exposed to Tear Gas Canisters at a Protest....

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/2020/06/couple-sues-city-of-portland-after-being-exposed-to-tear-gas-during-protests.html

Tear Gas/ CS Gas is a Weapon of War banned internationally and the deployment against US Citizens peacefully protesting makes it extremely likely that this couple will win the lawsuit in a jury trial within Multnomah County....

Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
In 2011, Chile temporarily suspended its use after a University of Chile study linked it to miscarriage and fetal harm. Investigating the use of tear gas in Bahrain in 2012, Physicians for Human Rights found that local doctors were reporting increased numbers of miscarriages in exposed areas. And UN officials have connected tear gas to miscarriages in the Palestinian territories.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1343 on: June 09, 2020, 04:00:12 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2020, 03:45:32 PM by PQG and Libertarian Republican Pimp Slapped Coronavirus! »

Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
In 2011, Chile temporarily suspended its use after a University of Chile study linked it to miscarriage and fetal harm. Investigating the use of tear gas in Bahrain in 2012, Physicians for Human Rights found that local doctors were reporting increased numbers of miscarriages in exposed areas. And UN officials have connected tear gas to miscarriages in the Palestinian territories.

"Because expectant mothers who love their babies shouldn't go to an antifa terrorist riot."
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1344 on: June 09, 2020, 07:39:42 AM »

Trump suggests that Buffalo police pushing a 75 year old man to the ground, giving him a concussion and lacerations on his head, was justified because he may have been trying to singlehandedly destroy the police. A worthy adversary indeed, but no match for the police in riot gear with weapons!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1345 on: June 09, 2020, 07:43:41 AM »

Trump suggests that Buffalo police pushing a 75 year old man to the ground, giving him a concussion and lacerations on his head, was justified because he may have been trying to singlehandedly destroy the police. A worthy adversary indeed, but no match for the police in riot gear with weapons!

Just when you think Trump can't sound any stupider than he already has.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1346 on: June 09, 2020, 08:30:52 AM »

Wow, Trump is actually getting ratioed. For all the insanity he posts, that's actually pretty rare for him.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1347 on: June 09, 2020, 08:54:18 AM »

He's so lost.
woodley park

« Reply #1348 on: June 09, 2020, 08:59:26 AM »

This is why I'm convinced Trump is going to struggle to rebound from this. He only knows how to dig deeper.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1349 on: June 09, 2020, 09:07:47 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2020, 09:11:03 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Dumbest thing that has ever come out of Trump's mouth. Inexcusable. He ought to abdicate to a placeholder until one of his potentially qualifying heirs meets criteria (e.g., Ivanka ditches Jared; Barron comes of age; Tiffany finds a respectable husband or launches own career)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies