2020 Protests megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:08:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  2020 Protests megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 60
Author Topic: 2020 Protests megathread  (Read 64908 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: May 31, 2020, 11:12:29 PM »

2 Police officers in Atlanta fired after that video of them attacking the man and woman
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #526 on: May 31, 2020, 11:14:07 PM »

If the police can't do it, Americans will.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #527 on: May 31, 2020, 11:31:33 PM »

It seems like it's the police and outside agitators who are causing most of the violence and tension, and then both end up getting peaceful protesters in trouble. People going into communities that aren't their own and looting and breaking stuff in the name of anti-capitalism, anarchism, or white supremacy are in the wrong as is, but then leaving while protesters and black people get in trouble for their actions? That's sick.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #528 on: May 31, 2020, 11:33:05 PM »

Why are you re-posting a tweet from a Dude, who is almost the literal definition of a "Fake News Poster"....?

I mean I went and clicked on the local Fox News Guy deal, and really he seems to have no idea what he is talking about half the time.

Not that there might not be a few grains of through in this guys report, but to me it looks like a "small town local news reporter" trying to create a story and some media hype to advance his career... doesn't appear that he is actually talking hardly anyone on the ground here, but simply making a provocative claim because he got a photo op with a few business owners somewhere within the "General Neighborhood"....

Call me skeptical for now.... this is not 1992.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #529 on: May 31, 2020, 11:37:39 PM »

Boston cops destroy their own car.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #530 on: May 31, 2020, 11:42:32 PM »

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #531 on: June 01, 2020, 12:02:26 AM »

Why are you re-posting a tweet from a Dude, who is almost the literal definition of a "Fake News Poster"....?

I mean I went and clicked on the local Fox News Guy deal, and really he seems to have no idea what he is talking about half the time.

Not that there might not be a few grains of through in this guys report, but to me it looks like a "small town local news reporter" trying to create a story and some media hype to advance his career... doesn't appear that he is actually talking hardly anyone on the ground here, but simply making a provocative claim because he got a photo op with a few business owners somewhere within the "General Neighborhood"....

Like I've seen other people in like Cleveland doing this on twitter. 
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #532 on: June 01, 2020, 12:15:52 AM »

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #533 on: June 01, 2020, 12:26:46 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2020, 12:32:07 AM by Senator Scott🦋 »

I see no evidence which suggests that both sides haven't committed their share of sins.  Yes, you can condemn the looting of (mostly minority!)-owned businesses and the destruction of buildings and think that the perps should be in jail.  You can acknowledge that institutional racism is a reality in our criminal justice system.  You can agree that the police responsible for the murder of George Floyd should all be prosecuted.

But anyone who endorses the bootlicking from the *clears throat* usual suspects wants nothing less than a police state.  You do not seek freedom.  You do not seek the liberation of man.  You seek the same violence as the rioters and looters.  The only difference is that you are endorsing state-sanctioned violence.

And no, some edgy teenager's apologism for this violence (you know who I am referring to) will not erase one iota of the damage that has already been done.

As a great man once said: "Hate begets hate; violence begets violence."  And if it's state-sanctioned chaos you want, it's state-sanctioned chaos you get.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #534 on: June 01, 2020, 12:34:54 AM »

Give it two days.

People will be sick of the media coverage, and the Police/National Guard will have better control.

Fascinating:  Your finger is, both literally and figuratively speaking, 10,630 miles away from the pulse of the American national mood.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #535 on: June 01, 2020, 12:43:19 AM »

The latest place to report looting and having the National Guard deployed is...Davenport, IA. This isn't just a big inner city thing now.

Hell my sister-in-law called my mom today and asked her to pick her up and drop her off to get my brother's truck home. Why? He's working at a bar tonight in downtown Bismarck right next to a protest and while the protest is peaceful so far, both of them are worried about violence breaking out.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #536 on: June 01, 2020, 12:50:38 AM »

I had the feed from Des Moine up just as I posted that and could tell that it was about to boil over.

