Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 03:19:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148341 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: April 17, 2020, 12:39:09 PM »
« edited: April 17, 2020, 12:55:08 PM by Cory Booker »

Biden's saving grace is Jill Biden, she has Hilary Clinton skills. Eventhough, her husband is a sex abuser, she is very popular with the American people. Hilary lost in 2016 due to Benghazi. Trump will lose in 2020 due to unemployment.

Biden did help rid the world of Bin Laden as Veep and is strong on Israeli issues, like Trump.

This is why Warren stopped holding out on Biden, due to being calmed by Jill Biden over sexual assault.  
chibul
Rookie
« Reply #451 on: April 21, 2020, 09:45:14 PM »

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #452 on: April 21, 2020, 09:54:15 PM »

That doesn't work considering Trump has nearly 20 sexual assault allegations on himself

The goal right now, as it will be throughout the entire elections, isn't to persuade voters to move from Biden to Trump.  It's to persuade Biden voters to vote third party or stay home.

This was also true in 2016.  Trump didn't win by persuasion -- he got 1.1% less than Romney.  He won because a lot of folks who should have voted for Clinton chose to vote for Stein/Johnson or stay home.

So if you go on social media right now it's all Bernie Bros saying "I won't vote for Blue Rapist or Red Rapist" and things like that.  They're trying to get to low-info young voters and convince them to stay home or vote Green.

Green voters aren't people who would vote for any Dem regardless so these aren't people that would ever have voted for Clinton or Biden--and most Johnson voters were right wingers who didn't think Trump would be able to deliver because of his divisiveness--you can guarantee those people would also never have voted for any Dem in 2020. All I see in these posts is that people know Biden is going to lose, and isn't a very winnable candidate, and are laying out the groundwork for the excuses when Trump inevitably wins (and the same tactic would've been done by the Bernie people--claim the Biden people were trying to get people to vote third party--for his eventual loss had he won the nomination instead.)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #453 on: April 21, 2020, 10:03:33 PM »

This is false. Period. Any filed complaint would be public record, the records preserved in this archive simply do not contain office complaints.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #454 on: April 21, 2020, 10:52:30 PM »

That doesn't work considering Trump has nearly 20 sexual assault allegations on himself

The goal right now, as it will be throughout the entire elections, isn't to persuade voters to move from Biden to Trump.  It's to persuade Biden voters to vote third party or stay home.

This was also true in 2016.  Trump didn't win by persuasion -- he got 1.1% less than Romney.  He won because a lot of folks who should have voted for Clinton chose to vote for Stein/Johnson or stay home.

So if you go on social media right now it's all Bernie Bros saying "I won't vote for Blue Rapist or Red Rapist" and things like that.  They're trying to get to low-info young voters and convince them to stay home or vote Green.

Green voters aren't people who would vote for any Dem regardless so these aren't people that would ever have voted for Clinton or Biden--and most Johnson voters were right wingers who didn't think Trump would be able to deliver because of his divisiveness--you can guarantee those people would also never have voted for any Dem in 2020. All I see in these posts is that people know Biden is going to lose, and isn't a very winnable candidate, and are laying out the groundwork for the excuses when Trump inevitably wins (and the same tactic would've been done by the Bernie people--claim the Biden people were trying to get people to vote third party--for his eventual loss had he won the nomination instead.)

13% of Bernie Sanders 2016 primary voters chose to either stay home or vote for Johnson/Stein.  If even half of them had voted for Clinton instead, she would have won a solid victory over Trump with MOV 60 EV, 5 PV.

The fact is that Trump and the right know this is their best strategy.  Instead of trying to persuade people to vote for Trump, persuade people on the left to stay home or vote third party by demoralizing them and creating a moral imperative not to vote for Biden.  Tara Reade is just one of what will be many, many weapons in that offensive.

Meanwhile, Tara Reade has spent the last week searching herself on Twitter and threatening anyone who doesn't believe her story with lawsuits.  An old acquaintance has receipts for her defrauding a horse rescue charity a few years ago.  I can't believe people on the left are still taking her seriously, but such is life in the cult.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #455 on: April 21, 2020, 11:52:50 PM »

13% of Bernie Sanders 2016 primary voters chose to either stay home or vote for Johnson/Stein.  If even half of them had voted for Clinton instead, she would have won a solid victory over Trump with MOV 60 EV, 5 PV.

I won't address the rest because I don't disagree, but you need to consider the context of the 2016 Bernie support--there were a lot of hardliners that were 100% in support of Trump outside of his healthcare/education plans and voted for Bernie as a result (seems to be a thing among white nationalists for example) and other generally populists who were going to vote for whoever they felt was the most populist--not to mention a lot of crossover Republican voters that were 'stop Clinton at all cost'.  Most of that number were not going to vote for any Democrat, ever, and I'll wager that a good chunk would have still voted for Trump even if Bernie won the nomination.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #456 on: April 21, 2020, 11:57:35 PM »

I won't address the rest because I don't disagree, but you need to consider the context of the 2016 Bernie support--there were a lot of hardliners that were 100% in support of Trump outside of his healthcare/education plans and voted for Bernie as a result (seems to be a thing among white nationalists for example) and other generally populists who were going to vote for whoever they felt was the most populist--not to mention a lot of crossover Republican voters that were 'stop Clinton at all cost'.  Most of that number were not going to vote for any Democrat, ever, and I'll wager that a good chunk would have still voted for Trump even if Bernie won the nomination.
This is off topic. Please move this to PM or somewhere else.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #457 on: April 22, 2020, 12:08:18 AM »

I remember her from the „American Pie“ movies.

Did Uncle Joe show up at Stifflerˋs party too and groped little Vicky (in the uncut version that was never aired) ?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #458 on: April 22, 2020, 12:14:10 AM »

I remember her from the „American Pie“ movies.

Did Uncle Joe show up at Stifflerˋs party too and groped little Vicky (in the uncut version that was never aired) ?

Different person.  That's Tara Reid, the actress.  We're talking about Tara Reade, the woman who stole a bunch of money from a horse rescue charity and likes to threaten Twitter egg accounts with lawsuits.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #459 on: April 22, 2020, 12:44:48 AM »

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #460 on: April 22, 2020, 01:03:09 AM »

And another lie:

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #461 on: April 22, 2020, 01:10:37 AM »

Tara Reade was sued for failure to pay rent in 2011.  She filed for bankruptcy in 2012.  She was evicted for failure to pay $12,000 worth of rent in 2013.  She was sued by Synchrony Bank twice, in 2016 and 2017.  She was sued for debt collection by Southwestern Law School in 2016.  Is this your credible accuser?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #462 on: April 22, 2020, 01:34:29 AM »

A random guy on the street could say that he witnessed Biden cheating his wife with the Bigfoot and rose twitter would eat it up.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #463 on: April 22, 2020, 01:38:11 AM »

Tara Reade was sued for failure to pay rent in 2011.  She filed for bankruptcy in 2012.  She was evicted for failure to pay $12,000 worth of rent in 2013.  She was sued by Synchrony Bank twice, in 2016 and 2017.  She was sued for debt collection by Southwestern Law School in 2016.  Is this your credible accuser?

Of course not. The story appears to be a hoax. The problem with all stories like this is fits a narrative certain people want fitted. My biggest problem with false accusation is not just an attempt to ruin ones career, also hurts credibility of actual victims of rape and harassment.
chibul
Rookie
« Reply #464 on: April 22, 2020, 02:29:29 AM »

I hate to defend Tara Reade as I think her story has credibility issues but the fact that she was sued for not paying rent or filing for bankruptcy I'm not sure is proof that she's lying. A lot of people go through financial trouble and can't pay rent or have to file for bankruptcy. Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck. I actually got sued by Synchrony Bank over a credit card bill that I defaulted on (I ended up beating them in court!), doesn't mean that I can't be the victim of a crime.

To me what makes me question her story is the location where she says this occurred. Doesn't she say it happened in the halls of the Russell senate office building? I hear that building is flooded with lobbyists, photographers, police. So it's hard for me to believe a sexual assault occured there without anybody noticing.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #465 on: April 22, 2020, 02:56:29 AM »

I hate to defend Tara Reade as I think her story has credibility issues but the fact that she was sued for not paying rent or filing for bankruptcy I'm not sure is proof that she's lying. A lot of people go through financial trouble and can't pay rent or have to file for bankruptcy. Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck. I actually got sued by Synchrony Bank over a credit card bill that I defaulted on (I ended up beating them in court!), doesn't mean that I can't be the victim of a crime.

To me what makes me question her story is the location where she says this occurred. Doesn't she say it happened in the halls of the Russell senate office building? I hear that building is flooded with lobbyists, photographers, police. So it's hard for me to believe a sexual assault occured there without anybody noticing.

It shows that she has a history of deception.  This isn't just her getting sued once.  This is her getting sued like 6 or 7 times in the last decade.  I remember earlier in this thread, when we first found out she was in severe financial trouble, I asked how she managed to rack up $400,000 of debt in the first place.  Now we have part of the story.

It's been almost a month since I labeled Tara Reade a mentally unstable self-promoting scammer who was obsessed with perceived attacks online.  This is not some wild characterization as it's a fairly common archetype in America and most people on this board probably know someone like this.

So far literally everything we've learned about her has fit in with my initial characterization.  Running around on Twitter threatening lawsuits against anyone who doesn't believe your story is the behavior of a mentally unstable person who is obsessed with perceived attacks online.  Racking up $400,000 in unpaid loans and scamming $1200 off a horse rescue charity is the behavior of a scammer.  Filing a phony police report to "protect yourself from attackers"... well, you get the picture.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #466 on: April 22, 2020, 03:03:46 AM »

The actual number of credible self-identified women alleging sexual assault by Trump is actually almost 300. Literally.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #467 on: April 22, 2020, 09:30:51 AM »

Oh dear, this is a terrible terrible video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6KqT1c7DvU
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #468 on: April 22, 2020, 09:34:47 AM »

This is misinformation and at least half of it is patently false. Please do not share this video with anyone who might not be well informed on the information of this case (or anyone, for that matter).
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #469 on: April 22, 2020, 09:37:36 AM »

This is misinformation and at least half of it is patently false. Please do not share this video with anyone who might not be well informed on the information of this case (or anyone, for that matter).
Oh, I know. Such intellectual dishonesty. I was pretty much fuming throughout. Guys like this really deserve to have false rape allegations directed at them.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #470 on: April 22, 2020, 10:26:48 AM »

as we all know, anyone with student loans cannot be sexually assaulted and is surely lying about it
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #471 on: April 22, 2020, 11:14:55 AM »

as we all know, anyone with student loans cannot be sexually assaulted and is surely lying about it

Honey in America we have this thing called presumption of innocence, remember when AP interviewed 21 people and what? 21 of them said it didn't happen.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #472 on: April 22, 2020, 12:04:27 PM »

Honey in America we have this thing called presumption of innocence, remember when AP interviewed 21 people and what? 21 of them said it didn't happen.
There's a high standard of proof for throwing someone in prison. Let's try to set our standards a little higher when discussing who should get to be president.

Anyway, none of that is a defense of the absurd claim that Reade's student loan debt affects her credibility.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #473 on: April 22, 2020, 12:13:46 PM »

The fact that she stole money coupled with her constantly changing story makes her even less credible. The woman seems to be a professional thief and lie. Nobody raped her, at least not Joe Biden.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #474 on: April 22, 2020, 01:01:36 PM »

She's a documented liar and thief. She has no credibility.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies