Soccer mom warns about "white supremacists" recruiting teens on the internet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:21:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Soccer mom warns about "white supremacists" recruiting teens on the internet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Soccer mom warns about "white supremacists" recruiting teens on the internet  (Read 2121 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2019, 06:53:11 PM »

i mean who cares man the internet is like stupid anyway lmao nobody takes it seriously at least i hope not
Yeah seriously it’s not like we’ve had two mass shootings this year inspired by 8chan.....oh wait

wtf is 8chan? did they like make a sequel to 4chan?
Yes except unlike 4chan were it was mostly “edgy” teens posting garbage this place was a legit neo-nazi gathering place. And we had two shootings this year by regular posters from there

oh man those guys need to chill out and join the adult world.

i don't understand people like that. do they really want to spend their whole lives miserable sitting in their moms basement fighting with strangers on the internet?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2019, 07:31:09 PM »

She's completely correct.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2019, 07:36:03 PM »

I mean, to a degree, but what exactly is so fresh or profound about radicals using the internet and social media to radicalize? ISIS, white nationalism, Antifa, etc, none of this is new. Or even newsworthy.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Slovakia

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2019, 09:23:23 PM »

I agree, this is a real problem on this site.  Calling people "triggered" is a sign of white supremacy and should be grounds for banning.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2019, 11:34:55 PM »

i mean who cares man the internet is like stupid anyway lmao nobody takes it seriously at least i hope not
Yeah seriously it’s not like we’ve had two mass shootings this year inspired by 8chan.....oh wait

wtf is 8chan? did they like make a sequel to 4chan?
Yes except unlike 4chan were it was mostly “edgy” teens posting garbage this place was a legit neo-nazi gathering place. And we had two shootings this year by regular posters from there

oh man those guys need to chill out and join the adult world.

i don't understand people like that. do they really want to spend their whole lives miserable sitting in their moms basement fighting with strangers on the internet?

Yeah, they should post on Atlas instead!
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2019, 11:36:27 PM »

If you want to be a soccer teen your must choose between being a neo-Nazi and an ultra-woke critic of late-stage capitalism.

If you don't understand this you know nothing about soccer.

Don't European soccer teams actually have political affiliations sometimes? Heard in Germany that there's an ultra nationalist team with some neo-nazi supporters and like a left wing environmentalist team and they hate each other.
Higgins
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2019, 09:37:41 AM »

I agree, this is a real problem on this site.  Calling people "triggered" is a sign of white supremacy and should be grounds for banning.

Lol chill fam lmfao. Commie wants to censor speech cause his fam feelings hurt lmfaaoo #proudmayosapien
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2019, 10:06:57 AM »

If you want to be a soccer teen your must choose between being a neo-Nazi and an ultra-woke critic of late-stage capitalism.

If you don't understand this you know nothing about soccer.

Don't European soccer teams actually have political affiliations sometimes? Heard in Germany that there's an ultra nationalist team with some neo-nazi supporters and like a left wing environmentalist team and they hate each other.

Yes. SS Lazio in Italy is a great example. And in fact there's a proudboi subculture within American soccer supporters who are trying to import this to the United States. NYCFC supporters in particular.

There are many, many more American supporters emulating extreme leftist clubs like St. Pauli (Hamburg), Brighton and Hove Albion, Benfica (Portugal), Liverpool, etc. Hipster woke vegan straightedge antifa ancom types.

This is all a symptom of the pay-to-play nature of American youth soccer, full of upper-middle-class white kids who are all in some way or another detached from reality.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2019, 10:56:46 AM »

She's not wrong at all, how do you think they got Sanchez?
Nice try, but I'm not a gamer. I've never even owned a Xbox, or a PlayStation for that matter.

Nice try, it's not just gamers. You're involved in the more insidious aspects.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2019, 11:39:55 AM »

Nice try, but I'm not a gamer. I've never even owned a Xbox, or a PlayStation for that matter.

Oh yeah the famed white supremacist Koch brothers network! How could I forgot?!
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2019, 11:48:18 AM »

Didn't you attend a Make America White Great Again rally?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2019, 12:00:39 PM »

I’ve literally met Trump, shook his hand, and spoke briefly with him.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2019, 12:02:32 PM »

How orange is he in real life? How small did his hand feel?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2019, 12:03:55 PM »

How orange is he in real life? How small did his hand feel?
He’s big, taller than me (I’m 6ft), pretty fat, and has normal albeit fleshy hands. Hair is definitely real.
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Nuke
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 8.09

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2019, 12:37:30 PM »

I already saw one claim that she was afraid her daughter would fall in love with an incel on Facebook. It took this long for a woman to make a video saying THIS?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2019, 12:54:17 PM »

You forgot to remind Atlas, how you also closely approached the press table and were intimidating/threatening the news reporters when you were screaming profanities and throwing the middle-finger right-up to their face (at the rally).
A pure sign of your cultish and "white supremacists" violent actions.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2019, 02:11:59 PM »

You forgot to remind Atlas, how you also closely approached the press table and were intimidating/threatening the news reporters when you were screaming profanities and throwing the middle-finger right-up to their face (at the rally).
A pure sign of your cultish and "white supremacists" violent actions.
You’re a man child if you think casually flipping the bird is violent intimidation. I weigh 130 pounds ffs.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2019, 04:41:47 PM »

You’re a man child if you think casually flipping the bird is violent intimidation. I weigh 130 pounds ffs.
Whenever I see people like you “casually flipping the bird,” I always think to myself, “There goes a classy gentleman!”
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2019, 11:57:43 PM »

Some people know how to reach out to lonely, confused, scared people. So you are competing with the black jock for a pretty white girl? So your parents divorced and you need new friends. The educational system offers you the idea that there is nothing special about being white, and that is about all that you have as identity. Asians are getting the better grades and are more likely to go to college.  Blacks can't get over slavery and Jews can't get over the Holocaust.  The entertainment media seemingly mock white people who don't get "hood" culture.

Guess what? The Nazis are looking for fresh meat, young white kids who want some group solidarity. They offer such "white culture" as Nazi propaganda.

OK, so it was horrible eighty years ago and it is horrible today.   

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2019, 04:20:30 AM »

I'm more worried about suburban supremacist groups using the internet to radicalize white moms like poor Joanna here. Just the other day I was monitoring my mom's Facebook feed because I don't respect her privacy and I stumbled across some seriously disturbing content-- you know, pictures of box wine, outdoor lighting, wooden swing benches, and minivans with TV screens on the backs of the seats. There were even images glorifying hard criminals like Martha Stewart and dangerous conspiracy theories about vaccines causing autism. When I confronted her about it, she doubled down, trying to defend herself even as a I told her that the internet was warping her fragile, eggshell-like mind. Despite this, she keeps visiting dark corners of the internet like Pinterest, Facebook, and "household living" blogs. I've even heard her repeating phrases that she obviously heard from the internet, like "Can I speak to the manager" and "Live, Love, Laugh." At first I thought it was just a phase she was going through, but now she's started to meet up with like-minded people in real life at shady PTA meetings and bake sales. I'm scared. I don't want to turn a blind eye and suddenly find her sharing Minions memes and taking Xanax with chardonnay at two in the afternoon. I just want my mom back.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2019, 06:25:47 AM »

(that was funny)

isn't "triggered" a SJW phrase?  I certainly hear it more from those types (and Badger) than I do from "white supremacists"....of course I spend more time with SJWs (and Badger) than I do with "white supremacists".
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2019, 10:00:34 AM »

(that was funny)

isn't "triggered" a SJW phrase?  I certainly hear it more from those types (and Badger) than I do from "white supremacists"....of course I spend more time with SJWs (and Badger) than I do with "white supremacists".
This is so true. The SJW/Badger crowd regularly demeans the right for being "insensitive" and using such language to dismiss their various crackpot concerns, while simultaneously calling anyone who dares question a matter of public morality the same phrase. The greatest irony is that Badger usually angrily sh!tposts while using such phrases in ALL CAPS, making him and his red avatar sycophants look like complete nuts in the process. It's pretty hilarious when you think of it. I bet you George Carlin would have something to say about that if he was still alive.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2019, 06:30:04 PM »

(that was funny)

It's become ironically co-opted almost to the point of meaninglessness.

Trigger warnings' existence was based off of the very rare instances where a student in college or some setting like that would experience PTSD from something that would remind them of their trauma, whether that's a veteran facing war flashbacks or a person who was sexually assaulted, it was a means of being sensitive to the hardships that others may have experienced. Following that it became genuinely used on the internet for similar reasons.

Then, as always, a backlash based around it being a "PC, snowflake, SJW, Tumblrite" (or other overused, nebulous, pejorative term of choice)  caused it to be used asa  form of mockery instead. And then from there evolved into the commonly used synonym for "upset" that it's become today. And it's unfortunate because that use of the word undermines its original intent and purpose.

Never underestimate the internet's ability to ruin everything.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2019, 06:48:16 PM »

I already saw one claim that she was afraid her daughter would fall in love with an incel on Facebook. It took this long for a woman to make a video saying THIS?
I thought falling in love with an incel (and having sex with them) makes that person... not an incel anymore? It's hard to be angry at not getting laid when you're gettong laid, n'est-ce pas?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2019, 07:13:14 PM »

(that was funny)

It's become ironically co-opted almost to the point of meaninglessness.

Trigger warnings' existence was based off of the very rare instances where a student in college or some setting like that would experience PTSD from something that would remind them of their trauma, whether that's a veteran facing war flashbacks or a person who was sexually assaulted, it was a means of being sensitive to the hardships that others may have experienced. Following that it became genuinely used on the internet for similar reasons.

Then, as always, a backlash based around it being a "PC, snowflake, SJW, Tumblrite" (or other overused, nebulous, pejorative term of choice)  caused it to be used asa  form of mockery instead. And then from there evolved into the commonly used synonym for "upset" that it's become today. And it's unfortunate because that use of the word undermines its original intent and purpose.

Never underestimate the internet's ability to ruin everything.
the people who overused in the first place deserve some blame too, some people were being triggered by things like Trump's name being drawn with chalk on sidewalks and white dudes wearing dreadlocks.  A backlash was inevitable with or without the internet.  It just sped up the process.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies