Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 12:43:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 149832 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1950 on: May 07, 2020, 04:29:06 PM »
« edited: May 07, 2020, 04:36:01 PM by Southern Archivist Punxsutawney Phil »

What happens to a movement when you set no standards as to who you take under your wing? What happens when you abandon the principle that you look at facts to determine what occurs? If MeToo becomes standardless and all you have to do to be entitled to be believed is just to claim something, then MeToo loses all of its true power and that proposition is a serious slap in the face of everyone who had been raped and deserves a hearing.
By the way - "believe all women" is a right-wing canard that MeToo's enemies have been pushing knowing that this will just reduce MeToo's credibility. Reade has been given plenty of time to prove herself and things have gotten more dicey for her claim, not less.
Many movements have lost their power in history due to people forgetting what made it so important in the first place, and its cause being co-opted and corrupted to push agendas that run counter to its original intent and by people who, whether they know it or not, are morally impure actors.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1951 on: May 07, 2020, 04:30:17 PM »

The Vox article is good reporting. I find Reade more believable after reading it.

Lol wtf? The whole article was "I really, really want to believe her, but here's a long list of reasons why I just cant."
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1952 on: May 07, 2020, 04:44:06 PM »

So another part of the interview with Kelly came out. Reade said she'd go under oath, take a polygraph is Biden takes one. I'm still waiting for the "ton of news" that Megyn Kelly said was coming from this interview.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1953 on: May 07, 2020, 04:45:37 PM »

Between the Vox article, cancelling interviews with Chris Wallace and Don Lemon to give an interview to a notorious softball interviewer in Megyn Kelly, and now hiring a pro-Trump lawyer it’s really hard not to argue that MacArthur had this right all along

The interviews are consistent with a person who experienced a traumatic injury being nervous and afraid of reprisal. They aren't evidence of lying.

I mean they aren't evidence but I am not at all convinced that this is indicative of a fearful and traumatized person. Changing her story in pretty substantial ways and what looks like getting her friends and neighbors to say what she wants them to say does not strike me as "oh she's traumatized and fearful"

The evolving story is the main reason I'm inclined to not accept her story right now, but isn't enough to convince me that she is lying. The people who dredge up tweets or her interview schedule her political opinions as evidence of some sort of bad intentions are leaving out a suite of alternative explanations and aren't proving anything other than that it's very difficult, if you are a victim of sexual assault, to be taken seriously regardless of what the truth is.
People keep saying this, and I am getting really sick of it. She HAS been taken seriously, more than she has had any right to be if we look at the evidence supporting her case. She quite literally said explicitly last year that it wasn't sexualization. When that was largely dismissed due to a lack of people caring, she comes out with this. That just is not the normal behavior of assault victims.

Yeah, it is pretentious.

Reade's story was told and the evidence was laid out. No one is silencing her and she has had plenty of opportunities to get her story straight and the people looking into it were quite sympathetic to her.  

She is just not credible and some on the left need to stop beating around the bush. Yes, most sexual assault accusations are true, but every once awhile you get something like the Duke Lacrosse case and the Reade claims falls into the latter.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1954 on: May 07, 2020, 05:04:41 PM »

I hope people know that if Biden gets forced out, his delegates probably select someone like Andrew Cuomo.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #1955 on: May 07, 2020, 05:05:36 PM »

Between the Vox article, cancelling interviews with Chris Wallace and Don Lemon to give an interview to a notorious softball interviewer in Megyn Kelly, and now hiring a pro-Trump lawyer it’s really hard not to argue that MacArthur had this right all along

The interviews are consistent with a person who experienced a traumatic injury being nervous and afraid of reprisal. They aren't evidence of lying.

I mean they aren't evidence but I am not at all convinced that this is indicative of a fearful and traumatized person. Changing her story in pretty substantial ways and what looks like getting her friends and neighbors to say what she wants them to say does not strike me as "oh she's traumatized and fearful"

The evolving story is the main reason I'm inclined to not accept her story right now, but isn't enough to convince me that she is lying. The people who dredge up tweets or her interview schedule her political opinions as evidence of some sort of bad intentions are leaving out a suite of alternative explanations and aren't proving anything other than that it's very difficult, if you are a victim of sexual assault, to be taken seriously regardless of what the truth is.

The truth only has one version.

If she tells more than one version, she is lying.

Let's be fair, here -- she technically could have been lying by withholding information in making her earlier accusations. I personally don't think that's all that likely, but "if she tells more than one version, she's lying" cuts two ways as a principle.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1956 on: May 07, 2020, 05:11:03 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2020, 05:15:26 PM by 2,868,691 »

The Vox article is good reporting. I find Reade more believable after reading it.

Lol wtf? The whole article was "I really, really want to believe her, but here's a long list of reasons why I just cant."

The author's summary is consistent with my interpretation:

All of this leaves me where no reporter wants to be: mired in the miasma of uncertainty. I wanted to believe Reade when she first came to me, and I worked hard to find the evidence to make certain others would believe her, too. I couldn’t find it. None of that means Reade is lying, but it leaves us in the limbo of Me Too: a story that may be true but that we can’t prove.

It's exactly what I've been saying on this forum for days, and it's the only conclusion justified by the public evidence.

Why, then, do I say that I find her marginally more believable than I did before reading this story, someone might ask? Because this is a journalist who has been investigating Reade's claims for the past year, including several firsthand interviews, and they have uncovered no reason to disbelieve her. It's not easy to lie to someone like that.

You're reading into it what you want to read. Her point is that she finds this too flimsy to believe, even though she really wants to.

If she was intending to convey that she doesn't disbelieve, she would have a had totally different tone and supporting points.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1957 on: May 07, 2020, 05:16:53 PM »

So another part of the interview with Kelly came out. Reade said she'd go under oath, take a polygraph is Biden takes one. I'm still waiting for the "ton of news" that Megyn Kelly said was coming from this interview.
She also said "I am not a criminal" which seems like an oddly defensive thing to say since polygraphs are not only for criminals.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1958 on: May 07, 2020, 05:17:24 PM »

I hope people know that if Biden gets forced out, his delegates probably select someone like Andrew Cuomo.

One more chance for the alt-left to play victim and feed their persecution complex.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1959 on: May 07, 2020, 05:30:10 PM »

If I were "reading what I want to read," I would be posting about how Tara Reade is a crazy bitch like the rest of you.
K.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1960 on: May 07, 2020, 06:04:29 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2020, 06:11:23 PM by roxas11 »

This moment stood out to me and shows the big difference between her and Ford

Im sorry but her answers here is pure BS
Her passing a polygraph test that would be devastating to Biden yet she is refusing to take one because she says she is not a criminal lol

Ford never had any fear about taking a polygraph test and she 100 percent supported a Full FBI investigation into her claims. Ford was willing to do whatever it took to prove she was telling the truth.

Tara has now made it clear is not willing to take a polygraph and the media should be raising questions about what that is
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1961 on: May 07, 2020, 06:13:16 PM »

Breaking: 1996 court document confirms Tara Reade told of harassment in Biden’s office

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/politics-government/article242527331.html

The declaration — exclusively obtained by The Tribune in San Luis Obispo, California — does not say Biden committed the harassment nor does it mention Reade’s more recent allegations of sexual assault.

Reade’s then-husband Theodore Dronen wrote the court declaration. Dronen at the time was contesting a restraining order Reade filed against him days after he filed for divorce, Superior Court records show.

In it, he writes Reade told him about “a problem she was having at work regarding sexual harassment, in U.S. Senator Joe Biden’s office.”
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1962 on: May 07, 2020, 06:15:54 PM »

So it corroborates her 2019 story but not her new one... I think I am seeing a pattern here
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1963 on: May 07, 2020, 06:17:44 PM »

Breaking: 1996 court document confirms Tara Reade told of harassment in Biden’s office

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/politics-government/article242527331.html

The declaration — exclusively obtained by The Tribune in San Luis Obispo, California — does not say Biden committed the harassment nor does it mention Reade’s more recent allegations of sexual assault.

Reade’s then-husband Theodore Dronen wrote the court declaration. Dronen at the time was contesting a restraining order Reade filed against him days after he filed for divorce, Superior Court records show.

In it, he writes Reade told him about “a problem she was having at work regarding sexual harassment, in U.S. Senator Joe Biden’s office.”

So in other words it tells us absolutely nothing and proves nothing
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1964 on: May 07, 2020, 06:20:26 PM »

The Democrats are starting to sound like Baghdad Bob. Your nominee' favorable rating has plunged from neutral to -24%. It's pretty clear at this point he sexually harassed Tara Reade and lied about it. Even if he somehow pulls a Northam and hangs on to the nod, there's no way he can beat Trump now.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1965 on: May 07, 2020, 06:20:43 PM »

This is the most pointless 82 page thread in Atlas history.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1966 on: May 07, 2020, 06:22:08 PM »

So it corroborates her 2019 story but not her new one... I think I am seeing a pattern here

Yeah, I'm at a point where I believe that Reade's 2019 allegation was mostly representative of the truth but she changed her story to something more damning to prevent Biden from winning.

But the disturbing part of the court document to me is when her ex-husband writes:

It was obvious that this event had a very traumatic effect on [Reade], and that she is still sensitive and effected [sic] by it to this day.

Yikes.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1967 on: May 07, 2020, 06:23:05 PM »

That moment when Tucker Carlson has fairer coverage than MSNBC.

This isn't that surprising. Even Nick Fuentes went on a 10 minute talk dissecting Reade and defending Biden.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1968 on: May 07, 2020, 06:23:26 PM »

The Democrats are starting to sound like Baghdad Bob. Your nominee' favorable rating has plunged from neutral to -24%. It's pretty clear at this point he sexually harassed Tara Reade and lied about it. Even if he somehow pulls a Northam and hangs on to the nod, there's no way he can beat Trump now.
Biden's favorables have not plunged 24 points lol, what are you talking about?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1969 on: May 07, 2020, 06:25:57 PM »

All I see is a he-said-she-said.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1970 on: May 07, 2020, 06:27:37 PM »

He's getting the favorable rating confused with the "very enthusiastic" support percentage.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1971 on: May 07, 2020, 06:28:02 PM »

The latest Daily Kos poll has him at 34% favorable, 56% unfavorable. Just a few days ago he was at neutral on the RCP average. Now he's at -6 and they haven't even added this poll yet.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1972 on: May 07, 2020, 06:32:18 PM »

The latest Daily Kos poll has him at 34% favorable, 56% unfavorable. Just a few days ago he was at neutral on the RCP average. Now he's at -6 and they haven't even added this poll yet.
The DKos tracker had him at around -25 for most of the primary season. It improved to -20 before the allegations, and has fallen back down 5 points after these came out. Not a 24 point drop. The RCP average is -6 now almost entirely due to a trash change research poll which had him at -17. Monmouth, which found 86% of people heard about the allegations, had him at -3 favorability.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1973 on: May 07, 2020, 06:32:46 PM »

RCP doesn't include Civiqs polls.
Their daily tracking poll has him at -16 which is actually steady for months now and hasn't changed at all during this Reade affair (he was even lower at the beginning of the year).
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1974 on: May 07, 2020, 06:34:41 PM »

you delusional if think any of this is going to matter on November 2020 when Tomorrow we are about to get hit by A Horrific jobs report

P.S.  Northam did more than just hang on
The dems beat the hell of the GOP in Virginia that same year lol
in the end voters simply did not care about what Northam did and make no mistake if Unemployment is super high on election day.....sorry Tara but Job Biden is out next president
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies