St Patrick's Day (Mar 17) Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:24:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  St Patrick's Day (Mar 17) Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
Author Topic: St Patrick's Day (Mar 17) Election Results Thread  (Read 15131 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: March 17, 2020, 09:54:46 PM »

It's clear at this point Sanders is just staying in to amass delegates and give progressives a candidate to vote for.
So he's just wasting everyone's time then?

I mean I don’t care for Sanders but if you think that giving progressives an option in a Democratic primary is a waste of time then that’s pretty antagonistic to a large segment of the Democratic base.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #376 on: March 17, 2020, 09:55:46 PM »

Meanwhile...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/comments/fkhzc5/how_bernie_sanders_is_going_to_come_from_behind/
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #377 on: March 17, 2020, 09:56:08 PM »

I’m hoping turnout can hit 1.5 million in Illinois. That would still be a big hit compared to 2016 but considering everything going on, it wouldn’t be the worst.

Oh we do. But the line in the sand should be abortion rights.

I don't think any one issue should be the line. But in addition to being pro-life, his votes have been anti-LGBT, anti-Obamacare, and generally fiscally conservative.

I'm all for big tent, but it is a solid Democratic district with a machine past that no longer is. Time for a change.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #378 on: March 17, 2020, 09:57:02 PM »

Lipinski getting voted out shows how truly narrow and stupid the democratic base really is. I thought you wanted a big tent? Idiots.

We ARE the big tent party, and we value our moderates. But the line in the sand should be women's reproductive freedom and there is no excuse for being anti-choice in a solid blue district.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #379 on: March 17, 2020, 09:57:33 PM »

I’m hoping turnout can hit 1.5 million in Illinois. That would still be a big hit compared to 2016 but considering everything going on, it wouldn’t be the worst.

Oh we do. But the line in the sand should be abortion rights.

I don't think any one issue should be the line. But in addition to being pro-life, his votes have been anti-LGBT, anti-Obamacare, and generally fiscally conservative.

I'm all for big tent, but it is a solid Democratic district with a machine past that no longer is. Time for a change.

I replied to the wrong post... I'm tired. But yes, I agree. It's not just his anti-choice stance that made him awful.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #380 on: March 17, 2020, 09:57:53 PM »

Sanders came 5th in my precinct

Biden won it 54% to Bloomberg's 28%, Warren and Buttigieg each got 5% each

Damn... you must live in a posh 'burb.

Can give you suggestions for places with Hammers and Sickles sigs that might be cooler than the joint where you currently reside, but you gotta start with an "Escape from Florida" (Snake Plissken) humor....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_from_New_York

Give us a County.... Bloomberg at 28% tells me it must in one of two Counties in South Florida. Wink
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #381 on: March 17, 2020, 09:58:08 PM »

Lipinski getting voted out shows how truly narrow and stupid the democratic base really is. I thought you wanted a big tent? Idiots.

We ARE the big tent party, and we value our moderates. But the line in the sand should be women's reproductive freedom and there is no excuse for being anti-choice in a solid blue district.

You mean pro-abortion.  And you just cut out at least 40% of the nation.  Obviously not such a big tent.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #382 on: March 17, 2020, 09:58:49 PM »

A couple of data points from Illinois:

Bernie lost Mason County by 7 votes in 2016. Today Biden beat him 68-24 (100% of precincts reporting). This poor, 98% white county used to be a swing county but voted for Trump by over 20. This result would bode well for Biden’s chances to win back the rust belt.

The bellwether county of Peoria, which almost always votes for the popular vote winner in the general election (Hillary + 2.5 in 2016) voted for Biden, 64-28, over Sanders.

As much as I'd love to agree with your analysis, and hope it will ultimately be true, one should almost never extrapolate general election performance and Trends from primary election results.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #383 on: March 17, 2020, 09:59:05 PM »

Actually, there is. But, drink the social liberal poison I guess.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #384 on: March 17, 2020, 10:00:22 PM »

You mean pro-abortion.  And you just cut out at least 40% of the nation.  Obviously not such a big tent.

Abortion is an overblown issue in this country. When it comes down to whether or not women should have the right to get an abortion, considering the many difficult circumstances, the vast majority of Americans are pro-choice.  
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #385 on: March 17, 2020, 10:00:45 PM »

Actually, there is. But, drink the social liberal poison I guess.

Literally who cares what you think?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #386 on: March 17, 2020, 10:00:58 PM »

Anyways, this thread is about the St Patrick's Day primaries and we should get back on topic. I take partial responsibility for throwing it off.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #387 on: March 17, 2020, 10:01:05 PM »

Abortion is an overblown issue in this country. When it comes down to whether or not women should have the right to get an abortion, considering the many difficult circumstances, the vast majority of Americans are pro-choice.  

Nope.
Higgins
« Reply #388 on: March 17, 2020, 10:01:16 PM »

It's clear at this point Sanders is just staying in to amass delegates and give progressives a candidate to vote for.

Bernie is Donald Trump's biggest fan and greatest campaign surrogate. He's been doing this for Donny since 2016. He will continue to do so, as Fascism is preferable to him to moderation.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #389 on: March 17, 2020, 10:01:40 PM »

I'll gladly repeat myself. Find me the pro-choice, longtime pro-gay marriage, pro-obamacare, Pro DREAM Act, generally moderate to right of Center on other issues Republican who refused to endorse Romney in 2012 as too extreme, and represents a + 6r District or state.

Such a concept is of course laughable. The fact that folks like Lipinski even could survive for eight terms in such a district shows that Democrats are indeed a big tent party. Not to mention folks like Joe manchin, Ben McAdams, horn, Cunningham, Etc, who by and large have no comprable counterpart on the other side of the aisle.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #390 on: March 17, 2020, 10:03:36 PM »

AZ starting to come in.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #391 on: March 17, 2020, 10:04:25 PM »

Slightly OT (so apologies for the derailing)....

It is Saint Patrick's Day, AND it is a DEM PRIM election...

So although I am a bit older in years, I still consider myself an "Obama Democrat"

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #392 on: March 17, 2020, 10:04:31 PM »

Bernie is Donald Trump's biggest fan and greatest campaign surrogate. He's been doing this for Donny since 2016. He will continue to do so, as Fascism is preferable to him to moderation.

You can't be serious? As we all know Hillary staying in the race sure helped McCain in 2008
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #393 on: March 17, 2020, 10:05:10 PM »

So then, not truly supportive of moderates...just look at how Cuellar got to slide by just fine!

Pretty sad that abortion is such a litmus, purity test sort of thing...but M4A? Pfft lolthatsnotgonnahappenanywaywiththeRepublicans.

What a joke.

Votes are not legally allowed to be released until 11pm. Even though the state does not observe Daylight Savings, the native tribes do. So during this period when the state closes at 10pm rather than 11pm est (like in november), votes are embargoed.

I see. I wish I had reflected this before submitting the midpoint.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #394 on: March 17, 2020, 10:05:26 PM »

I'll gladly repeat myself. Find me the pro-choice, longtime pro-gay marriage, pro-obamacare, Pro DREAM Act, generally moderate to right of Center on other issues Republican who refused to endorse Romney in 2012 as too extreme, and represents a + 6r District or state.

Such a concept is of course laughable. The fact that folks like Lipinski even could survive for eight terms in such a district shows that Democrats are indeed a big tent party. Not to mention folks like Joe manchin, Ben McAdams, horn, Cunningham, Etc, who by and large have no comprable counterpart on the other side of the aisle.

Yup.

The days of the Bob Dolds and Charlie Dents are long gone.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #395 on: March 17, 2020, 10:05:44 PM »

AZ results coming now. Sanders wins Coconino EV but by less than last time. Biden winning Pinal, graham, Gila.

If this is the full state and not just coconino (all in at time of tweet), then Bernie got decent hispanic numbers from the border and native groups. But it doesn't really matter since Maricopa and her suburbs are where Biden would drop bombs just like everywhere else so far. DDHQ has some of Maricopa and it is as brutal as expected.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #396 on: March 17, 2020, 10:06:17 PM »

ANYWAYS, Arizona is coming in.

2% reporting

Biden: 48.4%
Sanders: 35.4%
n1240

« Reply #397 on: March 17, 2020, 10:06:30 PM »

Biden+11.5 in Maricopa
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #398 on: March 17, 2020, 10:06:42 PM »

So then, not truly supportive of moderates...just look at how Cuellar got to slide by just fine!

Pretty sad that abortion is such a litmus, purity test sort of thing...but M4A? Pfft lolthatsnotgonnahappenanywaywiththeRepublicans.

What a joke.

Votes are not legally allowed to be released until 11pm. Even though the state does not observe Daylight Savings, the native tribes do. So during this period when the state closes at 10pm rather than 11pm est (like in november), votes are embargoed.

I see. I wish I had reflected this before submitting the midpoint.
I really think this whole thing is being overblown. The third party stole votes from Lipinski, which is why he lost.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #399 on: March 17, 2020, 10:07:07 PM »

And NYT calls Arizona for Biden.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length