Mini Tuesday results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 01:14:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Mini Tuesday results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 40
Author Topic: Mini Tuesday results thread  (Read 48759 times)
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: March 10, 2020, 09:17:45 PM »

Donald J. Trump with 98% of the vote in MI! 59% in.

Almost all Republicans are awful, exhibit number 247

Isn't that about what Putin got in the last Russian election?

No. Putin received 77% in 2018. What the primaries have shown is that the Never Trumper movement is effectively dead, and is completely irrelevant, at this point.

Never Trumpers are now Democrats, and there are a lot of them.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #526 on: March 10, 2020, 09:19:03 PM »

OK, guys, you won. Congratulations. Don't be asses about it.
The Bernouts have been asses since 2015. This is our night.

Hope four more years of Trump and an 6-3 Republican Supreme Court is worth a few hours of gloating.
What are you talking about? Bernie just lost the nomination. We aren't getting 4 more years of Trump lmao

Alienating Bernie voters isn't going to win Biden the election. Just ask Hillary how well that worked.

Why is the bar so much higher for us? All you guys do is whine and cry and constantly alienate moderates and Biden supporters, while disregarding millions of voters as "the establishment".

You keep lumping me in with the Bernie voters for some reason--I'm just as much against him as I am Biden (and am voting for Steyer) but the Biden folks need to realize if they want the other side to come to theirs, they need to not be asses about it. The "bar is higher" so to speak because now the primary is effectively over. I'd be telling the Bernie folks the same were the tables turned.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #527 on: March 10, 2020, 09:19:18 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #528 on: March 10, 2020, 09:19:40 PM »

👀👀👀

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #529 on: March 10, 2020, 09:20:11 PM »

Sanders has the first two votes in Idaho!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #530 on: March 10, 2020, 09:20:14 PM »

No. Putin received 77% in 2018. What the primaries have shown is that the Never Trumper movement is effectively dead, and is completely irrelevant, at this point.

The cult succeeded in crushing any dissent within the party, or otherwise forcing out those who disagreed.

I'm aware of that, and have noted it before, including earlier today.

Nope, its very relevant.  They're just not voting in the Republican Primay anymore.  Its just your wet dream.

What I meant is that the Republican base has rallied behind Trump, including virtually the entire Establishment, contrary to the hopes of Bill Weld and those like him. I'm aware that many of the most ardently anti-Trump Republicans are no longer within the party-again, I noted this earlier today on a different thread, discussing the Alabama runoff:

Thank god. I don't want Sessions returning to the Senate.

Tumorville is worse. Probably going to just abstain if he gets the nomination.

Objectively this is just stupid. How Tuberville would vote is far more aligned with you than Doug Jones, and Tuberville is far closer to you than he is to Jones.

I have to agree with you here. I honestly don't know much about Tuberville, aside from him being a former football coach and a Trumpist. Honestly, what Republicans, aside from the utterly irrelevant Never Trumper minority (and Republicans turned independents or Democrats like Bill Kristol and Justin Amash, as well as some of the few remaining moderate Governors like Charlie Baker and Larry Hogan), are not Trump sycophants or at the very least Trump abettors (i.e. Susan Collins, Lamar Alexander) at this point? Sessions himself is sucking up to Trump, as much as he can, so there is little difference on that score. Tuberville and Sessions would both vote in line with Trump and the Republican Establishment >90% of the time, and would both represent a move to the right compared to Doug Jones, who voted, along with all Democratic Senators, to remove Trump from office.

The relevant portion is bolded.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #531 on: March 10, 2020, 09:20:44 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #532 on: March 10, 2020, 09:21:14 PM »

Shut up Badger.

Hey, I said almost all. Wink

Seriously though, that's mostly a reaction to one of our resident greatest hacks on the Forum blabbering on about Trump getting near unanimous vote in the Michigan primary is if that means something. It's annoying at best, and downright snotty at worse.

It makes me cringe to think of it's only a couple months before he begins posting over 10 times a day how John James and Trump are absolutely guaranteed to carry Michigan. Roll Eyes
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #533 on: March 10, 2020, 09:22:28 PM »

I think it would be more accurate to say that it's been driven out of the Republican party.  A lot of it is probably in the Biden column tonight.

Exactly.
And a small handful (but yet vital amount) will probably vote for Biden in the general.
Just because trump is running the R primaries basically uncontested, doesnt mean Never Trumpers dont exist and are irrelevant.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #534 on: March 10, 2020, 09:22:41 PM »

I had a post modded earlier, so I'll be gentle. Still waiting for Biden to appear in public tonight.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #535 on: March 10, 2020, 09:23:10 PM »

I hope it's a sign he'll be suspending his campaign. Given the situation, carrying on with the campaign would be absolutely counterproductive.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #536 on: March 10, 2020, 09:23:17 PM »

I emphasize this also. Some people on here are quick to jump down your throats, even if you agree with them on something....
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #537 on: March 10, 2020, 09:23:55 PM »

10% of North Dakota in. Bernie up 13.5.

This is ONLY the vote by mail results.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #538 on: March 10, 2020, 09:24:13 PM »

OK, guys, you won. Congratulations. Don't be asses about it.
The Bernouts have been asses since 2015. This is our night.

Hope four more years of Trump and an 6-3 Republican Supreme Court is worth a few hours of gloating.
What are you talking about? Bernie just lost the nomination. We aren't getting 4 more years of Trump lmao

Speaking as someone else who is Happy Biden so  tonight, give it a rest dude. What you're posting isn't about politics, it's simply classless.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #539 on: March 10, 2020, 09:24:30 PM »

I think Sanders is more likely to be below viability than above in Mississippi right now...
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #540 on: March 10, 2020, 09:24:47 PM »

Can everyone just stop purposely rubbing it in Bernie supporters faces. Yes we got that from that at times, and a bit of gloating is ok, but there is absolutely no reason to be malicious to people who were extremely passionate about a candidate whose presidential hopes were ruined tonight
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #541 on: March 10, 2020, 09:25:09 PM »

An old post of mine-

The Michigan primary seems like it could really have huge implications. Clinton had solid leads going into it last time but then Sanders won pretty much as a preview of what happened in the GE. If Biden wins it will show he has more strength in the rust belt than Clinton did.

Biden didn't just win, he's currently ahead by 15 points. The "OMGEE, HE'S THE SAME AS CLINTON" attack doesn't hold water anymore. Biden is clearly stronger in the Rust Belt and has more appeal with working class white men than Clinton. Doesn't necessarily mean he's guaranteed to win, but acting like he's a Clinton clone who appeals to an identical coalition is lazy and baseless.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #542 on: March 10, 2020, 09:25:19 PM »

Sanders is ahead in North Dakota's Vote By Mail Caucus 39.7-26.2, per NYT.
Higgins
« Reply #543 on: March 10, 2020, 09:25:26 PM »

I hope it's a sign he'll be suspending his campaign. Given the situation, carrying on with the campaign would be absolutely counterproductive.

This means of course he’ll carry on through June, doing as much as he can to damage the party and front runner before the autumn. His ego cannot accept defeat.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #544 on: March 10, 2020, 09:26:18 PM »

This means of course he’ll carry on through June, doing as much as he can to damage the party and front runner before the autumn. His ego cannot accept defeat.

I think you are doing him a disservice.  At least wait to see what he actually does.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #545 on: March 10, 2020, 09:26:51 PM »

👀👀👀

Someone prominet  tweeted (I no longer can find it) that biden would be under pressure to pick:

A women
A person of color
Somone from the Left

Putting all four togeather, there is really only one person notable enough, and she is from Massachusetts. It would be a total parallel to Romney's pick of Ryan, since she would be aligned with the activist legislative left, but not from the crazy left.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #546 on: March 10, 2020, 09:27:58 PM »

Sanders has 2 votes in Idaho and is currently winning with 100% of the vote
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #547 on: March 10, 2020, 09:28:29 PM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #548 on: March 10, 2020, 09:28:51 PM »

I think you are doing him a disservice.  At least wait to see what he actually does.

I agree. Sanders has said repeatedly that defeating Trump is critical, and has said that he would support the Democratic nominee, regardless of who it is. And he has described Biden as a "friend" numerous times, making it clear that he was not interested in launching personal attacks against him. Given all of this, I think Sanders could very well own up to reality and bow out of the primary.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #549 on: March 10, 2020, 09:29:55 PM »

Can everyone just stop purposely rubbing it in Bernie supporters faces. Yes we got that from that at times, and a bit of gloating is ok, but there is absolutely no reason to be malicious to people who were extremely passionate about a candidate whose presidential hopes were ruined tonight

This * 1000.

FTR, this is one Biden voter, or will be for next week's primary, who would have campaign his ass off for Sanders to beat Trump in November if he were the nominee.

This was a family feud. Those are always the harshest to get over it. But now it's time to gather round Thanksgiving table, say grace, forgive and forget, then go whoop the ass of the neighbors in November. ( electorialy speaking, of course)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies