🇵🇹 Portugal's politics and elections 2.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:22:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇵🇹 Portugal's politics and elections 2.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 93
Author Topic: 🇵🇹 Portugal's politics and elections 2.0  (Read 150003 times)
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: February 03, 2021, 10:52:02 AM »
« edited: February 03, 2021, 11:17:01 AM by Mike88 »

The head of the Covid-19 vaccine plan resigned due to irregularities in the Hospital he presides:

Covid-19: the vaccination task force coordinator resigned.

The head of the Covid-19 vaccine plan team, Francisco Ramos, has resigned. According to the Health minister, he resigned after it was revealed that there were several irregularities in the Red Cross Hospital, which he is chairman, in the process of selecting staff for vaccination. More info is still to be given. Mr Ramos has been involved in some controversies lately, with the latest being a comment he made about the constant reports of illegal uses of the vaccine, by saying that the people who think that it's immoral to not give a 2nd dose to people who illegally got the 1st one are all Ventura voters and that these people have a "vengeful spirit".
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1026 on: February 03, 2021, 02:26:52 PM »

Covid-19 vaccine plan head resignation: PSD suggests that the Army should coordinate the plan.

Covid-19. Rui Rio defends that vaccination coordination be handed over to the Armed Forces.

The resignation of the Covid-19 vaccination head, Francisco Ramos, is already having reactions from parties. All the right parties, PSD, CDS, CHEGA and IL, are applauding the resignation of Mr Ramos, but they add that the reasons of the resignation are a bit weird as Mr Ramos didn't resigned from the board of the Red Cross Hospital which he presides. BE and PAN say they are worried by the reasons of the resignation. Talking to reporters, PSD leader Rui Rio said that this is an opportunity for the Government to change course and create a real task force with trained people for what needs to be done. Mr Rio said that if he was Prime Minister, he would call the Armed Forces to be involved in the logistics of the vaccine plan, adding that in the current rate of vaccines, the situation during the summer will still be dire. The PS, on the other hand, refuses the arguments of the PSD and says that the vaccination plan is going well, at the pace of the vaccines arriving from the EU. The PS spokesperson added that the population should have confidence in the plan.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1027 on: February 03, 2021, 06:43:00 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2021, 06:55:36 PM by Mike88 »

Ana Gomes has filed a complaint to the DA office asking for the extinction of CHEGA and an investigation surrounding their finances:

Ana Gomes with participation in PGR to extinguish Chega

During the campaign for the Presidency of the Republic, Ana Gomes pressed a lot on the issue that CHEGA should be illegal and would campaign for that. Now, just 1 week and half after the elections, Ana Gomes has filed a complaint demanding "the review of the legalization of CHEGA". In her filling, Ms Gomes lists several points regarding CHEGA's actions and that the DA office and the Constitutional Court cannot sit back and do nothing. She also asks for an investigation on how the party is being financed and also to investigate their leaders. She adds that the DA office has to ban all political parties classified as a military armed party/fascist organization. She also said she would sent her complaint to the EU. This idea has been trashed by many pundits saying it would do more harm than good and even PM Costa says that illegalizing a party isn't the right approach. Let's see how this unfolds.

Also, Ventura is in a bit of a "temper tantrum" after PSD drew him under the bus for the local elections, and is now threatening to bring down the Azores PSD led government:

Right-wing government at risk. Ventura flies to the Azores to assess whether if he tears up the agreement after the “bullying” of PSD and CDS

After the PSD and CDS decided to exclude CHEGA in the fall local elections coalitions, as it was overwhelmingly expected, Ventura became furious and accused PSD/CDS of "bullying" CHEGA. Ventura also said he would fly to the Azores to discuss with the 2 CHEGA MPs if he tears up the agreement between the rightwing parties or not. In October, there were huge tensions between the CHEGA-Azores and the national CHEGA because of a possible PSD led government, and even one high ranking CHEGA-Azores member left the party because of Ventura's positions. We'll see what happens. All of this seems bluff as what would CHEGA gain in bringing down the PSD government?
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1028 on: February 05, 2021, 06:47:41 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2021, 06:54:06 AM by Mike88 »

Azores regional government: The media reports a record number of people being nominated for public jobs, with nominations between family members even.

Right-wing 'Geringonça' in the Azores with record nominations and family into the mix.

The current PSD-CDS-PPM government in the Azores, with the parliamentary support of CHEGA and IL, is being accused of making a record number of nominations for public jobs, with a lot of public jobs being given to family members of many PSD politicians. The current regional cabinet is bigger than the previous PS one and since the beginning of the current regional government, there were accusations that this government would cost more. This seems to be one of the reasons that is putting CHEGA uncomfortable and not Ventura's "temper tantrum" surrounding the 2021 local elections coalitions. Ventura will meet today with the President of the Azores government, José Manuel Bolieiro, to discuss "solutions for the future", whatever that means.

The PS is accusing the PSD of being hypocrites and of preaching one thing and doing another, but the PS-Azores is also in trouble due to a report that the DA office is investigating former Azores leader Carlos César and his son for corruption:

Carlos Sears and son investigated for alleged favoritism of private companies.

The media also reports that the former PS leader of the Azores Carlos César, who was in office between 1996-2012, and his son are being investigated for alledged corrupt deals that favoured a lot of private companies while he was in office. The investigation focus on alledge use of public subsidies to favour some companies. Carlos César, which is currently the President of the PS, says he has no knowledge of this investigation but is open to cooperate. Curiously, while he was in office, Mr César was also accused of nominating several family members to public jobs in the Azores, an accusation now given to the PSD.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1029 on: February 05, 2021, 07:16:12 AM »

Please, somebody explain to Ana Gomes that calling for the illegalization of CHEGA is dumb.

I wonder what Ventura and Bolieiro will have to say precisely. I don't think Ventura is salty enough to make the Azores government fall, and I really doubt he is actually bothered much by the PSD-Azores playing clientelarism (which, given this news Carlos César news, is probably quite ordinary in the Azores?)
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1030 on: February 05, 2021, 09:10:55 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2021, 09:28:25 AM by Mike88 »

Please, somebody explain to Ana Gomes that calling for the illegalization of CHEGA is dumb.

I wonder what Ventura and Bolieiro will have to say precisely. I don't think Ventura is salty enough to make the Azores government fall, and I really doubt he is actually bothered much by the PSD-Azores playing clientelarism (which, given this news Carlos César news, is probably quite ordinary in the Azores?)

Clientelism is wide spread in Portugal, on the left and on the right. In all branches of government, national, regional and local, accusation of clientelism and nepotism are quite common. It's a cultural thing, I suppose. In 2019, the PS was actually rocked by the "Nepotism scandal", when it was revealed that many public jobs in the national level where given to wives, husbands, sons or cousins, of many prominent PS politicians. In the PSD, it's exactly the same, but because they have been out of power recently, there are few stories.

About the Ana Gomes action, the media is actually saying this is a huge mistake and that she will only succeed in portraying Ventura was a victim.

Also, update: Ventura will not tear the rightwing agreement in the Azores.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1031 on: February 05, 2021, 10:12:20 AM »

Clientelism is wide spread in Portugal, on the left and on the right. In all branches of government, national, regional and local, accusation of clientelism and nepotism are quite common. It's a cultural thing, I suppose. In 2019, the PS was actually rocked by the "Nepotism scandal", when it was revealed that many public jobs in the national level where given to wives, husbands, sons or cousins, of many prominent PS politicians. In the PSD, it's exactly the same, but because they have been out of power recently, there are few stories.

About the Ana Gomes action, the media is actually saying this is a huge mistake and that she will only succeed in portraying Ventura was a victim.

Well...
I come from another Latin country, I can relate.

And good for Bolieiro, I guess. If I'm reading the title/article right, the PSD-CDS may still ally with CHEGA at the local elections but only in the Azores?
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1032 on: February 05, 2021, 01:37:29 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2021, 08:50:08 PM by Mike88 »

Well...

And good for Bolieiro, I guess. If I'm reading the title/article right, the PSD-CDS may still ally with CHEGA at the local elections but only in the Azores?
It seems that Bolieiro said he will not antagonize any party in terms of coalitions, meaning he didn't said neither yes or no. Still, it's very, very unlikely, if not impossible, a PSD-CHEGA coalition, but Bolieiro cannot afford for Ventura to "agitate the waters" of his government, right now. But, to be honest, Ventura looks like an "useful idiot" for Bolieiro as it doesn't make sense what he said that the Azores government would fight against family nominations, when they are precisely doing that. I don't know, but my hunch is that Bolieiro wants to solidify his position as President and when the time comes, if it comes, he will threw CHEGA under the bus. Would like to hear Crals take on this, also. Smiley
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1033 on: February 05, 2021, 08:48:18 PM »

CDS crisis: BPI bank refuses to give a loan to the party, and the current leadership blames a CDS member that is part of the bank's board.

BPI denies CDS loan for local elections. Leadership suspects of Lobo Xavier's influence

With the CDS holding tomorrow a very tense National Council that will vote on the future of Rodrigues dos Santos, the party is facing another problem: bankruptcy. The party is currently in a very bad financial situation that is making the current moment even worse. CDS asked for a loan from BPI bank for their 2021 local elections campaign, but the bank denied the loan. The bank didn't give details of the loan denail, but in the CDS leadership they are blaming another CDS member: António Lobo Xavier, the vice-president of BPI bank. They say that in previous elections, the loans were always given and that the "No" from the bank in suspicious and they blame Mr Lobo Xavier for trying to damage Rodrigues dos Santos. The theory, almost conspiracy, is that Lobo Xavier wants to force Rodrigues dos Santos out and when his rival, Mesquita Nunes, is in charge, the money will be given. Mr Lobo Xavier has already denied by saying he never mixes his professional life with his political life.

What a trainwreck. Let's see how tomorrow's National Council plays out. The vote will be by secret ballot.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1034 on: February 06, 2021, 10:44:43 AM »

The CDS National Council started at 11am, but they are still discussing the how the meeting will procede. Members that are opposing the leadership are accusing Rodrigues dos Santos team of lack of transparency and of illegalities. The meeting is open to the media.

Updates here: https://observador.pt/liveblogs/rodrigues-dos-santos-e-mesquita-nunes-medem-forcas-pela-lideranca-do-cds/#liveblog-entry-516439
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1035 on: February 06, 2021, 12:13:47 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2021, 12:33:13 PM by Mike88 »

CDS crisis update:

Many supporters of Mesquita Nunes, the challenger of Rodrigues dos Santos, including Mesquita Nunes himself, have abandoned the National Council meeting accusing the leadership of more illegalities surrounding the idea of a secret ballot.

Because the meeting is open to the media, the CDS trainwreck is being broadcast live on TV.

Another update: After the party leadership accepted the secret ballot proposal, Mesquita Nunes and several of his supporters have returned to the meeting.
crals

« Reply #1036 on: February 06, 2021, 03:28:54 PM »

I hope for their own sake that CDS manage to sack Chicão but at the same time they don't make it easy at all to root for their survival

Well...

It seems that Bolieiro said he will not antagonize any party in terms of coalitions, meaning he didn't said neither yes or no. Still, it's very, very unlikely, if not impossible, a PSD-CHEGA coalition, but Bolieiro cannot afford for Ventura to "agitate the waters" of his government, right now. But, to be honest, Ventura looks like an "useful idiot" for Bolieiro as it doesn't make sense what he said that the Azores government would fight against family nominations, when they are precisely doing that. I don't know, but my hunch is that Bolieiro wants to solidify his position as President and when the time comes, if it comes, he will threw CHEGA under the bus. Would like to hear Crals take on this, also. Smiley
I don't have much to add, except that it's very disappointing (yet very predictable) that the new government is doing exactly what the old one was accused of. Azores will be Azores I guess.

Also very predictable to see Ventura doing clownery for attention but that's not even worth mentioning at this point. In any case, now that the government has fulfilled its primary purpose of ending 24 years of PS rule I am not too invested in its continuation. Tongue
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1037 on: February 06, 2021, 03:56:35 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2021, 04:03:14 PM by Mike88 »

I hope for their own sake that CDS manage to sack Chicão but at the same time they don't make it easy at all to root for their survival

Yes, "Chicão" is very incompetent and everything he does and says seems amateur and weird. Just look at his derange speech in the party's council: (in his speech he says he's calm and serene... yeah.. sure)

However, I don't know if Adolfo Mesquita Nunes can revive the CDS, as the party is currently, well, useless. The CDS was always that party on the right that congregated all the people who believe the PSD was too centrist: the Liberals and the Conservatives. After the arrival of IL and CHEGA, CDS had nothing to offer these voters and even some of the moderates are now going to the PSD. Plus, if Mesquita Nunes is successful in winning the leadership, what will he do? Follow the strategy of Assunção Cristas, where Mesquita Nunes was her deputy, that gave the lowest share ever for CDS? Or goes with a Liberal strategy? Frankly, I don't know. We'll see.

I don't have much to add, except that it's very disappointing (yet very predictable) that the new government is doing exactly what the old one was accused of. Azores will be Azores I guess.

Also very predictable to see Ventura doing clownery for attention but that's not even worth mentioning at this point. In any case, now that the government has fulfilled its primary purpose of ending 24 years of PS rule I am not too invested in its continuation. Tongue

Like I said to Battista, it's a cultural thing Crals. It's not just in the Azores. But, the finger pointing between PS and PSD on this matter, reminds me of that spiderman meme with the two pointing to each other. Cheesy
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1038 on: February 06, 2021, 05:27:31 PM »

"Sereno e tranquilo"... lol
Chicão must have become a meme, right?

But I agree, the CDS is clearly a party that has outlived its usefulness. Many such cases.

Like I said to Battista, it's a cultural thing Crals. It's not just in the Azores. But, the finger pointing between PS and PSD on this matter, reminds me of that spiderman meme with the two pointing to each other. Cheesy

Lmao
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1039 on: February 06, 2021, 05:51:13 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2021, 05:56:11 PM by Mike88 »

"Sereno e tranquilo"... lol
Chicão must have become a meme, right?

Chicão is already a meme, but not for this particular episode. He became a meme with his "scared face" when he was given a speech in Madeira, in March 2020, at the same time an earthquake stroked the island:

Priceless Cheesy Cheesy

Anyway, the CDS national council will stretch out until the early morning hours of tomorrow. The final vote is expect at 2:30am, but it's no certain it will happen at that hour.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1040 on: February 07, 2021, 07:16:53 AM »

CDS National Council confidence vote: Francisco Rodrigues dos Santos wins with 54%.

Confidence motion approved. Rodrigues dos Santos resists in CDS leadership

CDS leader, Francisco Rodrigues dos Santos, was won the confidence motion he presented in the party's national council meeting. After more than 12 hours of discussion, that only ended way into the early hours of the morning, the results of the confidence vote were announced:

144 Approve (54.3%)
113 Disapprove (42.6%)
    8 Abstained (3.0%)

This victory by "Chicão" is being seen, by pundits, as a small one and that the party is very divided. However, Adolfo Mesquita Nunes, the challenger, has accepted the result and is now open to face the fall local elections as a candidate. The results CDS, in several coalitions with the PSD, will have in the local elections, will be crucial for Rodrigues dos Santos leadership.
crals

« Reply #1041 on: February 07, 2021, 09:40:30 AM »

Yes, "Chicão" is very incompetent and everything he does and says seems amateur and weird. Just look at his derange speech in the party's council: (in his speech he says he's calm and serene... yeah.. sure)

However, I don't know if Adolfo Mesquita Nunes can revive the CDS, as the party is currently, well, useless. The CDS was always that party on the right that congregated all the people who believe the PSD was too centrist: the Liberals and the Conservatives. After the arrival of IL and CHEGA, CDS had nothing to offer these voters and even some of the moderates are now going to the PSD. Plus, if Mesquita Nunes is successful in winning the leadership, what will he do? Follow the strategy of Assunção Cristas, where Mesquita Nunes was her deputy, that gave the lowest share ever for CDS? Or goes with a Liberal strategy? Frankly, I don't know. We'll see.

I don't think Mesquita Nunes would do much better than Chicão, but someone like Nuno Melo or Cecília Meireles might. A good leader would at least be a step forward. In any case it's sad to see an almost 50 year old party who was one of the founders of democracy die out.

Of course nepotism is part of the Portuguese culture as a whole (sadly), but I think it's particularly bad in the Azores, being small isolated islands.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1042 on: February 07, 2021, 10:48:07 AM »

I don't think Mesquita Nunes would do much better than Chicão, but someone like Nuno Melo or Cecília Meireles might. A good leader would at least be a step forward. In any case it's sad to see an almost 50 year old party who was one of the founders of democracy die out.

Of course nepotism is part of the Portuguese culture as a whole (sadly), but I think it's particularly bad in the Azores, being small isolated islands.

I don't Nuno Melo is very popular, to be honest. He has become a bit of "weirdo" even for many CDS members. Cecília Meireles yes, she is very well regarded and is a very good MP. But, ultimately, Rodrigues dos Santos future in now linked to Rui Rio's future, which isn't a very omen, to be honest. If the PSD coalitions make big gains in the local elections, Chicão could say that the CDS has gained a lot of ground in the elections. However, it's widely expected that the PSD will not make significant gains in these elections, which could doom Rodrigues dos Santos.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1043 on: February 10, 2021, 09:25:12 AM »

2021 local elections: Independent movements filed a complaint to the DA office to rule the latest change in the electoral law as unconstitutional.

Local elections. Changes in the electoral law call into question independent candidacies.

Last year, PS and PSD approved a change in the electoral law that would complicate independent candidacies for local elections. The new rules would forbid independent candidacies of running in the same ticket for mayor, assembly and parish, thus demanding the formation of separate candidacies, forbid the use of words like "party" or "coalition" in independent movement names, and more signatures would be necessary in order for lists to be approved, 3% of registered voters in each circle. The law also says that a judge, even in shift, could struck down any candidacy and force the repetition of all the process in a very, very short time. Independent movements are furious with the changes and have appealed to the DA office in order to analyse the change in the law and rule it unconstitutional. The movements also accuse PS and PSD of trying to prevent independent movement of running in the elections.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1044 on: February 10, 2021, 08:15:55 PM »

2021 local elections: PSD will discuss a possible postponement of the fall local elections.

PSD President Rui Rio said today that the party decided to reflect on the possibility of a postponement of municipal elections and promised a position for "the next few days".

Some PSD local parties have been asking for a discussion about a possible postponement of the fall elections because of the pandemic and the delayed vaccine plan. Many PSD members consider that it will be nearly impossible to campaign for the elections if some restrictions continue as local elections campaigns are very person to person and door by door. Asked by reporters about this idea by some PSD members, Mr Rio said that he will consider it because in the last few days, he said, it was clear that the vaccine rollout plan is very delayed and the pandemic projections are still very in doubt. Mr Rio added he will hear several PSD mayors and party machine staff and make a final statement "in the coming days". The PS has already reacted by saying that this idea is "premature", but accused Rio of maybe having the fear "of confronting his internal opposition".

The 2021 local elections are schedule to be held between 22 September and 14 October. The date is called by the Prime Minister and has to be called 80 days in advance at minimum. Looking at the calendar, the most likeliest date is probably 26 September, as 3 October is near the 5 October holiday, this, of course, if nothing changes in the date.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1045 on: February 12, 2021, 05:36:01 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2021, 08:01:03 AM by Mike88 »

What a weird poll Aximage just released on the Funchal local elections:

Aximage poll for Funchal city (104,000 inhabitants) - PS incumbent

Vote share %:

60.9% PSD/CDS
22.4% PS/BE/PDR/NC
  3.0% CHEGA
  2.3% IL
  1.3% JPP
  1.0% Independent
  0.3% CDU
  0.3% PTP
  8.5% Others/Invalid

This data is if the PSD/CDS candidate is the vice president of the Madeira government, Pedro Calado. Other names were also polled and all defeated the incumbent PS mayor, Miguel Gouveia, but, currently, Pedro Calado seems to be the favourite pick within the PSD. However, the PSD/CDS coalition hasn't choose a candidate yet. Still, the poll is very weird as it gives a ridiculous lead for the PSD, as it is assumed that this race is currently too close to call, like the Eurosondagem poll, a few weeks ago, showed. We'll see what other polls say.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1046 on: February 12, 2021, 07:32:54 AM »

2021 local elections: PSD has decided to present a bill to postpone the elections 60 days.

Rui Rio proposes that local elections be postponed for two months

After he hinted that possibility, a few days ago, Mr Rio announced that the PSD will present a bill to postpone the 2021 local elections for November/December, rather than in September/October. The PSD leader says he's "skeptical" that there will be 70% of the population fully vaccinated by August 31, that more time is needed and says that campaigning for a complex election like the local elections are impossible for just 20 days, during September. He adds that campaigning for local elections means knocking at doors, speaking to voters in rural and urban areas and that's impossible if there's no group immunity by the vaccines, plus he says that elections with limited campaigns benefit the local parties in power as those in the opposition cannot spread their message. Mr Rio concluded by saying this is what planning is like and that this is how he works, unlike the government.

P.S.: This postponement bill is doomed to fail as no party, other than the PSD, supports the idea.
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #1047 on: February 13, 2021, 01:33:06 AM »

Not very on topic, but I've just discovered this absolutely amazing animey poster of MDP/CDE, a socialist party that existed in the 70s.

Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #1048 on: February 13, 2021, 01:46:38 AM »

On a related note, I found some really cool stuff about the Carnation Revolution and chaos of the 70s.

Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1049 on: February 13, 2021, 08:01:33 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2021, 10:40:07 AM by Mike88 »

I think I posted, in the first Portugal election thread some of those videos. But, yes, they are very interesting and show how crazy the country was during 1974-75. Full and complete madness and we were literally at a brink of a civil war between the "reactionary" North and the "revolutionary" South. Thank God, cooler heads prevailed and in November 25, 1975, Portugal's revolutionary period ended. But, unfortunately, we still live with some of the effects of that period, economically at least.

Posters during the 70's were all very good. MDP/CDE was a very brief party actually. They only contested, alone, 3 elections: 1969, 1975 and 1987. They were a very strong opposition party during the Estado Novo and contested the 1969 elections, polling 2nd with 10%. In 1975, their result was a huge disappointment as it was expected they would perform quite well, and they polled behind CDS with just 4% of the votes. The party then formed a coalition with PCP that lasted until 1987, when PCP dumped MDP and formed a coalition with the Greens. Shortly after, the party was extinct and their former members, some went for CDU and others formed the Politics XXI party that later merged with the current Left Bloc (BE).

Posters from the 1975 elections: https://visao.sapo.pt/atualidade/politica/2015-04-24-recorde-os-cartazes-das-eleicoes-de-1975f817215/#&gid=0&pid=1 (my favourite is actually the PPD one, but I'm a bit biased Wink )

Also, first poll after the Presidential elections:

Eurosondagem poll for Sol newspaper/Porto Canal/other regional newspapers:

Vote share %:

39.3% PS (+0.3)
27.2% PSD (-0.8 )
  7.3% CHEGA (+1.8 )
  6.9% BE (+0.4)
  4.8% CDU (-0.5)
  3.0% IL (+1.7)
  2.5% CDS (+0.4)  
  2.0% PAN (-0.2)
  7.0% Others/Invalid (-3.1)

Poll conducted between 8 and 11 February 2021. Polled 1,022 voters. MoE of 2.90%.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 93  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies