Super Tuesday Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:39:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Super Tuesday Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 ... 94
Author Topic: Super Tuesday Results Thread  (Read 96149 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2025 on: March 05, 2020, 01:06:50 AM »

Fun fact: it looks like Julian Castro (and to a lesser extent Rocky de la Fuente) got a fair number of votes in the Rio Grande Valley.

Looks like the same is happening in Imperial County, CA.

Buttigieg according to The Green Papers actually has a delegate from California based on results so far.

He's at 16.1% in CA-36 but that almost certainly won't hold

I see you Palm Springs!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2026 on: March 05, 2020, 02:16:07 AM »

Loving those Bloomberg voters in the hills.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2027 on: March 05, 2020, 02:38:50 AM »

California: Amador County Update....

A tiny County in the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range which voted (58-33 Trump in the '16 GE) and (56-41 McCain in the '08 GE)...

Skews heavily Retirees % White.

California Vote Update--- Amador County

TOTAL AMADOR CO REG VOTERS 2020:   23,717

2016: 4,990 TOTAL DEM PRIM VOTERS

HRC:        2,516 Votes     (50.4%)
Bernie:     2,386 Votes     (47.8%)

2020 AMADOR COUNTY ELECTION NIGHT VOTES (3,696 Votes):

Bernie:               738 Votes  (20.0%)       
Biden:                792 Votes  (21.4%)
Bloomberg:         736 Votes  (19.9%)
Warren:              365 Votes  (9.9%)
Pete:                  436  Votes  (11.8%)
Amy:                  264   Votes (7.1%)
Others:               365  Votes  (9.9%)

2020 AMADOR COUNTY 3/4/20 UPDATES VOTES (5,644 TOT VOTES):

Bernie:               1,150   Votes  (20.4%)     +412 Votes   (+0.4%) 
Biden:                1,602  Votes   (28.4%)     +810 Votes  (+7.0%)   
Bloomberg:          949   Votes   (11.7%)     +213 Votes   (-8.2%)
Warren:               604  Votes   (12.1%)      +239 Votes   (+2.2%)
Pete:                   489   Votes   ( 4.1%)      + 63 Votes   (-7.7%)
Amy:                   291   Votes   ( 1.9%)      + 27 Votes   (-5.2%)
Others:                559   Votes   ( 5.8%)      +194 Votes  (-4.1%)     

*** Numbers are likely skewed by Write-In Ballots between ED numbers and County level numbers.

Regardless, looks like Biden benefited from late breakers, and exhibited similar weaknesses as in parts of IA and NH among older White retirees....

Most likely this will be close to the final vote tally within the County, outside of a few Provisionals here and there...

Junior Chimp

« Reply #2028 on: March 05, 2020, 10:38:54 AM »

Hopefully Sanders can GAIN another 50K out of CA.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #2029 on: March 05, 2020, 10:54:34 AM »

This is my bi-yearly reminder that the way California counts its votes is a disgrace.  Every year I hear the excuse that "its a really big state so it takes longer", which has no bearing on their ability to count votes.

It's the single most damning thing about "the National Popular Vote" plan is our most populous state takes 6 weeks to count votes. Right now, California incompetence and poor government is internalized to only affecting Californians. I do not want it to be affecting me.

How would this state ever be able to handle a statewide recount? Seriously, let's think about this. Now probably not for president because the Democrats enjoy supermajority status currently. But say you have a Governor or Senator race with 2 Democrats on the ballot and they're 50/50. How long would it take for them to declare a definitive winner?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2030 on: March 05, 2020, 10:56:45 AM »

This is my bi-yearly reminder that the way California counts its votes is a disgrace.  Every year I hear the excuse that "its a really big state so it takes longer", which has no bearing on their ability to count votes.

The alternative is Florida, and given how 2018 Broward went...that doesn't seem a good difference.

Let the state take its time and get the results correct, rather than become another one of those states with irregularities and controversies.

That's not really the only alternative.. You don't need a full month to count the votes correctly.  Somehow Virginia managed to count pretty much 100% of the vote in a matter of hours, and I don't hear of any issues there.  Let the state take its time, sure..  California had a full day today and went from 54% to 58%.  There's a happy medium between rushing the count and this.

Virginia is largely Election Day only [which is partially why I sat out of 2013]. California has one of the longest early-voting periods, combined with lots of perma-absentee ballots [as yours truly has voted]. These things do make a difference, along with size.

Then thats part of the problem too.  We have an election day for a reason.  Unless you're disabled, go to the polls.  This country allows everyone to be so coddled.  No other nation needs to go through these ridiculous hoops to get people to vote.  And they still vote at much lower levels than other western nations.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2031 on: March 05, 2020, 12:19:47 PM »

This is my bi-yearly reminder that the way California counts its votes is a disgrace.  Every year I hear the excuse that "its a really big state so it takes longer", which has no bearing on their ability to count votes.

The alternative is Florida, and given how 2018 Broward went...that doesn't seem a good difference.

Let the state take its time and get the results correct, rather than become another one of those states with irregularities and controversies.

That's not really the only alternative.. You don't need a full month to count the votes correctly.  Somehow Virginia managed to count pretty much 100% of the vote in a matter of hours, and I don't hear of any issues there.  Let the state take its time, sure..  California had a full day today and went from 54% to 58%.  There's a happy medium between rushing the count and this.

Virginia is largely Election Day only [which is partially why I sat out of 2013]. California has one of the longest early-voting periods, combined with lots of perma-absentee ballots [as yours truly has voted]. These things do make a difference, along with size.

Then thats part of the problem too.  We have an election day for a reason.  Unless you're disabled, go to the polls.  This country allows everyone to be so coddled.  No other nation needs to go through these ridiculous hoops to get people to vote.  And they still vote at much lower levels than other western nations.

Allowing everyone to easily vote is more important than speed. The eventual goal in the United States should be universal vote by mail like Colorado and Washington.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2032 on: March 05, 2020, 12:35:20 PM »

Allowing everyone to easily vote is more important than speed. The eventual goal in the United States should be universal vote by mail like Colorado and Washington.

Everyone is already able to easily vote.  If you have a disability that prevents you from going outside, vote absentee.  Otherwise, go to a polling station like everyone else in the world. 
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2033 on: March 05, 2020, 12:41:03 PM »

Everyone is already able to easily vote.  If you have a disability that prevents you from going outside, vote absentee.  Otherwise, go to a polling station like everyone else in the world. 

Can you imagine if this BS played out every other November on Election Night?
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #2034 on: March 05, 2020, 12:45:17 PM »

Hypothetical national popular vote election:

"Right now, Smith is ahead of Jones by 13000 votes. This has come down 200000 since Election Day 3 weeks ago. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and government offices will be closed, but we'll be back on Monday as the nation and the world awaits outside California county election board offices with baited breath to see if this 13000 vote difference will be overcome. We should hopefully get a result before Christmas."
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2035 on: March 05, 2020, 12:49:28 PM »

And yet, some people look at that and say yes, lets expand it to the whole country!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2036 on: March 05, 2020, 12:50:27 PM »

Then thats part of the problem too.  We have an election day for a reason.  Unless you're disabled, go to the polls.  This country allows everyone to be so coddled.  No other nation needs to go through these ridiculous hoops to get people to vote.  And they still vote at much lower levels than other western nations.

Everyone is already able to easily vote.  If you have a disability that prevents you from going outside, vote absentee.  Otherwise, go to a polling station like everyone else in the world.  

"Right now, Smith is ahead of Jones by 13000 votes. This has come down 200000 since Election Day 3 weeks ago. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and government offices will be closed, but we'll be back on Monday as the nation and the world awaits outside California county election board offices with baited breath to see if this 13000 vote difference will be overcome. We should hopefully get a result before Christmas."

I don't see the problem, as long as the state and counties communicate their process. Paticence is a virtue.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #2037 on: March 05, 2020, 12:57:25 PM »

Then thats part of the problem too.  We have an election day for a reason.  Unless you're disabled, go to the polls.  This country allows everyone to be so coddled.  No other nation needs to go through these ridiculous hoops to get people to vote.  And they still vote at much lower levels than other western nations.

Everyone is already able to easily vote.  If you have a disability that prevents you from going outside, vote absentee.  Otherwise, go to a polling station like everyone else in the world.  

I don't see the problem, as long as the state and counties communicate their process. Paticence is a virtue.

I'm going to review yours and others' post history that defend this practice to see what the reaction was to the delay in counting the votes of the Iowa caucuses.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2038 on: March 05, 2020, 01:01:15 PM »

I'm going to review yours and others' post history that defend this practice to see what the reaction was to the delay in counting the votes of the Iowa caucuses.

The problem with Iowa was their incompetence. They had no idea what they were going to do if things didn't work perfectly. Also there is a big difference between counting 175K votes to over 6 million votes.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #2039 on: March 05, 2020, 01:05:18 PM »

Gass3268 described the Iowa caucuses having 100% reporting 72 HOURS LATER as: "100% in! Is the nightmare finally over?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=357331.msg7166462#msg7166462

So we have it established based on your own post that full results taking 72 hours is a nightmare. What does that make results that take 30 days to get full results? The ninth circle of hell?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2040 on: March 05, 2020, 01:05:51 PM »

The problem with Iowa was their incompetence. They had no idea what they were going to do if things didn't work perfectly. Also there is a big difference between counting 175K votes to over 6 million votes.

Not really.  Presumably there is a proportional amount of people counting the votes.  The argument that California has more people so it should take longer makes no sense.  They also have more people to count.  The UK has a population almost double the size of CA, and they count every vote within 24 hours of the polls closing, and most much quicker than that.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2041 on: March 05, 2020, 01:06:55 PM »

Sad, but True!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2042 on: March 05, 2020, 01:17:59 PM »

Gass3268 described the Iowa caucuses having 100% reporting 72 HOURS LATER as: "100% in! Is the nightmare finally over?

So we have it established based on your own post that full results taking 72 hours is a nightmare. What does that make results that take 30 days to get full results? The ninth circle of hell?

You didn't even read my respose. Sad!
Omega21

« Reply #2043 on: March 05, 2020, 01:51:31 PM »

It's really interesting to see the AA vote, one would expect the AA votes would go to Bernie since I assume his policies would most benefit people of colour since they're usually less well off financially.

Guess his only problem is that he didn't happen to be Obama's little helper back in the day.

Not the way I'd choose if I was an AA, but I understand I guess. 
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #2044 on: March 05, 2020, 02:13:56 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2020, 02:17:46 PM by StateBoiler »

I did. California taking weeks to count results I established earlier in the thread as likewise incompetence, and also poor government. Post at 3 hours, 20 minutes ago from time of this post.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #2045 on: March 05, 2020, 02:15:29 PM »

Biden gained a net 9 delegates from the state of TX. 111-102-10-5.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2046 on: March 05, 2020, 02:18:20 PM »

It's still fairly crazy to me that Biden's net vote margin out of Virginia might be larger than Bernie's net vote margin out of California.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2047 on: March 05, 2020, 02:18:40 PM »

Biden gained a net 9 delegates from the state of TX. 111-102-10-5.
This is interesting. I thought Biden would have a stronger delegate distribution, considering he won Texas by close to 100k and won most places besides the Rio Grande Valley, Austin, and Bejar narrowly.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2048 on: March 05, 2020, 02:19:52 PM »

I did. California taking weeks to count results I established earlier in the thread as likewise incompetence, and also poor government. Post at 3 hours, 20 minutes ago from time of this post.

Again, allowing more people to vote and making it easier to vote is more important that counting fast. As long as they inform the public of what their process is and provide daily updates, there is no issue.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #2049 on: March 05, 2020, 02:22:33 PM »

It's really interesting to see the AA vote, one would expect the AA votes would go to Bernie since I assume his policies would most benefit people of colour since they're usually less well off financially.

Guess his only problem is that he didn't happen to be Obama's little helper back in the day.

Not the way I'd choose if I was an AA, but I understand I guess.  

Bernie's Medicare for all was already voted down in 2009 by Snowe, Collins, Lieberman and Specter. Student loan forgiveness already applies to Economic Hardships and permanent disability.  He cant change the Bankruptcy laws. Unless he has a unanimous vote, from Senate. In a filibuster less Senate: pragmatic ideas DC statehood and immigration reform are much more likely to pass with unanimous consent in Senate. Third Biden doesnt put on Publuc Enemy Concerts, along with Obama, he goes to Black Churches that Bernie doesnt go to
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 ... 94  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies