Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:39:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 149398 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: April 30, 2020, 06:34:44 PM »

I just wish I could support Joe Biden without either being shamed for it or feeling shame for it. "He's a rapist!" from my left-wing friends, "He's senile!" from my right-wing friends... I still plan to vote for him because I hate Donald Trump but honestly I just can't see us win if this blows up... it'll be worse than the emails... I just feel so terrible I wish this didn't happen...

Why are people being so dismissive of Donald Trump's behavior? Or is everyone bad? It's unfair... I can't think for myself...

lets see the reaction those so called left wing friends have Once a reelected trump replaces Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the courts and gets rid of Roe v wade.......
TBF a lot of the Bernie Bros seem to care more about economic leftism more than the social issues
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1251 on: April 30, 2020, 06:43:51 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2020, 07:08:24 PM by roxas11 »

I just wish I could support Joe Biden without either being shamed for it or feeling shame for it. "He's a rapist!" from my left-wing friends, "He's senile!" from my right-wing friends... I still plan to vote for him because I hate Donald Trump but honestly I just can't see us win if this blows up... it'll be worse than the emails... I just feel so terrible I wish this didn't happen...

Why are people being so dismissive of Donald Trump's behavior? Or is everyone bad? It's unfair... I can't think for myself...

lets see the reaction those so called left wing friends have Once a reelected trump replaces Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the courts and gets rid of Roe v wade.......
TBF a lot of the Bernie Bros seem to care more about economic leftism more than the social issues

All of those economic leftist policies they love so much are as good as Dead if the GOP now has complete control over the supreme court

there is no chance in Hell medicare for all will ever be a reality if trump fills courts with far right judges
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1252 on: April 30, 2020, 06:50:28 PM »

God... this entire story is causing me so much stress. Like I can totally see this costing us the election even if there is undeniable proof that what is alleged did not occur because some people are set in their ways of thinking...

I'm going to have to agree as well. I can't take this s*** for six more months! This will be the elephant in the room now no matter what the actual facts indicate and no matter how much Biden would rather discuss important issues like the pandemic and a proper federal response to it.

The only upside is that this is coming out now, amidst the pandemic still mostly being the focus of Americans' attention, rather than in October when it would be a guaranteed nail in Biden's (and the country's) coffin. Still though, the damage could be irreversible, and even the slightest bit of damage could be enough to swing the election to Trump. I mean, we're still going to have to see how it develops, maybe people will recognize the false equivalences between Biden and Trump on matters like this. But I can't shake my apprehensive feelings (as usual). I can't have faith in the American public until they actually end up rejecting Trump at the ballot box.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1253 on: April 30, 2020, 06:51:21 PM »

Obama is perhaps the most meticulous POTUS we’ve ever had—even a hint of legitimacy to this, and Biden wouldn’t have been his VP.

But if there is no paper trail or witnesses of the incident and she didn’t go public with it until recently ... then what was “meticulous” Obama supposed to find during the VP vetting?

As literally stated in the post above yours, she says she told a bunch of people and even more people around Capitol Hill knew about it and blackballed her.

Have you not followed the story at all?

No, she said she complained to some Biden senior aides that Biden made her feel uncomfortable (and she never mentioned a sexual assault to them). Then she said she asked some Congressmen about Biden’s behavior (again without ever mentioning sexual assault to them).

Wrong. Her current claim is that she specifically told Biden staffers and the personnel office about rape, not something less.

To be fair, it is hard to keep track with her
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1254 on: April 30, 2020, 06:53:30 PM »

Obama is perhaps the most meticulous POTUS we’ve ever had—even a hint of legitimacy to this, and Biden wouldn’t have been his VP.

But if there is no paper trail or witnesses of the incident and she didn’t go public with it until recently ... then what was “meticulous” Obama supposed to find during the VP vetting?

As literally stated in the post above yours, she says she told a bunch of people and even more people around Capitol Hill knew about it and blackballed her.

Have you not followed the story at all?

No, she said she complained to some Biden senior aides that Biden made her feel uncomfortable (and she never mentioned a sexual assault to them). Then she said she asked some Congressmen about Biden’s behavior (again without ever mentioning sexual assault to them).

Wrong. Her current claim is that she specifically told Biden staffers and the personnel office about rape, not something less.

To be fair, it is hard to keep track with her

I actually removed this post, because the New York Times says she said she told 3 Biden staffers but didn't mention rape, and the Washington Post says she said she told 6 Biden staffers and did mention rape. So who knows. Both articles are from this month.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1255 on: April 30, 2020, 07:00:36 PM »

I think she should be believed.

Let's see if she put in a sexual harrassmemt claim. Joe Biden's office can release the paperwork from that year.

Given what happened with Bill Clinton, maybe this did happen.

Maybe, just maybe, Joe Biden did grab her on the pussy.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1256 on: April 30, 2020, 07:15:26 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2020, 07:37:25 PM by roxas11 »

Ok seriously did it really HAVE to be Biden like cmon there were 30 other people and two of those people where Bernie sanders and Andrew Yang.

I dont think it would have made if difference even if it was Bernie sanders and Andrew Yang.

Im convinced somebody on the right would have gotten some woman to throw allegations against them to.

Unfortunately Me too will be increasingly weaponized by both sides in order to bring down their opponents
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1257 on: April 30, 2020, 07:19:42 PM »

Ok seriously did it really HAVE to be Biden like cmon there were 30 other people and two of those people where Bernie sanders and Andrew Yang.

I dont think it would have made if difference even if it was Bernie sanders and Andrew Yang.

Im convinced somebody on the right would have gotten some woman to throw allegations against them to.

Unfortunately Me too will be increasingly  weaponized by both sides in order to bring down their opponents

They did try this Booker and Buttigieg during the primary, if I remember correctly. Those were much more swiftly debunked though.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1258 on: April 30, 2020, 07:25:09 PM »

Ok seriously did the nominee really HAVE to be Biden like cmon there were 30 other people and two of those people where Bernie sanders and Andrew Yang.

So if, let’s say, Bernie is the nominee and a woman shows up and accuses him of raping her X years ago, what is Bernie going to do?
JRP1994

« Reply #1259 on: April 30, 2020, 07:29:16 PM »

Ok seriously did the nominee really HAVE to be Biden like cmon there were 30 other people and two of those people where Bernie sanders and Andrew Yang.

So if, let’s say, Bernie is the nominee and a woman shows up and accuses him of raping her X years ago, what is Bernie going to do?

Red rose Twitter would get off their high horse real quick and go scorched earth against her
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1260 on: April 30, 2020, 07:43:57 PM »

Jugging by how badly the Bernie bros have treated woman during the campaign
I would hate to see what they would do to the poor woman who would dare go after their GOD Bernie
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1261 on: April 30, 2020, 07:48:14 PM »

Red rose Twitter would get off their high horse real quick and go scorched earth against her
Meanwhile Donut Twitter would go scorched earth against Bernie and say "SEE I TOLD YOU HE WAS SEXIST" etc etc

You can't win. Unless you nominate a female.

I do think though a sexual assault allegation is easier to stick against Biden because he has history of being somewhat inappropriate with women. There's a reason people thought he was a #MeToo ticking time bomb waiting to happen.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1262 on: April 30, 2020, 07:51:32 PM »

Meanwhile Donut Twitter would go scorched earth against Bernie and say "SEE I TOLD YOU HE WAS SEXIST" etc etc

Nobody on the Democratic side would believe an accusation this flimsy against Bernie. In that alternate world, every red avatar on this thread pointing out the flaws in all of this would be doing the exact same thing.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1263 on: April 30, 2020, 07:54:49 PM »

Jugging by how badly the Bernie bros have treated woman during the campaign
I would hate to see what they would do to the poor woman who would dare go after their GOD Bernie

Bernie Bros probably show up at her house to harass her and surveillant her 24/7.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1264 on: April 30, 2020, 07:58:03 PM »

Nobody on the Democratic side would believe an accusation this flimsy against Bernie. In that alternate world, every red avatar on this thread pointing out the flaws in all of this would be doing the exact same thing.

Hillary supporters would like have a word with you......
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1265 on: April 30, 2020, 07:59:18 PM »

To agree?

Not a single post I've made on this whole thread would be different if Bernie were the accused, and that's true for the rest of us too.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1266 on: April 30, 2020, 08:02:44 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2020, 08:09:33 PM by roxas11 »

To agree?

Not a single post I've made on this whole thread would be different if Bernie were the accused, and that's true for the rest of us too.

yet when the whole Berinie telling warren a woman cant win controversy played out
I saw many former Hillary supporters attacking him on twitter

you may have made peace with Bernie but it is clear that many Hillary supporters still dislike the man and blame him for their loss in 2016. it honesty would not shock me if they brought into allegation about Bernie since some of them already believe that he and his supporters are sexist to begin with 
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1267 on: April 30, 2020, 08:08:30 PM »

If it were was Bernie I would be equally upset because I have had with this both sideism by the media. Biden has one completely flawed allegation while Trump has multiple credible allegations. But if you turn on the TV you will see news anchor discussing how they both have allegations.  
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #1268 on: April 30, 2020, 08:36:00 PM »

We’re doomed
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1269 on: April 30, 2020, 08:39:16 PM »

Thanks for the reminder that the 2020 forum isn't even worth it.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1270 on: April 30, 2020, 08:49:17 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2020, 08:53:32 PM by roxas11 »

So the election is now going to be Tara Reade allegation Vs this

lets see which one the american people will care more about on election day.....
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1271 on: April 30, 2020, 08:54:19 PM »

I’m f**king terrified. All I feel is dread. We’re going to lose...  Trump...

Oh relax. There's six more months left in the election
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1272 on: April 30, 2020, 08:55:28 PM »

I’m f**king terrified. All I feel is dread. We’re going to lose...  Trump...
Oh relax. There's six more months left in the election
Six more months of mudslinging and other slanders to grind Biden’s goodwill into dust...
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1273 on: April 30, 2020, 08:58:59 PM »

Bomster
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1274 on: April 30, 2020, 08:59:51 PM »

The left and right will jump on this... say they’re protecting Biden... god why did this happen
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies