Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:20:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 155
Author Topic: Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)  (Read 153576 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: February 04, 2020, 12:13:43 AM »

There is a contingent within the Democratic Party's cadres that would genuinely rather have eight years of Trump than four of Bernie or Warren, and at this point, while I don't think this is the case, I would not be at all surprised to hear that these people have engineered this mess to some end.
Bulls**t. This is seriously reckless rhetoric to throw around, and there is no place for conspiracy theorists in the Democrat party.

I'm not a Democrat, and Bernie isn't even my preferred candidate. If you can honestly say you'd be genuinely surprised to hear that there was some angle to this literally unprecedented incompetence on the part of the IADP, then, well, good for you.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1426 on: February 04, 2020, 12:13:51 AM »

Now MSNBC is showing 2016 caucus results instead of playing Warren’s speech.

WTF?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1427 on: February 04, 2020, 12:14:42 AM »

Okay, show of hands: Who here thinks they could run a caucus better than the Iowa Democratic Party? 🤚
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1428 on: February 04, 2020, 12:15:13 AM »

what an absolute debacle
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1429 on: February 04, 2020, 12:15:19 AM »

Damn, you guys are really doubling down on the establishment stooge brand, aren't you?
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #1430 on: February 04, 2020, 12:15:22 AM »

Meanwhile at IDP HQ...https://youtu.be/mRzdt5OkpSA
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #1431 on: February 04, 2020, 12:15:32 AM »

There is a contingent within the Democratic Party's cadres that would genuinely rather have eight years of Trump than four of Bernie or Warren, and at this point, while I don't think this is the case, I would not be at all surprised to hear that these people have engineered this mess to some end.

I would be extremely surprised. These types of snafus are almost always unintentional and the result of incompetence. The DNC is dumb and non-savvy, but even they aren’t stupid enough to actively sabotage the first race in the primary in such a public fashion just to screw over Bernie. Especially considering how much hot water they got into last time with just the appearance of being biased against the populist candidate.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1432 on: February 04, 2020, 12:15:33 AM »

Okay, show of hands: Who here thinks they could run a caucus better than the Iowa Democratic Party? 🤚

🤚
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1433 on: February 04, 2020, 12:15:52 AM »

I know I've, and we've, said this many times but..

What a free fall dumpster fire of a night. Partisanship aside, this is like an elementary classroom tried to run a full blown democracy. Somebody needs to be fired for this. Imagine this sort of thing in the GE?

Nah. This is like junior high class officers running an election. (With an app one of them wrote.) If you want to see an elementary class clown running a democracy, it looks more like this:
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1434 on: February 04, 2020, 12:15:57 AM »

Results not expected until Midday tomorrow now apparently
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1435 on: February 04, 2020, 12:16:03 AM »

Bulls**t. This is seriously reckless rhetoric to throw around, and there is no place for conspiracy theorists in the Democrat party.
Why does hearing the harsh truth have you so triggered though?
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #1436 on: February 04, 2020, 12:16:37 AM »

I'm not a Democrat, and Bernie isn't even my preferred candidate. If you can honestly say you'd be genuinely surprised to hear that there was some angle to this literally unprecedented incompetence on the part of the IADP, then, well, good for you.

This is a conspiracy theory and would be harmful to our democracy if it is popularized with zero evidence. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1437 on: February 04, 2020, 12:17:14 AM »

Ffs
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1438 on: February 04, 2020, 12:18:27 AM »

I would be extremely surprised. These types of snafus are almost always unintentional and the result of incompetence. The DNC is dumb and non-savvy, but even they aren’t stupid enough to actively sabotage the first race in the primary in such a public fashion just to screw over Bernie. Especially considering how much hot water they fit into last time with just the appearance of being biased against the populist candidate.

Fair point. Again, I'm not saying I affirmatively think that this is the case; I don't, especially if noted Jar Jar Binks of campaign managers Robby Mook is involved.

This is a conspiracy theory and would be harmful to our democracy if it is popularized with zero evidence.

Questioning the legitimacy of what's going on tonight is what would be "harmful to our democracy"? Not upholding it? Seriously?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Maybe I should be, but I'm not. [shrug emoji]
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1439 on: February 04, 2020, 12:19:21 AM »

THEY MISCALCULATED ENTIRE ROUNDS??
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1440 on: February 04, 2020, 12:19:35 AM »

Pittsburgh Steel....welcome to the team.

[imgheight=400]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/332339908465131520/674118418567266314/Untitled.png[/img]

Damn, you guys are really doubling down on the establishment stooge brand, aren't you?
Add me to the team as well.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1441 on: February 04, 2020, 12:19:48 AM »

Tom Perez should call an emergency meeting of the DNC tonight to expel the Iowa delegation from the convention entirely.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1442 on: February 04, 2020, 12:20:03 AM »

Apparently one of the reasons for the show was precinct chairs being idiots and letting people leave the caucus between votes.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1443 on: February 04, 2020, 12:20:08 AM »

This is a conspiracy theory and would be harmful to our democracy if it is popularized with zero evidence. You should be ashamed of yourself.
LOL. People aren't allowed to say "I'm fairly confident the Democrats DID NOT DO THIS INTENTIONALLY, but they're so corrupt that it wouldn't blow my mind if it ended up being true"? You need to take a step back and understand that the DNC is not above criticism, especially in America where the First Amendment exists. Chill out.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1444 on: February 04, 2020, 12:20:16 AM »

Tom Perez should call an emergency meeting of the DNC tonight to expel the Iowa delegation from the convention entirely.

This 100%
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1445 on: February 04, 2020, 12:20:24 AM »

Or never.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1446 on: February 04, 2020, 12:20:48 AM »

OK, I signing out. See you in NH. F**k this f**king abomination of a party.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #1447 on: February 04, 2020, 12:20:55 AM »

Remember, you can't spell disaster without IA.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1448 on: February 04, 2020, 12:21:04 AM »

F*** this. Peace out folks. I'm hitting the hay.
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -5.57

P
« Reply #1449 on: February 04, 2020, 12:21:28 AM »

At this point I'd almost take incorrect results that have to be corrected later, just so we have SOMETHING.     Angry
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 155  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies