Israeli General Election (2nd of March, 2020): Madness
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:38:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli General Election (2nd of March, 2020): Madness
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 63
Author Topic: Israeli General Election (2nd of March, 2020): Madness  (Read 132259 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: February 10, 2020, 03:34:11 PM »

Might I remind you all that this is a party portraying itself as competent to rule?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #351 on: February 10, 2020, 04:07:39 PM »

Oops.
I don’t see a big deal, every party running no matter how small can get those figures. Part for divorced men running away from court documents there’s nothing in the data that really breaches privacy

It's not dangerous within Israel, its the danger that said data could end up in the hands of malicious actors. Russia has little desire to influence Israel to the degree it pulls strings in European politics, but certain middle eastern neighbors may like such data.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #352 on: February 10, 2020, 04:19:07 PM »

Oops.
I don’t see a big deal, every party running no matter how small can get those figures. Part for divorced men running away from court documents there’s nothing in the data that really breaches privacy

It's not dangerous within Israel, its the danger that said data could end up in the hands of malicious actors. Russia has little desire to influence Israel to the degree it pulls strings in European politics, but certain middle eastern neighbors may like such data.

Lol our governments BEEN spying on us for years, they're just sorry they got caught this time.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2020, 01:49:46 AM »

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Israel-begins-mapping-out-West-Bank-land-for-annexation-after-election-616961

Israel is totally not a quasi-apartheid and fascist state when they want to annex foreign land aka Russia style, while wanting to kick Arabs from the Israeli state.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #354 on: February 11, 2020, 09:07:29 AM »

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Israel-begins-mapping-out-West-Bank-land-for-annexation-after-election-616961

Israel is totally not a quasi-apartheid and fascist state when they want to annex foreign land aka Russia style, while wanting to kick Arabs from the Israeli state.

As a Jew, I'm looking forward to all criticism of this moronic plan being unduly labeled as anti-Semitic.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #355 on: February 11, 2020, 12:07:02 PM »

The deleted comment 🤡
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #356 on: February 13, 2020, 09:01:52 AM »

Doesn't change the fact that they still would need outside support from The Joint List to govern according to polls.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #357 on: February 13, 2020, 10:34:51 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2020, 10:47:21 AM by jaymichaud »

Doesn't change the fact that they still would need outside support from The Joint List to govern according to polls.

Didn’t Yisrael BaAliyah sit with Meretz back in the 90s?

Also what’s the key differences between Meretz and Labor at this point? I understand the differences in the 70s/80s/90s (Religion and state, social issues, the Palestinians etc.), but in 2020?
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #358 on: February 14, 2020, 03:03:46 AM »

Yes, and it's Liberman so take what he says for what it's worth.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #359 on: February 17, 2020, 01:16:55 PM »

Netanyahu announced former Jerusalem Mayor, MK Nir Barkat, as his future Finance Minister as part of the new attempt to appeal to liberals. Doesn't seem like it helped in the polls.
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #360 on: February 17, 2020, 02:27:43 PM »

Netanyahu announced former Jerusalem Mayor, MK Nir Barkat, as his future Finance Minister as part of the new attempt to appeal to liberals. Doesn't seem like it helped in the polls.

Literally nothing Netanyahu (and Trump) have done over the course of the campaign have moved the needle. That's hilarious. But I also get the sense that it's not quite right. It's a small polling error away from a massive shift between the blocs. The way the parties (and especially Liberman, who now praises) Labor-Meretz) are talking the sense is that Gantz is aiming straight ahead for a center-left minority coalition, and that that is the likeliest outcome. But the Bibi bloc is only a handful of seats away from a majority, and if enough people in the Center (of the country, not the political spectrum) just shrug at Gantz and stay home, or if the Arabs do so, then maybe Bibi pulls it out.

For what it's worth--which is admittedly not much--I stand by my campaign-long prediction that the polls, though showing Gantz and the left only 3 to 4 seats away from a majority, are almost certainly overestimating right wing turnout and that the left should get at least 60 seats. Bibi is toxic to all but the diehard Likudniks and Haredim, and he is being flanked left and right by growing discontent at his sclerotic influence in government. The polls do not capture this. Indeed they arguably cannot, since the selection bias inherent in polling can fail to capture a major drop (or uptick) in turnout. The polls failed to catch the solid Arab turnout in September. I think they probably are failing to capture the drop in right wing turnout in March.

On the other hand, Hamas is perhaps Bibi's most devoted political ally, and one cannot dismiss the possibility of Netanyahu looking at ugly internals trying to actually start a war.  He has certainly been talking up the possibility lately.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #361 on: February 18, 2020, 03:39:28 PM »

Likud are working on base turnout. My partner was a Likud members for years and she’s been getting more texts and calls then ever. They also have an app that take information from cellphone to target family and friends of those with the app

If Arab turnout will decrease by 5% and Likud/shas demographics by 2-3% we might see a very narrow right wing majority
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #362 on: February 18, 2020, 04:58:16 PM »

Likud are working on base turnout. My partner was a Likud members for years and she’s been getting more texts and calls then ever. They also have an app that take information from cellphone to target family and friends of those with the app

If Arab turnout will decrease by 5% and Likud/shas demographics by 2-3% we might see a very narrow right wing majority

Lol Likud's voterbase won't get any bigger... they pulled every single trick out of the bag a long time ago
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #363 on: February 18, 2020, 10:35:45 PM »

Lol Likud's voterbase won't get any bigger... they pulled every single trick out of the bag a long time ago

I think it's more a fear of a shrinking base rather than a growing one. The fundamentals of the contest don't favor likud: Bibi trial, repeated elections, and political stalemate all provide incentives to stay home if you are a likud voter. Changing parties is difficult considering the tribal nature of Israeli political pillars, but sitting at home is easy if you dissaprove of Bibi but approve of likud. So they want everyone and their mother to keep turning out.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #364 on: February 19, 2020, 09:09:22 AM »

Joint List has put big flashy billboards in Yiddish in Bnei Barak ("Your voice against forced enlistment') and in Amharic in Petah Tikvah ("Your voice against police harrassment"). I'm pretty sure these are more about getting the votes of ex-Meretz voters than Chassidish or Ethiopian voters, but I'm interested to know what the Israeli posters here think of it. Have y'all noticed an increased interest in the Joint List among Jewish  folks? Do you think this multi-lingual campaigning will pay off short term (more votes) or long term (building a base, expanding Hadash's reach?)...
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #365 on: February 19, 2020, 09:34:38 AM »

Joint List has put big flashy billboards in Yiddish in Bnei Barak ("Your voice against forced enlistment') and in Amharic in Petah Tikvah ("Your voice against police harrassment"). I'm pretty sure these are more about getting the votes of ex-Meretz voters than Chassidish or Ethiopian voters, but I'm interested to know what the Israeli posters here think of it. Have y'all noticed an increased interest in the Joint List among Jewish  folks? Do you think this multi-lingual campaigning will pay off short term (more votes) or long term (building a base, expanding Hadash's reach?)...
I do wonder, what would be a The Jewish Home-Joint List voter?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #366 on: February 19, 2020, 10:40:04 AM »

This campaign as you said is to bite in the Meretz flank. Haredi, Ethiopian, or Russian voters are going to move a inch towards the JL.

There’s a radical left group called Standing together with a similar campaign of class-uniting-identity politics stand. It didn’t work for them and it won’t work in the future.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #367 on: February 19, 2020, 10:41:37 AM »

Joint List has put big flashy billboards in Yiddish in Bnei Barak ("Your voice against forced enlistment') and in Amharic in Petah Tikvah ("Your voice against police harrassment"). I'm pretty sure these are more about getting the votes of ex-Meretz voters than Chassidish or Ethiopian voters, but I'm interested to know what the Israeli posters here think of it. Have y'all noticed an increased interest in the Joint List among Jewish  folks? Do you think this multi-lingual campaigning will pay off short term (more votes) or long term (building a base, expanding Hadash's reach?)...
I do wonder, what would be a The Jewish Home-Joint List voter?
I do know a NU-JL voter, though not in successive elections. A radical settler from the hills turned left libertarian. Though still very religious.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #368 on: February 19, 2020, 10:55:10 AM »

No. They (we?) have their own parties to act in their interests.
EastAnglianLefty

« Reply #369 on: February 19, 2020, 11:06:22 AM »

Which parties do Ethiopian Jews generally favour?
danny
Israel

« Reply #370 on: February 19, 2020, 11:50:28 AM »

Likud in first, followed by BW and then Shas.
danny
Israel

« Reply #371 on: February 19, 2020, 04:35:18 PM »

Likud is actually trying to get Arab support this time, spending actual resources there, and Bibi did an interview with an Arabic website.
EastAnglianLefty

« Reply #372 on: February 19, 2020, 05:11:01 PM »

Likud in first, followed by BW and then Shas.

Is this because of any specific issues, or the same kinds of reasons as Likud does better with Mizrahis?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #373 on: February 19, 2020, 05:16:24 PM »

Likud is actually trying to get Arab support this time, spending actual resources there, and Bibi did an interview with an Arabic website.
Why in the world would any Arab support Likud and why does Bibi think that Arabs could support Likud.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #374 on: February 19, 2020, 05:27:33 PM »

Lol Arab48?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 63  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies