2020 Redistricting Master Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:26:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Redistricting Master Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Redistricting Master Thread  (Read 21284 times)
Kevinstat

« on: December 30, 2019, 02:04:25 PM »

Good thinkin', Mr. Lincoln.
Kevinstat

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 03:00:37 PM »

I'd recommend adding the 1-CD states (besides just Montana, which some project to gain a 2nd CD) and Rhode Island (which currently has 2 CDs but which most project to go down to 1) as there could be some interest in Legislative redistricting in those states (I had a thread on Vermont Legislative Redistricting in 2011).
Kevinstat

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 07:04:46 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2019, 07:15:37 PM by Kevinstat »

There was a very brief Connecticut thread if I recall, it was moved here from the Congressional board.

If you mean this, it really just seems to be an argument over which party is worse wrt gerrymandering in general; most of the posts in that thread aren’t even about Connecticut.
I thought that myself when I saw that thread referenced here.

Thanks for adding the 1-CD (and projected 1-CD) states to the list, btw.  Although Oryxslayer makes a good point about having just a couple threads for all the 1-CD states.  Perhaps DC ward redistricting could be tacked on to the eastern 1-CD state thread, in case anyone on Atlas decides to draw or discuss plans for that.  But as you say, you can adjust your list as threads take shape.
Kevinstat

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 09:17:47 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2021, 09:23:51 PM by Kevinstat »

Rhode Island (non-congressional) [projected to fall to 1 seat]

The "(non-congressional)" and the "[projected to fall to 1 seat]" for Rhode Island should be removed from the OP now.  Of course I was as surprised about RI keeping it's second congressional seat as anyone.

And there's now a thread for it (congressional only, looks like, although that should be of most interest to most people on this forum) that should be added.
Kevinstat

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 09:24:49 PM »

Rhode Island (non-congressional) [projected to fall to 1 seat]

Only ones missing now (for congressional level) are HI (lol), ID, UT, and WV.

The "(non-congressional)" and the "[projected to fall to 1 seat]" for Rhode Island should be removed from the OP now.  Of course I was as surprised about RI keeping it's second congressional seat as anyone.

The only RI-specific redistricting thread I could find is this short one from 2014.  I imagine there was a thread about RI congressional redistricting in 2011-2012 though.

I already started one earlier today, actually. Will link it in there now.

I just noticed that and was in the process of editing my post when you replied.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies