Impeachment Megathread Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:30:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Impeachment Megathread Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 78
Author Topic: Impeachment Megathread Part 3  (Read 78149 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: January 21, 2020, 12:41:38 PM »

HAPPENING NOW: OPENING REMARKS FROM KING MITCH I!!
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #376 on: January 21, 2020, 12:43:18 PM »

Is McConnell even going to have the trial appear to be fair?

The Republican Trump Party is a joke, but not a very funny one; in fact, it's a very dangerous one, one that just may lead to our nation's downfall.

No, but the Republican don't have any good options here.  If Bolton testifies, the cat's out of the bag.  If he doesn't, it's a rigged trial and Democrats get to run with that to November.

Heads, I win.  Tails, you lose.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #377 on: January 21, 2020, 12:50:19 PM »

HAPPENING NOW: OPENING REMARKS FROM LOSER SCHUMER I
Junior Chimp

« Reply #378 on: January 21, 2020, 12:51:45 PM »

The Republican Trump Party is a joke, but not a very funny one; in fact, it's a very dangerous one, one that just may lead to our nation's downfall.

No, but the Republican don't have any good options here.  If Bolton testifies, the cat's out of the bag.  If he doesn't, it's a rigged trial and Democrats get to run with that to November.

No one is going to care about Impeachment come November. People will care about the Economy, Health Care and possible Immigration.

In 2013 I remember all the fuss about the Shutdown, ObamaCare, etc. would be a Major Issue for the 2014 Midterms. It didn't turn out that way. Economy still topped Voters minds, followed by ISIS, EBOLA & Immigration.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #379 on: January 21, 2020, 12:55:32 PM »

No one is going to care about Impeachment come November. People will care about the Economy, Health Care and possible Immigration.

In 2013 I remember all the fuss about the Shutdown, ObamaCare, etc. would be a Major Issue for the 2014 Midterms. It didn't turn out that way. Economy still topped Voters minds, followed by ISIS, EBOLA & Immigration.

The President of the United States has been impeached 3 (three) times in the history of the nation.  People are going to remember, and they are going to care.

The economy was fine (well, "fine", as the corporate media has been trying to convince us such since 2011) in 2014, 2016, and 2018.  Voters didn't care and they wanted something new.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #380 on: January 21, 2020, 01:12:25 PM »

Kinda weak comparison seeing as the shutdown was 1 year before the midterm as opposed to January of the election year like now also the economy was in recovery mode by 2014 the midterm was about the stupid EBOLA scare
Junior Chimp

« Reply #381 on: January 21, 2020, 01:14:51 PM »

The President of the United States has been impeached 3 (three) times in the history of the nation.  People are going to remember, and they are going to care.

The economy was fine (well, "fine", as the corporate media has been trying to convince us such since 2011) in 2014, 2016, and 2018.  Voters didn't care and they wanted something new.
If you think Impeachment will Top Voters minds come November you're mistaken. For some it might be an issue but for most Voters they want to talk kitchen table issues which affects their Daily Lives and not this partisan hack crap by both Parties.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #382 on: January 21, 2020, 01:34:12 PM »

If you think Impeachment will Top Voters minds come November you're mistaken. For some it might be an issue but for most Voters they want to talk kitchen table issues which affects their Daily Lives and not this partisan hack crap by both Parties.
I don't think a majority of Americans agree with that. Only Trump voters.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #383 on: January 21, 2020, 01:34:30 PM »

Very, very, very smart move by Team Trump to recruit 8 GOP House Reps to help. Winning move right here.

They are not going to speak on the Senate Floor though. They will act as surrogates. Good move nonetheless cuz they were shunned out in the House Proceedings.

It creates a seamless process for Trump. Those 8 House Reps know what the House Dems may be plotting. It’s a very clever move.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #384 on: January 21, 2020, 01:34:42 PM »

Inhofe has taken the oath

Schiff is speaking
Junior Chimp

« Reply #385 on: January 21, 2020, 01:39:10 PM »

The House Impeachment Inquiry was rigged by the House Leadership in the worst way possibly. Most of it is pure speculation and assumption like Pat Cippolone said in the Brief yesterday.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #386 on: January 21, 2020, 01:44:02 PM »

McConnell caved on a few points regarding the trial:

Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #387 on: January 21, 2020, 01:44:44 PM »

Imagine if Trump didn’t immediately (or ever) release the Transcript.

I’ll be honest, what the Whistleblower first reported sounded very bad. But he was very wrong, and we only know that bc of the Transcript.

Basically, the Whistleblower was concocted by the Dems, thinking they finally got their man. Nope, not even close.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #388 on: January 21, 2020, 01:45:57 PM »

Very, very, very smart move by Team Trump to recruit 8 GOP House Reps to help. Winning move right here.

They are not going to speak on the Senate Floor though. They will act as surrogates. Good move nonetheless cuz they were shunned out in the House Proceedings.

It creates a seamless process for Trump. Those 8 House Reps know what the House Dems may be plotting. It’s a very clever move.
The outcome in all of this is pretty clear. Trump will be acquitted by a partisan-line Vote just like the House did a partisan vote to impeach him give or take a few Senators (Votes).

The Question is: How much want Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar and Michael Bennet spent time in Washington instead of spending it in IA, NH.

GOP Senator Cornyn from Texas said there might be a bipartisan deal with these folks and Senate Republicans to speed up the Process.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #389 on: January 21, 2020, 01:50:50 PM »

McConnell caved on a few points regarding the trial:

Minor carvings in respect to the big Picture. Instead of 1AM Trail ending now 9pm ET Trail ending.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #390 on: January 21, 2020, 01:51:08 PM »

The House Impeachment Inquiry was rigged by the House Leadership in the worst way possibly. Most of it is pure speculation and assumption like Pat Cippolone said in the Brief yesterday.

Monmouth: Majority of Americans feel the House Impeachment inquiry was fair.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2020, 01:56:15 PM »

I’ll be honest, what the Whistleblower first reported sounded very bad. But he was very wrong, and we only know that bc of the Transcript.

Basically, the Whistleblower was concocted by the Dems, thinking they finally got their man. Nope, not even close.
You have to be trolling
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #392 on: January 21, 2020, 02:14:08 PM »

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #393 on: January 21, 2020, 02:39:04 PM »

Cipollone is speaking now
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #394 on: January 21, 2020, 02:43:05 PM »

Amendment to the rules offered by Mr. Schumer
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #395 on: January 21, 2020, 02:43:52 PM »

What the hell are you talking about? The transcript (and subsequent testimony and evidence) vindicated the whistleblower.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #396 on: January 21, 2020, 02:45:22 PM »

most voters have no clue what's going on in the world/usa. they'll make their choice off of "feel" and "gut" in the weeks/months leading up to the election.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #397 on: January 21, 2020, 02:45:29 PM »

More Days of Opening Statements though also means that Sanders & his Senate Folks won't be setting a single Foot into Iowa before February 3rd.

And everyone keeps saying Pelosi doesn't have anything to do with it. She knew excatly what she was doing to Biden's Main Rivals Sanders & Warren by sending over the Articles so late. I don't think this was a coincidence.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #398 on: January 21, 2020, 02:55:51 PM »

The Senate will now have a brief recess, subject to the call of The Chair, followed by up to 2 hours of debate time between proponents and opponents on Schumer Amendment #1284 to S.Res.483.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #399 on: January 21, 2020, 03:05:08 PM »

But... the transcript is one of the main thing that incriminates Trump. He's really going all in on psychological warfare on his cult...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies