The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:31:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 165933 times)
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« on: November 11, 2020, 11:58:22 PM »

Ya know if Trump does run and win in 2024 he will be the *perfect* Grover Cleveland parallel
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 11:19:06 PM »

I gotta say as a South Carolinian my parents hate her, especially my dad. He's very conservative but her refusal to aid farmers (wouldn't even meet with the Ag Commissioner) after Hurricane Matthew pissed him off and a lot of famers (and therefore conservatives). I could see something like that haunting her, especially trying to get through Iowa.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 11:47:40 PM »

I gotta say as a South Carolinian my parents hate her, especially my dad. He's very conservative but her refusal to aid farmers (wouldn't even meet with the Ag Commissioner) after Hurricane Matthew pissed him off and a lot of famers (and therefore conservatives). I could see something like that haunting her, especially trying to get through Iowa.

I could definitely see her having trouble in a Republican Presidential Primary (although probably a good general election candidate if she ever made it through the primary). What you are highlighting, sort of speaks to her ultimate weakness... her strength & interest is the Political game, not the policy side.  (She reminds me a little of almost a George W. Bush (comes across very likeable and down to earth & relatable...but less adept at developing policy solutions etc.  And while I do think she would win the SC Primary... I also think she if is overall more highly look at, by people outside of SC.

BTW...My Granddad is also a life long farmer (in NC). 

Woo farmer gang!

But yea, even as a middle schooler with a political addiction I could tell even back then she was constantly trying to posture for higher office. The incident I said, she did accept federal aid for houses, but not farmers. The removing of the confederate flag, the republicans rebuttal, all political posturing. I think her initial plan was to run for president in 2020 for be VP for like Cruz or Bush or whoever, but then Trump happened.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 02:20:56 AM »

About Haley’s time out of office, it depends on wether she runs in 2024 or 2028. If 2024 she will have served in the previous admin for 2 years which isn’t nothin, and being out of office for 6 years isn’t too much to overcome when you were previously a household name. Newt Gingrich had been out of office for over a decade when he ran for president in 2012. However I think there is a non-zero chance she could run for governor or senate in 2022 if there is enough pressure for McMaster/Scott to step aside. However it is worth noting both have previously said they are running for re-election
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 04:24:11 PM »

Hogan wants to run, just he’s running for a Republican Party that hasn’t existed over a decade
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 11:14:07 AM »

Almost certain he might wan to run if he's doing this.

If pence wants to run in four years that’s his best move
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 11:31:31 PM »

I don’t really believe her, since she spent so much of 2020 visiting early primary states, but Noem claims she’s not going to run for president in 2024:

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2021/01/06/gov-noem-run-president-2024-shes-finally-answering-directly/6571470002/

"No," the governor said Wednesday afternoon after being asked if she will run for president in 2024, during a trip to Sioux Falls.  "I am focused on staying here in South Dakota."

Based in the last few cycles. The more someone says they’re not going to run, the more I think they are going to run
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 11:37:15 PM »

I don’t really believe her, since she spent so much of 2020 visiting early primary states, but Noem claims she’s not going to run for president in 2024:

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2021/01/06/gov-noem-run-president-2024-shes-finally-answering-directly/6571470002/

"No," the governor said Wednesday afternoon after being asked if she will run for president in 2024, during a trip to Sioux Falls.  "I am focused on staying here in South Dakota."

This early on, they always deny interest. If she's in, she won't announce until after the 2022 midterms.

Yea, no serious candidate would announce until 2023. It’s all testing the waters and watching the environment till then.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 01:10:17 AM »

If true, then I guess Trump won't be the 2024 GOP presidential nominee:

Good good, split the vote
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2021, 12:55:04 AM »

Candace Owens tweeted this:

Ah so this is going to be the republicans Williamson?
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2023, 04:17:01 PM »

Screw it, I'm running a Write-In Campaign for the Democratic Primary. Can I get more votes than Marianne Williamson?

If you actually bothered to file for the Democratic primaries and spent some time going around raising money and what not, I bet you would get more votes than Marianne Williamson.

I can't I'm 17

Skill issue
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2023, 10:43:34 PM »

I can’t imagine any congressional democrat or governor endorsing someone besides Biden. I can see a few trying to stay out of it for re-election
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2023, 02:43:34 PM »

I like Sununu’s name cause it looks like a u did a cartwheel
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2023, 05:04:32 PM »

Burgumdians rise up

A yoga ball in every office!
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2023, 03:14:16 PM »

Why is Burgum announcing on the same day as the former VP?

Doesn't make any sense to me: it just means you have less publicity and Burgum doesn't have the luxury of high name recognition. Why isn't he waiting for another week or month?

Because he's not running for President, he's running for a cabinet position.

I could see him being picked for Energy, what with all the oil and nukes in his state
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2023, 09:34:07 PM »

No idea who Trump would pick but remember sabe in 2016 no one had any idea it would be Pence, who is the boringest man alive in comparison.

Tbf that’s kind of why Trump chose him

If I had to pick someone if I was trump I’d pick Cynthia Lummis of Kim Reynolds. Solid conservative, younger, but not young enough to make trump look old
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2023, 09:46:56 PM »

No idea who Trump would pick but remember sabe in 2016 no one had any idea it would be Pence, who is the boringest man alive in comparison.

Tbf that’s kind of why Trump chose him

If I had to pick someone if I was trump I’d pick Cynthia Lummis of Kim Reynolds. Solid conservative, younger, but not young enough to make trump look old
Lummis endorsed DeSantis. She has been badmouthing him.

I think Kim Reyonlds is likely on his list.

That’s surprising, so yea Lummis is persona non grata to him now
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2023, 04:09:28 PM »

ALREADY IN:

Trump
Ramaswamy
Haley
Hutchinson
Scott (SC)
Elder
Pence
DeSantis
Christie
Burgum
Suarez
Hurd

MAYBE:
Bolton
Scott (FL)
Youngkin
Perry

WHAT THE HELL WHY IS RICK SCOTT THINKING ABOUT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT?

I want Austin Scott, Phil Scott, Bob Scott, Ray Scott, and Elizabeth Scott jump in so we can see who the best Scott is
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2023, 08:05:02 AM »

Dean Philips is a weird recruit. He’s just a three term representative with no elected experience and hasn’t even chaired a committee or subcommittee. The only thing he has going is he’s lowkey hot in a Patrick Dempsey way
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2023, 10:29:39 PM »

Manchin ‘thinking seriously’ about leaving Democratic Party

I suspect this would be in preparation for a run with No Labels.

I just truly don’t understand No Labels. Joe Biden isn’t Bernie Sanders for crying out loud. And with the people they might get to run, it would be three white guys with a combined age of well over 200. Who do they appeal to? Beltway people, McMullin voters?

"Give me attention."

Even if Democrats lose the Senate, both he and Sinema will not be missed by anyone. They will be remembered as the Joe Liebermans of the party and disowned.   

Manchin announces he’s running under “a West Virginia for Manchin” party
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2024, 12:57:46 AM »

No Labels might as well give their ballot access to RFK Jr., who has basically done a Tulsi Gabbard style "ultra-reactionary Democrat" swing dance anyway.
What ballot access? Are they on the ballot in any states?

NoLapels is on the ballot in 14 states as of today.
I get having personal taste but I can’t imagine lapels are that unpopular to have a whole party against them. Where am I supposed to put by pins! Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies