NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:35:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 58
Author Topic: NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)  (Read 52005 times)
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: February 22, 2020, 05:57:53 PM »

I honestly don't see what makes Nevada so important. And I don't see how Sanders winning Nevada makes him the frontrunner or inevitable nominee. I'm calling out both Sanders supporters and the MSM right now.

And to add on to this, if Biden gets in 2nd, which he appears to be on track to do, then he can win SC. If he wins SC, he's back in contention.

So we're circling back to the months old take of "The primary doesn't matter until Biden wins South Carolina"?

That take is as old as Biden's 10%+ leads in the national polls
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #626 on: February 22, 2020, 06:00:54 PM »

Yup, and so people have to consider if they'd rather have whoever Sanders picks as VP or Trump. And when people start thinking about that, now they have to be on board with Sanders and on board with his VP. That will lose some supporters. The chance of Sanders having a health issue during the campaign season even is very possible, and then there's a fairly good chance he wouldn't make it through the 1st Term. If he did, he's be an 83 year-old running for re-election and there would be a good chance he'd die before his second term was over because it wouldn't end until he was around 87 years-old.

The chance of Trump having health issues is probably higher than the chance of Bernie having health issues. Perhaps in one of the debates they should have an athletic competition.

You're delusional. Bernie just had a heart attack. Trump hasn't had any issues.

Trump literally had a heart attack and was rushed to the hospital...
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #627 on: February 22, 2020, 06:01:13 PM »

I honestly don't see what makes Nevada so important. And I don't see how Sanders winning Nevada makes him the frontrunner or inevitable nominee. I'm calling out both Sanders supporters and the MSM right now.

And to add on to this, if Biden gets in 2nd, which he appears to be on track to do, then he can win SC. If he wins SC, he's back in contention.

So we're circling back to the months old take of "The primary doesn't matter until Biden wins South Carolina"?

That take is as old as Biden's 10%+ leads in the national polls

Yep, and it's right too.

Yup, and so people have to consider if they'd rather have whoever Sanders picks as VP or Trump. And when people start thinking about that, now they have to be on board with Sanders and on board with his VP. That will lose some supporters. The chance of Sanders having a health issue during the campaign season even is very possible, and then there's a fairly good chance he wouldn't make it through the 1st Term. If he did, he's be an 83 year-old running for re-election and there would be a good chance he'd die before his second term was over because it wouldn't end until he was around 87 years-old.

The chance of Trump having health issues is probably higher than the chance of Bernie having health issues. Perhaps in one of the debates they should have an athletic competition.

This is a bald faced lie, or you are ridiculously uninformed.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #628 on: February 22, 2020, 06:01:18 PM »

Iowa 2.0. Kornacki reporting some precincts are having trouble incorporating early voting into their results.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #629 on: February 22, 2020, 06:01:41 PM »

I'm sorry, but NO CANDIDATE can spin this result as a win (except for Bernie of course)

Joe can brag about a second place finish, but he is going to lose by more than 2:1, and he pranced around whole country claiming "wait till we get to diverse states, then I will do well".....well, we are seeing him lose a 35%+ non-white state by 25 points
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #630 on: February 22, 2020, 06:02:06 PM »

I would pay money to see a Trump vs. Bernie 400m.  

They should play Basketball:

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #631 on: February 22, 2020, 06:02:34 PM »

There was another entrance poll update, which has toplines at something like:

Sanders 34%
Biden 16%
Buttigieg 14%
Warren 12%
Klobuchar 11%
Steyer 9%

regional breakdown…

Clark (70% of sample):
Sanders 35%
Biden 18%
Buttigieg 14%
Warren 12%
Klobuchar 9%
Steyer 9%

Washoe (20% of sample):
Sanders 35%
Klobuchar 15%
Warren 15%
Buttigieg 14%
Biden 11%
Steyer 7%

rest of state (10% of sample):
Sanders 24%
Buttigieg 23%
Klobuchar 17%
Biden 11%
Warren 11%
Steyer 7%
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #632 on: February 22, 2020, 06:03:11 PM »

I'm sorry, but NO CANDIDATE can spin this result as a win (except for Bernie of course)

Joe can brag about a second place finish, but he is going to lose by more than 2:1, and he pranced around whole country claiming "wait till we get to diverse states, then I will do well".....well, we are seeing him lose a 35%+ non-white state by 25 points

I'd pay money to see Joe Biden "prancing around", too.

They should play basketball

His foot was on the line, it's rigged! It's all rigged, folks!

Iowa 2.0. Kornacki reporting some precincts are having trouble incorporating early voting into their results.

Are these normal glitches for a caucus? Or is that exceptional?  (Though I guess it's important to consider that this is the first time that NV has engaged in early voting for the caucuses, so I just kinda answered my own question lol). 
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #633 on: February 22, 2020, 06:05:16 PM »

Purple heart

Sanders voted against comprehensive immigration reform, and his M4A and Green New Deal proposals are so expensive and far-fetched that they are far less likely to get passed than the plans of other candidates.  Meaning on all three of her issues, Sanders is the least likely candidate to actually enact positive change.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #634 on: February 22, 2020, 06:06:36 PM »

CNN’s map currently has Klobuchar winning White Pine County:

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/state/nevada

Klobuchar 75%
Buttigieg 25%

Of course, that’s just with 4 votes total.  Tongue

But they say those 4 votes are from 10% of the precincts!
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #635 on: February 22, 2020, 06:07:33 PM »

Purple heart

Sanders voted against comprehensive immigration reform, and his M4A and Green New Deal proposals are so expensive and far-fetched that they are far less likely to get passed than the plans of other candidates.  Meaning on all three of her issues, Sanders is the least likely candidate to actually enact positive change.

"How stupid are the Hispanics of Nevada?"
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #636 on: February 22, 2020, 06:08:05 PM »

At some point, at least if you don't want to support Trump, you are going to have to get behind the Democratic nominee and stop attacking him. By continuing to attack him now, you are just going to look worse/less intellectually honest when you flip and start supporting him and defending him against Republican attacks.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #637 on: February 22, 2020, 06:08:13 PM »

Purple heart

Sanders voted against comprehensive immigration reform, and his M4A and Green New Deal proposals are so expensive and far-fetched that they are far less likely to get passed than the plans of other candidates.  Meaning on all three of her issues, Sanders is the least likely candidate to actually enact positive change.

So I personally find a good number of Sanders' plans somewhat unrealistic, but one of Trump's biggest campaign points was also notably unrealistic (building a big beautiful wall along the Mexican border AND Mexico will pay for it).  Not the only one that was, but that one sticks out. 

All I'm saying is that I'm not sure how much "unrealistic plans" affect whole-scale voting in today's political climate, though it might be different for Republicans vs. Democrats.  
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #638 on: February 22, 2020, 06:09:17 PM »

When?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #639 on: February 22, 2020, 06:10:18 PM »

When?

On the same day as Bloomberg's multiple heart attacks Cheesy
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #640 on: February 22, 2020, 06:10:24 PM »

What's the over/under on Sanders being the only viable statewide candidate?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #641 on: February 22, 2020, 06:10:37 PM »

Purple heart

So I personally find a good number of Sanders' plans somewhat unrealistic, but one of Trump's major campaign points was also unrealistic (building a big beautiful wall along the Mexican border AND Mexico will pay for it).  

All I'm saying is that I'm not sure how much "unrealistic plans" affect whole-scale voting in today's political climate, though it might be different for Republicans vs. Democrats.  

The wall though costs around 50 billion while Bernie’s plan costs more than 60 trillion . Trump actually could have got the wall passed if he wanted to but it’s just that he likes it more as a political issue rather than a policy one
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #642 on: February 22, 2020, 06:11:11 PM »

When?

Last november.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #643 on: February 22, 2020, 06:12:09 PM »

Purple heart

You really seem to think that when Cocaine Mitch tells him that he won't bring any legislation to the floor (and yes, he'd give the same treatment to Byeden, contrary to what you've delusionally asserted before), he'll just throw his hands in the air, give up, and do nothing, which is obviously BS.

Plus, we've said it before, and we'll say it again, and we hope this is the last time we'll have to say it: a lot can be accomplished by executive order (and Sanders would be willing to go further than anyone else in the field), and Trump has set a national emergency precedent.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #644 on: February 22, 2020, 06:12:20 PM »

So I personally find a good number of Sanders' plans somewhat unrealistic, but one of Trump's major campaign points was also unrealistic (building a big beautiful wall along the Mexican border AND Mexico will pay for it).  

This is a pretty good take, tbh. I also don't expect that Bernie would be able to achieve everything that he would like to achieve. But the point of campaigning is not simply to talk about what can be done given constraints, but to talk about your broader vision and what you think *should* be done. That goes for Trump and other candidates likewise. The determination of what is actually feasible to do is up to the voters - in particular who else the voters decide to elect. No person, not even the President, is an island, and political outcomes are the result of multiple votes for lots of different candidates in different elections in multiple years.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #645 on: February 22, 2020, 06:12:49 PM »

Purple heart

The wall though costs around 50 billion while Bernie’s plan costs more than 60 trillion . Trump actually could have got the wall passed if he wanted to but it’s just that he likes it more as a political issue rather than a policy one

Uh oh, OSR.  Are we actually disagreeing on something? Tongue

I wasn't just referring to the cost.  The zoning, the construction, the legal battles  (not to mention the "Mexico will pay for it" tagline) made it (and still make it) an unrealistically ambitious project.  

Where we find common ground is that yes, it was just as much a symbolic political posture than an actual tangible object.  
n1240

« Reply #646 on: February 22, 2020, 06:13:52 PM »

What's the over/under on Sanders being the only viable statewide candidate?

Think you means odds rather than o/u but 20% chance or so seems reasonable right now.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #647 on: February 22, 2020, 06:14:11 PM »

CNN’s map currently has Klobuchar winning White Pine County:

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/state/nevada

Klobuchar 75%
Buttigieg 25%

Of course, that’s just with 4 votes total.  Tongue

But they say those 4 votes are from 10% of the precincts!

Klobucounty!
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #648 on: February 22, 2020, 06:14:21 PM »

Maybe this affair with the Culinary Union will finally end the left's unwavering defense of unions. They are economic protection rackets and they're scared sh*tless that the workers they've got under their thumb won't be tied down to their jobs through health benefits any longer.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #649 on: February 22, 2020, 06:14:29 PM »

When?

Last november.

Oh, you're using the speculation as fact. No, in fact, Trump went to the hospital for a regular check-up. A memo was written up for the media to explain that Trump had no chest pain and did not undergo any specialized cardiac or neurological evaluations.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies