2020 Protests megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:41:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  2020 Protests megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 60
Author Topic: 2020 Protests megathread  (Read 64835 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: June 05, 2020, 02:06:34 PM »

My lord Buffalo:

The LAPD reportedly shot a wheelchair-bound homeless man who was not even protesting in the face

These are not human beings we're dealing with.

We need a final solution to the police problem in this country.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1201 on: June 05, 2020, 02:11:40 PM »

My lord Buffalo:

The LAPD reportedly shot a wheelchair-bound homeless man who was not even protesting in the face

...Please tell us what this horribly worded “final solution” of yours would entail?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1202 on: June 05, 2020, 02:13:58 PM »

My lord Buffalo:

...Please tell us what this horribly worded “final solution” of yours would entail?

Reform.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #1203 on: June 05, 2020, 02:14:48 PM »

I'll echo what I said in a different thread.

In the last couple of days I've actually reconsidered whether I'll vote for Trump in November, due to his (as stated) weak and ineffectual handling of the protests/riots and his 5 day delay in addressing the country (in a mediocre fashion).

It doesn't help that the best long term scenario for republicans might be Trump (moderately) losing the election, giving us a fighting chance in 2022 and someone actually competent in 2024.  Is drinking the poisoned chalice worth it so Mildew Mitch's judge machine can go brrrr? I'm not sure.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1204 on: June 05, 2020, 02:15:18 PM »

My lord Buffalo:

Reform.
...That’s very vague.
The wording of your post is what alarmed me, do you care to expand a bit on this reform?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1205 on: June 05, 2020, 02:35:01 PM »

Some of the rioters do care about the issue but are just idiots.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1206 on: June 05, 2020, 02:35:45 PM »

A picture I have just taken on Alexanderplatz, Berlin:

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1207 on: June 05, 2020, 02:39:27 PM »

https://www.wcvb.com/article/shaw-54th-regiment-memorial-defaced/32733306
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #1208 on: June 05, 2020, 02:43:00 PM »

Louisville BBQ man who was fatally shot when police dispersed crowd used to feed officers for free

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1209 on: June 05, 2020, 02:49:27 PM »

he tripped on a police officer's shield that was moving towards him and fell.
He tried to grab the hand of an officer who was carrying a baton. The officer pushed him away.

Uhh, no, The video clearly shows he did not try to grab anyone's arm.

He had just picked up a police helmet off the ground. It's fast, but, if anything, looks like he was trying to give it to the cops.

Update:

The entire squad has resigned in protest from the team they were on... of the suspension of the cops who made this man bleed. Unfortunately, they did not resign from the police force itself. Good riddance.

I've seen him identified as local peace campaigner Martin Gugino, from Amherst, a suburb just outside Buffalo.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1210 on: June 05, 2020, 02:56:29 PM »

My lord Buffalo:

Reform.
...That’s very vague.
The wording of your post is what alarmed me, do you care to expand a bit on this reform?

Mostly local reforms, probably?  Camden put a total reset on their police department.  Minneapolis looks likely to do the same and just banned chokeholds.  Maybe invest in better police training so that our law enforcement is in line with those of every other developed country, where it is understood that they are servants for the public safety and not little dictators.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1211 on: June 05, 2020, 03:28:00 PM »

https://www.investigativepost.org/2020/06/05/police-unit-resigns-in-protest/

The mass resignation comes a few hours after the PBA — which represents virtually every member of the police department — sent an email to all members.

In it, union leadership wrote: “I know it has been said that the admin won’t back you. After witnessing first hand how these two officers were treated, I can you, they tried to  over these guys like I have never seen in my 54 years.”

That judgment could put the onus on the PBA and individual officers to pay for their legal defense, PBA attorney Thomas Burton told Investigative Post in March.

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1212 on: June 05, 2020, 03:28:48 PM »

Some A+ level trolling by the mayor of D.C.  Cheesy
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1213 on: June 05, 2020, 04:04:28 PM »

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1214 on: June 05, 2020, 04:09:00 PM »

Support for the protests increased over the course of the last week 8 points.

HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1215 on: June 05, 2020, 04:51:27 PM »

Farragut was a Union Civil War hero. No reason anyone should have a problem with him having a statue.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1216 on: June 05, 2020, 08:13:41 PM »

Looking like there might be 100+ demonstrations in New Jersey this weekend alone!

Most national news outlets say there have been over 100 protest nationally, although naturally these numbers appear much larger, once we start looking at local news outlets throughout the Country...

Still HUGE... gonna be a big weekend of mass protests, and again most likely overwhelmingly peaceful.

https://www.nj.com/news/2020/06/protests-over-george-floyds-death-planned-across-nj-june-5-2020.html
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1217 on: June 05, 2020, 08:22:31 PM »

Trump should do this, but won't.

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1218 on: June 05, 2020, 08:23:48 PM »

When Granny watches too much FoxNews...

She legit thought they were ANTIFA. Lol
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1219 on: June 05, 2020, 08:31:08 PM »

Farragut was a Union Civil War hero. No reason anyone should have a problem with him having a statue.

It's an unfortunate lack of historical knowledge.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1220 on: June 05, 2020, 09:55:23 PM »

A picture I have just taken on Alexanderplatz, Berlin:

I do want to simply say, that this is not only a beautiful commemoration of George Floyd on one of the busiest Train Stations / Central places within former East Berlin, but additionally it is representative of how this is impacting not only the image of America abroad, but additionally the power and strength of German Democracy within the post WW II era.

I lived in Germany multiple times in the '90s, for effectively a combined Year, including places in East Germany, shortly nach dem wende, as well as places within Western Germany from Baden-Württemberg to Hessen.

Although fundamentally the current unrest in America does not easily translate to overwhelmingly "White" European Countries such as Germany, where traditionally much of the struggles have been for inclusion at the hands of immigrants from the '50s/'60s on, there is clearly International Solidarity emerging from our comrades and friends within Europe.

I marched in the streets of East Berlin in the early/mid '90s with many others against the rise of a growing nascent Extreme-Right Movement, while still avoiding certain neighborhoods such as Marzahn (well known at time to be under control of the kurze Haare) while simultaneously protecting our neighborhoods not so far down the road.

The struggle for the rights of political asylum seekers in Europe against the forces of hatred and right-extremist violence, perhaps shifted the narrative in some ways shortly after the fall of the wall...

Many Americans, even those on this board, don't get how powerful and African-American experience and culture helped influence the West German popular culture during a critical time of the '60s.'80s, including the rise of the Grassroots Green Mvmt fast tracking into the late '70s>'80s.

When I lived in Germany, even as an American was in working-class neighborhoods and quite frankly was welcomed more by my Turkish, Kurdish, Syrian, and Afghani neighbors and friends than among the Middle-Class German Citizens.

One of my fellow buddies from College, who happened to be a Black Man from Saint Louis MO, moved to East Berlin as an expat and married his German GF, bcs he fell in love with the country, so yeah...

Stuff gets complicated in Germany, like one of my best friends from college who was an exchange student in America, goes back home, next thing a few yrs later when we reconnect on facebook he finally was able to get the families permission to marry his Turkish-German GF.... Smiley

International Solidarity----!!!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1221 on: June 05, 2020, 10:15:53 PM »

Crazies harass multi-racial couple from Spokane outside of Forks in Clallam County, Washington simply going camping and accusing them of being "Antifa"...

https://www.myclallamcounty.com/2020/06/05/spokane-family-harrassed-by-forks-area-residents-accused-of-being-antifa/

Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1222 on: June 05, 2020, 10:21:13 PM »

About 10,000 protesters marched in Providence, Rhode Island today (organized by high-schoolers).

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1223 on: June 05, 2020, 11:01:35 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2020, 11:20:06 PM by GP270watch »

Unhinged person calls young people brainwashed for putting up signs against police brutality. Then rambles nonsense about George Soros and ANTIFA staging all this, while striking one of the girls.

They supposedly tracked her down already and Greenwood Has Been Arrested Multiple Times Including For Battery Against a Peace Officer. Amazing.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1224 on: June 06, 2020, 03:14:37 AM »

"Lib DEM" Mayor of Portland Oregon...

Another Night of Ted Wheeler over-reaction show in Portland Oregon...

Cops still appear to be using Tear Gas and other chemical agents against protesters in the City, not to mention various other crowd control items.....

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/06/portland-protests-against-police-brutality-continue-friday-live-updates.html

Getting to a point where anyone supports Wheeler and PDX activity quite frankly need to be removed from office immediately....

Tear Gas & Rubber Bullets are not "Non-Lethal" crowd control techniques, which our British Colonial Masters attempted to pioneer in Northern Ireland around 1970....

I don't give an eff about whatever police departments use such tactics regardless of DEM nor PUB cities, but any political figure that support such actions should be voted out of office immediately, cause quite frankly don't need that crap rolling down my neighborhood, especially from "Democratic" political leaders supporting the crooked cops in the hood at a time of righteous rage.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 60  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies