Impeachment Megathread Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:21:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Impeachment Megathread Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 78
Author Topic: Impeachment Megathread Part 3  (Read 78153 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: January 21, 2020, 09:28:56 PM »

Zip it, Cory Booker.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #451 on: January 21, 2020, 09:29:17 PM »

If Dems wanted witnesses they should of done so in the House and they chosed not to. There isnt no whistleblower either

The White House blocked witnesses... can you for once do your research before you spout off?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #452 on: January 21, 2020, 09:30:43 PM »

Olawakandi: "Trump is guilty"

Also Olawakandi: "There is no whistleblower."

Despite the fact the crime you believe he is guilty of wouldn't be brought to light if there wasn't a whistleblower.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #453 on: January 21, 2020, 09:32:45 PM »

Trump is gonna be acquitted anyways
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #454 on: January 21, 2020, 09:34:40 PM »

I really do not think anyone on this forum is trying to dispute that...
Junior Chimp

« Reply #455 on: January 21, 2020, 09:41:16 PM »

Then this all about persuading the American Public! Circus as I call it.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #456 on: January 21, 2020, 09:46:15 PM »

Not the Dems fault that you guys are such hacks that Trump is gonna be acquitted regardless of the evidence
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #457 on: January 21, 2020, 09:48:12 PM »

I mean, if there were ANY way that witnesses would help Trump's case, Republicans would want them called. Thus, the only possible conclusion is that Republican senators know that witnesses will sink Trump and they're desperately trying to prevent that.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #458 on: January 21, 2020, 09:50:25 PM »

Not the Dems fault that you guys are such hacks that Trump is gonna be acquitted regardless of the evidence
You and your Party Clowns would have done the same thing if Results were reversed and Hillary were President. Not only do you want the undo the 2016 Election but also the 2020 Election.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #459 on: January 21, 2020, 10:01:39 PM »

You and your Party Clowns would have done the same thing if Results were reversed and Hillary were President. Not only do you want the undo the 2016 Election but also the 2020 Election.
If Hillary did what Trump did the party would of abandoned her and likely demanded her resignation (see Al Franken vs Roy Moore)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #460 on: January 21, 2020, 10:04:17 PM »

Schumer Amendment No. 4 was tabled 53-47, and now debating the Schumer Amendment No. 5.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #461 on: January 21, 2020, 10:04:59 PM »

Outrageously wrong. Hillary would have been nearly-unanimously impeached by the House had she blackmailed Ukraine for dirt on a political rival. If she hadn't resigned by now, she would have virtually no support in the Democratic Party at all at this point. If you honestly disagree, you have a very poor grasp on how politics work in America.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #462 on: January 21, 2020, 10:07:49 PM »

Schumer Amendment No. 4 was tabled 53-47, and now debating the Schumer Amendment No. 5.
Every Amendment will get tabled (killed). Republican Plan is working cuz at some Point the Public will grow tired.

Clown Schumer still things he can outsmart Mitch McConnell...wrong just like on Kavanaugh.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #463 on: January 21, 2020, 10:20:25 PM »

If Hillary did what Trump did the party would of abandoned her and likely demanded her resignation (see Al Franken vs Roy Moore)

This * 1000. The number one great example, among many, that yes there is a fundamental difference between the parties terms of bleeding the rule of procedure in law versus protecting your side at all costs.
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #464 on: January 21, 2020, 10:26:26 PM »

Hillary has nothing to do with this. This has to do with Donald and his actions alone. He pressured a foreign government into investigating his political rival and purposefully obstructed congressional requests for witnesses and evidence, and was impeached for these actions. You haven't even attempted to challenge these charges with evidence. Instead, you (and many other Republicans) have resorted to releasing your deep-rooted hatred for us in the form of insults. You're desperately trying to find reasons to continue supporting the President, but his incompetence, narcissism, and rejection of reason has only left you with one: hate.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #465 on: January 21, 2020, 10:29:29 PM »

Schumer Amendment No. 5 was tabled 53-47, and now debating the Schumer Amendment No. 6.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #466 on: January 21, 2020, 10:37:13 PM »

The GOP really is falling into a narrative trap with Schumer here.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #467 on: January 21, 2020, 10:46:58 PM »

Do Senators in general have staff members who do the tweeting for them, because iirc phones aren't allowed on the floor.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #468 on: January 21, 2020, 10:51:10 PM »

If it is decided to call witnesses, the GOP will take heavy advantage of the situation. For every John Bolton demanded by the Democrats there will be a Hunter Biden, Whistleblower, (possibly Joe himself) to testify.

Why do you guys keep thinking this is some killer talking point?

First of all, you act like we'll be quaking in our boots if Hunter Biden testifies.  But we won't.  It's so obviously a partisan move.  Even if he totally embarrasses himself, nobody really cares about the nominee's son.

I don't think you can even legally call the whistleblower, since you're not supposed to identify him according to whistleblower protection laws.

And it's stupid anyway.  I was listening to conservative talk radio this morning and their big gotcha was "Democrats want to call witnesses but won't let us call the whistleblower!"  Like do you guys really not understand how whistleblower protections work?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #469 on: January 21, 2020, 10:59:15 PM »

Outrageously wrong. Hillary would have been nearly-unanimously impeached by the House had she blackmailed Ukraine for dirt on a political rival. If she hadn't resigned by now, she would have virtually no support in the Democratic Party at all at this point. If you honestly disagree, you have a very poor grasp on how politics work in America.

Muh both sides!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #470 on: January 21, 2020, 11:00:55 PM »

The GOP really is falling into a narrative trap with Schumer here.
Not really! The big Question is when he will supoena John Bolton but I guess that would come tomorrow so that everyone can see it.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #471 on: January 21, 2020, 11:02:55 PM »

If it is decided to call witnesses, the GOP will take heavy advantage of the situation. For every John Bolton demanded by the Democrats there will be a Hunter Biden, Whistleblower, (possibly Joe himself) to testify.

First of all, you act like we'll be quaking in our boots if Hunter Biden testifies.  But we won't.  It's so obviously a partisan move.  Even if he totally embarrasses himself, nobody really cares about the nominee's son.

I don't think you can even legally call the whistleblower, since you're not supposed to identify him according to whistleblower protection laws.

And it's stupid anyway.  I was listening to conservative talk radio this morning and their big gotcha was "Democrats want to call witnesses but won't let us call the whistleblower!"  Like do you guys really not understand how whistleblower protections work?

To be fair. Republicans don't know how a lot of things work.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #472 on: January 21, 2020, 11:03:28 PM »

Although unlike some of the rest of y'all had to work today, and didn't start watching until around 6 PM PST....

It's actually pretty well done that the DEMs are making a case, despite the 'Pubs Party Line vote on every single one of these amendments refusing witness testimony and DoD documentation....

At this point thus far, it really creates a perception that Republican Senators are stonewalling, which I suspect is how a majority of Americans, especially Indies and "persuadable partisans" might also well view it....

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #473 on: January 21, 2020, 11:04:37 PM »

I don’t think they do nor do they care. The fact is someone blew the whistle on their orange god emperor so they have to be outed and then hung for treason because freedom or something
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #474 on: January 21, 2020, 11:14:55 PM »

I think Pam Bondi is going to take home the trophy for worst presentation tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies