New Hampshire Primary Thread (polls close at 6-7 CT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:12:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  New Hampshire Primary Thread (polls close at 6-7 CT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 65
Author Topic: New Hampshire Primary Thread (polls close at 6-7 CT)  (Read 53536 times)
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: February 11, 2020, 06:37:20 PM »

I still think dems are gonna have a big problem with white men in the general.

Yea that's always a great demo for them. 
It's not but if they do even worse in 2020 than 2016 with them it's a big problem.
Warning: This post is currently hidden because it contains potentially inappropriate or sensitive content.
Click to show post
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #427 on: February 11, 2020, 06:37:43 PM »

Here's a map of bellwether towns in previous NH primaries:

2016 bellwethers in green, 2008 bellwethers in blue (no town was a bellwether both times, sadly).

Darker shade shows towns that were within 1 percentage point of the statewide results for all major candidates (meaning the winning margin was within 2 points of the statewide one).

Lighter shade shows towns that were within 2 percentage point of the statewide results for all major candidates (meaning the winning margin was within 4 points of the statewide one).
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #428 on: February 11, 2020, 06:40:11 PM »

All I'm going to say is that this feels a lot like Iowa, where Amy won some visible early contests so she controlled the early narrative. However, once the data eventually arrived, she did not live up to the hype. I bring this up because Amy consistently has good debates but consistently can't translate them into votes, a problem for her campaign.
Warning: This post is currently hidden because it contains potentially inappropriate or sensitive content.
Click to show post
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #430 on: February 11, 2020, 06:41:45 PM »

I'm very open-minded. Trying to not set expectations too high; I hope Bernie wins and does well, but we shall see soon enough. Come on, NH!
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #431 on: February 11, 2020, 06:41:51 PM »

MSNBC exit poll has Warren's positions 43% too liberal 44% just right.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #432 on: February 11, 2020, 06:41:55 PM »

Can the Van Jones discussion move to another thread, please?
n1240

« Reply #433 on: February 11, 2020, 06:43:31 PM »

NYTimes Needle is up

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/02/11/us/elections/results-new-hampshire-live-forecast.html?action=click&module=ELEX_results&pgtype=Interactive&region=Navigation
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #434 on: February 11, 2020, 06:43:48 PM »

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #435 on: February 11, 2020, 06:43:53 PM »

Can the Van Jones discussion move to another thread, please?

I'll just hide relevant posts since I don't think it was derailed on purpose just gradually over time.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #436 on: February 11, 2020, 06:44:37 PM »

All I'm going to say is that this feels a lot like Iowa, where Amy won some visible early contests so she controlled the early narrative. However, once the data eventually arrived, she did not live up to the hype. I bring this up because Amy consistently has good debates but consistently can't translate them into votes, a problem for her campaign.

Klobuchar's debates have always been steady, but they never had a moment. She had a moment if not multiple last debate. That was a special performance, and we have lots of people in NH saying they chose her because of the debate, lots of people saying the debate mattered in general, lots of people saying their mind was made up late. All of this speaks to Klobuchar likely having a strong day. Even if she gets 3rd, that will be quite good given that in Iowa she was happy to be a strong 5th.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #437 on: February 11, 2020, 06:44:50 PM »

NH has the ability to put an end to Pete's remarkably empty campaign. If Pete wins or comes close we're going to have to suffer through months more of his stump speeches... oh god what a horrible scenario
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #438 on: February 11, 2020, 06:45:32 PM »

“Consistently”? There has only been one set of votes.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #439 on: February 11, 2020, 06:47:42 PM »

48% decided in the last few days
25% 2016
38% 2008

48% say debate is important factor
(according to CNN)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #440 on: February 11, 2020, 06:48:05 PM »

Polls are things. Almost always she was near the top of 2019 debate performances, but there never was a polling bump.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #441 on: February 11, 2020, 06:49:16 PM »

NH has the ability to put an end to Pete's remarkably empty campaign. If Pete wins or comes close we're going to have to suffer through months more of his stump speeches... oh god what a horrible scenario
I got a gut feel that it will put at least a Semi-End to the Biden Campaign cuz I really think he could go down to fifth.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #442 on: February 11, 2020, 06:49:28 PM »

He'll get crushed in NV and especially SC, so his campaign will probably be over sooner rather than later.
Click to show post
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #444 on: February 11, 2020, 06:49:36 PM »

Well, she has also never really managed to have debates move the polling needle much, and, while polls aren't votes, they are pretty close. Even the NH debate didn't move the needle that much in her favor (compare, e.g., how much the polls swung for Kamala Harris after the first debate).

But obviously this remains to be seen whether it will be true in NH. I wouldn't be shocked if she came in second.
Hollywood
« Reply #445 on: February 11, 2020, 06:50:24 PM »

I got a gut feel that it will put at least a Semi-End to the Biden Campaign cuz I really think he could go down to fifth.

Yeah I'm starting to think he's at 7%. 
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #446 on: February 11, 2020, 06:51:02 PM »

Half the electorate deciding in the past few days is incredible and shows how much anxiety exists on the Dem side right now.

Doesn't bode well for Joe.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #447 on: February 11, 2020, 06:52:10 PM »

Well, In fairness, Iowa was so dragged out it felt like repeated elections Groundhog Day Style
Dorko Julio

« Reply #448 on: February 11, 2020, 06:52:38 PM »

Watching FOX NEWS now:

They have Martha MacCallum, Bret Baier, Brit Hume and Chris Wallace. Decent people.

I'm so relieved that they don't have hyperventilating Megyn Kelly anymore.

Wallace says if Biden finishes 5th he's done. I agree with him.

Yeah, I usually watch Fox or Fox Business for election coverage. Neil Cavuto does a good job and his panels are funny as heck sometimes.

Wallace has it right. SC or no SC, if Biden has another pathetic finish his chances are toast.  
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #449 on: February 11, 2020, 06:52:41 PM »

If Biden does flame out, it's going to remind me a lot of another candidate who seemed the obvious front-runner beforehand, but never took off: Rudy Giuliani in 2008.

(And I supported both of them.  Was it something I said?)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies