Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:31:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 150150 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: April 29, 2020, 05:51:38 PM »

He's going to be forced to say something. Mostly because outlets online refuse to drop the story, despite there being no new news since Monday. Wapo and NYT keep pushing new stories about it. They won't let it go because they need some type of Biden scandal.

https://twitter.com/melbournecoal/status/1255603098741080064
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1255611603040579587

...remember when #Klobmentum said that Biden don't need a plan and the allegation would just go away?

I stand by my statement. There's only so much media can push a story before it gets over saturated and people stop paying attention.

...we'll see

It will drip drip drip until election day unless something is done.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1101 on: April 29, 2020, 05:57:58 PM »

He's going to be forced to say something. Mostly because outlets online refuse to drop the story, despite there being no new news since Monday. Wapo and NYT keep pushing new stories about it. They won't let it go because they need some type of Biden scandal.

...remember when #Klobmentum said that Biden don't need a plan and the allegation would just go away?

I stand by my statement. There's only so much media can push a story before it gets over saturated and people stop paying attention.

Just like they stopped paying attention to Hillary's emails...
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1102 on: April 29, 2020, 05:58:45 PM »

^ This
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1103 on: April 29, 2020, 05:59:15 PM »

...we'll see

Drip drip drip implies new developments on a regular basis. What new developments are likely in this situation?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1104 on: April 29, 2020, 06:00:33 PM »

Good thing that the media don't have for Biden the hate boner they had for Clinton.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1105 on: April 29, 2020, 06:03:27 PM »

...we'll see

Drip drip drip implies new developments on a regular basis. What new developments are likely in this situation?

That's just it: we don't know yet.

Just a few days ago, we didn't know the Larry King video and the interview with the neighbor would drop.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1106 on: April 29, 2020, 06:04:03 PM »

Good thing that the media don't have for Biden the hate boner they had for Clinton.

Don't be so sure.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1107 on: April 29, 2020, 06:07:56 PM »

I am. Just look at how they handled the Hunter Biden thing.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1108 on: April 29, 2020, 06:08:04 PM »

We got an email dump every other week. That wont be the case here.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1109 on: April 29, 2020, 06:09:42 PM »

We got an email dump every other week. That wont be the case here.

Just a few days ago, we didn't know the Larry King video and the interview with the neighbor would drop.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1110 on: April 29, 2020, 06:09:54 PM »

Nobody has gotten more negative coverage this cycle than Biden.  He got about three weeks of positive coverage after South Carolina, but other than that it's been a non-stop smear campaign from every corner of the media.

It's frustrating reading the blatant mis-reporting of details of these allegations.  NYT and Politico are both reporting that the allegation is the same one Reade made in April 2019, that Lorraine Sanchez has corroborate it, and that Reade's mother complained about it in 1993, which are all lies.
 But then I remember that the media spent two weeks breathlessly reporting about Biden's segregationist past and voters couldn't care less.  Or how the media spent most of July-October only covering Biden if there was a gaffe.  And yet Biden won.

This is the most frustrating part. You'd think that Lorraine Sanchez was actually *there* when it happened by the "Neighbor Corroborates Story" headlines.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1111 on: April 29, 2020, 06:51:02 PM »

If I were an advisor to Biden, I'd probably want him to say something like: "My actions in the past might have made certain women uncomfortable, and for that I apologize. The #MeToo movement has empowered many brave women to come forward and share their stories. As president, I will champion the rights of women as I have done in the past." I don't think that it's a good idea for him to directly address it, as it gives it oxygen and he shouldn't risk being seen as attacking Reade.

If I were "advising" him, I'd tell him to keep ignoring this for now. Any admission of wrongdoing will prompt demands for more apologies and details.

He needs to do something to demonstrate that he takes this seriously, and whether that takes the form of an apology or a denial should be dictated by the facts. Many of the responses that we've seen from campaign surrogates have been worse than hearing nothing at all. (Gillibrand's comments in particular made me want to vomit.)

Another problem that this has raised, speaking personally, is that it has forced me to confront just how bad Biden's unwanted touching problem always was. Because it's not just about the stuff that all of us see during the photo ops. By his own admission he was like that all the time, and, in a less public setting, it's more difficult for the object of that behavior to be sure that it's not intended as a sexual advance.

I don't know. If this is a take-down or a "disinformation campaign," it has been a highly effective one. I don't know what to make of Tara Reade, but - unless they have read something that I haven't, and I have read every detail about this that I can get my hands on - I do know what to make of a lot of important Democrats.

Her story is terribly inconsistent. She's lied several times. She's show clear political bias. The people corroborating her only "recently remembered" that she mentioned assault. She herself has explicitly stated that Biden did not do it. Her mother's statement does not indicate sexual assault ever occurred, but rather unwanted touching or harassment. If people don't want to believe her after ALL of that, then I don't blame them. I heard her out and did my research. I think she's lying. The evidence doesn't point to it being more likely than not that Biden raped her. Sorry bout it
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1112 on: April 29, 2020, 06:59:42 PM »

If I were an advisor to Biden, I'd probably want him to say something like: "My actions in the past might have made certain women uncomfortable, and for that I apologize. The #MeToo movement has empowered many brave women to come forward and share their stories. As president, I will champion the rights of women as I have done in the past." I don't think that it's a good idea for him to directly address it, as it gives it oxygen and he shouldn't risk being seen as attacking Reade.

If I were "advising" him, I'd tell him to keep ignoring this for now. Any admission of wrongdoing will prompt demands for more apologies and details.

He needs to do something to demonstrate that he takes this seriously, and whether that takes the form of an apology or a denial should be dictated by the facts. Many of the responses that we've seen from campaign surrogates have been worse than hearing nothing at all. (Gillibrand's comments in particular made me want to vomit.)
Nothing in her comments was bad.  What are you talking about?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1113 on: April 29, 2020, 07:03:33 PM »

Another problem that this has raised, speaking personally, is that it has forced me to confront just how bad Biden's unwanted touching problem always was. Because it's not just about the stuff that all of us see during the photo ops. By his own admission he was like that all the time, and, in a less public setting, it's more difficult for the object of that behavior to be sure that it's not intended as a sexual advance.

I don't know. If this is a take-down or a "disinformation campaign," it has been a highly effective one. I don't know what to make of Tara Reade, but - unless they have read something that I haven't, and I have read every detail about this that I can get my hands on - I do know what to make of a lot of important Democrats.

My point, from a purely strategic angle, is that apologizing just invites more scrutiny and more apology demands. It's not a winning game. Trump has shown the best approach to scandal is to "So what" about it and just keep going rather than giving any ground whatsoever up.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1114 on: April 29, 2020, 07:14:02 PM »

Whatever one may think of the veracity of Tara Reade's sexual harassment claims, does anyone think this scandal will be to Biden what the State Department email servers were to Hillary Clinton in 2016 with non-stop media coverage?  
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1115 on: April 29, 2020, 07:18:40 PM »

Whatever one may think of the veracity of Tara Reade's sexual harassment claims, does anyone think this scandal will be to Biden what the State Department email servers were to Hillary Clinton in 2016 with non-stop media coverage?  

I don't think that the FBI will start investigating Reade's claims.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1116 on: April 29, 2020, 07:20:08 PM »

I just wish this didn't have to happen...

Biden shouldn't have ran for president then.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1117 on: April 29, 2020, 07:21:26 PM »

Under normal management with a normal Attorney General, sure.  With Donald Trump eager to use every apparatus of government to dig up dirt on his political enemies, and an Attorney General more than happy to cater to his every whim, who knows...
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1118 on: April 29, 2020, 07:22:53 PM »

The opposearch route just might be the route they’re going:

https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstein/biden-accuser-tara-reade-allegedly-stole-from-a-non-profit-organization-e276cac68a2b?fbclid=IwAR331g6auF73KpO4YY_qQz1Qb_fqmAgh50bh-w4H0FsdLML1nKVm2dhsM0o
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1119 on: April 29, 2020, 07:24:08 PM »

That's my worry too. Though unlike the email scandal which was damning due to how it backed up perceptions of Clinton being corrupt, nothing about this allegation compares to Trump's many indiscretions towards women. If the GOP and Trump bring this up, Biden has every right to deflect it right back at their hypocritical asses. Clinton didn't really have the ability to do that with Trump being a political outsider (even though he is still more corrupt than most politicians, even before getting elected). That said, they should still have another defensive strategy ready to go too.

This doesn't seem like a good idea, even if it is true. *Gulp*.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1120 on: April 29, 2020, 07:27:24 PM »

Under normal management with a normal Attorney General, sure.  With Donald Trump eager to use every apparatus of government to dig up dirt on his political enemies, and an Attorney General more than happy to cater to his every whim, who knows...

They already tried to do something similar and it resulted in Trump's impeachment. I don't see how this would not backfire in an equally spectacular way.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1121 on: April 29, 2020, 07:29:31 PM »

That's my worry too. Though unlike the email scandal which was damning due to how it backed up perceptions of Clinton being corrupt, nothing about this allegation compares to Trump's many indiscretions towards women. If the GOP and Trump bring this up, Biden has every right to deflect it right back at their hypocritical asses. Clinton didn't really have the ability to do that with Trump being a political outsider (even though he is still more corrupt than most politicians, even before getting elected). That said, they should still have another defensive strategy ready to go too.

Why isn't is a good idea? If she lied to obtain money from a non-profit of all places, then she is capable of lying about other things. That represents a pattern of dishonesty.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1122 on: April 29, 2020, 07:31:15 PM »

Who thought that it would be a brilliant idea to nominate the person who threw Anita Hill under the bus?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1123 on: April 29, 2020, 07:32:01 PM »

Who thought that it would be a brilliant idea to nominate the person who threw Anita Hill under the bus?

Silence Republican.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1124 on: April 29, 2020, 07:32:21 PM »

Why isn't is a good idea? If she lied to obtain money from a non-profit of all places, then she is capable of lying about other things. That represents a pattern of dishonesty.

It seems overly confrontational and defensive to the point of appearing like they are covering up for Biden's guilt. I don't think it's very relevant to the allegation. They need to be as sensitive to Reade as possible while still proclaiming Biden's innocence.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies