Soccer mom warns about "white supremacists" recruiting teens on the internet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:22:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Soccer mom warns about "white supremacists" recruiting teens on the internet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Soccer mom warns about "white supremacists" recruiting teens on the internet  (Read 2112 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2019, 07:44:18 PM »

(that was funny)

isn't "triggered" a SJW phrase?  I certainly hear it more from those types (and Badger) than I do from "white supremacists"....of course I spend more time with SJWs (and Badger) than I do with "white supremacists".

It's become ironically co-opted almost to the point of meaninglessness.

Trigger warnings' existence was based off of the very rare instances where a student in college or some setting like that would experience PTSD from something that would remind them of their trauma, whether that's a veteran facing war flashbacks or a person who was sexually assaulted, it was a means of being sensitive to the hardships that others may have experienced. Following that it became genuinely used on the internet for similar reasons.

Then, as always, a backlash based around it being a "PC, snowflake, SJW, Tumblrite" (or other overused, nebulous, pejorative term of choice)  caused it to be used asa  form of mockery instead. And then from there evolved into the commonly used synonym for "upset" that it's become today. And it's unfortunate because that use of the word undermines its original intent and purpose.

Never underestimate the internet's ability to ruin everything.
the people who overused in the first place deserve some blame too, some people were being triggered by things like Trump's name being drawn with chalk on sidewalks and white dudes wearing dreadlocks.  A backlash was inevitable with or without the internet.  It just sped up the process.

Maybe so. But for that to even bother its critics in turn suggests that it isn't only left-wing internet users who are so easily "triggered," it's just by different things. It basically amounts to another mentality forming based around "people getting triggered, triggers me." Hell, I may not be any better because now I'm here, in this post, essentially saying that people triggered about people triggered by trigger warnings, triggers me. See what I'm saying about how meaningless it's become? The blame isn't solely on any one side.
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Nuke
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 8.09

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2019, 08:35:32 PM »

I already saw one claim that she was afraid her daughter would fall in love with an incel on Facebook. It took this long for a woman to make a video saying THIS?
I thought falling in love with an incel (and having sex with them) makes that person... not an incel anymore? It's hard to be angry at not getting laid when you're gettong laid, n'est-ce pas?
That's exactly what makes it so ridiculous and hilarious.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2019, 10:43:55 AM »

This is actually really good.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2019, 12:17:53 PM »

She's not wrong at all, how do you think they got Sanchez?
Nice try, but I'm not a gamer. I've never even owned a Xbox, or a PlayStation for that matter.

Oh, so how did they recruit you?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2019, 12:20:08 PM »

I agree, this is a real problem on this site.  Calling people "triggered" is a sign of white supremacy and should be grounds for banning.

Lol chill fam lmfao. Commie wants to censor speech cause his fam feelings hurt lmfaaoo #proudmayosapien

And in a long overdue development, on to ignore you go you racist waste of bandwidth
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2019, 12:35:10 PM »

(that was funny)

isn't "triggered" a SJW phrase?  I certainly hear it more from those types (and Badger) than I do from "white supremacists"....of course I spend more time with SJWs (and Badger) than I do with "white supremacists".
This is so true. The SJW/Badger crowd regularly demeans the right for being "insensitive" and using such language to dismiss their various crackpot concerns, while simultaneously calling anyone who dares question a matter of public morality the same phrase. The greatest irony is that Badger usually angrily sh!tposts while using such phrases in ALL CAPS, making him and his red avatar sycophants look like complete nuts in the process. It's pretty hilarious when you think of it. I bet you George Carlin would have something to say about that if he was still alive.

actually, the sjw in Badger types are much more likely to use the term snowflake for folks like you outraged being called out for being caught and what he's done, or the latest campus or zoning board oppression of fundamental Liberty. But whatevs.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2019, 12:36:31 PM »

(that was funny)

This is so true. The SJW/Badger crowd regularly demeans the right for being "insensitive" and using such language to dismiss their various crackpot concerns, while simultaneously calling anyone who dares question a matter of public morality the same phrase. The greatest irony is that Badger usually angrily sh!tposts while using such phrases in ALL CAPS, making him and his red avatar sycophants look like complete nuts in the process. It's pretty hilarious when you think of it. I bet you George Carlin would have something to say about that if he was still alive.

BTW, you are per usual talking out of your racist ass. I rarely resort to all caps. Periodically, perhaps, but I'm far more likely to use ellipses.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2019, 12:41:11 PM »

It never fails to astonish me how easy it is to touch a nerve with Badger.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2019, 12:41:37 PM »

(that was funny)

It's become ironically co-opted almost to the point of meaninglessness.

Trigger warnings' existence was based off of the very rare instances where a student in college or some setting like that would experience PTSD from something that would remind them of their trauma, whether that's a veteran facing war flashbacks or a person who was sexually assaulted, it was a means of being sensitive to the hardships that others may have experienced. Following that it became genuinely used on the internet for similar reasons.

Then, as always, a backlash based around it being a "PC, snowflake, SJW, Tumblrite" (or other overused, nebulous, pejorative term of choice)  caused it to be used asa  form of mockery instead. And then from there evolved into the commonly used synonym for "upset" that it's become today. And it's unfortunate because that use of the word undermines its original intent and purpose.

Never underestimate the internet's ability to ruin everything.
the people who overused in the first place deserve some blame too, some people were being triggered by things like Trump's name being drawn with chalk on sidewalks and white dudes wearing dreadlocks.  A backlash was inevitable with or without the internet.  It just sped up the process.
I don't think anyone unironically described themselves as "triggered" due to that.

The closest thing I can think of is that video where that black girl in some college berated some white guy for having dreadlocks and threatened to cut them, though the video was taken mid-encounter. She later wrote something explaining her side, she was doing something like handing out pamphlets and that guy was particularly rude to her. She got upset at this and also how she noticed his dreadlocks and was "appropriating her culture" (don't think she used the word "triggered" though) so she got angry and attacked him for that and that video commenced. Basically she's still an idiot but would've just ignored him if he hadn't been a jerk too.

But I don't think I've seen anyone claim a white person with dreadlocks gave them a PTSD flashback.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2019, 12:49:19 PM »

Oh, you rarely hit a nerve, this being no exception. I just don't take s*** from a racist Punk with abysmal debating skills you calls me out.
The fact that you call a post on Atlas "taking sh!t" to me suggest I've hit some kind of nerve. This is Atlas for Christ's sake.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2019, 12:53:06 PM »

Oh, you rarely hit a nerve, this being no exception. I just don't take s*** from a racist Punk with abysmal debating skills you calls me out.
The fact that you call a post on Atlas "taking sh!t" to me suggest I've hit some kind of nerve. This is Atlas for Christ's sake.

Kthnxbye
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2019, 12:53:48 PM »

Kthnxbye
Sanchez: 1
Badger: 0
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2019, 12:57:12 PM »

Says the easily triggered racist.
This....this is more ironic than anything Badger has EVER posted.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2019, 01:03:02 PM »

Not sure you know the meaning of those words dude, but alright say what you must to feel better about yourself.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2019, 01:07:13 PM »

Okay, I might be a bit of a hypocrite considering my own recent participation here, but before the spirals any further out of control may I suggest we simply get back to the subject of a thread, no matter how admittedly non news
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2019, 01:09:00 PM »

Okay, I might be a bit of a hypocrite considering my own recent participation here, but before the spirals any further out of control may I suggest we simply get back to the subject of a thread, no matter how admittedly non news
I mean this thread was never substantive. It's just some wino mom who hasn't cut the umbilical chord yet. It doesn't boil down to anything beyond a CNN headline that could be condensed to: BREAKING NEWS: People use the internet!
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2019, 01:09:57 PM »

Not sure you know the meaning of those words dude, but alright say what you must to feel better about yourself.
OMG LMAO.

Literally all you do is rage and insult people. You called Jacobin an "idiot" last time I saw you (I figured you left in a huff or got arrested for planning to shoot up your school or something) for making a thoughtful comment about a touchy subject.

You're just a pissed off sad little kid. You shouldn't throw stones in houses of glass.
Holy sh**t dude, the what the actual hell.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2019, 01:11:25 PM »

OMG LMAO.

Literally all you do is rage and insult people. You called Jacobin an "idiot" last time I saw you (I figured you left in a huff or got arrested for planning to shoot up your school or something) for making a thoughtful comment about a touchy subject.

You're just a pissed off sad little kid. You shouldn't throw stones in houses of glass.
Did I trigger you?
No, more like make me worried about you.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2019, 01:12:37 PM »

OMG LMAO.

Did I trigger you?
No, more like make me worried about you.
I'd be more worried about yourself, personally, but you do you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies