This was an amazing night for Republicans. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:03:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  This was an amazing night for Republicans. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This was an amazing night for Republicans.  (Read 5278 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: October 14, 2019, 03:08:11 PM »

Edwards hasn't lost yet.

But yeah, this is incredibly depressing on every level and I'm pretty close to exiting politics all together.

Honestly, I know it probably doesn’t seem like it to you, but IceSpear, Xingerui and I don’t do the whole “Safe R” Kentucky thing for no reason. I personally do it as a way to make some comic relief about an ugly aspect of our politics nowadays that most deep red states are so polarized that they wouldn’t even vote for Jesus Christ in the flesh if he were a Democrat. My coping mechanism is to thus preempt the inevitable disappointment from a loss in what could look like a promising race in such places by preparing myself for the worst.

And most others find it incredibly obnoxious and grating, including many who agree with the predictions. This is why I have IceSpear on ignore and you'll probably end up in it pretty soon, it wouldn't matter if I agreed with every single opinion you had, the manner in which they are expressed is insufferable regardless.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 06:41:53 PM »

Edwards hasn't lost yet.

But yeah, this is incredibly depressing on every level and I'm pretty close to exiting politics all together.

Honestly, I know it probably doesn’t seem like it to you, but IceSpear, Xingerui and I don’t do the whole “Safe R” Kentucky thing for no reason. I personally do it as a way to make some comic relief about an ugly aspect of our politics nowadays that most deep red states are so polarized that they wouldn’t even vote for Jesus Christ in the flesh if he were a Democrat. My coping mechanism is to thus preempt the inevitable disappointment from a loss in what could look like a promising race in such places by preparing myself for the worst.

And most others find it incredibly obnoxious and grating, including many who agree with the predictions. This is why I have IceSpear on ignore and you'll probably end up in it pretty soon, it wouldn't matter if I agreed with every single opinion you had, the manner in which they are expressed is insufferable regardless.

You might find the jokes about Safe R KY annoying, but on this forum, if there were only ever serious analysis about the state of politics without any joking around or memes, it'd get extremely depressing in a hurry. Sometimes, humor is the best coping mechanism, even though some people inevitably won't appreciate the particular type of humor used.

However humor ceases to be humorous after repeated repetition of it and then just becomes annoying. There's a reason memes in the greater web die out so quickly. Do you still engage in Rickrolling or watch Harlem Shake videos?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 07:29:42 PM »

Edwards hasn't lost yet.

You might find the jokes about Safe R KY annoying, but on this forum, if there were only ever serious analysis about the state of politics without any joking around or memes, it'd get extremely depressing in a hurry. Sometimes, humor is the best coping mechanism, even though some people inevitably won't appreciate the particular type of humor used.

However humor ceases to be humorous after repeated repetition of it and then just becomes annoying. There's a reason memes in the greater web die out so quickly. Do you still engage in Rickrolling or watch Harlem Shake videos?

No, but I wouldn't recommend banning uploading Rickroll videos, or YouTube channels that upload a Rickroll video, especially if it were in response to other channels claiming that Rick Astley can't sing. And last I checked, TrendsAreReal hasn't been making the same posts on this site for 13 years.
The analogy would be more akin to someone repeatedly spamming Rickrolls because they once heard someone off the forum claim that Rick Astley can't sing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 07:46:23 PM »

The analogy would be more akin to someone repeatedly spamming Rickrolls because they once heard someone off the forum claim that Rick Astley can't sing.

Put them on ignore and actually follow through on ignoring them if you don’t want to deal with them. Your bitching makes you look even more pathetic than you already are.

I have IceSpear on ignore already and the only reason I haven't hit the button for TrendsAreReal is so I can still report his posts, same reason I never ignored krazen.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 08:16:05 PM »

the only reason I haven't hit the button for TrendsAreReal is so I can still report his posts

So basically you’re just giving the mods a bunch of BS busy work to sift through. Nice.
He's complained about posts being deleted, so no.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 08:53:31 PM »

the only reason I haven't hit the button for TrendsAreReal is so I can still report his posts

So basically you’re just giving the mods a bunch of BS busy work to sift through. Nice.

I complained about literally one post being deleted out of two and that one was when it got deleted for “trolling” when I wasn’t even trolling. I wish Steve Cooley had won that race in 2010 so we wouldn’t have to deal with the nauseating Kamala Harris fandom. If you see that as your greatest accomplishment in your (checks notes) 13 years on here... congrats?
Nah my greatest achievement was being interviewed and quoted by the Wall Street Journal.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 11:59:03 PM »

I complained about literally one post being deleted out of two and that one was when it got deleted for “trolling” when I wasn’t even trolling. I wish Steve Cooley had won that race in 2010 so we wouldn’t have to deal with the nauseating Kamala Harris fandom. If you see that as your greatest accomplishment in your (checks notes) 13 years on here... congrats?
Nah my greatest achievement was being interviewed and quoted by the Wall Street Journal.

Was it in the Mental Health section?
No.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2022, 12:47:48 AM »

This sure aged well.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 11:38:32 AM »

What are you talking about? Tate Reeves won and Republican swept every race in Mississippi and flipped KY-AG and KY-SOS! It was an amazing election cycle for Republicans!
The OP focused on LA-GOV.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies