The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:53:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Author Topic: The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult  (Read 21328 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2020, 10:33:47 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving with a great Turkey.

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is a big obstacle to having a great Turkey.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2020, 01:14:06 PM »

My family wasn't intending to go today. I'm waiting at home to get tested on Friday because I was around a person who I didn't know got infected with COVID. I am currently quarantining. I haven't showed any symptoms yet which means I haven't gotten infected or the symtoms have started appearing later (I was around the said-infected person on Friday) I'm glad I didn't go out. Makes me feel proud that I didn't unintentionally infect people. I'm proud of my family for staying home.

Also, F#ck you posters who went and gambled with other people's lives.

What a pathetic human being
What is your solution then, watch my relatives die?

I don't freaking care if you celebrate. Just stop trying to make everyone's life as sad as yours is just because you don't get to have fun.

Your bad priorities aside, don't you just want this pandemic to end?

I want kids back in schools, students back at colleges, intercontinental travel reopened, bars back in service, workers back in offices, concerts, in-person sports games, and the rest of it. America being shut down sucks, and that's exactly why I'm covid-cautious.

Personally, I'm not scared of the virus (or really much else), but I just want my life back. That's not going to happen until case counts go down, and case counts won't go down until we quit having big gatherings and being militant mask-wearers. If you get together with 10 people, there's a 1 in 4 chance somebody is infected. That's just probability. The fewer large gatherings we have, the faster America reopens.

That may or may not be true, but I've gone to probably 50-100 large gatherings of between 10 and 500 people since May, and I still don't have antibodies.  Just because someone there has covid does not mean it is remotely likely that you'll get it.  Stop being paranoid and live your life, unless you are high risk.  You can squeeze out a pretty normal life (at least in red states) if you are willing to.

Just because it hasn't happened to you yet doesn't mean it's not possible. Sure, maybe you specifically didn't get infected, but plenty of the hundreds of people you've been with probably did, and just pretending the issue doesn't exist just because you haven't personally caught it yourself (yet) is a really stupid philosophy.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2020, 06:51:24 PM »

The problem I have with the idea of boomers acting very disrespected and aghast at being called out as "boomers" (and with the increasingly negative connotation that carries) is that it has long been a favorite pastime of all old people to negatively deride younger generations - particularly the youngest at the time - simply because they have different preferences and/or beliefs. It's pretty much a stereotype.

The unfortunate reality for boomers (and silents, really) is that their generation has presided over a massive decline in prosperity and opportunity for generations below them and America at large. I'm not going to say whose fault that is, other than that nothing meaningful has been done to fix these problems while their generation(s) have ruled over the country.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2020, 06:50:24 PM »

And another one:

Looks like Michael Flynn is out and is celebrating by committing treason!

I don't care if some posters here are trolling or not, if you still think Flynn is a good man fully deserving of his pardon after this, maybe you should rethink your morals.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2020, 05:08:05 PM »

Well that settles it, According to the secret 28th amendment, only Ohio and Florida have valid electors
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2020, 10:59:48 AM »

In the 21st century there have been two Republican presidents. Both of them came into office losing the popular vote. Both inherited peace and prosperity. Both presidencies ended in unimaginable disaster. The only difference is Trump did it in just four years, rather than eight.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2020, 04:57:22 PM »

No. I expect elected officials to demonstrate good judgement and voting for Trump is the opposite of that.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2020, 02:05:54 PM »

Hey y'all, how about we take a step back & just f**king listen before making any snap judgments? I'm not suggesting she be believed right off the bat or anything, but at least have the f**king decency to wait for the facts & see how it all plays out. It's the same as when Tara Reade came out with her allegations: she was listened to, heard out, & when what she was saying turned out to be a bunch of contradictory bullsh*t, we moved past it. Perhaps most important, though, is that she was still heard out. We should always hear accusers out before making any snap judgments or immediately accusing them of having nefarious motives just because they happen to be alleging stuff about somebody whom you may be politically-inclined to support, & I don't think this should really constitute a hot take or anything, either.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2020, 02:47:43 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2020, 11:35:35 AM by Paul Mitchell is a FF »

And another one:

If Snowden were only, or even primarily, a whistleblower, he might deserve a pardon - not that he would necessarily need it, since there are at least in theory protections for actual whistleblowers. But he isn't. He is a defector who sold hundreds of thousands of military and intelligence files, the vast majority of which had nothing to do with what he allegedly was trying to blow the whistle on, to Russia and China in exchange for their protecting him from standing trial.

Edit: And yet another one:

𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2020, 12:11:04 PM »

For the Smart One-Liners category:

Also, it's not the first time someone supposedly not right-wing makes savagely right-wing takes about the undesirables, is it?

Hell, you could argue that this sentence is an apt summary of much Progressive Era social policy, so in a way, Hades is carrying on in a long center-left tradition!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2020, 11:45:55 PM »

See thread for context
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2021, 03:35:29 PM »

Sad But True
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2021, 05:56:51 PM »

One of the fun things about the Atlas Forum has always been that it's totally acceptable to make a poll about another poster asking whether they're a horrible person (this would not be allowed on any other site where I've ever spent any substantial amount of time), but it makes it a lot less fun when the bar for being a good person is apparently so low that you can be a mentally subnormal Nazi and still have half the site defending you.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2021, 10:23:38 PM »

He's a traitor and will be curbstomped.

About Mike Garcia
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2021, 05:27:36 PM »

I'm hardly an expert, but it's my understanding that Riefenstahl invented many of the techniques that are now the bread and butter of modern cinematography —in which case it's not terribly surprising that her films are less impressive to modern audiences than they were in the 1930s.
Her work also hasn’t aged well due to the Holocaust.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2021, 08:49:21 PM »

Too little, too late. Trump appears genuinely chastised for the first time in his Presidency.

Criminal caught red-handed says, "crime is bad and can't we just let bygones be bygones" after he's given an trial date.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2021, 09:13:13 PM »

On Liz Cheney’s vote for impeachment:

You have to give the Cheneys credit for being consistent on terrorism and regime change.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2021, 10:27:35 AM »

Question: what comes to mind when you hear "latte sipping, Volvo drying, organic buying liberal"?

Answer:
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2021, 10:45:52 AM »

Question: what comes to mind when you hear "latte sipping, Volvo drying, organic buying liberal"?

Answer:
of course, it's still bettér to be a "latte sipping, Volvo drying, organic buying liberal" than to be a "trump maga cultist, conspiracy theorist, free kekistan troll who eventually invades the capitol dressed as a viking, while blaming blm, cultural marxism and antifa for it".

But the truth is that few atlas posters have an idea of what it means to live in poverty (tho there are some) and that they don't choose for their fate
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2021, 10:51:43 AM »

With Donald Trump not attending, Dan Quayle is again the dumbest person on the stage.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2021, 11:24:31 PM »

But then again I'm not surprised that a forum that is overwhelmingly male is so concerned with the totally real epidemic of false allegations.

Meanwhile back in reality, false allegations are about as common as voter fraud. If you're going to claim there's an "epidemic" of false allegations, you may as well jump on board with Trump's election conspiracy theories because both are based in self-inflicted victimhood complexes designed to invalidate legitimate instances, be it real accusations or legally cast votes.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2021, 11:48:19 PM »

You literally told Arizona Iced Tea to “Zip it, fascist,” when he said he still supported Trump after the storming of the Capitol.

Who are you again?

The Reckoning.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2021, 05:25:42 PM »

Best J fern Post in years.

I say we impeach the 24th President, Grover Cleveland, but let the 22nd President, Grover Cleveland be.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2021, 06:02:45 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2021, 08:01:16 PM »

Maryland should just join DC. This way we’ll have 2 fewer Democrats in the Senate and 7 fewer House Democrats.

This post was brought to you by; Blue avatar gang.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies