Planned parenthood megaclinic in East St louis area for Missouri residents.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:43:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Planned parenthood megaclinic in East St louis area for Missouri residents.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Planned parenthood megaclinic in East St louis area for Missouri residents.  (Read 6982 times)
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Nuke
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 8.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2019, 10:36:36 PM »

A new reason I want to pass a new Abortion Act prohibiting the act of transporting oneself for the purpose of abortion in interstate commerce.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2019, 05:35:14 AM »

It seems that the only kind of business which Illinois is able to attract is the abortion industry.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2019, 05:38:01 AM »

Praise the lord. I'm so happy to hear this news. Women who aren't capable of providing food, shelter and love to a child will not be forced to be bad parents. Women desperate for abortions will not risk extremely dangerous non-professional methods. Women will make decisions about their bodies. The government will allow citizens the freedom of choice regarding having children. Republicans will get triggered and freak out. Just all around, this is very good news and a beautiful example of American values.

You know, there are plenty of people who would be happy to adopt the children you’re referring. It’s probably a far better solution than sending them to death before they have even been able to breath, and that would probably be more in line with American (and human) values.

Where are they? If people were lining up to adopt, there wouldn't be demand for IVF or for importing babies from China, Eastern Europe and subsaharan Africa.

What’s your point ? If people are forced to import Chinese babies it’s because there are not enough children available for adoption in USA/Europe.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2019, 05:56:09 AM »

A new reason I want to pass a new Abortion Act prohibiting the act of transporting oneself for the purpose of abortion in interstate commerce.
Hard to enforce and EXTREMELY authoritarian. That's a pretty big government regulation you're asking for.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2019, 10:07:23 AM »

Praise the lord. I'm so happy to hear this news. Women who aren't capable of providing food, shelter and love to a child will not be forced to be bad parents. Women desperate for abortions will not risk extremely dangerous non-professional methods. Women will make decisions about their bodies. The government will allow citizens the freedom of choice regarding having children. Republicans will get triggered and freak out. Just all around, this is very good news and a beautiful example of American values.

The Church of Abortion Worship. The "Lord" whom you pay allegiance to is Molech, God of Child Sacrifice. Members of this church consider abortion to be the "holy sacrament", a "blessed thing" which all should praise, and all should embrace. Women who obtain abortions are "one with the Lord" and will obtain admittance to the pearly gates of Heaven. Women who oppose abortion will be cast into the flaming pit of Hell, and be damned for all eternity.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. What the f---k is wrong with you?

You're supposed to be a moderator? I have to ask this question more often than not.

Could you please stop being a snowflake?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2019, 11:13:53 AM »

This is abnormal, bizarre, and pretty creepy.

The Church of Abortion Worship. The "Lord" whom you pay allegiance to is Molech, God of Child Sacrifice. Members of this church consider abortion to be the "holy sacrament", a "blessed thing" which all should praise, and all should embrace. Women who obtain abortions are "one with the Lord" and will obtain admittance to the pearly gates of Heaven. Women who oppose abortion will be cast into the flaming pit of Hell, and be damned for all eternity.
It’s always nice to know that when pro-choice people use radical, alienating rhetoric, pro-life people like you somehow manage to use even more radical and even more alienating rhetoric.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2019, 11:27:17 AM »

If only Republicans cared about "morality" or "the children/babies" for literally any other issue. Or cared about the lives of the unborn as soon as they transitioned from unborn to born.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2019, 11:48:56 AM »

If only Republicans cared about "morality" or "the children/babies" for literally any other issue. Or cared about the lives of the unborn as soon as they transitioned from unborn to born.

Because democrats care about anyone but themselves ?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2019, 11:57:19 AM »

Well, most of us want to address an existential threat to all of us, reduce the income gap, provide healthcare to everyone, make it possible to come here legally without going bankrupt or waiting over a decade, make the education system work for more than just the most privileged, make our criminal justice system fairer, prevent school children from being violently murdered, etc. So yes, I think most of us do care about other people. While not everyone will agree on how effective Democratic plans to address these issues are, the care for others is present. Now, I'd love to hear how Republicans care about people other than themselves who are already born and not rich and/or named Donald Trump.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2019, 12:31:26 PM »

Well, most of us want to address an existential threat to all of us, reduce the income gap, provide healthcare to everyone, make it possible to come here legally without going bankrupt or waiting over a decade, make the education system work for more than just the most privileged, make our criminal justice system fairer, prevent school children from being violently murdered, etc. So yes, I think most of us do care about other people. While not everyone will agree on how effective Democratic plans to address these issues are, the care for others is present. Now, I'd love to hear how Republicans care about people other than themselves who are already born and not rich and/or named Donald Trump.

Those are all issues completely separate from the issue about whether or not it's okay to kill another human being. You want to address those issues? By all means, do what you need to do to address them. However, not a single one of those issues is a valid reason for murder outside of the womb, nor should it be a valid reason if the human is inside of the womb.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2019, 01:03:37 PM »

Those are all issues completely separate from the issue about whether or not it's okay to kill another human being. You want to address those issues? By all means, do what you need to do to address them. However, not a single one of those issues is a valid reason for murder outside of the womb, nor should it be a valid reason if the human is inside of the womb.

The main reason why abortion is such a contentious issue is that it basically boils down to the basic philosophical question of "What constitutes a human life?" Unfortunately there is no objective answer to it. (One can objectively decide whether something fits a particular subjective answer to the question, but that doesn't transform the underlying subjective definition into an objective one.)

This means that anti-abortion activists wailing "MURDER!!!!" never convince anyone, because that argument depends upon subjective definitions of human life that are not universally accepted define a fetus as a human. If you are actually interested in trying to convince others of your viewpoint, you'd have a better chance if instead of screeching, you stuck to laying out arguments why you consider a fetus to fully meet your definition of what it means to be human and why that subjective definition is one society as a whole should use it.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2019, 03:11:44 PM »

Well, clearly there's disagreement on the morality of ending a pregnancy. I personally dislike the idea of abortion, and don't want it to be used as commonly as birth control, but since I'm not the one who will ever have to carry a baby out to term and give birth, it's not my choice to make. I've said many times on this forum that I support measures that would reduce the need for abortions (better sex education and access to contraceptives to at least reduce unwanted pregnancies), but there are cases where I believe it is necessary, as difficult and unpleasant as it may be. Under some conditions, as awful as it may sound, it is better (or maybe "less bad" is more appropriate) not to bring a baby into the world, than to bring it into a life of neglect, suffering, and trauma.

Now, I'll reiterate. If any Republicans want to prove that their ideology is based around caring about those who are already born and not rich as well, rather than using this issue to try and "prove" that Democrats/liberals are morally depraved monsters who don't care about anyone and therefore it's perfectly justified to not care about anyone, I'm all ears.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2019, 03:23:56 PM »

What kind of alternate reality argument is this? Democrats want to pay higher taxes to make sure folls in poverty can get healthcare, food, housing, etc. Maybe you're projecting?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2019, 03:54:30 PM »

There is no shortage of people who wish to adopt a child in need.  None.  There is no need to kill a child that can be placed up for adoption.  Abortion does kill a child.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2019, 05:09:21 PM »

There is no shortage of people who wish to adopt a child in need.  None.
Let's see what reality has to say about that.

Let's use "Adopt US Kids dot org", a pretty legit website by the looks of it.

Exact URL I'm using =
https://www.adoptuskids.org/meet-the-children/children-in-foster-care/about-the-children

Of the 400,000 children in foster care, more than 100,000 of them are waiting to be adopted.

More than half of the children in foster care will be reunified with their parents or primary caregivers, and nearly one-quarter will be adopted, many by their foster parents.

"More than 50%" + "almost 25%" = approx 73% to 90% of kids adopted = approx 10% to 27% not adopted

My preliminary research seems to indicate that you are fake news, despite possibly being technically correct. "There isn't a shortage who.want to adopt" doesn't seem to equal "ALL of these kids are actually getting adopted".
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2019, 05:16:40 PM »

Planned Parenthood provides free HIV testing which is something that rapidly declining towns with drug issues need. If a person contracts HIV or any other STD then they can seek treatment as well as prevent spreading it.

If only Planned Parenthood stuck to doing that.

Some of your precious rural and working class areas are full of HIV outbreaks because of no testing centers, but go right ahead and rail against Planned Parenthood just because of abortion.

Planned Parenthood is free to open testing centers.  Maybe they should cease all abortions and use that money spent on that for something that actually helps people.

I'm pretty sure abortion helps men who cheat on their wives and get someone else pregnant. That's a fairly common problem among pro-life men. Why some of you are so concerned with this issue is beyond understanding.

Because we don't see this as a gender issue like you do.  And yes, some pro-lifers are hypocrites, so what?  Every political cause has hypocrites.  We see abortion as murder, and thus we want to see it outlawed.

This discussion has been had time and time again, so there's no need to rehash it. It won't be outlawed, because Republicans want to keep it as a political issue to drive religious voters.

I don't think it will be outlawed any time soon.  But every clinic closed and every woman with an unplanned pregnancy who chooses not to abort is a small victory.

And Democrats can take this issue away, thus devastating the Republican Party, if they would stop supporting abortion.

And Republicans can take away many issues if they adopt the Democratic platform on many things. That sort of logic can work both ways, but it's pretty pointless.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2019, 06:47:22 PM »

You're supposed to be a moderator? I have to ask this question more often than not.

I don't know why I removed you from my ignore list. Back on to it you go. I will not let you harass me.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2019, 06:48:50 PM »

This is abnormal, bizarre, and pretty creepy.

It’s always nice to know that when pro-choice people use radical, alienating rhetoric, pro-life people like you somehow manage to use even more radical and even more alienating rhetoric.

I don't think anything can be done about the abortion issue, so long as Roe v. Wade remains the law of the land. And who are you to prejudge me? I will not allow others to prejudge me.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2019, 07:07:25 PM »

Republicans think that unborn babies shouldn't be killed.  They also think that people who are born shouldn't be killed.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2019, 07:12:25 PM »

Republicans think that unborn babies shouldn't be killed.  They also think that people who are born shouldn't be killed.
If you're already born, the Republican ideology seems to be that you shouldn't be killed... or fed, clothed, housed, healthy, educated or employed.

George Carlin put it best on this exact subject - "If you're pre-born, you're fine. If you're pre-school, you're f__ked."
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2019, 07:17:50 PM »

Planned Parenthood provides free HIV testing which is something that rapidly declining towns with drug issues need. If a person contracts HIV or any other STD then they can seek treatment as well as prevent spreading it.

Some of your precious rural and working class areas are full of HIV outbreaks because of no testing centers, but go right ahead and rail against Planned Parenthood just because of abortion.

Planned Parenthood is free to open testing centers.  Maybe they should cease all abortions and use that money spent on that for something that actually helps people.

I'm pretty sure abortion helps men who cheat on their wives and get someone else pregnant. That's a fairly common problem among pro-life men. Why some of you are so concerned with this issue is beyond understanding.

Because we don't see this as a gender issue like you do.  And yes, some pro-lifers are hypocrites, so what?  Every political cause has hypocrites.  We see abortion as murder, and thus we want to see it outlawed.

This discussion has been had time and time again, so there's no need to rehash it. It won't be outlawed, because Republicans want to keep it as a political issue to drive religious voters.

I don't think it will be outlawed any time soon.  But every clinic closed and every woman with an unplanned pregnancy who chooses not to abort is a small victory.

And Democrats can take this issue away, thus devastating the Republican Party, if they would stop supporting abortion.

And Republicans can take away many issues if they adopt the Democratic platform on many things. That sort of logic can work both ways, but it's pretty pointless.

Opposition to abortion was not invented by Republicans, and many Democrats have been pro-life.  Party platforms don't stay the same forever.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2019, 07:25:13 PM »

Opposition to abortion was not invented by Republicans, and many Democrats have been pro-life.  Party platforms don't stay the same forever.

I didn't say it was invented by Republicans. Racism wasn't invented by Republicans, but that didn't prevent you from going off the rails and adopting segregation to "devastate" Democrats in the south.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2019, 07:36:42 PM »

If you're already born, the Republican ideology seems to be that you shouldn't be killed... or fed, clothed, housed, healthy, educated or employed.

George Carlin put it best on this exact subject - "If you're pre-born, you're fine. If you're pre-school, you're f__ked."

Republicans aren't getting the government to provide anything to fetuses either.  Fetuses aren't getting any special treatment.

Democrats agree with Republicans that those who are born should not be killed.  Democrats go farther and say that the government should also provide for people.

When it comes to the unborn Republicans think that they should not be killed.  Democrats don't even give the unborn the bare minimum protection of making it illegal to murder them.  They speak highly of organizations that murder the unborn.  They speak unfavorably of those who protest against the murder of unborn children.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2019, 07:40:48 PM »

I didn't say it was invented by Republicans. Racism wasn't invented by Republicans, but that didn't prevent you from going off the rails and adopting segregation to "devastate" Democrats in the south.

I and most Republicans were never involved in promoting racism.  The vast majority of Republicans voted to ban segregation in 1964 and the Republicans were not liberal back then.  Some Republicans used racist campaigns, but it was rarely a national strategy.

Anyway, imagine if Democrats decided to never support civil rights because it was traditionally a Republican issue.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2019, 07:51:05 PM »

I don't know why I removed you from my ignore list. Back on to it you go. I will not let you harass me.

Clearly you have zero comprehension of what a "harassment" mean.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies