Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 08:04:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 43
Author Topic: Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd  (Read 47212 times)
indietraveler

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2020, 07:09:56 AM »

Moral of the story:  don't try to pay with forged legal tender.

Moral of the story #2:  don't resist arrest if caught.

He fought the law.  And the law won.

It's really not that hard to understand.  

This is close to the worst take on anything I've read on this site.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2020, 07:16:52 AM »

the thing with demonstrations is they often become infested with agent provocateurs desperate to turn the whole thing into a riot; which is one of the myriad reasons anarchic movements normally implode and end up hated by everybody.

Moral of the story:  don't try to pay with forged legal tender.

Moral of the story #2:  don't resist arrest if caught.

He fought the law.  And the law won.

It's really not that hard to understand.  

yeah, famously Minnesota repealed the death penalty except for the most vile crime of all: inadvertently using a fake ten dollar note, a malicious act of such cruelty that the police should be able to murder you without trial.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2020, 08:22:03 AM »

damn, they really looted and burned down that section of minneapolis. its crazy
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2020, 08:23:03 AM »

Roblox

« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2020, 08:24:27 AM »

Thing is, riots don't happen without an instigating factor. Here, the instigating factor was the police brutally and sadistically murdering a cuffed and unarmed black man and then tear gassing the people protesting it.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2020, 08:32:28 AM »

Apparently social distancing doesn’t apply to liberal “protestors”.

These guys should be recorded and denied medical treatment in the event of a shortage, just like the anti-lockdown protestors. You act ridiculous, you face the consequences.
This is not the right time for any type of physical protest (with reasonable limitations) and it is certainly not the right time to loot stores and break windows to own the “evil fascist police scum”.

And yes, the police involved in the original incident should be arrested. That doesn’t give you a pass to loot a store while spreading a deadly virus.

Could you kindly stop with the "deny healthcare" thing? We don't deny healthcare to smokers, alcoholics, diabetics who struggle with managing their disease, etc. This suggestion is disgusting. No one should be arrested for protesting because jails are hotbeds of COVID.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2020, 08:39:26 AM »

This is really bad. The AutoZone burning has no doubt released a lot of toxins into the area and air and public transit has been suspended in that area too, the Blue Line light rail as well. Lots of poor people in that area relied on the closed businesses for essential supplies, not to mention medical ones, the nearby Walgreens was looted and is now closed too. And of course a huge blow to social distancing and a likely COVID-19 surge, plus more strain on the already strained hospitals in the area. I'm scared as hell.

And of course f[inks] the police who first started this in killing George Floyd and then the ones who escalated this out of control and turned the peaceful protest into a riot. A lot more than those 4 need to be fired.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2020, 08:49:15 AM »

HOT TAKE UPCOMING:

The looters aren't wrong because they engage in looting/violence but because it serves no purpose/harms your own cause.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2020, 09:01:58 AM »

The footage of that Target being ransacked is going to be the subject of countless of dogwhistle-filled ads by far-right candidates for the next few years. All because people couldn't wait to see the inevitable filing of murder charges.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2020, 09:37:57 AM »

The US police system attracts a lot of guys who just want to exert power on others, and there’s a lot of racists too.

The officer ought to be charged with murder and sent to prison for a long long time. This is a horrifying incident of modern lynching.

But as for looting, not good whatsoever and is a travesty.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2020, 09:45:31 AM »

One of the buildings still burning is 7 Sigma, a plastics company that was making supplies for covid patients.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2020, 09:46:51 AM »

The US police system attracts a lot of guys who just want to exert power on others, and there’s a lot of racists too.

The officer ought to be charged with murder and sent to prison for a long long time. This is a horrifying incident of modern lynching.

One thing the looters won't burn down is the local KKK headquarters.  That is the ONE building that will remain intact.  

The immigrant-owned bidnesses, however, will be burned to the goddamn ground.

LMAO. No wonder the blue avatars on this thread support the rioters.

Human behavior is fascinating.  

Oy, Vito -- stay in one lane.  You're all over the place. 
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2020, 09:47:28 AM »

One thing the looters won't burn down is the local KKK headquarters.  That is the ONE building that will remain intact.  

Smiley
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2020, 10:00:54 AM »

Don't all police systems and militias attract far-right wingers or racists? Usually these people have an affinity towards autocratic structures and hierarchies. Of course I'm not saying a majority of cops or combat troops are racist bigots, but the share among these organizations is probably above the general public.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2020, 10:01:30 AM »

Smiley
Congratulations!
I have noticed you. (not a good thing)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2020, 10:25:09 AM »
« Edited: May 28, 2020, 11:33:49 AM by lfromnj »

Yellow avatars care more about windows than black lives
Post when I have cared about a single window. If it was just cop cars being broken down I say the cops could have accepted their mistake and the whole city should eat the loss.
However what isnt acceptable is damaging a cop car while its moving on a highway or trying too loot private property. A Hispanic immigrant(maybe 2nd generation judging by accent and name) just had to protect his own property from looters under the claim of racial injustice.  Is this what progressives now think is intersectionality? Looting lower middle class business owners?

What I am complaining about is posters from a few weeks ago all ranting on the Michigan protests for being violent when they were just loud and carried guns and then posting selective pictures of one man shouting and other people in tear gas.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2020, 11:06:03 AM »

Disgusting.

Charge the police officer for murder and lock him up for life.

Too bad none of the bystanders showed the civil courage to toss the police officer away from the guy’s chest.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2020, 11:13:33 AM »

Disgusting.

Too bad none of the bystanders showed the civil courage to toss the police officer away from the guy’s chest.

Then they'd probably be dead too. If they were willing to kill a guy over a counterfeit Hamilton imagine what they'd do if you entered their 6 foot blood circle
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2020, 11:17:22 AM »

Disgusting.

Then they'd probably be dead too. If they were willing to kill a guy over a counterfeit Hamilton imagine what they'd do if you entered their 6 foot blood circle

I would hazard that might not hold true if several of them tried to enter at once.

Isn't this an area where 2A is supposed to help?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2020, 11:21:10 AM »

HOT TAKE UPCOMING:

The looters aren't wrong because they engage in looting/violence but because it serves no purpose/harms your own cause.
Looting isn't in any way moral or defendable. Not sure why you're defending it.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2020, 11:35:48 AM »

Instead of protecting businesses the coward cops have gone to the suburbs to protect their fellow cop. Now I am not calling for vigilante justice and a few cops should still be posted here but 75 cops is insane ! Cops will never be there when you need them.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2020, 11:50:35 AM »
« Edited: May 28, 2020, 01:43:33 PM by Marxist-Cornpopist Thought »

The footage of that Target being ransacked is going to be the subject of countless of dogwhistle-filled ads by far-right candidates for the next few years. All because people couldn't wait to see the inevitable filing of murder charges.

At the same time, can you really blame them? Not only do you have the cases of Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and the attempted lynching of Christian Cooper, but the area was also home to Philando Castile. We had a police brutality incident where a man effectively got away with murder three years ago because he shot someone for doing what every responsible gun owner should have done.

As far as I'm concerned, Castile is only dead because the pig that pulled him over thought that black people didn't have Second Amendment rights.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2020, 11:50:42 AM »
« Edited: May 28, 2020, 03:00:11 PM by lfromnj »

Personally the Minnesota city department's reaction was adequate for me. It was immediate firing and was thrown to the FBI quickly. Even of the majority peaceful protesters I am not sure they had a clear goal besides arrest the cop which should happen in a day or two. I can still understand the PEACEFUL protesters and I am not condemning them at all, just a bit confused.

What really should have been protested more aggressively was the case where a black man was arrested for defending himself and his girlfriend from a group of 4 cops home invaders executing a no knock warrant. It took 2 weeks for the prosecutors to drop charges against the HOME OWNER and the cops haven't been touched.
This was the Louisville case and it disturbs me much more due to the absolute lack of reaction there . If I was in Louisville I would legitimately consider joining the protest there.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2020, 11:53:05 AM »

Personally the Minnesota city department's reaction was adequate for me. It was immediate firing and was thrown to the FBI quickly.

What really should have been protested more aggressively was the case where a black man was arrested for defending himself and his girlfriend from a group of 4 cops home invaders executing a no knock warrant. It took 2 weeks for the prosecutors to drop charges and the cops haven't been touched.
This was the Louisville case and it disturbs me much more due to the absolute lack of reaction there .
I agree.  When cops enter the wrong house on a warrant, how is that not a home invasion?  They have no absolutely no right to be there.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2020, 12:03:13 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2020, 12:06:40 PM by Intell »

HOT TAKE UPCOMING:

Looting isn't in any way moral or defendable. Not sure why you're defending it.

It can be of course, in this situation as it serves no purpose so it isn’t moral or defendable
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies