Israeli General Election (2nd of March, 2020): Madness
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 08:07:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli General Election (2nd of March, 2020): Madness
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 63
Author Topic: Israeli General Election (2nd of March, 2020): Madness  (Read 131819 times)
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: March 10, 2020, 08:58:35 AM »

Do we have any idea who is ideally going to be in the govt so far? B&W, LGM, and then Huh happens.  Is YB looking at outside or inside support? Is all the Joint List going to be outside or will certain members be invited into govt? I have to assume that even the wonder twins would prefer anything to a fourth election.
From the tweets I get that YB are in, I hope JL won’t do anything stupid about it

Yeah right now Liberman is in. Thst's hsrder for the Joint List fo swalliw, but...politics. Odeh will form the government in 2040. Until then we have to play nice and put up with nonsense.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #951 on: March 10, 2020, 10:21:50 AM »

Do we have any idea who is ideally going to be in the govt so far? B&W, LGM, and then Huh happens.  Is YB looking at outside or inside support? Is all the Joint List going to be outside or will certain members be invited into govt? I have to assume that even the wonder twins would prefer anything to a fourth election.

Lieberman said he will only back a government he’ll actually be a part of, this was like last week but I doubt much has changed.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #952 on: March 10, 2020, 10:30:16 AM »

https://www.timesofisrael.com/court-rejects-netanyahus-request-to-postpone-trial-which-will-start-next-week/

Court Reject's Bibi's attempt to delay his trial. He will show up next week.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #953 on: March 10, 2020, 01:00:06 PM »

Orly levy is speaking against the minority government and the joint venture with Meretz. F***ing *********
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #954 on: March 10, 2020, 01:22:51 PM »

Orly levy is speaking against the minority government and the joint venture with Meretz. F***ing *********

Speaking against, or planning to vote against?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #955 on: March 10, 2020, 01:29:10 PM »

Might just vote Joint List if there's a fourth election lol
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #956 on: March 10, 2020, 01:33:25 PM »

Lol I just looked

The alliance was forced on her against her will? Girl what?

It’d have made more sense for her to have joined Hosen L’Yisrael or something.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #957 on: March 10, 2020, 01:36:55 PM »

Can't wait for your post on why you support Joint List.  Imagine if the Joint List seat count reaches 20.

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #958 on: March 10, 2020, 01:43:20 PM »

Can't wait for your post on why you support Joint List.  Imagine if the Joint List seat count reaches 20.

I probably won't. I physically can't vote homophobes and Balad in. But Orly Levy stole our votes and it's outrageous. Gantz and Peretz need to get their racists in line fast.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #959 on: March 10, 2020, 01:46:25 PM »

Can't wait for your post on why you support Joint List.  Imagine if the Joint List seat count reaches 20.

I probably won't. I physically can't vote homophobes and Balad in. But Orly Levy stole our votes and it's outrageous. Gantz and Peretz need to get their racists in line fast.

Why is she a racist? Still trying to push a unity government in 2020 is flat out stupid but you’re overreacting a bit

She might come around anyways who knows
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #960 on: March 10, 2020, 02:39:42 PM »

Why is she a racist? Still trying to push a unity government in 2020 is flat out stupid but you’re overreacting a bit

She's part of Labor-Gesher-Meretz, not YB.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #961 on: March 10, 2020, 03:34:48 PM »

I dont see why Joint List would want to join this government especially if Liberman is in on it
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #962 on: March 10, 2020, 03:41:10 PM »

I dont see why Joint List would want to join this government especially if Liberman is in on it

"The enemy of Bibi is my friend."
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #963 on: March 10, 2020, 04:01:36 PM »

Labor-Gesher-Meretz gets a mere 7 seats and one has to be wasted on her.

Does she (or even the word Gesher itself) actually bring a net gain of voters in? Seems like she's mostly dead weight.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #964 on: March 10, 2020, 06:34:54 PM »

Can't wait for your post on why you support Joint List.  Imagine if the Joint List seat count reaches 20.

If you can't even live with outside support from the representatives of Israel's Arab minority...
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #965 on: March 10, 2020, 06:39:28 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2020, 06:53:17 PM by Parrotguy »

Anyway, I'm feeling truly betrayed because I was always defending Orly and happy to welcome her into the camp. This is much less excusable than Hendel and Hauser's actions- they're acting incredibly stupid and outright destructive, yes, but they're not going against anything KL said in the past. Orly Levy got into the Knesset because of leftists only- in fact, analysis shows more than half of LGM's votes were from Meretz, whom she's deriding now. Peretz explicitly said they're supporting a minority government, and almost anyone who voted LGM is supporting it. Now, she's spitting us all in the face. In fact, she actually said before the election that she has no problem with JL outside support, so she's a liar as well as a traitor to her partners and a vote thief. Disgusting.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #966 on: March 10, 2020, 08:28:46 PM »

As we wait for this debacle to unfold in its full glory, here are the charts I posted last time, updated with the new results.

Parties, % of valid votes:

Parties, % of eligible voters:

Blocs, % of eligible voters:
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #967 on: March 11, 2020, 06:37:17 AM »

Her (Likud-supporting) brother has been seen in cosy chats with Bibi, so I guess not.

The real question was why such an obvious snake was allowed on a left wing list in the first place?
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #968 on: March 11, 2020, 07:42:32 AM »

Israel is a terrible country to be a leftist
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #969 on: March 11, 2020, 08:09:19 AM »

Israel is a terrible country to be a leftist

Israel is a terrible country to be a human being. But we are trying to change that. Our parties with values being incompetent doesn't help.
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #970 on: March 11, 2020, 08:17:29 AM »

Her (Likud-supporting) brother has been seen in cosy chats with Bibi, so I guess not.

The real question was why such an obvious snake was allowed on a left wing list in the first place?

The Israeli left is masochistic and self-hating. They believe--correctly, I hasten to add--that most Israeli Jews are to varying degrees captive to an unthinking, superstitious, and racist narrative about our country and our world. Their response has been to mive to the right, to actually participate in that corrosive narrative. The only oppositional party to actually change the story, to dream better, to propose and argue for a future that includes all of us, to persuasively challenge the lies people tell themselves is the Joint List. Which is why they are ascendant and why Labor and Meretz are deservedly self-incinerating right now.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #971 on: March 11, 2020, 10:26:11 AM »

The racism of the Israeli left (whether directed at Arabs or Mizrahi Jews) isn't some new phenomenon.

This goes even if you don't see Zionism as an inherently racist.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #972 on: March 11, 2020, 01:47:15 PM »

I wish Gantz could just toss out Lieberman and make a government with the Joint Lists and the Haredim. It just sounds so much better than letting in secular racists.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #973 on: March 11, 2020, 02:06:46 PM »

I wish Gantz could just toss out Lieberman and make a government with the Joint Lists and the Haredim. It just sounds so much better than letting in secular racists.

The Haredim are, unfortunately, also quite racist at this point. (My understanding is this wasn't always the case.)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #974 on: March 11, 2020, 05:20:50 PM »

It'd be a bitter pill for Lapid, too. The entire reason the Lapid family are in politics is to oppose the Haredim.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 63  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies