Planned parenthood megaclinic in East St louis area for Missouri residents.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 03:40:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Planned parenthood megaclinic in East St louis area for Missouri residents.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Planned parenthood megaclinic in East St louis area for Missouri residents.  (Read 6987 times)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2019, 01:06:49 AM »

Wonderful news and way to own the theocratic fascists who control this deplorable cesspool of a state.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2019, 01:15:15 AM »

News article title for when the very first few Republican protestors show up:

Three Edgelords Outside St. Louis, Missouri
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2019, 01:16:34 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2019, 11:20:25 PM by Calthrina950 »

Praise the lord. I'm so happy to hear this news. Women who aren't capable of providing food, shelter and love to a child will not be forced to be bad parents. Women desperate for abortions will not risk extremely dangerous non-professional methods. Women will make decisions about their bodies. The government will allow citizens the freedom of choice regarding having children. Republicans will get triggered and freak out. Just all around, this is very good news and a beautiful example of American values.

The Church of Abortion Worship. The "Lord" whom you pay allegiance to is Molech, God of Child Sacrifice. Members of this church consider abortion to be the "holy sacrament", a "blessed thing" which all should praise, and all should embrace. Women who obtain abortions are "one with the Lord" and will obtain admittance to the pearly gates of Heaven. Women who oppose abortion will be cast into the flaming pit of Hell, and be damned for all eternity.
LOL, you're delusional. There is a vast and sprawling chasm that seperates "abortion is GREAT and should be encouraged" apart from "women should ultimately make this EXTREMELY difficult personal moral decision for themselves without government interference".

Those two positions are not close AT ALL and never will be, despite evangelival brainwashing and thousands of dollars worth of propaganda being shoved down our throats daily that say that those two positions are one and the same.

I'm not surprised that you would quickly resort to insults, given what you've posted before. But what I posted is the sense of what I get on here. Many on this website take pride over "owning the Trumptards" over an issue as sensitive and as important as this one. It's unfortunate, but it's true.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2019, 01:53:18 AM »

Praise the lord. I'm so happy to hear this news. Women who aren't capable of providing food, shelter and love to a child will not be forced to be bad parents. Women desperate for abortions will not risk extremely dangerous non-professional methods. Women will make decisions about their bodies. The government will allow citizens the freedom of choice regarding having children. Republicans will get triggered and freak out. Just all around, this is very good news and a beautiful example of American values.

The Church of Abortion Worship. The "Lord" whom you pay allegiance to is Molech, God of Child Sacrifice. Members of this church consider abortion to be the "holy sacrament", a "blessed thing" which all should praise, and all should embrace. Women who obtain abortions are "one with the Lord" and will obtain admittance to the pearly gates of Heaven. Women who oppose abortion will be cast into the flaming pit of Hell, and be damned for all eternity.
LOL, you're delusional. There is a vast and sprawling chasm that seperates "abortion is GREAT and should be encouraged" apart from "women should ultimately make this EXTREMELY difficult personal moral decision for themselves without government interference".

Those two positions are not close AT ALL and never will be, despite evangelival brainwashing and thousands of dollars worth of propaganda being shoved down our throats daily that say that those two positions are one and the same.

I'm not surprised that you would quickly resort to insults, given what you've posted before. But what I posted is the sense of what I get on here. Many on this website take pray over "owning the Trumptards" over an issue as sensitive and as important as this one. It's unfortunate, but it's true.
I wasn't resorting to an insult. I first posited that you were delusional, and then I proceeded to make my case for why you are in fact delusional with the rest of my post. I'm not accusing you of being generally delusional. I'm referring only to your stated position that I quoted. For what it's worth, I like you more than I like most blue avatars. It's not personal.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2019, 03:44:22 AM »

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. What the f---k is wrong with you?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2019, 07:20:12 AM »

Thank goodness for the glorious state of Illinois in their battle against Missouri fascism.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2019, 08:04:14 AM »

I'm not surprised that you would quickly resort to insults, given what you've posted before. But what I posted is the sense of what I get on here. Many on this website take pray over "owning the Trumptards" over an issue as sensitive and as important as this one. It's unfortunate, but it's true.
I wasn't resorting to an insult. I first posited that you were delusional, and then I proceeded to make my case for why you are in fact delusional with the rest of my post. I'm not accusing you of being generally delusional. I'm referring only to your stated position that I quoted. For what it's worth, I like you more than I like most blue avatars. It's not personal.

No one escalated anything. Both of you are being shrill as HECK but I don't think there were any insults launch.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2019, 08:19:48 AM »

You know, there are plenty of people who would be happy to adopt the children you’re referring. It’s probably a far better solution than sending them to death before they have even been able to breath, and that would probably be more in line with American (and human) values.

You make it sound like being pregnant is easy and risk-free. You also act as if people decide to have an abortion on a whim. I'll be honest here, I'm a bit of a moderate hero on abortion, but the callous disregard of the real reasons people consider abortion many of that those in the anti-abortion camp have causes me to view the anti-abortion position with heavy scepticism as to their motives.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2019, 10:01:43 AM »
« Edited: October 04, 2019, 11:08:56 AM by Lfromnj stands with Sanchez. »

Planned Parenthood provides free HIV testing which is something that rapidly declining towns with drug issues need. If a person contracts HIV or any other STD then they can seek treatment as well as prevent spreading it.

If only Planned Parenthood stuck to doing that.

...the name of the organization is Planned PARENTHOOD though...

Cool. Dont really care. Just shouldn't be funded . Tbf I really dont like Missouri's de facto ban attempt of abortion clinics either.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2019, 11:06:18 AM »

Planned Parenthood provides free HIV testing which is something that rapidly declining towns with drug issues need. If a person contracts HIV or any other STD then they can seek treatment as well as prevent spreading it.

Some of your precious rural and working class areas are full of HIV outbreaks because of no testing centers, but go right ahead and rail against Planned Parenthood just because of abortion.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2019, 01:21:09 PM »

Wonderful news and way to own the theocratic fascists who control this deplorable cesspool of a state.

So America was a theocracy in 1972?
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2019, 01:22:29 PM »

Some of your precious rural and working class areas are full of HIV outbreaks because of no testing centers, but go right ahead and rail against Planned Parenthood just because of abortion.

Planned Parenthood is free to open testing centers.  Maybe they should cease all abortions and use that money spent on that for something that actually helps people.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2019, 02:21:52 PM »

60% of women who get an abortion already have children. Of those who are childless, many go on to have children.

Abortion is a part of comprehensive healthcare for women.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2019, 02:29:48 PM »

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. What the f---k is wrong with you?

You're supposed to be a moderator? I have to ask this question more often than not.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2019, 02:49:27 PM »

My man having a normal one.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2019, 03:30:22 PM »

Planned Parenthood is free to open testing centers.  Maybe they should cease all abortions and use that money spent on that for something that actually helps people.

I'm pretty sure abortion helps men who cheat on their wives and get someone else pregnant. That's a fairly common problem among pro-life men. Why some of you are so concerned with this issue is beyond understanding.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2019, 03:37:34 PM »

I'm pretty sure abortion helps men who cheat on their wives and get someone else pregnant. That's a fairly common problem among pro-life men. Why some of you are so concerned with this issue is beyond understanding.

Because we don't see this as a gender issue like you do.  And yes, some pro-lifers are hypocrites, so what?  Every political cause has hypocrites.  We see abortion as murder, and thus we want to see it outlawed.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2019, 04:24:56 PM »

60% of women who get an abortion already have children. Of those who are childless, many go on to have children.

Unnecessarily killing something (which is what the majority of abortions are) isn't healthcare. It's taking a life because that life is inconvenient to your own.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2019, 04:43:12 PM »

Because we don't see this as a gender issue like you do.  And yes, some pro-lifers are hypocrites, so what?  Every political cause has hypocrites.  We see abortion as murder, and thus we want to see it outlawed.

This discussion has been had time and time again, so there's no need to rehash it. It won't be outlawed, because Republicans want to keep it as a political issue to drive religious voters.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2019, 04:44:30 PM »

This user is delusional. Take him to the infirmary.

(Sigh) and he truly been doing rather well since returning.

Oh well. I suppose everyone is entitled to a little bit of excessive hyperbole. I certainly have no stones to throw on that point. Wink
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2019, 04:46:35 PM »

Unnecessarily killing something (which is what the majority of abortions are) isn't healthcare. It's taking a life because that life is inconvenient to your own.

There are several pregnancies that aren't viable or are a threat to the mother's health, so that is health care. And if you actually watch the news to see how many horrible parents there are you'd realize that some people should choose an abortion rather than have a child and torture it.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2019, 05:23:12 PM »

There are several pregnancies that aren't viable or are a threat to the mother's health, so that is health care. And if you actually watch the news to see how many horrible parents there are you'd realize that some people should choose an abortion rather than have a child and torture it.

Nah, they just endorse marrying right out of high school to have "non sinful" sex and have too many kids to support on no higher education level jobs and then are fine with withholding food stamps and welfare because it's the faux Christian thing to do and they can just pull themselves up by the bootstraps!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2019, 05:40:30 PM »

The vast majority of abortions aren't taking place under the extreme conditions you are outlining.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2019, 06:09:56 PM »

This discussion has been had time and time again, so there's no need to rehash it. It won't be outlawed, because Republicans want to keep it as a political issue to drive religious voters.

I don't think it will be outlawed any time soon.  But every clinic closed and every woman with an unplanned pregnancy who chooses not to abort is a small victory.

And Democrats can take this issue away, thus devastating the Republican Party, if they would stop supporting abortion.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2019, 10:17:39 PM »

"if Democrats became Republicans, they would devastate the Republican Party"

So Hubert Humphrey was a Republican?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length