A few other updates:

Time to turn Iowa, South Dakota and Nebraska dark green, just for starters. Possibly more.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #537 on: June 01, 2020, 01:20:23 AM »

2501 Broadway
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #538 on: June 01, 2020, 01:41:30 AM »

Protip: with the enhanced ignore feature, I'm only aware that Reaganfan made the last post in this thread, but get to spare myself from reading whatever presumably Nazified "get the thugs" comment he just wrote!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #539 on: June 01, 2020, 01:43:08 AM »

Protip: with the enhanced ignore feature, I'm only aware that Reaganfan made the last post in this thread, but get to spare myself from reading whatever presumably Nazified "get the thugs" comment he just wrote!

WOW, amazingly accurate!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #540 on: June 01, 2020, 01:46:07 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2020, 06:14:57 AM by Abandon hope all ye who register here »

This post is reprehensible and irredeemable. Lose all delegates, and please exit stage trapdoor.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #541 on: June 01, 2020, 01:48:13 AM »

I don't have him on ignore for the same reason I never put krazen on ignore, then i can't report his posts which has to be done to get him banned. For the greater good.

Yeah mods, I bet you're being flooded on that post now.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #542 on: June 01, 2020, 01:52:19 AM »

I'm allowed to have an opinion. Burning down America is never a way to get justice.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #543 on: June 01, 2020, 01:54:03 AM »

I'm not 100% sure that post violates the ToS and I'm not reporting it. Just going to move on with the thread.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #544 on: June 01, 2020, 01:56:46 AM »

What I stated are facts.

This man shouldn't have died. The cop should be fired. HE WAS. The cop should be arrested. HE WAS.

So you burn down America? Why? Two reasons.

1. You're angry and lashing out.
2. You're getting away with it.

Last night in Cleveland, protesters stormed up to Corbo's Bakery. The owners came out with AR-15 rifles. The protesters left. Nothing broken, nobody hurt.

The reason the police are holding back from stopping the chaos is because of the chain of command. The Mayors and Governors and local officials know that if they give the go ahead, there will likely be some skulls cracked, and they don't want that. So they're basically letting them run wild, and it's destroying our cities.

We need to make a decision here. What's more important. Kissing their butts or restoring order? It's gotta be one or the other.

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #545 on: June 01, 2020, 02:00:22 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2020, 09:43:28 AM by Virginiá »

What a lot of pundits, twitter goons, and Reaganfan himself don't understand is that these riots are no longer about George Floyd. Oh sure, people are still mad as hell about his murder and they're protesting as we speak. But these riots have expanded beyond that first spark and they show no signs of slowing down.

What began as protests against racism and police brutality has now morphed into a violent awakening of populist anger. A lot of folks are out of work and they realize there's no help coming for them. Our government has sent them a message: you're on your own. These folks can't afford rent, food, etc.

In short, many of them have nothing left to lose. Couple that with cabin fever from lockdown, no sports, no bars, no 'bread and circuses', and you get violent riots in every American city. People are mad as hell and they're not going to take it anymore.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #546 on: June 01, 2020, 02:01:33 AM »

I had the feed from Des Moine up just as I posted that and could tell that it was about to boil over.

A few other updates:

Time to turn Iowa, South Dakota and Nebraska dark green, just for starters. Possibly more.
For sure, Arkansas too.  National Guard has been called in twice now.  And as you said this isn't a small big city problem.  My city of only 75 thousand had a massive protest tonight that had someone pull a gun on protesters.  Though I will say the police have been much more kind that I thought they would be given the area. 
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #547 on: June 01, 2020, 02:03:20 AM »

Always a tweet.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #548 on: June 01, 2020, 02:16:00 AM »

Shocking.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #549 on: June 01, 2020, 02:24:48 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2020, 02:33:39 AM by lfromnj »

Sad group tries to bother innocent bystanders in order to bait and shoot, don't call them peaceful they literally say burn it down.
They just were salty they couldn't loot that store.(literally every other store on the block was looted)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 60  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies