Your Thanksgiving Dinner
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:52:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Your Thanksgiving Dinner
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Your Thanksgiving Dinner  (Read 2132 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 26, 2020, 02:15:17 PM »
« edited: November 26, 2020, 03:25:34 PM by bagelman »

What was yours?

Mine was

Pork Chops with Stuffing, made with the stuffing already on inside, premade and frozen for a few days.

Mashed Potatoes and Beef Gravy, both homemade

Green Bean and Mushroom Soup casserole with those cheap fried onions, homemade

Deviled Eggs, homemade

Rolls

Pumpkin Pie, homemade for the first time

Water

(The whole meal was just the two people of the household. I feel very thankful that I can enjoy a normal Thanksgiving)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 02:27:26 PM »

Thanksgiving is not really a thing in Germany, but today I made gratinated aubergines (eggplants). It's a recipe from my Greek grandma: Aubergine cut in two lengthwise with ground meat, onions, Mediterranean spices (oregano, thymus, marjoram) and self made tomato paste plus grated cheese for half an hour into the oven. With some Greek feta and a glass of red wine, makes a perfect meal.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 02:30:08 PM »

My family wasn't intending to go today. I'm waiting at home to get tested on Friday because I was around a person who I didn't know got infected with COVID. I am currently quarantining. I haven't showed any symptoms yet which means I haven't gotten infected or the symtoms have started appearing (I was around the said-infected person on Friday) I'm glad I didn't go out. Makes me feel proud that I didn't unintentionally infect people. I'm proud of my family for staying home.

Also, F#ck you posters who went and gambled with other people's lives.

Yea this may have been insensitive to people like you who normally go to large family gatherings every year. I'm sorry. I hope next year is much better.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 02:30:30 PM »

Due to lack of infrastructure and my restaurant of choice being out of the traditional stuff, I'm doing ribs as the main.

I do have mashed potatoes, gravy, and pumpkin pie though.

Thanks to COVID, my actual plans were scrapped.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 02:33:52 PM »

Family is too far away to bother flying to just for Thanksgiving weekend, so I usually end up going to a friend's place for the holiday.  Not happening this year though, due to coronavirus, so I'm on my own.  I'm tentatively planning to have pizza.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 02:36:27 PM »

I managed to get a "festive seasonal panini" from Starbucks that had turkey and cranberries. I also got an eggnog latte and a chocolate muffin for dessert. As a student living abroad during COVID, that's enough to keep me satisfied.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 02:37:05 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2020, 04:41:26 PM by KoopaDaQuick »

I already had my Thanksgiving dinner lunch today, it was turkey and beef from Famous Dave's plus corn, Oreo fluff, Hawaiian rolls, and root beer.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention that I only ate with people in my household. Normally I'd eat alongside my mom's side of the family, but we didn't do it this year, and not just because of COVID-19.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 02:48:11 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2020, 02:52:42 PM by Green Line »

Yeah, get over yourself.

Anyway, we’re having Turkey, Ham, stuffing, cranberry sauce, cornbread, mash potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, and lots of wine/beer.  My aunt is hosting this year, it will be beautiful.

Oh, and Jameson!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 02:57:07 PM »

I bought squash pie and a turkey sandwich for myself.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 02:59:11 PM »

This year is different for the family because of COVID, but usually it is very traditional:
Turkey
Ham
Dressing
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Green Bean Casserole
Mac n Cheese
Yeast Rolls
Sweet Potato Casserole
Cranberry Salad
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Pecan Pie
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 03:13:05 PM »

Considering it's only noon, I don't expect to eat for 3-4 hours. That said, I'm having:
Turkey
Cranberry Sauce
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Gravy
Pumpkin Pie w/ whipped cream
and a couple bottles of Prosecco.
(All homemade, of course)

I'm not flying during covid just to see my parents for a few days, so I drove up the coast to spend Thanksgiving with my grandparents. It's just the 3 of us, so I'm only making the essentials.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2020, 03:13:57 PM »

My family wasn't intending to go today. I'm waiting at home to get tested on Friday because I was around a person who I didn't know got infected with COVID. I am currently quarantining. I haven't showed any symptoms yet which means I haven't gotten infected or the symtoms have started appearing later (I was around the said-infected person on Friday) I'm glad I didn't go out. Makes me feel proud that I didn't unintentionally infect people. I'm proud of my family for staying home.

What a pathetic human being
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2020, 03:16:23 PM »

My family wasn't intending to go today. I'm waiting at home to get tested on Friday because I was around a person who I didn't know got infected with COVID. I am currently quarantining. I haven't showed any symptoms yet which means I haven't gotten infected or the symtoms have started appearing later (I was around the said-infected person on Friday) I'm glad I didn't go out. Makes me feel proud that I didn't unintentionally infect people. I'm proud of my family for staying home.

At least he is a human being.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2020, 03:16:24 PM »

Haven’t eaten yet, but I’ll be having:

-Turkey
-Stuffing
-Mashed Potatoes
-Biscuits
-Gravy
-Apple Crumb Pie
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2020, 03:19:13 PM »

What is your solution then, watch my relatives die?
Kill granny for the Turkey gods.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2020, 03:26:29 PM »

I don't freaking care if you celebrate. Just stop trying to make everyone's life as sad as yours is just because you don't get to have fun.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2020, 03:38:06 PM »

Considering it's only noon, I don't expect to eat for 3-4 hours. That said, I'm having:
Turkey
Cranberry Sauce
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Gravy
Pumpkin Pie w/ whipped cream
and a couple bottles of Prosecco.
(All homemade, of course)

I'm not flying during covid just to see my parents for a few days, so I drove up the coast to spend Thanksgiving with my grandparents. It's just the 3 of us, so I'm only making the essentials.

I somehow doubt the Prosecco is homemade as well... excellent choice though Cheesy
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2020, 03:43:14 PM »

I don't freaking care if you celebrate. Just stop trying to make everyone's life as sad as yours is just because you don't get to have fun.

Your bad priorities aside, don't you just want this pandemic to end?

I want kids back in schools, students back at colleges, intercontinental travel reopened, bars back in service, workers back in offices, concerts, in-person sports games, and the rest of it. America being shut down sucks, and that's exactly why I'm covid-cautious.

Personally, I'm not scared of the virus (or really much else), but I just want my life back. That's not going to happen until case counts go down, and case counts won't go down until we quit having big gatherings and being militant mask-wearers. If you get together with 10 people, there's a 1 in 4 chance somebody is infected. That's just probability. The fewer large gatherings we have, the faster America reopens.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2020, 03:43:24 PM »

Hopefully some of you don't have to go to any funerals around Christmas time because you couldn't hold off the family gatherings for a few more months. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

I'm having rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes, broccoli, carrots, baby corn, and butter cake for dessert. And not being stupid putting people at risk. The spike in the next few weeks  is going to make the current one look tame.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2020, 03:44:29 PM »

I somehow doubt the Prosecco is homemade as well... excellent choice though Cheesy

Fair enough. All credit goes to the Goleta Costco.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2020, 03:49:30 PM »

Hopefully some of you don't have to go to any funerals around Christmas time because you couldn't hold off the family gatherings for a few more months. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

I really, really, don’t care either way.  My family has not found the key to immortality, yet!  Thank you for your prayers though, I always want more prayers.  Keep it up because we’re not slowing down after Thanksgiving!
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2020, 03:55:58 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2020, 04:00:14 PM by DINGO Joe »

Ham and stuffing
Spinach Madeleine
A Sweet potato/apple/pecan concoction
Maque Choux
Fotatoes (cauliflower w/cream cheese/ cheddar cheese and bacon)
These cream cheese mini cakes with berries on top

Really, the stuffing is overkill.

Best thing is outside of sous cheffing, i just do the eating.

It is just me and missus this year
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2020, 04:08:43 PM »

It's more sad you can't find enjoyment with only yourself, but that is a whole another story.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2020, 04:11:42 PM »

I've always been interested in the idea of a Thanksgiving dinner. I personally would like to fry a turkey someday.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2020, 04:15:41 PM »

None (vegetarian, doesn't endorse torturing animals)
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies