Why do Virginia Democrats have no spine? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:30:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why do Virginia Democrats have no spine? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do Virginia Democrats have no spine?  (Read 5746 times)
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« on: February 14, 2020, 10:19:21 PM »
« edited: February 14, 2020, 10:28:07 PM by R.P. McM »

Pull funding from rural Virginia until they comply. Richmond and NoVa literally pay for everything and they represent the interests of the majority of Virginians.

Don't let a bunch of cornfields hold back progress.

hmm I wonder what the reason for this is....?

Rural areas are the past. The suburbs are the future. States like Pennsylvania in the 2018 governor's race show just how irrelevant Dem losses are in flyover country as long as we make gains in the suburbs.
It's not just part of America that needs help...it's all of it. And gains in cities and suburbs are great (it helps Democrats win after all) but ignoring a part of the country just cause they didn't vote for you is a pretty bad attitude.

Oh, STFU. When they voted for a traitorous, authoritarian, racist sexual predator, that was the last straw. If they really wanted help, they would show a modicum of humility. Instead, they set out to force minority rule upon the rest of us. So they need to be crushed, deservedly. This is something for the defenders of racist, rural whites to consider: even four years ago, there might have been restraint. And I myself am white. But now, when the levee breaks, there will be no mercy, no quarter. So pat yourselves on the back for electing Trump.
R.P. McM

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 10:40:17 PM »

Pull funding from rural Virginia until they comply. Richmond and NoVa literally pay for everything and they represent the interests of the majority of Virginians.

Rural areas are the past. The suburbs are the future. States like Pennsylvania in the 2018 governor's race show just how irrelevant Dem losses are in flyover country as long as we make gains in the suburbs.
It's not just part of America that needs help...it's all of it. And gains in cities and suburbs are great (it helps Democrats win after all) but ignoring a part of the country just cause they didn't vote for you is a pretty bad attitude.

Oh, STFU. When they voted for a traitorous, authoritarian, racist sexual predator, that was the last straw. If they really wanted help, they would show a modicum of humility. Instead, they set out to force minority rule upon the rest of us. So they need to be crushed, deservedly. This is something for the defenders of racist, rural whites to consider: even four years ago, there might have been restraint. And I myself am white. But now, when the levee breaks, there will be no mercy, no quarter. So pat yourselves on the back for electing Trump.

The 3 Democrat executives overseeing this are two minstrel performers and a rapist. There is no moral high ground. Neither party cares about anyone other than big donors.

We're not going to venture down this BS road of moral equivalency. How many Democrats knew about Northam or Fairfax prior to the election? How many called for their removal? Yeah, you have zero credibility, so just can it.
R.P. McM

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 11:18:39 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2020, 11:30:55 PM by R.P. McM »

I'm as anti Trump as they come but like...do you ever actually go out and talk to people? People have their reasons for backing him and while most of the time they are in fact stupid reasons does this make them somehow a bad person? I don't think so.

So, the reasons are stupid. And Trump is a racist, traitorous, authoritarian sexual predator. Which he has never even semi-coherently attempted to conceal. And you're wondering whether knowingly electing such a rancid demagogue makes you a bad person? Well ... yeah. Duh. Of course I'm going to think you're a POS — didn't we all take 8th-grade civics? Hitler = bad. Mussolini = bad. Franco = bad. Stalin = bad. KKK = bad. McCarthy = bad. Crosby = bad. Weinstein = bad. You need to stop apologizing for these folks — they are what they are.
R.P. McM

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 02:16:55 AM »
« Edited: February 28, 2020, 09:50:50 PM by R.P. McM »

If rural Virginia does not want to enforce the law, then they should receive no further funding from the state government.
Then they should stop paying taxes.  No services, no tax.  Come and collect the money from millions of angry citizens by force and see how it works out.  

Good — let them go feral. Remember: they leech off of us, not the other way around. And if they want to organize a violent insurrection — which is exactly what you're threatening — they can confront the full force of a lavishly funded, technologically sophisticated attack. They'll be wiped out, just like their depraved Confederate brethren a century ago.
I am suggesting nonviolent resistance to unjust laws, you are the one advocating violence buddy.

LOL. Can you folks ever stop lying? "Come and collect the money from millions of angry citizens by force and see how it works out." Y'all still have to pay taxes, whether or not the majority agrees with your position on gun control. Geriatric rural whites aren't a privileged class we all have to cater to.
R.P. McM

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 02:22:12 AM »

If rural Virginia does not want to enforce the law, then they should receive no further funding from the state government.
Then they should stop paying taxes.  No services, no tax.  Come and collect the money from millions of angry citizens by force and see how it works out.  

Good — let them go feral. Remember: they leech off of us, not the other way around. And if they want to organize a violent insurrection — which is exactly what you're threatening — they can confront the full force of a lavishly funded, technologically sophisticated attack. They'll be wiped out, just like their depraved Confederate brethren a century ago.

lol you don't even go here

You do know which side of the Civil War was supported by Northern Virginia and Richmond ?

Brilliant point — I had never considered that immigrants, educated people, and Northern transplants might've changed the character of a particular area over the course of a century. I'm sure the Trumpist, white supremacist GOP will once again be winning VA elections in short order.
R.P. McM

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 02:32:16 AM »

The 3 Democrat executives overseeing this are two minstrel performers and a rapist. There is no moral high ground. Neither party cares about anyone other than big donors.

We're not going to venture down this BS road of moral equivalency. How many Democrats knew about Northam or Fairfax prior to the election? How many called for their removal? Yeah, you have zero credibility, so just can it.

Haven't heard a damn peep about "calls for removal" in close to a year from the Dems here.

MUTED. Folks, when one of these things attempts to call you out for a moral standard his party has no intention of following, ever, you just need to ignore it. They're obviously hypocritical hacks, and we can leave it at that.
R.P. McM

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 04:12:27 AM »

I am suggesting nonviolent resistance to unjust laws, you are the one advocating violence buddy.

LOL. Can you folks ever stop lying? "Come and collect the money from millions of angry citizens by force and see how it works out." Y'all still have to pay taxes, whether or not the majority agrees with your position on gun control. Geriatric rural whites aren't a privileged class we all have to cater to.

No, their not.  But they have enumerated Constitutional Rights that are not subject to the actions of legislatures or plebecites, short of a Constitutional Amendment.  And thank God for that.  Your attitude is that your political enemies have no inalienable rights. 

I thank God you are not an elected official, and I hope you are never elected to office.

"No, their not." LOL. There's just no point. If you can't even navigate English grammar, I'm just not interested in your opinion on whether rural Virginians are capable of dealing with the novel reality of urban dominance. Yeah, you aren't the majority any longer, your violent threats are laughable, and you're just going to have to deal with it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies