🇵🇹 Portugal's politics and elections 2.0 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:00:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇵🇹 Portugal's politics and elections 2.0 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇵🇹 Portugal's politics and elections 2.0  (Read 150865 times)
Josecardoso17
Rookie
Portugal

« on: August 29, 2021, 11:06:01 AM »

António Costa wants Marta Temido to be the next leader ,i think.
I remember a scene at a event about transports here António Costa sent Pedro Nuno Santos to talk to protesters just to screw him xD
Josecardoso17
Rookie
Portugal

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 09:12:31 PM »

ICS/ISCTE poll for Figueira da Foz city - PS incumbent, 59,000 inhabitants:

Vote share %: (compared with 2017)

47% Pedro Santana Lopes (new)
35% PS (-15)
  8% PSD (-20)
  3% CDU (-4)
  1% CHEGA (new)
  6% Others/Invalid (-9)

Poll conducted between 26 and 30 August 2021. Polled 604 voters in Figueira da Foz city. MoE of 4.00%.

*Yep... It seems that Santana is on the verge of winning his first election in 20 years, after tons of defeats.

this is even more interesting because in the polls that were made the people of Figueira da Foz seem to like the job of the current president .
A case of pure nostalgia....
Josecardoso17
Rookie
Portugal

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 12:21:36 PM »

about the polling being wrong in this election i think it was very predictable....
The polling that was made questioned like 1000 people maximum
The polling companies didnt even question a lot of people in Lisbon.

None the less, the result in Lisbon was suprising ,and i know from a lot of people in the Juntos Somos Coimbra coalition that they expected a close result but not a 11% win!!

Looks like Rui Rio stuns everyone as always xD
Josecardoso17
Rookie
Portugal

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 01:37:28 PM »

PSD got suprising wins in Alentejo this time.
Josecardoso17
Rookie
Portugal

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 06:02:34 PM »

The thing i find funny is that no polling as been released after the autarquicas...
But i think that the decisions from the  BE and PCP are because they have some internal data that shows a change in political climate.
Josecardoso17
Rookie
Portugal

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 01:55:34 PM »

2022 budget: Debate starts this afternoon with the crucial vote tomorrow.

OE2022: Parliament starts budget debate under threat of political crisis

The 2022 budget debate will start this afternoon in Parliament with parties and the government discussing the draft and the possible political crisis surrounding it. PM Costa speech is very awaited after the PCP announcement of voting against the budget and after the emergency cabinet meeting of late last night. Currently, parties on the left, PS-BE-PCP, are accusing each other of being responsible for the ongoing crisis: the government continues to press that this is the most leftwing budget ever and that BE and PCP are being irresponsible, adding that they are still open for more talks; BE accuses the PS in being interested in snap elections and the budget doesn't resolve any of the country's main problems; PCP is responding to the government attacks by revealing the details of the negotiations with the government and that the PS/Government didn't address any of the Communists main policies.

In the case of a snap election, PS is already refusing any more agreements with the left, while on the right there's still the ongoing division regarding CHEGA.

The situation looks very strange and there is no way to predict how its gonna goo..
If Ps wins a snap election and the situation stays all the same ,it needs to accept PCP´s and BE´s demands and it will look quite awkward....
But i see some PS´s supporters talking in social media that this action is just giving the next government to the right ,a think i find quite absurd.
I think that only if a major "political earthquake " happens we will have a new goverment in January.
But its still hard to predict how the political players will act
Josecardoso17
Rookie
Portugal

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 02:08:44 PM »

I'm correct to assume that possibility of anyone-but-PS government is zero?

yep
Josecardoso17
Rookie
Portugal

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 07:55:40 PM »

Mike,I dont know if anyone as already asked you,but who do you think will win the PSD leadership contest?
As a PSD supporter i like Rui Rio more ,but is oposition as been awful,but i hear a lot of PSD people say they don´t like Rangel .
History tell us that in the PSD leadeship contests a lot of suprises happen but in my point of view this time its a Lean Paulo Rangel.
Josecardoso17
Rookie
Portugal

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2021, 04:21:04 PM »

That poll, wow. Rangel really failed to read the room.

its not very clear what the results will look like...
i would prefer Rui Rio but it seems like Paulo Rangel has some hard support from high PSD figures and regional leaders.
These people control a lot of voters and preferences soo its still a bit to soon to make assumptions.
And these last polls have been called as very strange because the best result for the PSD in some years is right now when the party is in a battle LMFAO
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies