NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:26:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 58
Author Topic: NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)  (Read 51893 times)
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: February 22, 2020, 05:28:59 PM »

Even if Bernie landslides, it will still be because of moderate votesplitting. You have no mandate!

Bernie won moderates & conservatives according to exit polls, lol.

Also, due to votesplitting. He won with an extremely slight plurality.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #576 on: February 22, 2020, 05:30:45 PM »

It's glorious watching James Carville, Joy Reid, and Chris Matthews cry on MSNBC.
n1240

« Reply #577 on: February 22, 2020, 05:30:57 PM »

If Bernie comes out of this having blocked anyone else from even getting delegates, what does it even mean for South Carolina? Does it give him a running chance of actually winning there and ending Biden for good?

I don't think it's possible for him to sweep at the delegates in Nevada at this point, slightly chance he gets all the statewide delegates but couple others are probably guaranteed to win some congressional district delegates. Biden probably wants to spin a 2nd place finish into a positive, but if he can't crack 15% statewide it'll be even harder to spin that going forward into South Carolina.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #578 on: February 22, 2020, 05:31:25 PM »

One thing I've said in the past is that health matters a lot more in the general election than the party nomination. We're seeing that right now. The health of Bernie Sanders isn't being considered even though he's 78 years-old and just had a heart attack. I'm sure President Trump would bring up his health, and the attack will be more effective in the general election.

What the hell would Trump day? I’m morbidly obese, only eat fast food and believe exercise will kill you. Yeah, picture of health!

It would be more like, "Crazy Bernie doesn't have the energy to be President. He is slowing down and already had a heart attack. If he can't make it through election season, how can you trust him to have the energy to be your President? I've proven I have the energy to be President." Only, Trump will have a much better way of saying it because he's a persuasive communication expert.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #579 on: February 22, 2020, 05:33:06 PM »

One thing I've said in the past is that health matters a lot more in the general election than the party nomination. We're seeing that right now. The health of Bernie Sanders isn't being considered even though he's 78 years-old and just had a heart attack. I'm sure President Trump would bring up his health, and the attack will be more effective in the general election.

Plot twist: Trump ate a few too many Big Macs and is just a bit too overweight, and has a heart attack right as he is in the middle of saying that.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #580 on: February 22, 2020, 05:34:20 PM »

If Bernie comes out of this having blocked anyone else from even getting delegates, what does it even mean for South Carolina? Does it give him a running chance of actually winning there and ending Biden for good?

That is probably asking too much. SC has had early voting going on for a while. Still, Biden is going to get far far less than the landslide that Clinton got in 2016 in SC.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #581 on: February 22, 2020, 05:34:25 PM »

It's glorious watching James Carville, Joy Reid, and Chris Matthews cry on MSNBC.

Chris Matthews is comparing the moderates' fall to Bernie to the collapse of the French Army in 1940, because comparing a Jewish candidate whose family died in the Holocaust to the Nazis is a thing that's okay to do on TV now, I guess.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #582 on: February 22, 2020, 05:34:57 PM »

What the hell would Trump day? I’m morbidly obese, only eat fast food and believe exercise will kill you. Yeah, picture of health!

It would be more like, "Crazy Bernie doesn't have the energy to be President. He is slowing down and already had a heart attack. If he can't make it through election season, how can you trust him to have the energy to be your President? I've proven I have the energy to be President." Only, Trump will have a much better way of saying it because he's a persuasive communication expert.

Bernie evidently hasn't slowed down, man's doing 4 rallies a weekend. Not sure how convincing this attack would be.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #583 on: February 22, 2020, 05:35:11 PM »

Pete with a 1 CCD lead in Douglas county, aka Tender Branson's new favorite Nevada county.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #584 on: February 22, 2020, 05:35:15 PM »

Plot twist: Trump ate a few too many Big Macs and is just a bit too overweight, and has a heart attack right as he is in the middle of saying that.

You are great at imagining things, but I don't have to imagine that Bernie Sanders had a heart attack. It actually happened.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #585 on: February 22, 2020, 05:35:38 PM »

Joy Reid actually got what was going on, I didn't read that as crying. Chris Matthews definitely was though, haha.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #586 on: February 22, 2020, 05:38:00 PM »

Chris Matthews will probably vote Trump. He loved him in '16 and thought he would redeem himself by giving Trump tough questions when he interviewed him not realizing he was elevating Trump all the way.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #587 on: February 22, 2020, 05:38:10 PM »

Joy Reid actually got what was going on, I didn't read that as crying. Chris Matthews definitely was though, haha.

True, she's still upset about it though.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #588 on: February 22, 2020, 05:38:52 PM »

Well, these results are pretty slow.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #589 on: February 22, 2020, 05:38:57 PM »

You are great at imagining things, but I don't have to imagine that Bernie Sanders had a heart attack. It actually happened.

Have you ever heard of the concept of having a Vice President, just in case?
bilaps
« Reply #590 on: February 22, 2020, 05:39:03 PM »

Jesus, so slow again. AP link has stopped at 55,50,50.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #591 on: February 22, 2020, 05:40:22 PM »

True, she's still upset about it though.

Chris Matthews compared this to the Fall of France! I don't want Sanders to win, but that's unhinged craziness.
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #592 on: February 22, 2020, 05:41:31 PM »

Did Bernie kill Chris Matthews' parents or something?
Dorko Julio

« Reply #593 on: February 22, 2020, 05:41:36 PM »

Yeah.  No reason other stations shouldn't have already called it for Sanders.  We all know he won. 

Yup. Part of the reason I like Fox News election coverage is because they're gutsy when it comes to calling races. They called swing states in 2016 before everyone else (I even read that Hillary's campaign was going by Fox News results because they were the only ones calling states), that the Dems won the House in 2018 and seem to be continuing this with the '20 primaries.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #594 on: February 22, 2020, 05:41:58 PM »

I wonder if Klobuchar would be willing to back Warren if she was dropping out and end up going with a woman-woman ticket with Klobuchar being Warren's VP. They have different ideologies, but Warren is pragmatic and Klobuchar works with others. It would be interesting. I don't think the time for that decision is here yet, though.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #595 on: February 22, 2020, 05:42:52 PM »

Jesus, so slow again. AP link has stopped at 55,50,50.

I think that is probably good enough, we can just stop counting at this point and call the nomination.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #596 on: February 22, 2020, 05:43:07 PM »

It's almost midnight here, so I'm going to sleep. Hopefully the Nevada State Democratic Party is more competent than its counterpart at *certain* small Midwestern state and I'll see the full results as soon as I wake up.
Dorko Julio

« Reply #597 on: February 22, 2020, 05:43:18 PM »

I wonder if Klobuchar would be willing to back Warren if she was dropping out and end up going with a woman-woman ticket with Klobuchar being Warren's VP. They have different ideologies, but Warren is pragmatic and Klobuchar works with others. It would be interesting. I don't think the time for that decision is here yet, though.

I was thinking that might happen if Warren won the nomination, which as you suggested probably won't happen as of now. They could make a good team.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #598 on: February 22, 2020, 05:43:52 PM »

Meltdown May really is coming 3 months early.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #599 on: February 22, 2020, 05:44:54 PM »

I like Bernie, but we should lay off the Grassr00ts hate. He has just as much right to post his thoughts as we all do.

Also, he’s anti Trump now. That gets him a pass in my book.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies