NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:27:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 58
Author Topic: NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)  (Read 51946 times)
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: February 22, 2020, 05:45:07 PM »

It's glorious watching James Carville, Joy Reid, and Chris Matthews cry on MSNBC.

Joy Reid actually got what was going on, I didn't read that as crying. Chris Matthews definitely was though, haha.

True, she's still upset about it though.

Chris Matthews compared this to the Fall of France! I don't want Sanders to win, but that's unhinged craziness.

France actually put up a fairly decent fight (underrated via 20-20 hindsight), which is more than can be said for the other candidates in the NV caucuses if the results so far are remotely representative.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #601 on: February 22, 2020, 05:46:59 PM »

I honestly don't see what makes Nevada so important. And I don't see how Sanders winning Nevada makes him the frontrunner or inevitable nominee. I'm calling out both Sanders supporters and the MSM right now.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #602 on: February 22, 2020, 05:47:48 PM »

It's glorious watching James Carville, Joy Reid, and Chris Matthews cry on MSNBC.

Joy Reid actually got what was going on, I didn't read that as crying. Chris Matthews definitely was though, haha.

True, she's still upset about it though.

Chris Matthews compared this to the Fall of France! I don't want Sanders to win, but that's unhinged craziness.

France actually put up a fairly decent fight (underrated via 20-20 hindsight), which is more than can be said for the other candidates in the NV caucuses if the results so far are remotely representative.

If the cable news reports are representative as to what's going on, Biden appears to be the only non-Sanders candidate with a semi-respectable showing.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #603 on: February 22, 2020, 05:48:26 PM »

I honestly don't see what makes Nevada so important. And I don't see how Sanders winning Nevada makes him the frontrunner or inevitable nominee. I'm calling out both Sanders supporters and the MSM right now.

I think it's the unexpectedly large returns that Sanders is experiencing combined with the apparent demographic breakdown of those returns.  

But I'm waiting for the dust to settle before offering my two cents (I just know that everybody wants that). 
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #604 on: February 22, 2020, 05:48:54 PM »

I wouldn't be so important if voters and the media didn't care about the nonexistent phenomenon of "momentum."
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #605 on: February 22, 2020, 05:49:13 PM »

You are great at imagining things, but I don't have to imagine that Bernie Sanders had a heart attack. It actually happened.

Have you ever heard of the concept of having a Vice President, just in case?

Yup, and so people have to consider if they'd rather have whoever Sanders picks as VP or Trump. And when people start thinking about that, now they have to be on board with Sanders and on board with his VP. That will lose some supporters. The chance of Sanders having a health issue during the campaign season even is very possible, and then there's a fairly good chance he wouldn't make it through the 1st Term. If he did, he's be an 83 year-old running for re-election and there would be a good chance he'd die before his second term was over because it wouldn't end until he was around 87 years-old.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #606 on: February 22, 2020, 05:49:28 PM »

What makes any pre-Super Tuesday state important?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #607 on: February 22, 2020, 05:50:28 PM »

What makes any state important before Super Tuesday?

Momentum and the rally effect
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #608 on: February 22, 2020, 05:50:59 PM »

You are great at imagining things, but I don't have to imagine that Bernie Sanders had a heart attack. It actually happened.

Yup, and so people have to consider if they'd rather have whoever Sanders picks as VP or Trump. And when people start thinking about that, now they have to be on board with Sanders and on board with his VP. That will lose some supporters. The chance of Sanders having a health issue during the campaign season even is very possible, and then there's a fairly good chance he wouldn't make it through the 1st Term. If he did, he's be an 83 year-old running for re-election and there would be a good chance he'd die before his second term was over because it wouldn't end until he was around 87 years-old.

I would think that Bernie's VP pick would be more of a turn-on to potential on-the-fence voters than a turn-off (in terms of having to consolidate support for both Bernie and his VP pick, should he become the nominee ofc.)  

Here's a question for you, atheist: what would you think of a Bernie/Klobuchar ticket?
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #609 on: February 22, 2020, 05:51:45 PM »

It is because it is foreshadowing of California, and to some degree perhaps also Texas.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #610 on: February 22, 2020, 05:51:52 PM »

It would Sanders in the delegate lead, for one.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #611 on: February 22, 2020, 05:51:56 PM »

You are correct. People are overreacting. There's a long road ahead. Super Tuesday is what will separate and consolidate the pack. People on here have made grand claims after Iowa and New Hampshire. They are making the same mistakes at the start of the Nevada results now. They'll do the same thing after South Carolina probably.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #612 on: February 22, 2020, 05:52:37 PM »

Jesus, so slow again. AP link has stopped at 55,50,50.

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #613 on: February 22, 2020, 05:52:53 PM »

The four pre-ST states set the media narrative. They are not about the delegates. They are about testing all of the candidates in four geographically and demographically diverse states to see who performs best where. So far Sanders is the only candidate who has shown strong numbers across all three states.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #614 on: February 22, 2020, 05:53:54 PM »

Joe just might dip under 15% statewide, which means he won't be viable for any statewide delegates.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #615 on: February 22, 2020, 05:53:54 PM »

The four pre-ST states set the media narrative. They are not about the delegates. They are about testing all of the candidates in four geographically and demographically diverse states to see who performs best where. So far Sanders is the only candidate who has shown strong numbers across all three states.

I agree with everything you said. And I strongly think Nevada is an indicator of the national landscape as a whole.

I just found Grassr00ts' comment on the silly side
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #616 on: February 22, 2020, 05:53:56 PM »

I would think that Bernie's VP pick would be more of a turn-on to potential on-the-fence voters than a turn-off (in terms of having to consolidate support for both Bernie and his VP pick, should he become the nominee ofc.)  

Here's a question for you, atheist: what would you think of a Bernie/Klobuchar ticket?

Many people will vote for a President based just on who is running for President. Nobody votes for President based solely on who is VP. So it's more of a weening factor.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #617 on: February 22, 2020, 05:54:12 PM »

The chance of Trump having health issues is probably higher than the chance of Bernie having health issues. Perhaps in one of the debates they should have an athletic competition.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #618 on: February 22, 2020, 05:54:55 PM »

IMO there are only 3 early states. SC is basically 3 days before ST so it doesn't do much for momentum purposes, and should just be considered as the appitizer for ST.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #619 on: February 22, 2020, 05:55:08 PM »

CNN reporting Amy Klobuchar is back in Minnesota and will be campaigning in North Dakota. She's in it for the long haul.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #620 on: February 22, 2020, 05:55:20 PM »

Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #621 on: February 22, 2020, 05:55:46 PM »

And to add on to this, if Biden gets in 2nd, which he appears to be on track to do, then he can win SC. If he wins SC, he's back in contention.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #622 on: February 22, 2020, 05:56:00 PM »

The chance of Trump having health issues is probably higher than the chance of Bernie having health issues. Perhaps in one of the debates they should have an athletic competition.

I would pay money to see a Trump vs. Bernie 400m.  
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #623 on: February 22, 2020, 05:56:25 PM »

You're delusional. Bernie just had a heart attack. Trump hasn't had any issues.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #624 on: February 22, 2020, 05:57:23 PM »

Purple heart
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies